[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What gaming router do you use, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: AsusRT88U-Side_w_600[1].jpg (19 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
AsusRT88U-Side_w_600[1].jpg
19 KB, 600x399
What gaming router do you use, /v/?
>>
is there actually a reason to get something better than some cheap $30 linksys router if your download speed is only 60 Mb/s?
>>
>>332785429
Yes. Even if the freeway speed limit is 60 MPH traffic will slow like crazy if you force every car to merge into one narrow lane.
>>
>>332785821
how much money should an average person with that download speed expect to spend on a new router?
>>
>>332786030
Get something good. As a cable technician, I can tell you that you're gonna want it to last like 4 or 5 years, so spend the money now or get hurt later especially as new internet features and devices that use internet come out. You want something that will do its job, in terms of how much you can spend, it depends on the deal, but you're looking in the 70-100$ range, or you can just rent one from your ISP
>>
>>332786030
With 60mb/s? You can find something easily for $60 to $100 depending on features and performance you want. I wouldn't recommend bargin bin routers with a connection above 40mb/s (below that you could probably get away with it, though you still might have issues).

You can get crazy and move up to the newer technology, but that all depends on your living situation needs and wants.
>>
That router in your picture looks mildly impractical.
>>
I bet half of the people who buy these routers are still using a shitty modem and not taking advantage of the speeds from it at all

Modern consumers are fucking idiots
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Literally the only thing that made MKX playable.
>>
Speed doesn't mean shit for actual online gaming past a certain, very low point. It just doesn't take fast download speed. What comes into play is how good of a consistent wifi signal it can put out, which is fucking impossible to judge without seeing reviews.
>>
File: NOD_Obelisk_Array.jpg (65 KB, 625x350) Image search: [Google]
NOD_Obelisk_Array.jpg
65 KB, 625x350
>>332784403
c'mon step it up
>>
File: 1434290945370.jpg (7 KB, 174x250) Image search: [Google]
1434290945370.jpg
7 KB, 174x250
>>332784403
>just got a call from ISP
>new offer to upgrade my download speed from 100 to 200 for $15 more a month
>also going to send me an adapter that will speed up wifi throughout the house
>no taxes, installation fees, or reset required
>my bill was already on a plan that was just $30 a month
>mfw

thank you based brighthouse
>>
File: 1456714373023.png (13 KB, 266x220) Image search: [Google]
1456714373023.png
13 KB, 266x220
>>332784403
Why buy something this expensive when you won't even use wifi?
>>
>>332790023
because it's gaming hardware, therefore superior.
>>
>using wireless ever
>>
>>332789634
and here Time Warner called to tell us our speed was being throttled to 20Mpbs and the monthly rate was going up.

Man, having a monopoly on internet access in an area must be nice.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.