[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planetside 2 best game ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: planetside 2.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
planetside 2.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
How does it feel when you guys realize that you've never experienced a true orgasm from a game?

> be me playing planetside 2
> we capture the base and kill the remaining enemy troops
> we jump off and start moving to the next base
> mfw I'm running through the desert with like 50 other players
> mfw tanks and vehicles pass by and some honk horns for victory and to raise morale
> mfw the enemy tanks show up in the horizon and start shooting at us
> mfw most heavies pull up their tank destroyers and start firing at them
> mfw rockets and bomb shells are everywhere and I can hear bullets from every direction but can't see much because of smoke screens
> mfw I get to the enemy base and it was the best thing I've ever seen
> planes fighting in the sky like it's fucking ww2, tank platoons retreating, men trying to use suppressing fire to keep the enemy locked down while the leader shouts in the mic "get ths f*ing generators!!"

This game is a masterpiece.
>>
it was ok but isn't it dead by now?
>>
I played the game from launch all the way until Higby left.

It's probably some of the best fun I've had in a f2p game.

rip old crown.
>>
I'm downloading thr game again, and I really hope that it's not dead.
>>
>>332749460
I haven't played another multiplayer shooter for any significant amount of time since it launched. They all feel so small and insignificant. Even when fighting huge zergs there are ways to get shit done with 1-2 squads.
>>
Game is incredibly fun since you can pretty much decide what your challenges and goals are. Once you find out how to best utilize each weapon and find every good fight it's the best

t. nogf br100 cs1.6 quake pro with 3000 ivi 30kdr 5kpm
>>
I used to fucking love Planetside, I played the beta for Planetside 2 loads, played it a lot on release

It sucked desu, the TR weapons were fucking weird too, like our whole thing is rapid fire. Yet we had the slowest firing SMG for some reason, did they ever fix the TR or are they still stuck in that weird place of not being as good as the other 2 factions in any way?

Is it still an epic grind to get certs?
>>
>>332749460
Planetside 2 used to be fucking amazing. Hour long battles at the Crown and Quartz ridge were the best part of the game. Then they decided to balance the game to be in favour of the attackers and the game basically became a tug of war
>>
>>332750217
Yea I remember that it take a whole lot of time to get certs, but I don't have problem wirh grinding the game is fun as hell.
>>
So is it dead or not?
>>
>>332749660

It's still kicking. Most of the fun happens during alerts. When that happens there's decent pop.
>>
>>332749460
>try the game 2 years after I played it last time
>only couple new weapons per faction
>only AT sniper brings something new to the table, the rest are reskins of other faction weapons
>no new vehicles
>even more P2W bullshit
>they even added second booster
>even more ugly cancerous cosmetics and bling-bling
>Biolabs still fucked
>still no meta
>even more dead than before server merge years back
SOE had solid gold on their hands and somehow they managed to turn it into lead.
>>
>>332752021
>cancerous cosmetics

Auraxium armor and the challenge weapons or whatever they are called are like eye rape.

it always kinda bothered me that the black art guy would kinda rag on foundry contributers for not sticking with the aesthetic of the game and the faction all the while people are running around in hockey masks with MLG stickers on their shoulders.
>>
>>332752021
>still no meta

That's a bad thing?
>>
>>332752321
Yeah, Auraxium stuff is ugly thanks to broken ass shaders that make the texture extra visible in foggy areas. But nothing was worse than those pure pink Valentine camos.

That, and downgrade that later uncovered PC version as a fucking port from PS4. The reason I stopped playing was actually changes to the art direction, not the stale formula of the game or slow development. Ugly as sin texture replacements were the last straw.
>>
So I think I'm going to download it tonight.

Anything I need to know or is it straight forward bf2 on a big scale?
>>
>>332753125
The game is dying and is way past its prime. Just like developers themselves, really.
>>
>>332753125
Because of the scale a lot of your deaths you are not going to have any control over or even an answer for how you could have survived. Especially early on.

Sometimes you just get fucked, so try not to get frustrated if you get caught by a tank block or a passing gunship.
>>
File: the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-8.jpg (681 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-8.jpg
681 KB, 1920x1080
I my "orgasm" from playing Oblivion as my first Bethesda RPG, everything I did was so authentic because I didn't understand the consequences of my actions and everything I did was because I wanted to do it, not because I knew what would benefit me the most. +Now I save every 10 minutes and before any game changing event so I can always change my choice. No game will ever give me that feeling of truly being myself in a game.
>>
File: Manly tears(20121005-190846)..jpg (40 KB, 447x599) Image search: [Google]
Manly tears(20121005-190846)..jpg
40 KB, 447x599
>>332750585
Those hour long battles were the shit
>tfw me and a few others are defending Peris Amp station against a much larger force
>slowly but surely they gain more and more ground, defending becomes harder and harder
>make them bleed for every inch
>after 90 minutes of fighting they finally manage to get to the capture point which a sizable force
>after we get conquered I see that they lost everything around Peris Amp because they threw everything at us
>mfw we roll them up within 30 minutes because me and a few random dudes held our ground so long
>>
>>332749460
>mfw
>mfw
>mfw
Stop that.
>>
>>332749460
The game turned to shit when the devs started to design the bases to protect infantry from tanks. Instead of making it so we have bigger and better tank+inf battles, they just placed walls all over the place so CoD kiddies can be safe from the big bad tanks.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.