[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divinity is on sale, is it worth a buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: photo-original.jpg (423 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
423 KB, 1536x1152
Divinity is on sale, is it worth a buy?
>>
File: CiDDTPy.jpg (39 KB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
CiDDTPy.jpg
39 KB, 595x335
>>332760691

Yes
>>
>>332760794
>fun loot system
So many games get this wrong. Is it completely randomized, or there are unique items?
>>
It's pretty fun, especially if you convince a friend to get it with you
>>
No. I say that after 59 hours with this game. They say to play Divinity is to fall in love with RPG again, I'd say playing divinity is like getting 100 pieces of RPG's that you want and a whole bunch of unnecessary bullshot, overdramatic voice acting and a completely nonsensical plotline.
>>
I spent 20 hours in the starting city and gave up on it because it's just so slow. Play Divine Divinity instead.
>>
File: 1.jpg (22 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
22 KB, 210x330
Shit story, shit quests, shit lore, shit writing, shit visuals, shit atmosphere, shit companions, shit quests, shit lol so so random humor, shit unfitting music, shit animations, shit anatomy

good combat, good co-op dudebro party game
>>
>>332760691

nope

unless you enjoy pointless dialog options, slow and uneventful combat, and boring character building/loot, of course.
>>
>>332765089
>slanders writing of a game
>posts the only good character in another shitty game
>>
>>332760691
I had a lot of fun with it.

That being said, the world feels kinda small and the story is pretty meh/generic. Overall, it's a pretty solid game though.
>>
>>332760691
It's a lot better than PoE.
>>
File: Hey.jpg (21 KB, 218x338) Image search: [Google]
Hey.jpg
21 KB, 218x338
>>332765089
You said shit quests twice. Your trying too hard to shit on the game.
>>
>>332767713

Pillars isnt good?

care to elaborate, im not familiar with either games. I just had PoE higher on my list.
>>
>>332767713
Many things are.
>>
>>332768589
Not him, but Pillars is a very pretty looking game with little backing it up.

>plot is boring and bland, which is made all the more apparent by people constantly telling you about some cool shit that happened 10 years ago (man with a head literally made of fire claiming to be a reincarnated god sweeping across the land and either gathering support or slaughtering villages, then getting a magical A-bomb dropped on him)
>world feels very empty (the heart of the main city only has 3 buildings you can enter, for example), few NPCs populating the world (half of them are backer-created characters with fan-written back stories)
>combat and stats are a mess
>devs keep making changes to the game and "rebalancing it" despite the fact that it came out over a year ago and it's a single-player game
>plot runs out of steam at the end of Act 2 and dumps you in a smaller, even more boring city with less to do

It's not terrible, but there's enough wrong with it that excludes it from being a great game.
>>
>>332769563

Damn.

Should i just start with Divine Divinity and Baldurs gate? what about planescape torment?
>>
>>332770201
Start what, playing RPGs? They're all good choices and I'd argue that all of them are better than PoE.

Baldur's Gate is a little dated now though, plus I think it's a bit overrated (it piggybacks on the success of Baldur's Gate 2, which is a much better game in pretty much every way).
>>
>>332770576
It got new dlc yesterday is why i brought Baldurs gate up. i guess it connects now with bg2.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228280/
>>
>>332770576
I dunno, I always liked the first Baldur's gate better. It has great sense of progression, superior exploration and more memorable characters, even though they didn't get much story time and dialogue.
>>
>>332760691
Hell yeah man, but be wary.
There's a chance you'll roll your first characters and when you'll learn about combat, tactics and enviromental possibilities, you'll restart the game from scratch.
This is what I did and I'm having fun as I haven't had for years.

This is also kind of game where you kind of need to follow some walkthroughs as this game is not linear - this advice is mainle for not stumbling upon enemies 2-5+ levels higher than yours.
>>
File: 1373442375095.jpg (152 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1373442375095.jpg
152 KB, 1024x768
Divine Divinity is much better
>>
>>332770201
If you play Torment, roll 18 cha and 18 int and skip combat whenever the option is available. This will make the game way more enjoyable.
>>
>>332771035
Why did you post WoW?
>>
>>332771205
>Skipping combat with Morte and Dak'kon in party
>>
Definitely.
>>
>>332760691
i'd wait for more DLC.
>>
>>332771419
>wasting time on that shite of a combat
>>
Ok I bought it.

Are there recruitable NPCs with dialogue or do I have to hire them all from space world?
>>
>>332771518
>not taking every exp you can get so you reaise your TNO to 127 lvl
>>
>>332771630
There are four companions, you'll find them in Cyseal.
>>
>>332771724
But what the point? Leveling only gives more advantage in combat you can skip anyway.
>>
>>332770201
All three of those games are great. I would go with Baldur's Gate first then Planescape: Torment. They're on the same engine but are very different. Torment is very dialogue heavy.
>>
>>332772771
>>332770576

Thanks all for the recommendations!
>>
>>332761689
Sounds great, maybe you've just lost your passion for video games?
>>
>>332771789
RED AND ORANGE, YELLOW AND GREEN
THE FINEST this is what I forgot THAT CYSEALS EVER SEEN

repeat 800 times over the course of the game.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.