[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>segas fiscal year ended today >sega america and atlus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 2812812-persona+5-2[1].jpg (420 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2812812-persona+5-2[1].jpg
420 KB, 1920x1080
>segas fiscal year ended today
>sega america and atlus usa merged together for efficiency in operations
>ff15 release date unveiled

Is it fair to say we can expect a release date this month, and the localizaiton process will be faster thanks to the merge? Come the fuck on...someone at Sega is bound to leak the release date for the game
>>
>>332731631
Apparently the change is cosmetic only, it won't affect anything.

So in the end this merge will mean fuckall.
>>
>>332732210
ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
>>332732210
Atlus USA now also translates some Sega games like latest Miku and Sega now distributes Atlus games.
>>
>Sega will be distributing Atlus games in N.America
>No word on Europe

Should I be worried? I might want to play EOV before I'm 60.
>>
>>332733113
Considering they were already distributing games in the US themselves that means jack shit. I highly doubt they'll bother with EU releases.
>>
>>332733178
>europe

Dont worry bro just impor---

>shitty nintendo

Nevermind lol
>>
>>332731631
Delayed to 2017 to avoid having to compete with FF
>>
>>332733178
Even latest Sega console games are "Coming to Americas" and have to wait for European confirmation, like Yakuza 0, Miku and 7th Dragon. Yakuza 0 was confirmed after 3 months to come to Europe.
>>
>>332733290
Please no.
I want my game for Christmas.
This year.
Because I waited for it.
In 2014.
And 2015.
I don't want to wait another full year.
>>
>>332733416

It might come out November/December, but with FF15 coming out this September, ATLUS isn't going to want to compete with them since Square Enex fucking controls the entire JRPG Summer and Fall lineup now
>>
File: 1452119952942.jpg (33 KB, 230x249) Image search: [Google]
1452119952942.jpg
33 KB, 230x249
>yuro poor
>>
File: 1.jpg (43 KB, 385x526) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43 KB, 385x526
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>Dual audio
Dual audio
>>
NO DUAL AUDIO NO BUY
>>
Thank fuck.
I believe in Sega for in bringing dual audio.
Their past releases were promising in delivering that so far.
Fuck Atlus for their dub entitlement.
>>
>>332733849
Keep dreaming.

You'll get your English with honorifics in text and speak.
>>
>>332734129
Thats part of the charm desu
>>
>>332734129
I've never understood why people are upset about this.
>>
File: 1.jpg (100 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
100 KB, 960x720
>>332734129
>Sega published game
>not having dual audio

At this point announcing dual audio is just a formality. I look forward to the delicious tears of the Atlus USA fangirls, though. Fucking idiot dubfags.
>>
>>332733290
>avoid having to compete with FF
but Persona 5 hype train is bigger...at least until yesterday, Atlus being silent about it just kills the hype
>>
>>332735187
Not him but dude nothing is changing. They are still going to function the same, except atlus will help localize some sega games in a more timely fashion. They are still going to operate independtly. Sega wont have any decisions to make with P5 besides maybe publishing and marketing. You expect atlus to work on sonic or yakuza games now to?
>>
>>332733290
>>332733623
Dragon Quest > Persona > Final Fantasy in japan
>>
>>332735036
Honestly because it feels a little butchered.
When you look for quality dub work you tend to look for something properly localized (not like the shitposters want to change to a synonym for censorship) so that it flows more naturally, but with wordplay at least mildly intact, or given a translation message so the humor isn't lost on people.
Totally literal translations do feel a little lazy in comparison to say, space-dandy, for example.
>>
>>332735334
but weebs do it all the time
>>
>>332735334
>>332735036
Example because it's literally 3am and I'm shitposting instead of sleeping in like I should be.

In Japan it's normal to add the suffix -San to someone's name to show respect, just due to how their society works.
In other countries this isn't the case.
So a properly made dub would nix -San and just go about calling someone by their first name.
To Show proper respect instead of adding an honorific, a Mr. [last name] would be more appropriate.

>>332735426
Weebs are also Subhumans who think they're cool for watching Naruto on Crunchyroll and they want to alienate people with their own want of a different culture without actually putting in the effort to move somewhere else.
You can watch anime all you want, but trying to make people refer to you with honorifics is in poor taste and comes across as really racist.
maybe I'm just emotionally scarred by a kid I had in LITERALLY all my Highschool classes who referred to all the teachers as sensei and called everyone [last name]-san
>>
>>332735272
All recent Sega games have japanese dub.
But yeah, I think that we have to make a move to show our interest.
With Sega, there is a little chance now.
>>
i don't give a fuck what they do but yakuza games need to start coming out faster
>>
>>332731631
Hopefully this means worldwide release dates and Japanese audio options in their games now.
>>
>>332735868
True, the chances are higher than ever now. if people start spamming segas twitter with dual aduio requests for P5, that will really increase the chances. Now is the time to speak up. atlus wouldnt listen but sega might
>>
>>332733290
SE did a poll regarding Persona vs FF.

SE is scared of Persona man.
>>
>>332736091
Not quite. They know that releasing alongside Persona 5 would steal some of their sales. And a lot of Persona 5's sales as well. Neither company benefits from competing directly.
>>
>>332735036
Because it's completely nonsensical and it's pretty much a showsign of bad localisation.
>>
>>332736091
>A giant with two million seller long running franchises
>versus a franchise that barely breaks one million
Come on dude.
>>
>>332736535
They know Persona is legit. Do you guys really still believe it isn't?

They did that poll for sure to talk about which series will release first. Most likely Persona then will release maybe by December.
>>
>>332736091
Both Atlus and Square know how important their games are for the state of the Japanese video game industry. Neither of them want to eat into each other's sales
>>
>>332735276
No not really. According to famitsu polls it's
Dragon quest>final fantasy>Pokemon>tales of..>SMT>Persona
>>
>>332731631
I honestly expect another delay sadly. I feel like they haven't really shown off much and with them being so quite about it with it releasing soon supposedly, suggests another delay.
>>
>>332736840

heres some gold bro, i agree persona will sell more than final fantasy :)
>>
File: 1455947927989.png (234 KB, 696x720) Image search: [Google]
1455947927989.png
234 KB, 696x720
>>332735272
Anon, the publisher is the entity that decides whether or not a game will have dual audio. Sega being the publisher is in fact a very big deal and changes a lot of things about the localization.
>>
>>332736921
It won't sell more, but it might be more profitable.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.