[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is fucking amazing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Ff8_logo.png (283 KB, 650x529) Image search: [Google]
Ff8_logo.png
283 KB, 650x529
This game is fucking amazing.
>>
>>332727334

As a matter of fact, it isn't.
>>
April Fools!
>>
>>332727410
But the truth is that it is.
>>
>>332727334
Junction system is great. I don't get why Squall and Rinoa fell in love. I don't get why Rinoa gets over Seifer so quick. I guess saying everyone was an orphan out of nowhere and using GFs to say it causes memory loss is a way to tie that up roughly.

This game tried to do too many things and it's fucking everywhere. But it had great model animation. Especially on Zell.
>>
>>332727334
The game's soundtrack is amazing.

If you are into muh atmosphere and muh theorycrafting the game is good.
>>
>>332727497

As a matter of fact, it isn't.
>>
>>332727582
>I don't get why Squall and Rinoa fell in love.
Because they're teens and Squall is comfortable around her. haven't you fell in love before?
>I don't get why Rinoa gets over Seifer so quick.
Haven't you met a slut and a girl?
>I guess saying everyone was an orphan out of nowhere and using GFs to say it causes memory loss is a way to tie that up roughly.
GFs causing memory loss was there in the beginning. YOu even have students forgetting their pencils, and what not.
>>
>>332727768
So I was right in assuming their love is as deep as Pac-Man and Ms.Pac-Man.
>>
>>332727959
Yes.
>>
File: 1459458714715.jpg (15 KB, 234x241) Image search: [Google]
1459458714715.jpg
15 KB, 234x241
>Your favorite Final Fantasy is the one you played the most as a kid
>>
>>332728445
That's wrong, though.
>>
People give VIII too much flak.

It has some iffy gameplay and story elements, but the game itself is a technical marvel.

Don't tell me you werent blown away the first time you saw the leviathan summon on your pizza hut demo disk. I know I was.
>>
File: 1395112407379.gif (943 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1395112407379.gif
943 KB, 500x368
8 is my favorite ff and you're full of shit, op.

junctioning is a convoluted, overdesigned mess; it's pointlessly complex, easily exploited, and what flexibility it does offer comes at the cost of making every character an identical blank slate

drawing magic from enemies leads to the most effective approach (stalling until you get 99 of that spell you want) being the most drawn-out and tedious, which is exactly the opposite of what you want out of a game system

i shouldn't even have to explain about limit spamming

the implementation of level scaling actively punishes you for playing the fucking game by making junctions way more effective if you stay at low level

the romance at the center of the entire game is rushed and underdeveloped

quistis may be hot but the characters are uniformly unlikable, angsty children, stuck in a plot that relies on them doing stupid, unsympathetic things ("that's the point" that doesn't mean it's good)

NORG, time kompression, etc.

8 is good because its big picture is ambitious and absorbing, committing to the future-magic angle FF had been building toward but without the relentlessly heavyhanded pessimissm that characterized 7. locations were creative and well-realized, things like the laguna flashbacks and mercenary-school setting were (are) fresh and creative, and major set pieces (landing, huge garden battle, esthar) were directed with a still-impressive scale and scope that manages to respect enough of the player's agency (by jrpg standards, anyway) to remain engaging. i'm also fortunate enough to find squall hilarious; i can see how anybody who didn't probably had a hard time.

i wish they were remaking 8 instead of 7, because it really could benefit more from having its (very) weak parts completely overhauled
>>
File: tbh fam.jpg (15 KB, 325x323) Image search: [Google]
tbh fam.jpg
15 KB, 325x323
>>332727334
>le fe8 was good meme
>>
>>332730350
You would be me if you cared about capitalization and punctuation. I love FFVIII, but I recognize it has flaws. Thing is, I even love the flaws.
>>
>>332727334
Seifer and Quistis deserved a better game
>>
>>332727334

I liked it, and in true /v/-logic, you're a cuck if you didn't.
>>
>>332727681
As a matter of fact, you're wrong.
>>
Things I liked about FF8:
>the characters were fun, some less so, but they were an entertaining bunch most of the time
>Squall had a good arc and was surprisingly deep
>probably the best OST any FF game has ever had
>the game was "just the right kind" of hard when you were young and didn't understand the systems
>it's pretty fun to see just how badly you can break it on repeated playthroughs
>the setting and the world are probably the most interesting they've ever been in a FF game
>the GFs looked great, and teaching them abilities in the order I liked was neat
>I kinda' thought the idea of getting paid a salary while out on a mission made more sense than getting gold from monsters, but it was just another thing in FF8 that was incredibly exploitable
>best card-system
>>
>>332730350
>pointlessly complex
unnecessary? Yes. Complex? Not what I would use to describe it.
>>
>>332730350
>mercenary-school setting were (are) fresh and creative

Not even back then by anime standards.

Laguna a cool do.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.