[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the worst thing happened to videogames since PDP?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: Twitch-logo.jpg (32 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Twitch-logo.jpg
32 KB, 600x338
Is this the worst thing happened to videogames since PDP?
>>
>>332721135
that's not zoe quinn OP
>>
>>332721428
OP said with videogames not twitter
>>
It was cool at first, but now twitch fags are extremely annoying

I miss the simple times when people I watched would stream on Ustream for the fuck of it once or twice a week

I'm fucking glad that big streamers go in cycles. Look at eatmydiction1, he was on top of twitch, now nigger has like 20 viewers.
>>
>>332721135
I was just now looking at the app on the playstation and checked in on a few streams.

What insufferable faggots these people are. There's thousands of them, all trying to earn money? Get attention? Some of these people have greenscreens?

What the fuck is wrong with people? I used to pop in occasionally on some channers do this a few years ago and it was OK because the chat was small and funny, but this shit... Is the whole Internet reddit now?

I don't even... I hate these people.
>>
Russians and cum dumpsters everywhere.
>>
>>332722923
the worst thing is the gap between big and small channels
There are HUGE channels that are all irredeemable annoying faggot shills
And then there are poor guys with 0-10 viewers who dont have a mic nor skill in the game
Medium channels just dont exist.
Also, viewbotting is ridiculous and Twitch is OK with it
>>
File: 1440788224206.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1440788224206.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
I think it's fine, but of course /v/ hipster contrarians mentality won't like it
>>
>>332721135
The Gaming Economy...

Video games...

Video games have changed.
>>
It's funny because twitch is literally 4chan.
>>
File: doa.jpg (270 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
doa.jpg
270 KB, 1600x900
>>332723470
Get out, kid.
>>
I like the idea of twitch. I would enjoy to play video games and have people watch me, and I enjoy watching people play games sometimes too.

The problem is how twitch turned into this monster where people whore themselves out for views and have annoying donation sounds and face cams and all that bullshit, and there's no room for anyone who isn't a camslut or plays the big 3-4 games that everyone wants to watch.
>>
>>332721135
I can't imagine anyone but a hipster tryhard making this thread.

People see channels like Linkin or whoever the fuck with 20k viewers and obviously a lot of kids, sweat and go in a panic to be contrarian as possible because they can't think for themselves. There are a ton of small time and comfy streamers worth watching.

10 bucks you can't even articulately state why you think it's bad in the first place.
>>
>>332723328
Wait they have bots too?

>>332723498
There are people playing d&d on there too apparently.

>>332723328
Yeah I'm looking at the top people, I just don't get it. These people don't have to work... Makes me pray for another crash
>>
>>332721623
Well Twitter wasn't exactly good for vidya either.
>>
>>332723796
almost every channel with more than 1000 viewers is guarantee to have viewbots
>>
I enjoyed it more when it was on uStream and jtv and people were doing it just to share gaming. Now it's primarily people trying to make money and it's not interesting at all to watch.
>>
>>332723664
>if you don't parrot the same shit we do, you are not allowed on our secrit clob
nah kid
>>
>>332723796
Video games won't ever "crash" again. Please stop buying into this meme. It's like hoping for a movies "crash"
>>
File: 1449772386795.jpg (72 KB, 956x960) Image search: [Google]
1449772386795.jpg
72 KB, 956x960
>>332724037
I hope that too.. You can't take away my hopes and dreams.
>>
Nope, weebs were killing vidya decades ago. Then CoD kiddies to an extent after that.
>>
Who owns twitch? Why does it have the stench of someone like yahoo or some giant eating up start ups?

>>332723923
Yeah what happened to those two? Justin TV with team spooky and /v/ and /tv/ streams.

Miss those days getting drunk anons on yubostream and watching mxc.
>>
>>332724649
team spooky still exists, amazon owns twitch
>>
>>332724768
Oh amazon huh? Team spooky is surprising I figured Capcom would push him out and appoint their own broadcast. That's good too hear.

*yunostream
>>
>>332721135
Not sure if should shill in this thread or not. Twitch brings a lot of tournaments and in many situations really good players into the spot light. That is awesome. The super XD shout outs and notifications are generally shit.

Some people still just like to stream, we are the guys with 1-2 viewers who, enjoy video games.
>>
>>332724649
uStream is still active. I was watching Murata draw One Punch Man the other night.

jtv split into general streaming and gaming streams, they closed the general stuff and the gaming section rebranded into twitch
>>
>>332723984
>wah wah contrarians
>i wont parrot the same shit you do!

lol
>>
professional streamers make me sick. they all seem like terrible people.
>>
>>332722923
I actually met a twitch streamer recently , I hated the bitch on sight even before finding out , probably the most annoying person I've ever met ; short hair , would not stop talking about herself and patronizing everyone over even the most trivial shit
>>
>>332726631
Having 20,000+ dregs begging for your attention will make you a cunt like it does with celebrities. They basically become tip whores.
>>
>>332724037
this guys right. there was a crash. a single crash. a long time ago. but its way too fucken popular to ever crash again. ever.
>>
>women that wear low cut tops and accidentally drop things so they have to bend over and pick it up
>>
>>332724037
>vidya is always costing more
>in 5 years vidya will be $150 for average game
i'd almost rather it just die
>>
>>332721135
Pretty much, its a service that preys upon the lonely and sad. Donations sounds, follow notifications, streamers reading out messages are all tuned to appeal to those that are sad individuals. People are willing to pay money to be acknowledged by someone who will forget about you the instant they are done with the sentence they use to mention you.

I think the worst part is publishers are starting to use them for advertising so fair use laws aren't going to be addressed anytime soon. These are people who are profiting off of other peoples work, they are also preying upon a demographic that is easily exploited.

Burn it all down
>>
>>332727730
they cracked down on that shit. its non existent anymore. do you guys even go to twitch? do you pay attention to shit? or are you guys just in your thirties now and cant keep up with "what the kids are doing". Old man syndrome kicking in? should i get off your lawn? You dont mind being left in the dust?

Ok. I'll go enjoy all the new media delivery systems. Including VR. Bye.
>>
>>332728015
>
>They cracked down on you
They absolutely did not. Camwhores exist on every game every page. They "banned" cosplay streams and shit but not cleavage streams. Twitch will never ban cam-whoring, it makes them too much money. Which is why twitch is a cancer company.
>>
>if you havnt made it by now you will never make it
>tfw
>>
>>332728172
Take solace that the bubble will burst eventually and 90% of the current top streamers will die out and the rest will own a monopoly. The youtube/twitch eceleb industrys current roster has another 5 year at most in it before they are officially alienating their userbase completely. New kids aren't going to watch a mid-forties guy talk about videogames and meme.
>>
>>332728138
lol k call every female not wearing 4 layers of clothing and somewhat attrative a whore. Should've known 4chan would come up with a response like that.

Are you saying there aren't attractive men on twitch who get donations based on the way they look also? I know you do cuz you're a faggot.
>>
I'd be pissed if I was a dev getting fuck-all while some faggot streamer was making millions off my work.
>>
>>332728587
Devs are always fucked in the long run, funny thing is publishers for some reason don't seem to understand that they are letting people get away with thousands of dollars a year on this shit. Nintendo is the only rational company around when it comes to this stuff.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.