[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fighting games Woah, nice 1-frame link, bro! >speedrunning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: 1459354679626.jpg (34 KB, 488x521) Image search: [Google]
1459354679626.jpg
34 KB, 488x521
>fighting games

Woah, nice 1-frame link, bro!

>speedrunning
>hit 3 literal frame AND pixel perfect tricks a row

Play the game normally noob!
>>
>>332740797
nobody says it's easy to do it's just autistic, you autist.
>>
speedrunning has some rng elements too
>>
>>332740797
ok
>>
>>332740797
>speedrunning
>game is 20 years old and runs at 20 fps so 1 frame is equal to 3 frames in a fighting game
>fighting game
>1 frame link is a BNB and nobody gives a shit
>>
But first
>>
>>332741126
>20 years old
>20fps

you HAVE to be 18, you simply must be

everything was 60 back then except for pal which was 50 but technically 60 due to the televisions
>>
>>332741217
>he hasn't played an N64 game that isn't Fzero
>>
>>332741291
FUCK n64

SNES, NES, SMS, Genesis

don't strawman me again

N64 is like the one exception and you run to it, fucking strawcuck
>>
>>332741348
>being this fucking mad you're retarded
>>
>>332741410
>literally nothing but ad hominems
>how to tell u won
>>
Woah... That face is pretty rare. How much you asking?
>>
>>332741507
Oh dang, i think im about to see a meme unfold
This is my first time trying to participate

Why sir I offer a rare pepe in exchange
>>
File: roll into the cage.webm (3 MB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
roll into the cage.webm
3 MB, 720x540
you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to deny the skill involved in speedrunning.
>>
>>332740797
I thought this meme picture was exclusive to atheism threads.
>>
>>332742894
I guess the point has become what makes 1v1 LESS autistic than speedrunning.

>both involve frame perfect
>speedrunning is more precise though, to the point of needing to pause bugger to land shit on the right frame AND pixel at the same time
>plenty of black people in both
>can speedrun from home, playing fighting games from ur lounge room is random wins

Hard to say but both are AT LEAST on the SPECTRUM. The spectrum is big don't kill yourselves instantly after reading this. There is hope.
>>
>>332743115
buffer*
>>
kik @ceceegee
>>
>normies play fighting games
>literal autists speedrun
When the autist does something autistic that's normal. When a normie has trained to do that autistic thing easily it's impressive.
So this thread is just some autistic guy crying about how no one cares he does autistic shit?
>>
>>332743383
>implying the FGC isn't literally a mountain of autists.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (7 KB, 101x160) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
7 KB, 101x160
>>332742894
>pressing A
>FULL pressing A
>>
>>332743383
Noone cares about what you can do in fighters unless you're a top contender. Stop acting like playing video games is prestigious.
>>
>>332743657

An A press in an A press, you cant press only half.
>>
>exploit a 20 year old childrens game with dinosaur bones game engine
gratz
>>
>>332743659
Woah holy projection Batman!! I never said any of that. I said a normie doing something autistic in a game is more impressive than an autist doing something autistic in a game
>>
Links are essentially all the same, just with different timing.
Once you've learned one you've pretty much learned them all.
You can practice them in literally less than 1 second, inbetween practicing other combos or even during a match against your friend
Even if you drop a lot of links or can't do them at all, you can still be fairly competitive with good footsies and reads
>Play the game normally noob!
They are literally an intended mechanic from the developers, there is nothing abnormal about them

Speedrunning tricks require you to learn and practice incredibly specific shit, and pull it off consistently with no variation
Some of them require a ton (anywhere from 10 seconds to multiple minutes) of setup to even try practicing once
Running through the exact same sequence over by yourself is incredibly autistic
If you're inconsistent or flat out can't do an important glitch in a game, you stand no chance of being competitive
>>
No one says that shit you just said OP, but for the sake of argument, fighting games require those 1-frame links in very specific circumstances that require a huge level of adaptability, while speedruns can be done entirely from memory unless there's RNG involved.
>>
>>332743702
fuck off Henry REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1459005511630.jpg (118 KB, 616x480) Image search: [Google]
1459005511630.jpg
118 KB, 616x480
>>332740797
>being triggered by other people's opinion of the way you enjoy yourself

Do whatever you want, why do you care what anyone says about it?
>>
>>332742894
That was freaking awesome, do you have a link to the complete speedrun?
>>
>>332743383
Ok so haha yeah, this needs to stop right here.

There is no difference, this flowchart shit which 'pros' think is just fireballs into other shit.

It's all just patterns. Try and speedrun a game with a decent time. You are ALL just flowchart, even Daigo.

Acting like you have the instinct to act on a reaction that is less than a millisecond is a joke, you're just gambling. A speedrunner has to just hit it, sometimes hours into a run. And if he misses it, reset time.

A fighter player just makes excuses and goes for the next match making game.
>>
File: 1438169945558.jpg (42 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1438169945558.jpg
42 KB, 562x437
>>332744073
>>
>>332744067
anyone who runs sm64 even with bad times, hits that

speedruns.com
>>
>>332744158
valid point!
>>
>>332743929
>Running through the exact same sequence over by yourself is incredibly autistic
Every good musician is an autist I guess.
>>
>>332744172
that's the IL strat, so no they don't. maybe learn what you're talking about before typing things.
>>
>Play the game normally noob!

People say that because part of every fucking speedrun is to completely glitch out the game and run through walls and fly through skies to skip half of the game.
>>
>>332744318
>every fucking speedrun is to completely glitch out the game and run through walls and fly through skies to skip half of the game.
Imagine being this oblivious.
>>
>>332744231
Any musician who basically only plays one song all day every day is an autist, yes.
>>
>>332744228
I'm not going to argue with someone who is discrediting a type of game that they know nothing about
>>
>>332744349
I'm sorry that you dislike the truth.
>>
>>332744379
you posted a meme

I break my hands playing these games, fuck off
>>
>>332742894
>Decent framerate
>great fucking physics
>Jumping feels amazing

Why the hell did everyone stop making platformers again? Why is everything so shit now goddamn. like i pre-ordered the ps4 version of dark souls and I see frame dips everywhere, why are we not wanting better quality from our games? Goddamnit
>>
>>332744368
>Implying one 5 minute song is the equivilent of a 2 hour speedrun.
>>
File: 1397675279544.png (971 KB, 521x476) Image search: [Google]
1397675279544.png
971 KB, 521x476
>>332744368
>That faggot who kept playing RHC's "Under the Bridge" in the highschool band room was suffering from autism this entire time
>>
>>332744630
Japan makes a lot of B-tier games now which all manage 60 FPS on PS4 since they aren't graphically outrageous.
Western journos shit on their low production values when they do this and complain that they aren't cinematic and photo realistic.
People here complain that they look like PS2 games.

I'm all for lower dev costs and higher framerates myself. Fuck this obsession with graphics.
>>
>>332744630
It seems like there's a revival going for that genre lately. There was the Yoka Layley kickstarter (I probably didn't spell that right) and there are a few recent games on Steam like that.
There was one with a magician girl protag that seemed nice.
>>
>>332740797

Stop comparing a reactionary versus system to some guy playing I LIKE THAT JUMP! the exact same way for the 1000th time.

There's a reason speed running is a lightning rod for autism.
>>
>>332744426
Reducing everything to the lowest common denominator is delusion, not truth.

>All you do in fighting games is press buttons and punch people.

See what I mean?
>>
File: bd4jb.jpg (28 KB, 620x456) Image search: [Google]
bd4jb.jpg
28 KB, 620x456
>>332744897
>speed running is a lightning rod for autism.
>Implying the FCG isn't.
>>
>>332744881
>magician protag girl game

I demand more info
>>
You retards realize that a lot of speedrunners are also into fighting games right? There's an immense amount of overlap.
>>
>>332744630
Platformers are the domain of shitty muh 2D retro pixel RPG indieshit Kikestarter developers now.
Then again I hear low poly is getting pretty popular, let's hope for some gems.
How was A Hat In Time?
>>
>>332744972
Fgc is anti autism. Its ultra normie where people actually get excited and have fun speed running is just oh wow you hit that jump for 4 hours
>>
>>332745154
>Autists don't get excited or have fun.
lmao.
>>
>>332744980
A Hat in Time, it seems it's not out yet

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonaskaerlev/a-hat-in-time-3d-collect-a-thon-platformer

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253230/
>>
>>332745198
They do but at mundane shit like a jump. Go look at any crowd at AGDQ vs a crowd at evo. Can you tell the difference or are you autistic to the max
>>
>>332745270
>Go look at any crowd at AGDQ vs a crowd at evo.
I don't disagree that fighting games are more exciting to watch than speedruns. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

>AGDQ

lmao
>>
>>332745270
commentated demonstration marathons aren't the speedrunning equivalent of fighting game tournaments.

>AGDQ
confirmed stream shitter right here.
>>
>>332745956
Are there any other big speedrun events? AGDQ looks hella legit to me.
>>
>>332740797
Yeah, try and guess which one of those is exploiting a design flaw.
>>
>>332741013
So do fighting games. You can't control what your opponent will do, hence RNG.
>>
>>332746157
>Are there any other big speedrun events? AGDQ looks hella legit to me.
none that are as big or high budget as AGDQ. ESA in Europe is probably the closest thing.

the thing about marathons is that no speedrunners actually like them. GDQs in particular are designed to appeal to a general gaming audience, and not actual speedrunners. nobody attends AGDQ to sit there watching speedruns in the stream room. they go to hang out with their speedrunner friends in a hotel getting drunk and partying for a week. there are game rooms situated in the hotel where speedrunners race each other or play multiplayer games (including fighters, which many speedrunners are interested in as well.) there's even an arcade room now.

speedrunning isn't exciting to watch unless you're very interested in a specific game or if a runner is streaming and on good pace. it's a much more niche interest, while fighting games are accessible to a much wider audience.
>>
i don't know any speedrunner who would try to argue that speedrunning is more skilled than fighting games. many will concede that fighters take as much, if not more, skill and hard work. the speedrunning community in general has a huge respect for the fighting game community. speedrunning takes skill too though, obviously. these threads are created by stream monsters who want to create an imaginary rivalry between the two communities, when in reality there is a huge amount of overlap and respect between both.

stop being cunts.
>>
>playing a fighting game
>speed running a game
I'd rather play some shitty bloatware puzzle game than do either of those. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>332747201

>What's wrong with you?

People like different this, Rochelle.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.