[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DANK SOULS 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: QWXLTej.jpg (307 KB, 640x599) Image search: [Google]
QWXLTej.jpg
307 KB, 640x599
Sup facebook

I'm about to start Dark Souls 2. It's my first souls game and I have no idea what to expect.

Any tips and advice is welcome. I'll be playing on PC with keyboard and mouse, so tips about mods are especially welcome.
>>
File: 1459211016507.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1459211016507.gif
2 MB, 250x188
bump
>>
>>332757320
>2
>It's my first souls game
Why the fuck do you niggers do it? Why don't you start with the first game?
>keyboard and mouse
Just don't. Get a controller.
>>
>>332757320
Hello Tina git gud :)
>>
>>332757849
Ehh, I just heard it's improved version of original.

I know K&B is an inferior way to play this, but is it doable? I don't have controller.
>>
>>332758503
You heard wrong. I wouldn't say that DS2 is shit, like some anons do, but I personally got disappointed in it. Although it's not a bad game on its own, but it didn't live up to the legacy of its predecessor.
Anyway, regardless of how much you like or hate 2, it's a completely separate game from 1. Calling it a "version" of DS1 couldn't be any more wrong.
Scholar of the First Sin is a version of Dark Souls 2, although I personally don't think the changes they've made are an improvement over vanilla DS2+DLCs.
>>
>>332757320
Vit/Vigor/End are never wasted statpoints, people swear by Adp because it gives you more i-frames in your roll, but you can play without it. Pyromancy sucks in this game, don't bother with it. Being summoned and completing your task will make you human, you'll want the Ring of Binding which is in Heide's Tower of Flame in a chest before the boss fog, and the Chloranthy Ring which is in the foggy parts of the Shaded Woods. Make sure to save one Fragrant Branch of yore for the girl blocking the switch near Majula, and one for the hollow blocking the door in Lost Bastille.

And both of these >>332757849
>>
>>332758819
Honestly I think it is an improvement over DaS, but most disagree. Either way, play both and form your own opinion.
>>
>>332758890
All End in DS2 does is give like 2 stamina per point.
>>
>>332758890
Thank you

Keep them coming
>>
>>332758890
This.
Also
>First playthrough
Upgrades to weapons (primarily) and armour are ludicrously important.

Higher tier upgrades are harder to farm/very limited in number per playthrough so pick wisely past +6.

Unless you're saving for something specific, spend your souls asap due to frequency and unpredictability of dying. It can happen anywhere, anytime and for nearly any reason.

If you get stuck on where to go, buy the cat ring from the cat in the house in Majula and take a leap of faith. Estus is cheaper than ladders. The cat ring is also just generally useful
>>
this isn't facebook you fuck it's google's material design, +OP
>>
>>332759529
Cheers mate

Is there any glaring mistakes I need to avoid when making the character and starting the game?
>>
>>332757320
Here's a tip, start with Dark Souls 1, it's superior in every way
>>
>>332759307
Yes, but it's the only stat that does.

>>332759529
Honestly I never bother with armor except to facetank 4kings and Nito in DaS, everything else is just purely on taste. But yes, upgrading weapons is fucking paramount.
>>
>>332758503
>Ehh
Fuck off shithead, it's shit and clunky gameplay-wise in comparion
>>
Op refund that shit and buy the first. Second is a functional game but its lacking the most essential part of the first one: a fully fleshed out and connected world that makes sense how you get from one side to the other. Its more important than it sounds
>>
>>332759921
Only upgrade stats like Dex, Str, Int, Fai, and Att when you need to to use a certain item/spell.
Upgrade materials are scarce in the beginning, so try to focus on one serviceable weapon instead of getting everything up to like +3 or something.
>>
Remember it IS possible to re-spec your levels later in the game, so I wouldn't worry too much about what you out your points in at first. You can have a terrible build and still best the game.

Find a weapon you like and upgrade it, it's ridiculously helpful.

Mobs won't respawn infinitely, killing them about 12 times will make them permanently disappear, unless you use a bonfire ascetic. Bonfire ascetics will put that bonfires' area up one level and respawn mobs and even bosses, and you'll get more souls as well. So if you're playing your first playthrough, using one raises the difficulty or that area to New Game + level difficulty. Bonfire Ascetic effects CANNOT be reversed! Use them with care if at all on your first playthrough.

Bow and arrow or a crossbow is always good in case you need to cheese a mob.

Other than that, have fun man!
>>
>>332760305
>>332760160
>>332760080
Stop memeing, let him come to his own conclusions.
>>
>it's my first souls game

I know this is bait, but the first game is available on every platform that vanilla DSII is on. Do yourself a favor and play Dark Souls first.
>>
>>332760576

That's not a meme its cold hard fact, DSII has a garbage over world compared to DeS or DaS. Lava castle up an elevator from nowhere, putrid pool area that takes up 10sq ft, the shit linear path up to Jab a the Hut. Hell even Drangleic castle is just a massive square pit. Whereas you'd have something like the area with the hydra in dark souls. Accessible via a long mountain pass down the cliff face, the tower with Havel and from the Dark moon Forest via a rope walkway. That kind of free flowing exploration doesn't exist on Dark Souls II and is absolutely essential to the series
>>
>>332760087
I'm pretty sure you get some free stamina with every level up. At least until you hit some really high levels. I never put a single point into it, and went through NG+ just fine on my last character.
>>
>>332761216
If it is as self-evident as you believe, then you don't need to explain it. Let him form his own opinions.
>>
>>332757320
Fire longsword is OP as fuck. It can hold you over until at least Iron Keep. It has low stat requirements and you get it very early on.
>>
why would you play dark souls 2 instead of dark souls 1?
dark souls 1 is far better
>>
>>332761556
>>332761216
I just remember I've read somewhere that DS2 is more streamlined, whatever that means. Normally I hate that word since it's usually red flag in gaming but I figured it could ease me into the series and then if I decide I like it, I'll go back and play the original too.

Okay so I installed DS2fix and clean UI mod as well as some texture replacement that should replace console buttons with PC ones. Guess I'm covered.
>>
Have you considered
GITTING GUUD:DDDDD?
>>
>>332757320
Str and dex build for best experience
>>
DS2 only improved PVP really. DS1 had better PvE.
>>
>>332762024
Just play them both. You should play the first one first, because it comes first, but if you've already bought the second oh well.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.