[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> GTAV would have been so much better if we got to play as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Artwork-Lamar-GTAV.jpg (125 KB, 933x1200) Image search: [Google]
Artwork-Lamar-GTAV.jpg
125 KB, 933x1200
> GTAV would have been so much better if we got to play as Lamar instead of bland ass boring Franklin

Why was Frank even a character in the game?
>>
>>332777604
>Drop Michael
>Drop Trevor
>Drop Franklin
>Add Lamar

Man, that game would've been great.

Kidnappin' ballas, gettin' in on grove street gang business, getting set up, could've easily been a character that got sent to jail that the other 3 "protaganists" could've NPC'd his ass out of in an epic mission.

There should be a you breaking out of jail mission, instead of a you breaking other niggas out of jail mission.

Take away all your resources, give you a save point at your cell, you can make one phone call a day while you're in prison, and you have to set everything up yourself while having missions to do inside the jail, I.E. defend yourself against rival gangs, or team up with other grove street gang members to take over the jail, yadda yadda, I don'tk now, just ideas.
>>
>>332777604

Because franklin is a character that isn't just a typical street thug like they made lamar out to be. Franklin at least had a diffrent dimension to him.
>>
>>332778258
Lamar seemed too dumb to be a shot caller.
>>
>>332778258
>>Drop Michael
>>Drop Trevor
Nah, they were good additions.

Franklin was just a basic bitch with no character other than being a whiny nigga.
>>
>>332777604
But that could be considered fun. We at Rockstar find that problematic.
>>
You ain't gotta like it OP 'cause the hood gone love it.
>>
Lamar was a good ancillary character but would've made a shit protagonist. It's much better that we didn't get to play as him, trust me.
>>
>>332778258
>Drop Michael
>Drop Trevor

fuck off faggot
>>
>>332778508
>Franklin at least had a diffrent dimension to him
Yeah but not a third dimension. He was flat as fuck.
>>
If we played as Lamar you'd be complaining about having to play the whole game as a genuinely stupid and obnoxious mother fucker.

Guy was funny but not protagonist material
>>
V would've been better if it had IV's depth
>>
>>332778926
Nah, it's well balanced between the three protags, maybe Trevor and Mike should have got some more time, but Franklin just felt like a chore because he has nothing that makes him memorable.
>>
>>332777604
They had to add a nigger for sake of diversity

I would love to see a Mexican protagonist in GTA. Like Catalina.
>>
>>332779716
Could Catalina be the series first female protagonist?
>>
>>332777604
Lamar was stupid but likeable
Franklin was less stupid and likeable
>>
File: 1459513245522.jpg (81 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1459513245522.jpg
81 KB, 500x350
>>332780669
>and likeable
>>
Franklin was the blank slate meant to appeal widely to the player base. He's easiest to self-insert by having few defining personality traits other then being lower middle class from the suburbs (i.e. a majority of video game players).

Trevor is there for the "that kid" player who just goes around killing civilians, usually with cheat codes, Michael is for the player who likes the money making, suit wearing parts of crime games, and Franklin is the insert for the player to feel the rags-to-riches story.
>>
Lamar was shit, they should have just made it about Trevor and Michael. Franklin was obviously just a token addition to be diverse.
>>
>>332780669
>lamar or Franklin
>likable

No, they had one funny moment together at the start of them game but they were fucking boring and shitty characters.
>>
>>332782672
You need to see Lamar in the Lowrider missions.
>>
Self Insert
>>
>>332782797
I have, I saw nothing special about his character other than being a typical gang-banging nignog. What's your point here?
>>
>>332778508
>I'm not just a regular street thug!
>I'm a street thug with an expensive house!
>>
Remember how we thought we'd get an Episode From Los Santos dlc? And how it'd be like San Andreas? Ha ha ha
>>
>>332783165
I remember thinking we'd get at least one single player content patch.
>>
>>332783263
At least we haven't had to pay for any DLC
>>
File: maxresdefault2333.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2333.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>332777604
Lamar?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.