[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY SHIT VALVE CAN YOU PLEASE SPIN-OFF VR, CONTROLLER AND BIG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: steam-self-updater.png (28 KB, 469x523) Image search: [Google]
steam-self-updater.png
28 KB, 469x523
HOLY SHIT VALVE

CAN YOU PLEASE SPIN-OFF VR, CONTROLLER AND BIG PICTURE MODES INTO SEPARATE APPS SO I DON'T HAVE TO UPDATE EVERY OTHER FUCKING DAY FOR SHIT I'LL LITERALLY NEVER USE?
>>
Don't go online. Also, you accepted an agreement.
>>
>>332729575
I just want them to stop doing annoying shit. Origin sure as fuck doesn't update this often.
>>
>>332729243
>apps
FUCK OFF YOU INBRED PIECE OF TRASH SLIT YOUR FUCKING WRISTS
>>
>>332730072
Dude, the word "apps" for "application" has been in use for decades and was originally used for PC shit. I mean, remember gamez and appz in the warez scene? No, of course not, because you're underage b&, but still
>>
>>332729243
Fucking this. Holy fucking christ this.

>>332730072
It's here to stay, Anon. May as well accept it. Also all of what >>332730168 said.
Do you also get upset when people say Emojis instead of Emoticons?
>>
>>332729980
stop using it then, its simple.
otherwise its a compromise that works for both the benefit of us, through support and updates, and for them in time/money
>>
>>332730403
Perhaps as a compromise Valve could make their software less shitty so I don't get annoyed?
>>
>>332729243
You don't actually HAVE to download the updates though, do you?
>>
File: 4915015-considering+suicide.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
4915015-considering+suicide.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
>tfw u see the yellow flash on the icon and you think someone wants to talk to you
>>
>>332729243
They should do this, but not for this reason
>>
>>332730697
Well, they need to spin-off the controller shit into something different so it works with games that aren't on Steam.

And VR needs to die already.
>>
>>332730484
Yes, you do.
There is no option to pause or stop a client update, aside from exiting steam.
>>
Oh, I thought it only did this because I opted into beta testing.
>>
>>332730881
But you don't have to restart it, right? You could just click CLOSE and not give a single fuck.
>>
>>332730993
Oh, yeah, I suppose.
>>
>>332730937
Nope, there was frequent updates even outside the beta. I turned off the beta when it started breaking basic functionality because Valve not into QA
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.