[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>struggling with game >complete a section >watch Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: ratchet-and-clank-2.jpg (41 KB, 315x450) Image search: [Google]
ratchet-and-clank-2.jpg
41 KB, 315x450
>struggling with game
>complete a section
>watch Let's Play to see what I did wrong
>Let's Player is struggling with the same section
>Comments are shitting on them

Welp. The issue is that the game becomes really fucking hard if you don't get the rocket launcher at one point, but the game doesn't tell you that, it encourages you to buy the bouncer/armor at great cost instead, and you probably don't have enough bolts to buy everything unless you've been deliberately farming enough.

(Also, the game is fine, but I honestly preferred 1 and I'm not sure why people like 2 so much more)
>>
>Going Commando
>Hard game

kek
>>
Is this bait? GC is way easier than 1 by comparison if you can actually strafe
>>
>>332758126
There's a bit on a bridge that took me at least half-a-dozen attempts. Supposedly it's much easier with the rocket launcher.

The boss is easy, just grindy as all fuck.
>>
>>332756750
>he fell for the bouncer is good meme

Seriously, why would you want to get that fucking volleybal launcher.
>>
Well, go back and grind for more bolts and buy the rocket launcher.
>>
>>332758291
I found 1, aside from the final level, way easier than 2 so far. The second game has harder points as it throws way more enemies at you.

>>332758357
Because I've never played the game before and assumed the weapons were in a sensible order like in the first game?
>>
>>332758432
Nah, I completed the section and then got enough to buy it for the next bit. Thing is, it's really non-obvious - if I hadn't looked up, I probably would have saved up for armor instead.

(I also wonder if a lot of people who say 2 is really easy imported weapons from 1, which almost certainly makes the game as easy as fuck)
>>
>>332756750
Tbh the Things 4 Lyfe planet is bs
>>
>>332758664
Yep, that was the one.
>>
>>332758357
Bouncer is freaking amazing gtfo
>>
>>332758620
But the only good 1 weapons in 2 are the decoy glove and..... that's it.
>>
File: 1458611590697.png (31 KB, 322x321) Image search: [Google]
1458611590697.png
31 KB, 322x321
>yfw meteor gun
>>
>>332758881
Oh yes, a close ranged volleybal launcher who can't be fired more than once every 10 seconds due to hardware restrictions and whose tiny explosive balls rip my ears open really is better than the Plasma Storm, the Megarocket canon or the Vaporizer, all guns with better range and that do the job better.

Its a shit weapon that sounds awful, for screen wipes, ill just get the Zodiac or just hold the rigger with the R.Y.N.O. II
>>
>>332759318
>comparing any weapon in GC to the RYNO 2
>>
>>332759318
Yeah, because you'll totally have RYNO 2 or the Zodiac in your first run
>>
I think there's been some weird rewriting of history involving how difficult R&C are. The PS2 games are not super-easy like some people suggest.
>>
>>332756750
>getting stuck on an R&C game
>watching some shitty Let's Play over the Developer Commentary
>>
>>332759675
The plasma storm and a megaturret glove can already carry you through the entire game, and I actually did get the R.Y.N.O. II in my first run of the game. Sorry you can't be assed, but its damn easy compared to 1, bolts are fucking everywhere in this game mate, I only ran out of money for ammo once, after buying the damn thing.

Il grant you the Zodiac, I think you need to beat the game first it even get it, but still.
>>
>>332759878
I wasn't stuck, I completed the section but struggled and wondered if I was missing something.

Where's the dev commentary?
>>
>>332760723
It's on YouTube, they've done 2, 3 and half of 1.
>>
>>332756750
>single player game
>hard

Lurk for 2 years before posting.
>>
>>332756750
>struggling with game
>see relatively easy way to cheese my way through
>refuse to believe this is the proper way to proceed
>watch some LPs
>everybody either relies on the cheesy strategy or blunders through on the easiest difficulty
>nobody points this out; in fact there are very few comments talking about the difficulty at all, most are just about the LPer's commentary or some inane plot point
>>
>>332759009
Liquid nitrogen gun is better in every single way
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.