[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth now getting Das2 Sotf just for the online? I watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
Is it worth now getting Das2 Sotf just for the online?

I watched some streams and the online looked pretty lively with people everywhere. It seemed like you could have pvp/coop whenever you wanted.

On the other hand I've also heard people talking about how dead the online is in Das1 or 2 now.

What to do?
>>
>>332773078
Online is dead. SotFS is worse than vanilla. Dark Souls 3 comes out in 11 days. Seriously there is no reason to buy this garbage.
>>
>>332773237
>SotFS is worse than vanilla
wrong
>>
Are you fucking serious with your timing?

If you want active online in Dark Souls, just wait for 3.
>>
>>332773237
It's not worse, it's just slightly less shit.
>>
Online is still pretty active in SotFS, you can do everything from coop/invasions/duels easily.
>>
>>332773078
The only reason to buy ds2 was the multiplayer ,now with the launch of ds3 i hope this lazy crap will get finally forgoten in its dusty coffin
>>
>>332773308
Nah hes correct, simply because of the new enemy statue placements
>>
>>332773551
where do i get loads of cracked red eye orbs without using a filthy trainer
>>
>>332773308
>>332773516
Have you even seen how cancer Iron Keep is in Softs? It just adds more enemies, gives them more aggro range, breaks lore through enemy swapping in different areas and what not, just to make the player's experience more annoying.
>>
since Dark Souls got announced as BC I started playing it, there ain't shit for summoning.

but SOTFS on Xbone is still live as fuck.
>>
>>332773323
>>332773237
>>332773583
I don't have a pc/console that can run das3 right now though sotf runs smoothly.

only played the game offline yet. Das1 felt amazing even alone but this game feels like it is more designed for online play.
>>
>>332774260
Specs?
>>
>>332773864

just did ng+ iron keep and i can safely say it is definitely artificial difficulty.
>>
Only thing enjoyable about Dark Souls 2 is respeccing and new PvE alternatives.

Its a piece of shit in every way possible though
>>
>>332773864
Feering hardcore yet? This is what you wanted when you comprained, yes?
>>
>>332773237
>online is dead

It's the busiest it's been since release. Everyone and their mother is playing it in anticipation for 3.
>>
>>332774346
it just won't work, I'm suprised even sotf runs decently
>>
what is happening?
>>
why are there names now and the layout looks different?
>>
>>332775409
Welcome to the new 4chan, friendo. :^)

-----------------
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Johnny Depp
>>
>>332775409
It's April 1st senpai
>>
>>332775409

april fools XD
>>
>>332773078
>getting a Dark Souls game for the online playing
What the fuck are you doing, Ramona ?
>>
The only area in SotFS that is arguably worse than Vanilla is Crypts.

Enemy swaps and other changes are perfectly fine. There's a billion fragrant branches everywhere if you explore and use them on necessary route statues instead of spending them everywhere. Some can be ignored altogether.

World is still shit, and SM is still in, so it's only a small improvement over vanilla.
>>
>>332775409
The web site was bought by Google
>>
>>332773237

>Online is dead.

Funny. I was just invading people earlier today on my Samurai character in several areas, and got wrekt left and right.
>>
>>332775765
>>332775409
Oh, and the random names are just a placeholder. You'll need to integrate your Google+ account to 4chan in a few days :^)
>>
I'm at 5mil SM right now and still finding invades / summons everywhere, so I'd say it's pretty lively right now.
>>
>>332773864

Iron Keep is worse but every other area is better.

With that said, the differences are negligible. If you don't like Dark Souls 2, SotFS won't change your opinion.
>>
>>332775851

Katana's are useless due to their short range unless the person you invade is really bad.

You'd have to use the washing pole or bewitched blade, but then you're at the mercy of long windups and large openings for the enemy to wrek you in seconds.
>>
>talking with friend about sotfs
>He says if you drop your summon sign in a random location, hidden away in corners or whatnot you'll always be summoned by someone
>tell him he's full of shit
>Try it out, dropping my sign in corners or under barrels, etc
>get summoned faster than ever before

Who knew
>>
I casually started playing dark souls two to check out the new DLC, have to say that there actually seems to be more people online then compared to a few months ago.
>>
>>332776003

>Iron Keep
>Worse

What? If anything IK is actually easier. I don't think you've played Vanilla dude. As soon as you entered the area with the bridge and furnace, you had
>2 to 3 archers that could scope you immediately
>2 to 3 melee that would rush you if not approached carefully
>had to constantly los with pillars to avoid taking greatbow arrows to the face

I breezed through IK in SotFS.
>>
>>332773078
+(You) this post

heh

dark souls has dead online because of the horrible way it connects people, if you look at the steam stats page it usually has more players than 2
>>
>>332776320

Probably because everyone drops their signs neer bonfires or boss gates, so people are more indecisive about who to choose.

Drop your shit randomly and there's maybe slightly more incentive to summon someone who goes out of their way to hide their sign.
>>
Got it on ps3 for 3$
best magic
great movesets
downgrade aside a great purchase
>>
>>332776654
My theory is that the curious nature of humans entices them to go after it if they see it in the distance, even if it's not the way they were necessarily going.
>>
>>332775731
can someone tell me what the hell is the problem with soul memory?

I'm a huge noob but being matched based on the spent souls instead of purely on your level seems more fair to me.
>>
Just wait for DaS3.

Online is pretty alive on SotfS PS4 and I had waiting times of 1-2 minutes everywhere at max, but still. Just wait. It'll die as soon as 3 releases.
>>
>>332776890

There's no way to truly stop your SM from continuously rising unless you waste a ring slot on the soul absorb ring, which stops your SM from rising by recieving 0 souls from kills.

Before it was based on your level, you were placed in brackets according to your level, and could summon other people within that level bracket, which never moved unless you leveled up.

SM never stops moving, and once you reach a certain level, you eventually stop finding players to invade or summon.

It's not a particularly well-thought out feature.
>>
>>332776654
How I play to the game as I drop the summin sign anytime I get back to my world. I find I tend to get someone's faster doing this. I Ursula get ten summons going through Iron keep alone. Basically I play this game just to be in the sun bro's, but that might just be my love of the sun sword talking.
>>
>those fucking retards who put their summon sign RIGHT outside the boss fog of smelter demon in iron keep

if i was able to get past that artificial difficulty area im sure i could beat he smelter demon alone
>>
>>332777470
As a veteran sunbro i put my signs in places where I can guarantee I'm not getting a shit host. The fog in front of smelter is a good example of that.
>>
>>332777470

--==GITGUD==--
>>
>>332777590
Kill every alonne knight. Host fucks up the small ledge jump near the smelter door. Drop sign near bonfire, get stuck in a shitty fight club. Nah that area sucks to be summoned but it's has like the lowest wait time to be summoned for all am ranges.
>>
>>332778001
Nah man that's the bonfire before the Ivory king fight. People farm that shit like crazy. Takes like 30 seconds to a minute to get a summon.
>>
>>332773078
>Is it worth now getting Das2 Sotf just for the online?
If you've already played the base game and DLC areas, then absolutely not. SotFS isn't that huge of a improvement over regular DaS2 if you've already played through the DLC and I personally don't think the online aspect warrants a new purchase. Just wait for DaS3. It's like only two weeks before release.

The online is very much alive though. It's relatively easy to get summoned for co-op. Reds find invasions on their first try, Blues have to often change areas and spam the crystal a few times due to lack of sinners (especially in early game) and Bellfags get summoned every few minutes. Dragon furries and Red duelers have an easy time finding opponents in the Iron Keep bridge area. Like always the Bluefag ring works only very rarely since not many people stay in the pussyass covenant.
>>
>>332775993
sotfs or vanilla?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.