[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This whole Overwatch thing is honestly one of the most funny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: Tracer.jpg (33 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Tracer.jpg
33 KB, 600x338
This whole Overwatch thing is honestly one of the most funny things to happen with gaming journalism in a while. Literally all that happened was that Blizz decided that a certain pose didn't fit in with a character's personality. Of course reddit picks it up as just another way them "Es-Jay-Dubbleyou's" control them, and so of course sites like the Huffshiftpost decides to do the opposite.
>>
Who cares
its a shitty game
>>
But that's literally not what happened.
It was a "sorry for making you feel excluded, we'll try to do better".
Of course the fact that they had another animation made already means that the whole thing was a publicity stunt but acting retarded is still retarded.
>>
How is that not her personality? Are her tights not her chosen due to her personality?
>>
>>332764996
they responded to one person's disgust with the pose and removed it. It had nothing to do with "fitting the character" it was put in to be sexually appealing, then removed to be safe, it's just about blizzard sucking anyone's dick to get a dime
>>
>>332764996
>Literally all that happened was that Blizz decided that a certain pose didn't fit in with a character's personality

This is literally bullshit. It suits her perfectly and it's no more offensive to some chick standing around in yoga pants
>>
>>332765075
It's not even out you autistic fuck
>>
I don't get what they mean by it doesn't fit her.
Every other character has the same exact pose but for some reason hers is the problem?
>>
>>332766174
Press release was months ago faggot.
>>
>>332764996

At least 4 other characters, male and female, have the pose and out of all of them it fits Tracer the best. What happened is either:

>Blizzard doing it all on purpose as a publicity stunt
or
>Kaplan by himself made a really stupid comment and forced the rest of the team to back him up
>>
>>332766113

It's their character so they get to decide what fits the personality or not. it was originally used on the character to save resources (the pose is used across several characters).
>>
Who really has the time to invest in another shooter? It'll be a slight variant of the hundreds of decent ones we've already played. Shooters are a pleb genre. It's what middle and high schoolers play when they haven't been exposed to the superior genres of gaming.
>>
>>332766365

If anything it makes sense, shes faster than you and always ahead
>>
Is there a real difference between /v/ and reddit ?
>>
>>332766646

It's not her running, though. She's just standing there.
>>
>>332766757

Thats why its a pose.
>>
>>332764996
Yeah fuck reddit. I'm glad that I'm here and can talk about social justice with you guys.
>>
>>332767079

What does that have to do with her being faster, then?
>>
>>332767276

cause you are 'behind' her, its a pose that can represent that, she doesnt needs to be moving, thats what gameplay's for.
>>
What the fuck is going on today
>>
test
>>
File: 1459193249952.png (688 KB, 799x981) Image search: [Google]
1459193249952.png
688 KB, 799x981
>>332765182
If Kaplan said that in the first response then sure, but he never did.

Pic related.

It was only after 13 hours to be exact he responded with

>lol this blew up
>we already agree that the pose doesn't fit her
>We already had a pose ready anyway
>>
File: Omega.gif (2 MB, 200x163) Image search: [Google]
Omega.gif
2 MB, 200x163
If there is anything gamers get really butthurt about its usually something thats not worth even knowing about honestly.
>>
Today I am a grill
>>
File: 1459433248317.png (72 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459433248317.png
72 KB, 768x1024
>>332764996
I urge you to consider suicide
>>
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/708/952/914/activision-blizzard-please-remove-guns-from-your-game-%22overwatch.%22/

Over 10 thousand signatures boys
>>
>>332766757

Because she's waiting for you to carch up
>>
>>332767596
>over 10k reddit siggies silly bois
>>
File: 555-come-on-now.jpg (52 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
555-come-on-now.jpg
52 KB, 600x337
>>332764996
>Blizz decided that a certain pose didn't fit in with a character's personality
>>
>>332767364

So if she doesn't need to be moving, or in fact not even have any body language saying she's just stopped abruptly or she's about to run off (It's a pretty stiff pose, truth be told), why is it a good pose for how fast she is?
>>
>>332767870

How fucking dense can you be, it even is a fucking trope of fast characters.

Stops, looks behind him *too slow kid*

Or some shit like that. Please stop posting
>>
Testing something
>>
>looking behind somebody doesn't fit with their character
Unless the character has a spinal injury this doesn't make any sense and never did.
>>
>>332768038

>is a fucking trope of fast characters.

No it isn't. Plenty of 'slow' characters strike a pose of looking back over their shoulders. Even in this game they do.

There's nothing in the pose that speaks to a character being fast.
>>
>>332768695
>>332767515
These are both me, so I guess name is randomly generated each post
>>
File: boner.gif (2 MB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
boner.gif
2 MB, 400x304
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkhPPCsUCA&feature=youtu.be&t=2m25s

>replacement pose is better
>she actually sticks her ass out more
>>
>>332764996
>blizz decided
are you fucking kidd-- *april's fool* oh..
>>
>>332766492
>post was used to save resources
You're literally retarded. The animation file for a pose is about the size of your dick -- so small that it's usually below the minimum size a filesystem can even recognize. You could stuff about 2 million poses in the sound file where the character says something stupid like "If we're gonna beat these guys, I gotta go fast!"
>>
File: 1450646791125.jpg (45 KB, 652x362) Image search: [Google]
1450646791125.jpg
45 KB, 652x362
>>332764996

People are willfully ignoring the fact that they said the pose or other sexy poses would be fine on certain other characters. This whole thing is people wanting to be pissed off at something
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.