[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I’ve been told once or twice that the bisexual or gay characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: anthony burch (2).jpg (49 KB, 509x345) Image search: [Google]
anthony burch (2).jpg
49 KB, 509x345
>I’ve been told once or twice that the bisexual or gay characters I wrote for Borderlands 2 were arbitrary and forced. This is one hundred percent true. I did not have any particular stories to tell about human sexuality — I just randomly chose a few characters and decided that they weren’t heterosexual. I had no “reason” to do so other than the belief that a cast of sexually diverse characters is better than a sexually homogenous one.

>Did it hurt the story? Maybe. Maybe it feels arbitrary that certain female characters mention their wives, or that certain male characters just happen to have several occasions to mention their boyfriends. I’d like to think that I knew this might have been a problem when I wrote the characters in the first place — that by making the cast more diverse and drawing attention to it, I’d be making the story worse.

>On the upside, though — and this is going to sound tremendously arrogant, but stick with me for a few more paragraphs – while arbitrarily diverse casts might make the story worse, they make world better. Not the in-fiction world, either; I mean, you know, the world. The actual one. The one you and I are in. Real life.

Is this a fair thing to say?
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with being Anthony Burch.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 225x225
Name one lolcow worse than Burch
>>
File: 1454906974611.jpg (307 KB, 587x713) Image search: [Google]
1454906974611.jpg
307 KB, 587x713
Im not Anthony Burch.
>>
I really fucking hate when artists get the idea every one of them will change the world with their art.
It's not a fucking excuse to say "the story I wrote is shit, but it makes our real world better!" Because it won't. Especially with comments like this, I can see a lot of young impressionable people seeing through his bullshit and going full stormfront even if they never hated gays, trannies, whatever
>>
>>332777637
I'll bite. How does his mediocore writing, homestly affect the real world? Seems like a pretty arrogant thing to say.
>>
File: Limited Edition Pepe.gif (1 MB, 305x360) Image search: [Google]
Limited Edition Pepe.gif
1 MB, 305x360
>>332778165
But they are, Anon. They are changing the world. You're a dying breed and all of your shitposting and screaming, hissing, and clawing, the preening of your feathers and the spamming of your image macros, the late night he-man woman hater's club circle jerks on this very website... they are all just the death rattles of an old and increasingly irrelevant relic of our collective shameful past and when you are gone you will not be mourned. You are on the wrong side of history, xir.
>>
>>332777984
ur mum when I blow razzberrys her belly is the biggest lolcow
>>
>>332778578
*tips fedora*
Good show, gentle squire.
>>
File: 1447909492220.jpg (138 KB, 402x602) Image search: [Google]
1447909492220.jpg
138 KB, 402x602
>>332778578
>xir
It's been a trillion years since the whole "xe" business started and you retards still can't get it right.
"Xir" is not "sir", you fedora-tipping redditards, it's "his/her/its/their".
>>
JUST
>>
File: gasp.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
gasp.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>332779464
Good detective work, Sergeant. You blew this case wide open with your powers of observation.
>>
>>332777637
>while arbitrarily diverse casts might make the story worse, they make world better

What a load of bullshit. How about you don't force arbitrary shit into your story. If you want to tell a story about sexuality do so, and make it good, and then make the world better, but shit art with an agenda doesn't help anyone.
>>
File: 1347175882839.jpg (161 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1347175882839.jpg
161 KB, 1440x810
>mfw I'm not Anthony Burch
>>
File: 89.jpg (18 KB, 166x171) Image search: [Google]
89.jpg
18 KB, 166x171
>>332779913
>>332779464
>>
>tfw I might actually be Anthony Burch
>>
>>332777637
How many times have you made this exact fucking thread? What response are you looking for?
>>
I hate Burch.
>>
I just don't want to see faggots in games or TV or anything else, but they're everywhere. Somehow 4% of hormone disordered people have infected the entire culture with their degeneracy and everyone else is just expected to smile about it and "embrace the diversity". It's a shit show.
>>
>>332778771
>tipping your fedora to low-test c*ckolds
Shaking my head in thine general direction
>>
Do we know if Burch is in the namefield for these random names?

I've seen Wu.
>>
>>332782480
yes
>>
WHATS MAH NAME
>>
>>332781262

Sorry old Bean
>>
>>332777984
Nick Bate.
>>
>>332777984
u
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.