[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't there any rotoscoped videogames?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: asd end.jpg (72 KB, 528x297) Image search: [Google]
asd end.jpg
72 KB, 528x297
Why aren't there any rotoscoped videogames?
>>
File: flashback.gif (112 KB, 480x256) Image search: [Google]
flashback.gif
112 KB, 480x256
>>332762739
>what is OG Prince of Persia
>what is Flashback
>>
File: A_Scanner_Darkly_3.jpg (495 KB, 1280x750) Image search: [Google]
A_Scanner_Darkly_3.jpg
495 KB, 1280x750
>>332762886
That's not rotoscoped m80
>>
File: flashback - amazing 24fps.jpg (715 KB, 1022x1600) Image search: [Google]
flashback - amazing 24fps.jpg
715 KB, 1022x1600
>>332762990
>"Originally advertised as a "CD-ROM game on a cartridge", the game features fully hand-drawn backdrops and all animation is rotoscoped, giving movements an unusual fluidity, similar to that of the earlier Prince of Persia."
tl;dr: It is.
>>
Another thread where people talk about something they don't actually know wow!

I'm sure OP thinks rotoscoping is just the aesthetic look of Scanner and doesn't realize what it actually is
>>
File: Innocence_Okiura_5.webm (2 MB, 834x450) Image search: [Google]
Innocence_Okiura_5.webm
2 MB, 834x450
Posting actual Rotoscoping, where you trace over shit instead of animating by hand.

>>332762886
This guy knows what he's talking about.
>>
Banner Saga
The Last Express
>>
File: bored.jpg (9 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
bored.jpg
9 KB, 300x240
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_with_rotoscoped_graphics

you don't know shit OP
>>
>>332762739
there is

also, I brought this up on /tv/ once
>sent reeves undercover to confirm if new-path is behind substance D
>literally fields of the blue flowers out in the open
Why didn't they just DEA swarm the place and arrest them all? I don't believe they ever said the place Reeves was sent to was "hidden", so why would they need him?

If substance D was that harmful to society, I'm sure they would have authority to go above the law and make an illegal arrest, if they wanted.
>>
>>332762739
Out of this world / Another world dumbass
>>
>>332765743
Same reason the DEA doesn't just seal the border .
>>
>>332766053
>Christian Hunter
Fucking Muslims REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>332765208
Take your bait back to /a/.
>>
>>332765208
Why is Eastern animation so gay?
>>
File: flcl9386.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
flcl9386.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>332766641
>>332766407

This right here isn't rotoscoped, but used its low frame rate well with good timing
>>
File: disney_animation.webm (554 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
disney_animation.webm
554 KB, 480x360
And this is what happens when Disney gives a lot of budget to. Avery good animator.

Even if you took out half the frames from this it would still convey momentum and weight very well.

>>332766407
Scanner was just a Photoshop filter
>>
>>332765743
They're not out in the open? It's been a while since I've watched the movie, but even in OP's pic you can see stalks of corn or something similar growing to disguise real crop.

Also my favorite Philip K. Dick adaptation. And there's a lot of good ones.
>>
>>332762739
First of all, because nobody animates on cells any more.
Second of all, because filters do the same work in a tiny fraction of the time.
And lastly, it's a process that absolutely cannot be done in a 3D environment.
>>
>>332767997
How do you feel about Bladerunner?

I wish there was a game like that. Psychological shit always getting flung around while hunting down runaway androids.
>>
>>332769635
That it's the obvious go to for Dick adaptations. It certainly looks amazing, still. So it definitely blows Scanner out of the water in that regard. I think thematically though I just like Scanner better. Androids struggling with mortality is a fun, imaginative, high minded sci-fi idea. But substance abuse and human misery is a lot more grounded, and definitely hits home. I think it was the dedication at the end of the movie that really did it for me.

Also this discussion has reminded me that there are no good detective games out there.
>>
>>332768716
>it's a process that absolutely cannot be done in a 3D environment.
isnt that essentially what mo-cap is?
>>
>rotoscoping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJz2WB3dF10
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.