[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're not one of those people who care if total strangers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: autism.png (81 KB, 644x402) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
81 KB, 644x402
You're not one of those people who care if total strangers cheat in single-player games, are you?
>>
every time i think that someone out there might be cheating their way through a single player game, i just have to scream into a pillow for a while
>>
>>332712605
>playing d2 for the 1000th time
>use waypoint hack in act 3

I'd never use them on a first playthrough though, that's just as retarded as skipping cutscenes.
>>
>>332712932

What do you do when you think there might be someone out there cheating momentarily to get past the one awful part of an otherwise fun game?
>>
>>332713274
I eat a whole raw potato to get my mind off it
>>
>>332712605

>presuming that everyone wants to be called a gamer
>"Ps"
>calling it "the net"
>"yourselve"

What a fuck face.

>>332713216
>that's just as retarded as skipping cutscenes.

Cut scenes should be skipped in most games, because cut scenes in most games are garbage. Have you ever played Painkiller? If you ever do, I recommend immediately skipping the cut scenes on your first playthrough and every subsequent playthrough thereafter. They serve no purpose except to make you cringe at the bad acting, the bad animation, the bad story, and the bad everything else.
>>
I remember a friend actually using cheat engine to get past Magus in Valdis Story and that triggered me at the time
Now I laugh at him but on the moment I was really disappointed
>>
File: ass.png (440 KB, 676x528) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
440 KB, 676x528
I've gotten achievements while blatantly and shamelessly cheating.

I like to point this out on /v/, because there's always the one guy who legitimately gets mad, and responds with something like, "WOW YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS THAT YOU CHEAT FOR THEM, WHAT A LOSER," despite the fact that my cheating demonstrates a lack of caring for everything achievements supposedly represent, revealing at worst a desire to be definitively done with a game without spending more time on it, while this buttmad hypocrite is the one actually caring so much about achievements that he gets upset about how other people unlock them.
>>
I have no problem with using console commands in Bethesda games. Usually to fix bugs of course but I'll increase carryweight if I can't be bothered to manage my inventory.
>>
>>332714504
what games ?
>>332714901
I don't either because Zenimax doesn't care about balance or fair fights
>>
I don't mind single player cheating as long as achievements etc are protected from it.
>>
I don't really care, to be honest. The only thing they are really cheating is themselves.

I mean, I've done my fair share of motherlode cheats in The Sims, but it was always more enjoyable actually saving up for shit instead of making a giant house with everything in it, then immediately quitting afterwards.
>>
>>332714984

Using console commands in Torchlight doesn't disable achievements.

Crimsonland (which is entertaining for a while but ultimately not worth the frustration of beating every level on every difficulty) was my excuse to play around with Cheat Engine.

I also cheated in Ultratron in various ways, mostly by abusing the save feature. The game is basically in hardcore mode by default; you can save and quit, and load your save later, but when you actually die, your save is deleted. But the game doesn't know the difference if you make a copy of the save before that happens.
>>
Nah. Myself actually, i use faqs from time to time, and a lot of people consider those cheating
>>
I'll be indifferent because it's their game and they can do whatever they want if it's not harming me but I wouldn't consider them "beating" the game if it's a singleplayer game and they used cheats but I won't be an ass about it.

If you cheat in a multiplayer game, expect derision and being banned.
>>
Nah. If there is an experience the game is trying to provide through challenge and difficulty and cheats nullify that then it does irk me slightly. But if people are replaying a game or just genuinely would like to play the game with some kind of cheat then whatever makes it the most fun for them.

If they cheat in multiplayer though then fuck them.
>>
File: 1345446188965.png (164 KB, 336x360) Image search: [Google]
1345446188965.png
164 KB, 336x360
Do games even have cheat codes anymore? I remember being super bummed when GTA IV on the 360 didn't have anything. I wanted my cars can fly and civilians have AK cheats.
>>
>>332717146
No, they're DLC at best.
>>
>>332712605
What game were they discussing?

Also why are the Steam Forums overflowing with autism? It's worse than /v/
>>
I cheat and use save editors too.

Normally I play on hard on games and dont cheat, but if there is legitimate bad design i.e. no respec in an rpg, non-guaranteed drops in a singleplayer game (DaS, DD), or some part of the game that is glitched, bugged or just tedious (farming endgame plasma weapons in Long War) then I wont hesitate to cheat them in.

Unless it's my like 3th run of the game and I'm just dicking around, I'll always make sure my character is 'legal' so to speak, i.e. something that I could have built normally, or the items I get could be obtained by normal grinding. Which honestly is more of circumventing bad design then it is cheating IMO.

I don't cheat to win in action games or for achievements cause it feels like I'm cheating myself out of fun.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.