[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I actually liked this any chances of a sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 19
File: latest[1].jpg (814 KB, 1000x895) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
814 KB, 1000x895
>tfw I actually liked this

any chances of a sequel?
>>
well dark dawn had no chance of ever existing so I guess so. Maybe the sequel could be good as it would have an actual story.
>>
>>332721685
I wouldn't trust Camelot now. Let Golden Sun rest in peace.
>>
>>332721813
for me GS2 was better than GS1 and GS1 was a set up for 2

I'm hoping DD is like that for a potential 4

>>332721879
not with that cliffhanger i'm not
>>
There better be a sequel cause that shit needs a conclusion.
>>
>>332721972
But golden sun had story development. It ended with the lighting of the second lighthouse along with some revelations that were important for the perspective change in lost age.

In dark dawn you find a feather
>>
Do people not like this?
>>
>>332722114
yeah for the first half
>>
>>332722014
I couldn't force myself through the first part of the game, should I ? I just hated how similar they made everything. Plus it was boring
>>
>>332722128
I got 5 copies for under 4 dollars Canadian at an eb games once so you tell me.
>>
>>332722128
Whether or not you had fun with it, it was bad
>>
>>332721972
GS 2 is definitely the best in the series.
>>
>>332722128
many people like it but consider it as the worst in the series like DaS2

but of course this is /v/, if something is a bit worse it's straight shit

>>332722173
I liked the second half more, the dungeons were better for me and there is some challenge (final boss, optional 4 dungeons which are also great)
>>
Is there an easier rpg? I literally never gameovered until the boss.
>>
File: 1436746720125.png (87 KB, 242x206) Image search: [Google]
1436746720125.png
87 KB, 242x206
>tfw we will never go to the moon and see the Anemos and find Sheba's parents
>tfw we will never figure out what happened to Piers and how he dealt with Lemuria's demise despite his heroic efforts
>tfw we will never find out what Felix has been doing since Lost Age
>>
>>332721685
the story was so generic I had to stop playing it after 3 hours.
>>
>>332721685
never ever. I loved it .
>>
>>332721685
It's not a bad game. But it added bullshit the previous two games didn't have. They even added a character that were almost as useless as Piers.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (59 KB, 647x955) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
59 KB, 647x955
>not even a fucking trophy for GS in smash 4

>>332722574
only bullshit was point of no returns
>>
>>332722308
I think it was balanced around not having all possible djinn. This might be reasonable if they weren't so easy to find. Maybe I'll try it with minimal djinn sometime
>>
>>332722659
That's the bullshit I meant.
>>
So who will be the first to make bank on making a Spiritual successor for the PC of Golden Sun?
>>
File: 1451850286590.jpg (79 KB, 870x577) Image search: [Google]
1451850286590.jpg
79 KB, 870x577
>>332721685
I liked too. But it was a failure from the get go, and then Hans spoke.
>>
>>332723197
you can't really make a spiritual successor without it coming off as a rip off since GS is pretty unique
>>
File: 1428121532002.gif (2 MB, 254x275) Image search: [Google]
1428121532002.gif
2 MB, 254x275
>>332723304
>you can't really make a spiritual successor without it coming off as a rip off since GS is pretty unique
>without it coming off as a rip off since GS is pretty unique
>since GS is pretty unique
>GS is pretty unique
>>
>>332723472
name a game that has something similar to djinn

closes I can think of is espers in 6 but even then it's super limited

oh top of that, you have synergy puzzles
>>
>>332723561
>RPG
>puzzles
>something that essentially boils down to an equippable class
Can't be too hard to make something similar with those 3 elements.
>>
>>332724160
you didn't answer my statement
>>
File: you trying to be funny.png (432 KB, 413x472) Image search: [Google]
you trying to be funny.png
432 KB, 413x472
>>332721685
No way in hell, and here's some of the reasons why people hate it, because people don't seem to see why

>Story is bonkers
>They make shit up as they go
>New locations come from fucking nowhere
>Saturos and Menardi 3.0 are a mixed bag
>Kraden
>Almost none of the original cast help you out, and you KNOW they're in the game. No, a few moments are meaningless when they could be saving the world again
>The characters are even more bland, save for maybe two of them
>Briggs dies
>Points of no return for several Djinn, meaning you have to replay the game if you miss them
>The game is easier than GS1 and 2, and I didn't think that was possible
>Battles take longer despite the previous statement fact
>A lot of Djinn designs look stupid even if they make sense
>Optional bosses aren't hard
>The second half was even more bonkers
>The story forgets itself at some point for a new one
>Almost nothing new was added to the battle system, and whatever is new is either useless or broken beyond belief
>Some psynergy spells on the field serve no purpose because it always exists in a different element
>Himi, and don't defend how sloppy she was forced into the game, even if she did have a purpose
and the grand daddy of fuck you's
>GS1 and 2's entire journey and conclusion seems to have only made the world worse
that right there makes the first two games seem like you're accomplishing nothing. Even if the world was fucked either way, the journey feels pointless now

at least Alex was still Alex and Eoleo being a playable character was kinda neat.

This game had too many flaws to make it a great game. It's average at best, but at least it isn't an entirely bad game.

Oh, and Dullahan was easy without using exploits. That's downright dumb
>>
File: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.gif (875 KB, 245x207) Image search: [Google]
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.gif
875 KB, 245x207
>>332721685
It was alright. If it let you backtrack instead of permalocking you out of chunks of the map, then I'd feel more incline to replay it. I did like how the weapons the characters held were the actual weapons and not a generic sprite.

Speaking of, GS is just a treasure trove of weapons and gear. Anyone have any favorite weapons or gear?

>Gaia Blade
>Giant Axe
>Sagtarius Bow
>Warrior's Helm
>Spiked Armor
>Zol Gear
>Umbra Gear
>>
>>332724346
I don't care, I just need to punch Alex's smug cunt face in

I've been waiting 3 games for this, the sequel can be the worst game ever made and I wouldn't care as long as I got to fuck over Alex
>>
>>332723561
Not him but I'd say Final Fantasy 8 and Tales of Eternia treat summons pretty similarly. Final Fantasy 12 kinda too.

Tough I disagree anyway, I think Djinns aren't really an important part because in the end the majority of players will just equip every djinns of an element to the corresponding character and go through most boss fights spamming djinns. The whole class-system wasn't really used by most players and that's mostly because the game was too easy and thus not necessary. I think the synergy puzzles are a lot more important because every players had to go through them and they changed a lot through the game because you gained new synergies and the puzzles used them (As opposed to battles were more djinns just meant more stats and djinn spams, not really new ways to fight). And sure puzzles exists in other RPGs but the difference is that in Golden Sun, you gained new tools to play with puzzles as you progressed (Through the story, leveling, or rarely djinns) while other RPGs treat puzzles as a "fix" thing (For exemple a block pushing puzzle can be done at any part of the game because it doesn't require any special abilities from the character).
>>
>>332724656
ah yes, the one thing I was hoping for through Dark Dawn. Just fighting Alex. Maybe winning. slashing him somewhere. Punching him in the face? Making him realize he's actually weak?

That little shit has been manipulating everyone so much, I was just WAITING for a boss battle with him, and it never happened.

If GS4 ever comes out, he better be the final boss, and he better be hard as shit. I want to feel GOOD when I take him down
>>
>>332724160
You can't boil djinn down. they each have usable skills that cost temporary stat loss and class changes but also are a resource for burst damage via summons.
>>
>>332724656
>>332724940
Alex did nothing wrong
>>
>>332725181
Well, I admit I'd climb up to the top of Mt. Aleph if I knew it'd get me immortality too
>>
>>332725385
He's not even immortal. Yeah, he as well as Issac's gang became immensely strong and age at like a tenth the normal rate, but he's not completely godlike like he wanted.
>>
>>332724920
>the majority of players will just equip every djinns of an element to the corresponding character

this is the most boring way to play GS

the abilities for mixed djinns are fun as fuck
>>
File: 200% Glad.jpg (108 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
200% Glad.jpg
108 KB, 497x732
>>332726876
>played The Lost Age a month ago
>mix classes with Djinn
Holy shit, that made replaying this game so much better. Not using Djinn and just changing classes really mixes things up.
>>
>>332722173
It's awful and broken. You get a character with an ability that keeps all bosses from lasting for more than 2-3 turns, and i didn't grind or overlevel or anything.
>>
>>332722714
I barely collected any djinn, it's just pissy easy and not well balanced. That's why the last area is such a farm zone handing out free lifewaters
I was literally able to jump 15 levels in an hour there.
>>
>>332723561
The synergy puzzles aren't really that special in the end. There's lots of rpgs with block pushing puzzles and making bridges out of logs, they just don't use magic to complete them.
>>
>>332724346
>>>GS1 and 2's entire journey and conclusion seems to have only made the world worse
The planet was eroding away in 1.
>>
>>332726876
>this is the most boring way to play GS
Is it also the simplest and is effective for the whole game. The problem is the game, not the players.
>>
>>332721685
it's not bad, it's just not as good as the first 2

it was 7 tears between gs2 and dark dawn and this will only be the 6th year since dark dawn was released so maybe next year.
>>
My only grip with this game is the sudden joining of the final two party members; the pirate guy and the princess with the third eye. They were literally only added so the party could be eight.

We had no time at all to become sympathetic towards them.
>>
File: Sveta!.png (353 KB, 900x805) Image search: [Google]
Sveta!.png
353 KB, 900x805
Game was fun, music was great, Sveta was cute soft and fuzzy
>>
File: Img_harumani.jpg (101 KB, 650x1100) Image search: [Google]
Img_harumani.jpg
101 KB, 650x1100
I liked Amiti.
>>
>>332729037
Well the second fire party member guy was in the first 2 games. So thats a nice cameo to have at least.
>>
>>332722128
I didn't think it was awful but it was objectively inferior to the first too. The plot was shoehorned in and the characters were pretty bad. Gameplay was about the same though the puzzles were a bit more trivial.

It's really because of the fact that the gameplay was largely unchanged that I don't consider Dark Dawn completely terrible.
>>
File: 1459201153529.jpg (188 KB, 1080x730) Image search: [Google]
1459201153529.jpg
188 KB, 1080x730
I think all three games in the Golden Sun series are perfect examples of "It doesn't matter how hard the game is (or in this case; how easy); it's still a good game because you it's ____fun____."
>>
>>332724346
>>Himi, and don't defend how sloppy she was forced into the game, even if she did have a purpose

But she was cute!
>>
>>332725640

> Yeah, he as well as Issac's gang became immensely strong and age at like a tenth the normal rate

Eh? Felix and co. only got exposed to the Mars Lighthouse burst. Alex was in ground zero of the GS. Alex is nigh ageless.
>>
>>332729549
GS2 can be pretty fucking hard at times, and it's the best one
>>
> Everyone wants Isaac to be in smash
> Not the true hero of the games, Felix

Why
>>
>>332722128
It was super bland compared to the original two.
Basically this>>332729523
>>
>>332729849
iktf, fuck isaac
>>
>>332724346
That sums it up pretty well. After the first two games, we still had some questions open for discussion such as
>How do Sol and Luna fit into all this psynergy
>Where does Sheba come from
>The fuck will happen to Alex
So naturally, you're looking forward to dd, hoping it'll answer these questions.
But fucking no. The only information it drops come in the beginning of the game iirc, where it tells you about Luna adepts from new kingdom, flying in a ship through the sky. We don't see another light house, Alex, previous characters explain anything or learn ANYTHING about the new world. On top of that, it has these gameplay problems, which make you think, Camelot didn't even try when they developed this game.
>>
>>332729275
I did to.
Honestly, the only characters I didn't really like that I can remember were Reif and Tyrell.
>>
>>332728105

>completely missing the point of the entire series
>>
File: image.png (524 KB, 703x828) Image search: [Google]
image.png
524 KB, 703x828
>>332721685
I hate you....I really hate you. DD was the biggest steaming pile of fucking garbage that could have ever happened to the GS universe.

I hope they reboot the series and retcon all the bullshit that happened in the first two games.

Put that shit on the NX or whatever handheld thingamajig Nintenshit comes out with
But seriously OP suck my dick
>>
Rocks:
Aqua Rock>Gaia Rock>Magma Rock>Air Rock

Lighthouses:
Mars>Jupiter(post-reunion)>Venus>Mercury>Jupiter(pre-reunion)
>>
>>332729275
He was a good unit. I honestly like him more than Piers from a gameplay perspective.

He's pretty good at dealing damage, had a good balance offensive and healing Psynergy, and he actually had the MP to make Diamond Dust/Berg a valid option.
>>
>>332730572
DD set up the world really well after the golden sun awakening, the problem is it didn't do jack shit but set up more questions and cliffhangers
>>
>>332729849
Why not make Felix an alt like Fem Robin and Corrin?
>>
>>332726876
it is like people never discovered half the fun classes.

>using djinn never ever because you'll lose warlord / samurai class etc.
>>
>>332731005
Weren't major landmarks completely moved to different areas of the continent?

If memory serves, they mention that Kalinka Forest was forcibly moved across the continent as a result of the Golden Sun.
>>
>>332729168
>>
>>332731273
yes, the entire world changed and I think that's cool. Stuff like the werewolves being fused with their night/day time appearances is good world building
>>
File: Mr Krabs 2.jpg (35 KB, 680x464) Image search: [Google]
Mr Krabs 2.jpg
35 KB, 680x464
>>332731376
>Skin
>>
>>332731403
>We could've gotten Garoh for our designated furry town
>All that speculation about Sveta being from New Garoh because "muh werewolf muh wind adept"
>Instead we got some whole new OC town of furries
Fucking fuck.
>>
>>332731376
There goes the thread.
>>
>>332731376
Am I the only one who ships Matthew and Sveta? The finale at that Eclipse Cannon kinda sets that sorta thing up.
>>
>>332731078
That would be cool but probably wouldn't happen. Their outfits are vastly different for one and their in game stances are different as well. A big thing about alts is keeping the design/silhouette very similar and they're just way too different to merge into one character. It'd have to be something like Marth/Roy/Lucina but the series isn't popular enough to have two characters that are clones.
>>
>>332721685
What the fuck is that anon?
Is that a fan game?
>>
Why don't we know what Felix and Sheba are doing?

Did they fug?

Who did Garret fug? Where the hell is Mia?

Fuck Dork Dawn.
>>
>>332731925
Nope.
>>
File: GSAlex.jpg (73 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GSAlex.jpg
73 KB, 1920x1080
>>332729275
I wish they had left the relation here up to speculation, instead of doing everything short of just saying it.
>>
>>332732040

Then have only Felix :^)
>>
>>332732251
>You're from Ayuthay? Cool! I got some sweet poon there once.
>>
>>332721685
I wish OP while I think DD was the worst of the Golden Sun games I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>332732142
I'm sure they were saving that for the second game, and they probably gonna do a DD prequal with Alex to elaborate on other things like Amiti's mom.
>>
>>332729807
I'm trying to think of some stuff that was hard but I can't.
>>
>We get the best GS game ever
>It solves all questions
>but Alex escapes unscathed again
Would you rage?
>>
>>332732879
poseidon?
final boss?
dullahan?
star magician?

there is a hard mode too
>>
File: ...ok.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
...ok.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>332732974
>Alex escapes
>He sets up for another game after the credits roll
>>
File: yama.jpg (44 KB, 529x496) Image search: [Google]
yama.jpg
44 KB, 529x496
>that feel when you got your tiny mind shattered when you first played golden sun on the gba

what a marvel that game was
>>
>>332732772

Or

> DD is spilt into 3 books/plotlines

> Isaac and co. along with Matthew et al deal with Alex
> Felix and Sheba fuck around on Anemos via Ivan's Loftwing investigating the psynergy voids.
> Tie Alex to the voids for plotline 3

And I made a better story in 30 seconds then Camlot did in months.

Shitlot shown no interest in answering what the voids were when they were AWOL for 2/3s of the game.
>>
File: 7ifpqpS[2].jpg (46 KB, 400x340) Image search: [Google]
7ifpqpS[2].jpg
46 KB, 400x340
>old one warns that the world will be destroyed if you don't stop saturos/menardi from lighting the light houses
>select no
>ok
>game over

>end of GS2
>lighthouses lit
>the world is actually destroyed, but rebuilt

well played camelot

I wonder how GS would be received if it was how it was originally supposed to be without hardware limitations, GS1+2 on one game. Would the GS series be much bigger now?
>>
>Mia's daughter is a turbo slut

Wish she was playable though.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.