[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Rollercoaster Tycoon World has been confirmed a failure,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: RollerCoaster_Tycoon_3.jpg (31 KB, 280x393) Image search: [Google]
RollerCoaster_Tycoon_3.jpg
31 KB, 280x393
Now that Rollercoaster Tycoon World has been confirmed a failure, let's talk about this game. Why did it divide an entire community? It was nowhere near being a franchise-killer, but people treat it so.
>>
I didn't like it.
I thought 3D coasters would be cool, but it didn't work.
>>
Misguided video game making at its finest. Changed devs 2 times, current devs don't have any knowledge about theme parks or coasters. It's really upsetting but I've been playing Planet Coaster since last week and it's fantastic.
>>
Wait, people dislike RCT3?

I thought it transitioned fine to 3D and first person coaster riding was a blast.
>>
>>332733528
I haven't played it since I was a kid, but I remember thinking that rct3 was just too finicky and awkward compared to rct2.
>>
Didn't like the camera and overall change in aesthetics.

If they ever make another sequel. They should keep the feel similar to RCT2 and add more attractions and rides.
>>
My only issue with RCT3 was with the invincible guests. We're given all these new ways to fuck shit up, and all they do is roll around on the floor cheering.
>>
>>332733432
He was talking about rct3, not world.
>>
>>332735223
>If they ever make another sequel

He doesn't know. He doesn't even know. The poor kid.
No one tell him anything, let him keep his hopes and dreams.
>>
>>332733132
I hated the music.
>>
>>332735223
Planet Coaster is shaping up to be nice and it's by the same devs.
>>
>>332735420
Seriously? Did anyone on the dev team ever think about how that's the main reason half of the RCT fanbase plays these games?
>>
>>332736086
>I hated the music.
HOL UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklszBMIEcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCqJfYfS50g
>>
>>332733132
The UI sucks.
>>
>>332737085
Exactly, that one. Summer Air. I didn't hate the rest, just that one fucking song.
I don't know why but I guess I just heard it so much I started to hate it.
>>
>>332736606
As in the ones who made the actual good games?
>>
>>332738869
The ones that made rct3.
>>
>>332739324
Hm. That sounds less thrilling.
>>
>>332739673
They really stepped up their game though.
Just look at some early alpha footage videos.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtwqgPnq2L0
>>
>>332740243
That does look pretty impressive, particularly for alpha. Hopefully it will turn out well.
>>
>>332740450
It probably will. The coaster tool isn't even officially released yet, people can access it early through some console code or something.

Though we haven't seen any management gameplay yet, so that's the biggest question right now how that will turn out.
>>
>>332740243

I admire the stylised realism. It will look good for many years to come.
>>
RCT3 was fine, it just had some extra shit you don't need, but don't have to use, too.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.