[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>think about MGSV trailers >get hyped for the missing link
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 26
File: maxresdefault.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
>think about MGSV trailers
>get hyped for the missing link in the MGS saga
>remember that I already beat it and it was fucking nothing

Anyone else going through this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmaJxPvUDfU
>>
I'm already over it anon.

The Phantom Pain is gone, I don't feel anything anymore.
>>
File: Expensive.jpg (146 KB, 1000x493) Image search: [Google]
Expensive.jpg
146 KB, 1000x493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-c1a5c55-8
Still waiting on that "Dynamic CQC", where you can disarm a guard without alerting every last person in the building.
>>
>>332725798
you can DO THAT IN GROUND ZEROS YOU FUCKING PLEB
>>
TPP actually contained pretty much everything the trailers sold.

The cycle of revenge, the nations of language, it's just presented extremely poorly.

Compared to MGS2 there was barely any false advertising. You just fell for the hype.
>>
>>332726161
The main problem is that the trailers contained everything the game has. Every major plot point is in the trailer except the Medic thing that was pretty obvious at the end of GZ
>>
File: 1438285643322.png (539 KB, 752x790) Image search: [Google]
1438285643322.png
539 KB, 752x790
>>332725798
>why are we still here?
Still gives me goosebumps
>>
Once I get the platinum, I can stop playing this game forever.

Or I might just erase all my save data and play it from scratch.

Not like it really matters though.
>>
>>332724576
>falling for the missing link meme

don't feel bad OP, they've only been using that trick for the last decade
>>
Most disappointing game I have played in a long time. Sill good but I wanted so much more. It just didn't do anything for me.
>>
>>332725798
>that 2013 red band trailer

This is legitimately one of the best vidya trailers of all time. TPP would have been the game of the decade if it lived up to this trailer.
>>
>>332724576
I had that exact feeling. I yearn for the mystery of when the game wasn't released yet, and we were all excited by the possibilities.
>>
Anyone else feel like this game was absolutely huge and some of the most fun they had in their entire life of gaming, yet somehow the game itself feels underground. Neglected. Unknown. Every time I see a reference to it, or even one of these posts about it on /v/, I feel like I'm seeing some unpopular nerd bring up his favorite unpopular novel that literally no one knows or gives a fuck about. It's hard to describe, it just feels like this game came and went and the world barely even acknowledged it.

And that's depressing. It's really fucking depressing what this game turned into.
>>
Biggest thing I'm disapointed in is Chapter 2 and all those fucking repeating missions and how stagnant the open world was. Infinite Heaven can fix the latter somewhat. Shame there isn't a bigger modding scene
>>
>>332727495

It was pretty much like this.

>hyped up MGSfags on /v/ buy it day 1 and marathon the shit out of it
>realize the game is incomplete, the plot is shit, chapter 2 is mostly a rehash of chapter 1 missions with an added challenge
>everyone else who wasn't marathoning the game eventually realizes this
>people wonder how the fuck this got so many 9s and 10s from reviewers
>MGO3 released on consoles
>it's dogshit
>MGO3 released on PC
>literally no one cares and it's DOA

It's a shame what happened. TPP really could have been something phenomenal. Instead it just felt incomplete.
>>
When the gameplay is as good as it is in TPP I don't think the story really matters. I get people waited a long time to have the story come full circle but this is MGS where retconning is rampant and spinoffs exist that shit all over everything only for the developers to say it's cannon later. Maybe you guys will get your closure game someday, just won't be directed by Kojima which might be for the better depending who takes his place.
>>
>>332725935
Well, excuuuse me for my ignorance.

>>332727114
>Or I might just erase all my save data and play it from scratch.
Playing post-patches is a fun experience and a hectic one. You can make more mistakes with less penalty, but development costs borderline on the insane.
>>
>>332727659
Honestly, by the time I realized how unfinished the game was I was more disappointed that there weren't repeats for every mission than I was at the lack of original ones. Perfect Stealth and Subsistence made so many episodes way more fun.
>>
>>332727731

Idk man. When I look at what life is like in Japan and how much work went into this game, only for it to get completely shit on and see how it turned out, it just kills me. I feel like I took part in this immense project that in the end was so low-key it isn't even funny. The very thought of any particular scene in MGSV invokes feelings of isolation and loneliness. Like if I loaded it up right now and played a certain mission, I honestly believe I'd be the only one in the world playing it at that very moment. For a game that came out only 7 months ago, that's pretty fucking scary.
>>
>>332727776
>gameplay so good

People say that but the idiotic AI and how basic some of the areas missions take place in really make it drag IMO. I was expecting stealth and action that blew away other modern stealth action games like Splinter Cell and Hitman and didn't really get it.
>>
I honestly can't stop thinking about disappointed I am from this.Constantly hoping some dlc will come out and end my pain
>>
>>332728229

I agree, but they should be options for every mission. And fuck whoever thought a Subsistence mission was best with every fucking Russian having heavy armour, helmets and missile launchers.
>>
>>332728551
To be fair though Metal Gear has always been like the "arcadey" stealth game compared to Thief/Hitman/Splinter Cell's "sim" feel. It would have been amazing to finally get a deeper, pure stealth MGS, but that idea went out the window the second they announced shit like supply drops, air strikes, open world, etc.
>>
>No Gray Fox
>No Outer Heaven
>No Solid Snake cameo
>No plot resolution
>>
>>332728428
You know what's bizarre? That exact feeling has kept me from wanting to go back and finish the game. That sense that I'd be so alone getting immersed in the game really freaks me out for some reason. I've not had this problem with any other mgs game, and to be honest, I loved GZ and TPP, but I can totally relate to this feeling. I wonder why I feel it.
>>
>>332729015
This is true. But I guess with the whole move towards an open world and better tech I was expecting some really extreme stealth situations and abilities. I mean bad guys don't even chase after you in trucks when you run away from a base on alert. It's really bizarre.
>>
>>332729209

Yeah right? It's really weird hard to describe.

In addition to the game feeling super low-key and all the isolation that comes with it, there's also this sinking suspicion I have that Konami will be shutting down all the servers before the game's 2nd year anniversary. Like it's just so dead and buried that they will turn the lights off at a point where a game should still be considered relevant.

I loved this game deeply, but it just doesn't feel right when I think about it from the outside.
>>
>>332724576
I remember people here getting hyped as fuck for this game and I avoided some of the story trailers. The gameplay trailers irked me though because it looked like more Peacewalker stuff that I really wasn't a fan of.

Story wise the game is horrible. Gameplay wise it feels half baked. I felt like Ground Zeroes had better balance with player ability, level size and enemy aggression.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 630x537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 630x537
This was supposed to be the gem that was going to save gaming, I keep forgetting that it actually came out.
>>
I just want to forget
>>
File: 1395574722755.png (1 MB, 963x699) Image search: [Google]
1395574722755.png
1 MB, 963x699
MGS2 = MGS3 > MGS1 > MGS4 > MGSV
>>
>>332729191

Kojima let his Westerboo self take over, that and also being a dry cunt, listening to LSD head Avi Arad when hiring Jack "Obvious Voice" Bauer to play a melancholic depressed "Big Boss"

Fuck Kojima. He's just trying to steal the spotlight, like another faceless hollywood Shill, but in reality he has no charisma and is just a Cuck
>>
I think the biggest shame is that the online is so piss poor. That and the lack of modder interest, the game is pretty malleable.
>>
>>332729191
Honestly think all of these things were supposed to be in it before Konami pulled the plug. I bet this game was supposed to end with V fighting Solid in Outer Heaven. The N313 tease in the shitty ending just screams "we were going to do something with this but needed 3 and a half more missions to do it."

All the repeat missions, Kingdom of the Flies, the out of nowhere "ending," etc. make me think Kojima bit off more than he could chew and intended TPP to be a five+ chapter epic that wraps up all the loose ends, but Konami was sick of his diva status and wanted it done.

It's a shame they couldn't have worked something out and released the rest episodically as DLC or something.

Whatever happened behind the scenes, there's no way what we got was the original vision.
>>
>>332726607
this is pretty much spot on
the game is just the trailer and a bunch of pointless grinding
>>
>>332724576
Game was just boring

>Motherbase has you go around shooting targets, punching your dudes, oogling Quiet and collecting diamonds all on this super stupid oil rig setup

>Missions are in 90% small outposts with guards that are smoking or walking slowly or talking about the same bullshit over and over

>Objectives consist of extract the prisoner, extract the information, extract the skilled soldier, extract the item, destroy some gear...hey that's different, extract vehicles, extract a high value target, collect some intel

>Gotta wait for developing new gear

>Open world has very little going on

>Lame bosses
>>
>tfw kept thinking there would be more fun ruses and cool twists in the game but it just came out as expected
>>
>>332724576
i'm wholeheartedly convinced this game had the best trailers of all time, for anything
it was never going to fulfill the standard that they set, though i still never thought it would come up THAT short.
still one of the best of 2015 regardless, though that just shows what a weak year it was overall
>>
MGSV and Mass Effect 3 were the two biggest letdowns in gaming for me
>>
Fucking FOB invasions are some serious no fun allowed bullshit and everyone's base is the same! Good fucking luck finding somebody who's base isn't covered in short range lethal S ranks in Battle Dress with mines and drones and shit everywhere.
>>
>>332729981
Hahaha I'm fucking dying at that picture
>>
>>332729981
Magnificent taste, Anon
>>
>>332729015
MGS1/2 were top tier arcade stealth

ever since 3 its become this weird morph between arcade and stealth, then MGSV is completely formless as to not even be considered a stealth game
>>
>>332730828
V definitely allows stealth. It's just weird that you can't do more obvious shit like wear a disguise or climb around in trees and mountains.

I was expecting stuff like in MGS3 where you'd swim in rivers and hide using animal skins and have to lose pursuing guards through cave systems and basically none of that was in there.
>>
>>332731062
There aren't even building interiors.

It's the biggest game in the series and yet somehow the environments feel like some of the most primitive.
>>
>>332731237
There was Codetalker's mansion and some airport shit and a little of OKB but yeah the interiors weren't nearly as in depth as past games for some reason. My favorite missions were the ones that involved more intricate areas/interiors to operate in like Codetalker's mansion or the Honeybee mission where you have to go through all those caves.
>>
>>332724576
Youtube autoplayed Nuclear yesterday, brought up some old feelings.

ME3 will always make me mad

MGSV will always make me feel disappointed.
>>
>>332724576
We need to let it go we can't keep doing this to ourselves.
>>
>>332730058
He went full auteur autist with it. There are a multitude of interviews and so on about how he commissioned hours upon hours of dialog from Sutherland, songs from Donna burke and so on but threw them out because "they weren't right" Eventually he had to pay the piper and Konami shut him down(I was mad at the time but it makes complete sense now) and instead of working on a game he was busy fucking Joosten and watching a full movie every day on his lunch break while still demanding full control of the project.

The red band trailer is one of the greatest pieces in video game history, it promised a game that would live on for decades, instead we got a hollow game that didn't tie up anything or matter in the long run.
>>
File: 53276736_p1_master1200.jpg (275 KB, 700x522) Image search: [Google]
53276736_p1_master1200.jpg
275 KB, 700x522
So they fooled around at least once right?
BB must have slept with someone else right? Ocelot was the only other interested party before MSF.

Paramedic got cucked by EVA and you all know it.
>>
>>332729191
>watch trailer
>"Les Enfants Terribles, Zero called it"
>shows shot of Eli with another kid who looks just like him behind
>"Hory shet it's Solid Snake!"
>Play MGSV
>It was just a Mantis illusion
>>
>>332731237
>There aren't even building interiors.

This pisses me off more than anything. MGO has a ton of indoor areas that weren't there in the game. Cloak and Dagger is a lot of fun. Sneaking around other players is far more enjoyable than the brain dead AI anyway. Even if there were a lot more indoor areas it wouldn't really matter when it's so easy to knock the guards out in this game.
>>
>>332732443
Nothing wrong with that. It would have been silly to retcon Solid's backstory - what they've done with Liquid is stupid enough.
What really pissed me off was Zero's speech. When I heard it in a tape my heart broke.
>>
>mfw Quiet was supposed to be Chico but Kojima cut it when everyone found out and laughed the idea away

You know that's where all that "male-to-female" talk was going. Pure Kojima.
>>
>>332730372
>covered in short range lethal S ranks

But those are the easiest. It's the sniper FOBs you've got to watch out for.
>>
>>332732443
shota Mantis was so pointless

he could be removed from the game and nothing would change aside from eli somehow getting the virus (which doesn't matter anyway because lol that all folks) and stealing Snuffalufagus for the exact same reason.

The only thing he does is control Volgin and that's not even a big deal since this is the guy that could control fucking lightning on his own just be-fucking-cause
>>
File: 1458139050829.jpg (16 KB, 288x432) Image search: [Google]
1458139050829.jpg
16 KB, 288x432
>>332725798
I like this improved version way better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
>>
>>332729191
>No Gray Fox

Now THIS made me fucking mad. Meeting him and seeing him in the field would've actually been one of the last steps of bringing the franchise full circle. My dick would've exploded if we could recruit him.
>>
File: 1437285449179.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1437285449179.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>332732819
Rog and Tyrone were too good for this world.

I'm thankful they came and went before the rest of the internet could ruin them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbSSWheQLvc?t=1m8s
>>
>>332732995
His origin was in Portable Ops tho, which might as well be canon now that Kojima's gone and we'll never know the "truth"
>>
>>332733703
How he became loyal to Big Boss and his stint in Outer Heaven, I mean.

Also his character was fucked in PO, let's be honest.
>>
>>332725798
Kaz was so fucking awesome in this game, shame he didn't get that much development, no one got any fucking development. Why the fuck was Ocelot so senile and normal? It just made no sense.
>>
>>332733038
>tfw I almost paid top dollar for Rog to do the Armstrong speech
>Armstrong had too many words for the penny Rog charged

https://youtu.be/Kj4XenU6tyI?t=1m18s
>>
>>332733776
Yeah, the problem was that the cassettes just weren't memorable. That was the fun of the old games.

In MGSV, they're just an info dump. I can only remember the Hamburger tapes, the Eli is not your son one, and some of the Truth Records.
>>
>>332733776

I know, Kaz was amazing. I could listen to him go on and on about Cipher and conspiracies.

Ocelot had his soul sucked out of him. I don't know who the fuck thought that was how Ocelot should have been handled, did any of them even remember the last 4 games?
>>
>>332724576
It did what it promised to do, which was fill in the gaps between Peace Walker and MG1. Unfortunately it wasn't 90% movie to cater to underage faggots like you but oh well you'll get over it eventually.
>>
>le missing link meme
They pulled this shit on you twice before.
>>
>>332734264
>It did what it promised to do, which was fill in the gaps between Peace Walker and MG1

AHAHAHA, fuck no.

That'd be like saying how the first hour The Phantom Menace by itself showed us how Anakin became Darth Vader.
>>
>>332725798
>Watch trailer
>The Phantom Pain returns
I still cannot believe how terrible MGSV was. Fuck. FUCK. FUUUUCK.
>>
>>332734264
It didn't do jack diddly squat.

When the character that was promised to fall only appears for like five minutes worth of cutscenes and barely does anything, you know you have a problem.

>no gray fox
>no outer heaven
>no sniper wolf
>no rejoining foxhound
>just fucking around with a disposable villain who is never mentioned in any other metal gear game, then a virus, then nothing
>>
>>332734165
I wish we had crazed Ocelot but I also really enjoy the idea that him acting like a crazy fucker in the future was all an act. That in reality he was a punk kid who actually grew up to be the best operative/spy ever.

The guy was too docile though. I wish he said more things that fleshed out his personality like when he was training DD or expressing his disdain for the French in the secret tapes. Ocelot spent so much time in the game briefing Venom on the state of the world while he was in a coma that he should have put in his own commentary about things. TBFP's Matt said he wished Ocelot would say the line, "So it's the 80's ; the music here sucks."

Actually, I wanted bromance Ocelot. Kaz could be the loyal friend this time around and Ocelot could be that friend who just fucking loves you so much.
>>
>>332724576
>No just cause
>Men become demons
>All for revenge

Literally none of this happened in the game. Man, fuck MGSV.
>>
I just pretend MGS stopped at 3. V was an excellent mercenary simulator, but I do my best not to even think of it as an MGS when playing it.

but MGS2 is still the best one
>>
Why did big boss and the medic have the same voice?
>>
>>332734362
It's kind of true, though. It basically demystified Big Boss and handed off the brunt of his legacy to your shitty in-game avatar.

Sniper Wolf's "Saladin"? The father figure Liquid was obsessed with? The man who built Outer Heaven, captured Gray Fox, and fought Solid Snake to the death? All Venom Snake.

Big Boss did some cool shit in the 60s and 70s, took a big nap, went on vacation while his " phantom" did his dirty work, came back in the late 90s and got his ass burnt to a crisp, took another nap, and died in Snake's arms like a pussy.

The man didn't live up the legend. The fucking medic was closer to the real thing.
>>
>MGSV was bad meme

You faggots are ALMOST as bad as /tv/ in your contrarianism
>>
>>332735028
>Sniper Wolf's "Saladin"?
>The man who built Outer Heaven
None of these were confirmed as Venom's doing

In fact, the credits say Big Boss built Outer Heaven

>and fought Solid Snake to the death?
Big Boss actually did it himself as well in Metal Gear 2.

>The man didn't live up the legend. The fucking medic was closer to the real thing.
No, Big Boss did everything from MGS3 to PW. Venom succeeded because he had Big Boss's badassery. Stop acting like he was a pussy.
>>
>>332735076
It's not bad it's just kinda disappointing for being the last game in the series
>>
>>332734839

Look, I just wanted Ocelot with Patrick Zimmerman's voice, and him actually spinning his revolvers.

The guy is flamboyant. He could have actually been on Venom's side, which in almost every other game, he's spying against the guy he's working for, and ends up backstabbing them towards the end.

In TPP, he'd be spying for you, and wouldn't backstab you, that'd be the key difference and that would be the only one you'd need, is that Ocelot is genuinely working for Venom.

And that's not mutually exclusive with his normal over the top flamboyant cowboy personality.
>>
>>332729191
Gray Fox's backstory was Portable Ops.
Other Heaven is alludealluded to in the ending.
We already know Solid's childhood.
This game's story was meant to be unresolved.
>>
>>332735000
My headcanon is that when we see/hear real Big Boss the medic is projecting his own voice onto him. Big Boss is Hayter and medic is Sutherland, but any time we're with the real deal, it's not "reality," but a false recollection of V's psyche.
>>
>>332729191
>>No Gray Fox
>>No Outer Heaven
>>No Solid Snake cameo
Thank fuck. The last game this needed was forced fanwankery.
>>
>>332735391
>Thank fuck. The last game this needed was forced fanwankery.
>In Outer Heaven, men become demons
>Gray Fox was actually found around this time

It's not fanwankery.

Solid is a bit, yeah, but the rest wasn't.
>>
>>332735206
It really should have just been Peace Walker 2. It's closer to an optional side story spinoff than a core chapter in the series, and the games share most of their systems.

It's kind of funny that it's MGSV. You can basically interpret that as meaning it's MGSV(enom), and not necessarily MGS5.
>>
>>332728428
Not the case with this MGS game but thia has happened to me with films, concerts or even personal projects. I think I relate it expectations somebody has on things, and how long expectations are compared to the actual thing you're expecting. Kinda like how weekends seemed this big amazing thing back on highschool, and most of them ended up being subpar, and suddenly it was monday again.

Comes to show expectation is always too harsh on the real thing desu senpai.
>>
>>332735639
Yeah, it's funny. Peace Walker was basically 5. It did far more for showing Big Boss's downfall than V did.

V is just Venom fucking around doing oddjobs.
>>
File: XB83Tmy.jpg (143 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
XB83Tmy.jpg
143 KB, 1024x1024
>>332735234
I know man. I thought Kaz didn't shit all over Ocelot's opinion enough and I wanted traditional-Ocelot arguing with Kaz the whole game. I know they were playing the roles of devil and angel on Venom's shoulder the whole time but I don't recall a moment when they fucking tore into each other in the game.

And I wanted that. I wanted Ocelot to sass Kaz and Kaz to take out his anger at Ocelot.

Like I said, the Ocelot we got felt like he was hardly a friend to Big Boss - we didn't get that feeling until the very end with that cigar light, which was fucking beautiful. I wanted a genuine human moment from Ocelot (regardless of the voice actor) and not the bland codec guy we got. I'm just imagining Patric Zimmerman's voice saying a genuine not-crazy thing that solidifies the friendship he feels for Big Boss.

Why didn't they make him spin his fucking guns more. See picture, I wanted this so bad.
>>
>>332732443
>>332734885
>This world will become one - I have found the way. Race, Tribal affiliations, National borders. Even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that The Boss envisioned will finally become a reality. And it will make mankind whole again...
Oh, nevermind, just a cassette tape.
>>
>>332724576
More like...
>Havent really lurked in any mgsv threads
>Get it one day out of the blue
>Start playing
>Oh man the shootings tight in this game
>Customizable guns, clothing, vehicles and some sort of base building
>Light but fun base management and development
>Having a fucking blast in the open world taking bases and shit
>Done a handful of missions
>lurking on /v/

>The games shit
>ITS UNFINISHED
>HAHA MIYAMOTO IS A HACK

>Well fuck I think its fun?
>Start playing it again
>Having less fun than last time
>Keep thinking aboout how much fun im not
>I hate this game its shit
>I hate everything, everything in this fucking life is shit
>turn it off
>Browse my collection of games
>Decide not to play anything because its all shit
>come back to browsing /v/ and talking about how much i hate games

Fucking everytime /v/
Why you guys always inception me.
>>
>>332729591
I think the fact that the open world is so empty it's depressing helps this feeling. Like, the game is craving and lamenting everything that isn't there.
>>
>>332734027
It worked well with Quiet's farewell tape and Truth tapes (except that they should've been cutscenes), but other tapes are just mindless info dumps, yeah.
>>
File: 2494850-patrick.png (615 KB, 707x641) Image search: [Google]
2494850-patrick.png
615 KB, 707x641
>stupid little pc cuck shitter trying to shitpost game he pirated
>im playing MGO right now and its fucking amazing
>>
>>332735750
Yep. More resolution to BB's character arc in this one cutscene than the entirety of MGSV.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=E825s7b2k7U
>>
File: Konami releasing MGS5.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Konami releasing MGS5.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>332735923

Konami didn't give them enough time and didn't trust in the devs. That and them going shit crazy and deciding to switch to mobile and gambling.
>>
>>332724576
I honestly really enjoyed the game. I didn't watch any trailers so I didn't go in with any expectations. I've played every main entry on release too so it's not like I was just new to the series.

MGO is also getting better all the time now that the japanese devs have control of it.
>>
Is it possible to believe that someway, somehow, someone releases the notes on the plot development of MGSV?

We're talking about a story that wasn't told properly due to financial restrictions. There's no chance of a director's cut. But the director is alive. Can we just squeeze the fucking real story out of him?

Let him retcon anything he wants, even if he intended the plot to be the way it is. Just fucking pay the guy to sit down with a room of editors and writers and tell the best story they could possibly tell, sans gameplay.
>>
>>332737593
>Can we just squeeze the fucking real story out of him?

I wouldn't be surprised if Konami would sue Kojima if he talked about MGS5's development anytime in the next decade.
>>
>>332737750
Can they even? He doesn't work for them anymore and the game is already out.
>>
>>332732080
Big Boss should have been sucking Ocelot's dick twice a day for saving his ass and fixing his mess.
>>
>>332737750
He doesn't have to talk about internal development. He doesn't have to point fingers.

He is just telling a story. Revising a story. So long as he doesn't make money from it it's just that, a story, a work of fanfiction. He could even fucking replace the names with, "the cowboy", "the one-armed man", "the snake".

The Metal Gear story has been told like shit. But there's so much about it that's so incredible. It's a story about how several people wildly misinterpret the last wishes of one the greatest heroes and royally fuck up the world for nearly half a decade before coming to a conclusion.

I want that story told well. If Konami sues then we just Kickstarter the fucker's legal fees. Nerds have spent more on less. This of all things I want the art to belong to the artist.
>>
>>332737981

Yeah, it's their product, not Kojima's. Probably had him sign a bunch of NDAs while they kicked his ass out the door.

>>332738119
Same thing. NDA might be keeping him from making comment about MGS5, it's development, issues, everything.
>>
>>332725798
>MGS goes open world
Why did he do it bros? Why did Kojima fuck up his last piece? The gameplay is out of this world but the R&D grind, the transportation system and everything else but the gameplay was bad.
Hell in the mission where soviets are fighting mujahideen why can't you even see them fighting? Why does TPP had to feel so lonely when MGS4 had AI combat already implemented?
>>
>>332738098
Instead he dumped EVA and Ocelot like rocks.
>>
>>332724576
MGSV was a great game if you consider how many people got to experience the "phantom pain" whether you think the game is trash or you realize it's over
>>
>>332724576
I have a feeling we're gonna have the same threads about KH3 in the future
>>
>>332738270
What sort of fucking douchebags classify information like that. It takes 50 years for the government to declassify shit; sometimes 75 years. How the fuck is anybody going to be able to analyze anything when the people involved are fucking dead by then and can't provide accurate accounts and counterpoints. One of the complaints of historians is that so much history was only selectively (and thankfully) preserved by the church. The Chinese regularly burned their fucking libraries and savages and barbarians didn't keep records. And now our history is classified.

I know what you're saying. I'm just incredibly perturbed by it all. Does nobody in Konami know the value of the story they hold? Kojima should just let it all out - maybe he's seen that Assange is rotting in a building for years and is already forgotten and doesn't want to live in a closet for just a story.
>>
>>332735923
>I wanted a genuine human moment from Ocelot
Yeah, I wanted this too. It's the end of the series, I don't want to see Ocelot playing a role when it could have finally been him and the real Big Boss together since MGS3. Ocelot being loyal to Big Boss was the driving force of the Solid part of the series, but Kojima couldn't even give us one good tape or cutscene about it other than a cigar lighting. He's just a shit writer.
>>
File: gfs_47405_2_4.jpg (9 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gfs_47405_2_4.jpg
9 KB, 1024x768
Why are all games subtitled The Phantom Pain padded, unfinished, almost-masterpieces?
>>
>>332725798
But you can cqc disarm people quite easily in V. It looks exactly like it does it the trailer too minus an added sound effect.
>>
File: 2015-10-12_00002.jpg (397 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-12_00002.jpg
397 KB, 1920x1080
>>332730372
The most fun I had with FOBs was tracking down people's Flaming Buffalos and stealing her.
>>
this game reminds me of what kojima fucked up with his saga. v is hollow and leaves me wanting more from this epic but all I'm left with is grinding shit and the same boring shit all over again. venom is not me. stop making it me. it's fucking retarded no matter how much philosophizing I'll do.

I want a game about the bastard big boss about him undoing what made him a loyal soldier. I want that shit where blood diamonds, war, and nation rivalry is exploited.

FUCK YOU KOJIMA. YOU SHIT WRITER.
>>
>>332738686
>What sort of fucking douchebags classify information like that.

Ones that care about their money, perception and ability to maintain rights on an IP.

>Does nobody in Konami know the value of the story they hold?

Unless they think it would have translated into some Call of Duty type money, they don't care.

They're moving over to mobile. Silent Hills was canceled. MGS5 was shoved out the door about 60% complete, workable, but incomplete. They've regularly shown to have disdain lately for the AAA gaming scene and it's audience.

They're moving to mobile because it's got more money in it.

AAA gaming can be profitable, but nowhere near as much as mobile is. For the same time and resource commitment as MGS5 took, they could have shat out 50 mobile games. And if 2 or 3 of them took off, they'd make more than MGS5 could hope to deliver, especially considering whatever the less successful ones make as well.

And they can do it with anyone, you don't need any really talented programmers to make Candy Crush clones that the gooks eat up like a emancipated Ethiopian at an all you can eat buffet.
>>
File: castlevania.png (14 KB, 298x240) Image search: [Google]
castlevania.png
14 KB, 298x240
>tfw there will never be an MGS game with a cutscene that shows Big Boss meeting Solid Snake for the first time.
>They show BB to Solid's room.
>He knocks, but there's no answer.
>He can hear some kind of electronic music through the door.
>He opens the door.
>There's a teenaged Solid Snake, smoking a cigarette and playing Castlevania.
>>
>>332739212
The sad thing is the guy is already old. No way whatever thing he's doing at Sony will rival MGS in scale and epicness. I just wish they publish a novelization of MGS5 just like they did with 4 so that we can have the conclusion.
>>
>>332733038
I've seen both of these guys videos and I still don't get what the fuck they are supposed to be.
>>
How much time/effort does it take to get the FOB nuke trophies? I haven't touched the mode and don't want to get too invested in it because I'm pretty burned out on the game, but I have OCD so I want to at least do that.
>>
>>332724576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U

We're all Diamond Dogs, now.
>>
>>332739432
They did publish a novel, it's exactly like the game with no ending at all. We're stuck with this piece of shit unless Konami wants to do some serious DLC, and that's unlikely. I'm just hoping that Kojima was allowed to make his Shyalaman tier story because Konami wants to do the real Big Boss game in the future, but Konami's not the greatest either.
>>
>>332739691
>tfw you'll never be part of diamond dogs
>>
>>332739696
>They did publish a novel, it's exactly like the game with no ending at all

Not only that but they've had numerous people in the literary community who are friends with Kojimbles say that the game's story is perfect and everyone who didn't like it just didn't get it while rambling on about pointless connections to Moby Dick and 1984 as if they elevate the games story at all..
>>
File: 2646840-rw.jpg (42 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
2646840-rw.jpg
42 KB, 480x480
gameplay mechanics is top notch too bad it was left unfinished

wish AI difficulty could be increased

story is best in series since I hated convulated exposition mess in the other games. cassettes story is decent

bad game for a mgsfan

top tier open world game
>>
Now that the dust has settled, what was the worst thing about MGS5 story wise? Was it Shota Mantis being shoehorned in and made into an op xman who shaped the events of everything for no reason? Was it Quiet being forced down our throats as a perfect dindu nothing waifu? was it Ocelot being a completely different character, and the most boring person in the series for this one game? Was it Major Zero, Solid Snake, any of the Patriots, and Outer Heaven not showing up at all? Was it Big Boss turning out to be the biggest bitch in the universe and running away while letting his doctor handle everything? Or was it something else?
>>
>>332740062
The worst thing was there was hardly any story.
I got to Afganistan and nothing happened yet, besides rescuing Huey, meeting Quiet.
There was barely shit for story.
I quit the game.
>>
File: 1456713101274.gif (474 KB, 127x139) Image search: [Google]
1456713101274.gif
474 KB, 127x139
>>332740017
>top tier open world game

>open world is totally dead
>most you'll see inbetween are 2 sentries or a single truck
>bases just chilling out waiting for you to infiltrate
>never able to impact the map, kill a large installation and they're all back the next day
Fucking fallout games have better open world
>>
Quarantine was one of the few good things about MGSV.
>>
>>332739601
>How much time/effort does it take to get the FOB nuke trophies?

Well, the deterrence one just requires you to build a nuke.

One you just need to disarm one, and I think there's another one where you have to disarm 10 of them.

They really aren't too hard if you can get through high level sniper FOBs.
>>
File: 1459408255837.jpg (140 KB, 709x747) Image search: [Google]
1459408255837.jpg
140 KB, 709x747
mgs 3>5>1>>>>>>ff13>>>>>>>>4>>>>>>>>>nintendo child porn spokeswomen>>>2
>>
So what was the weapon to surpass metal gear?
The parasites? If so they are the most dysfunctional unit in the series so far.
>>
>>332740062
meh i liked ocelot in this one. felt like a true bro
>>
>>332729981
correct
>>
>>332729981
I'm always torn on these lists. For example, MGS2 on it's own is decidedly not great. It's the way that it interacts with MGS1 as well as the commentary it has on information control that makes the story so good.

It's really nuts how many things that game predicted.
>>
>>332737750
I want a book on MGS V development failure so bad
>>
>>332739930
Don't forget that Big Boss vs America and energy consumption are supposed to be themes in the game somehow. Shit writing is one thing, but trying to convince me that I'm too stupid to appreciate it is another.

>>332740726
It was nice to see his softer side, but considering how great he is in every other game it's a let down. The fact that Quiet uses his own gun more than he does tells you just how bad this game is as part of MGS. If Kojima wanted to make a game about big tit waifus he should have just joined the DOA team.
>>
>>332742409
Did you read that horseshit from that guy who was trying to say that Moby Dick was actually about finite energy resources and that at one point civilzation ran on whale oil? Pure fucking drivel. "But you pick up oil in MGSV and spend it on guns! But but but the Mnfinda Oil Plant!" Man fuck that noise.
>>
>>332740661
i think it was the walker gear
>>
I just want the hurt to stop.
>>
>>332740661

It was cut from the game and/or Battle Gear
>>
>>332740897

>It's really nuts how many things that game predicted.

Enlighten me.
>>
>>332729981
The only true list.
>>
File: 1459322361405.jpg (371 KB, 700x994) Image search: [Google]
1459322361405.jpg
371 KB, 700x994
>>
>>332743335
Too much ass.
>>
>>332742983

Internet culture.
>>
>>332742983
memes are real
trump and the american isolationism
pmcs
globalism and the important of cultures
>>
>>332724576
Oh please stop
It was pretty good
>>
>>332742729
Man that's exactly what I was talking about, seriously the biggest load of horseshit I've seen. I actually thought I might have memory loss because I couldn't remember any of that being touched on. It's like they think we're stupid or something. Whatever the draft was with Huey acting as Ishmael had to be a thousand times better than what we got because I'm convinced that's what the writer guy was remembering.
>>
One of the cassette tapes in this game is a good example for why it's better to leave some thing's mysterious instead of explaining some things.
>Cobra Unit is a supernatural bad ass unit that won ww2
>cassette tapes explain that their bizarre powers were the result of PARASITES and nothing more
I can't look at the cobra unit the same way again.
>>
>>332744775
The writer guy was SORT of onto something. It is sort of at the heart of the game. You go into these warzones and you pillage everything. It's what you do in a video game. It's what the game forces you to do to upgrade your guns just so you can do enough damage against the few bosses the game has. Unfortunately it is just there in the background. It isn't clever or anything. It's just there in the background and is entirely meaningless, so meaningless players won't even bat an eyelid while doing it (but that's why it's smart right? You're playing the bad guy!).

The game does touch on proxy armies fighting wars for larger countries too, but MGS4 already did this and it did it much better. The game doesn't even have the AI to have two opposing factions fight each other dynamically like MGS4 so you can't even feel like you're in the thick of it a conflict. The world is just a dead barren wasteland full of fuel containers to fulton. Who else is gonna fucking use it?
>>
File: 1459273662323.jpg (227 KB, 801x757) Image search: [Google]
1459273662323.jpg
227 KB, 801x757
>>332744784

>NANOMACHINES
>PARASITES

Why does he keep doing stupid shit like this?
>>
>>332724576
the story definitely isn't the strong point of this game. for example i still don't get why miller got pissed and quit outer heaven. quiet makes no sense and is completely irrelevant to the MG plot. i'd like to know what happened to liquid after too. (i watched the video of the missing chapter)
>>
>>332738678
Blasphemy!
>>
>>332742983
It predicted a lot of how the internet would come to be as well as a lot of the modern ways that information is controlled. For a game that started development in the late 90s to be so accurate is pretty impressive if you ask me.
>>
I still think it's a fantastic game and you're all overreacting faggots. The biggest crime is we won't get more dlc for the main game and that it is the last entry, you all had expectations too high I think. We got what we saw you can stop crying about how you were "lied" to and how konami and friends raped your family. The game is really great on many fronts and even 130 hours in I didn't do everything possible. Bitches gonna bitch honestly.
>>
>>332735926
That cassette tape was tense as fuck though, pleb.
>>
>>332744784
PARASITES didn't have anything to do with the best Cobra, Anon.
>>
File: 1433197390500.gif (421 KB, 221x200) Image search: [Google]
1433197390500.gif
421 KB, 221x200
>>332745242
itslike George lucas where he wants to have world building and depth to everything but it ruins it. Its just METACLORINS but kojimafied.
>>
File: 1455666230542.jpg (71 KB, 599x405) Image search: [Google]
1455666230542.jpg
71 KB, 599x405
>it's a MGSV is bad episode
>>
File: D1nMshw.png (38 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
D1nMshw.png
38 KB, 900x900
>>332746376
>>
>>332746521
The irony
>>
File: 1454167038004.png (178 KB, 651x434) Image search: [Google]
1454167038004.png
178 KB, 651x434
>>332726161
>TPP actually contained pretty much everything the trailers sold.
Exactly the problem. Trailers are like the promise for what is to come. Instead they were literally sll there was. Imagine coming to a movie based off a 3 minute trailer, and whst you watxh in theatres is in fact.. That 3 minute trailer. Fucking mind boggling.
>>
>>332745586
>expectations too high
>literally just expected it to be as good as the usual MGS console title
Piss off. And if Kojima wanted to run a campaign hyping people to hell and back then he can deal with the backlash when it's not even close to GOTY.
>>
>>332746737
A good amount was in the trailers but that still doesn't reflect poorly on the game at all really. I don't see why it would, if you didn't want anything to be shown at all you should have been avoiding every trailer.
>>
>>332746785
It is as good a the usual MGS it's just you retards can't handle the fact it went in a new direction.

>not even close to GOTY

t. Anon 332746785

You are a vocal minority
>>
>>332735938
It's literally unfinished, you fucking spaz.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.