[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the original Mafia worth playing for the game play. Or should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 510309203.jpg (135 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
510309203.jpg
135 KB, 1024x819
Is the original Mafia worth playing for the game play.
Or should i just watch the movie version of it on YouTube and skip to 2.
>>
>>332752624
It's pretty damn good, but I personally prefer 2, but that's mostly because of the time period(s)
>>
It has some neat TECHNOLOGY stuff going on and it's one of my all-time favorites personally. Not /that/ long either so I'd say play it.
>>
>>332752952
Sure, but 2 suffers a lot from the open world being there just as a filler.

You can get so much more out of Mafia 1. Of course, if you mind the graphics/astehtics, then it might not be something for you.
>>
I remember playing it long ago but it had wonky tps segments and funny enemy movements especially when thy try to roll.
>>
>>332753118

>wonky tps segments

I'll fight you

Mafia remains to this day one of the best TPS I've ever played

the reloading mechanics alone are fantastic
>>
>>332753116
To be honest i prefer Open wold maps that are there just to add to the atmosphere and don't have tons of side crap to pad the game.
>>
Yes. And once you're finished you have to go into extreme free ride, that mode is the most amazing thing ever.
>>
>>332753215
>reloading a magazine throws away unused bullets
That shit was intense, you always had to think about reloading, not just press the button after every two bullets spent.
>>
>>332752624
Joann Duffy here, i must say, the first one is far superior and the atmosphere is amazing.

The second one feels quite hollow.
>>
>>332752624
Original mafia is the only mafia worth playing
>>
File: tommygun.webm (3 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
tommygun.webm
3 MB, 800x500
The game is in general much better than the sequel. It's also quite a technological marvel considering it was released only a year after GTA3, there's some very cool technology like soft car physics, car damage model, steering wheel and gear support, realistic magazine reload, etc.
>>
>>332753582

fuck the driving missions though

seriously fuck getting that cunt to the hospital before he dies

and don't even get me started on the racing mission
>>
Play 1, 2 is garbage.
>>
Any recommended mods?
>>
File: realistic police simulation.webm (3 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
realistic police simulation.webm
3 MB, 800x500
>>332754850
There's a mod that increases draw distance. Might try that, but I don't remember how it's called.
>>
>>332754995
I was expecting them to attack the nearest black person.
>>
>>332752624
I played it when it came out and it was pretty good, but I don't know how well it has aged.
>>
>>332754995
lutz XD
>>
>>332752624
Watch 2 for cinematic (R) experience, then play 1 with high res textures mod for the best gameplay experience..
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.