[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patrician best Zelda game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 260px-TWW_US_Box.png (277 KB, 664x957) Image search: [Google]
260px-TWW_US_Box.png
277 KB, 664x957
Patrician best Zelda game.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>332685659
It is the best, so comfy.
>>
fuck no
>>
I'm currently playing this and it's worse then OoT and MM, sorry if this was your first Zelda, I really am.
>>
>>332687237
Correct.

I love sitting back and sailing the seas.
>>
Beautiful, timeless graphics
Fantastic score
Great supporting cast
Unique, fun tone and atmosphere
I fucking love this game
>>
I've never played a 3d Zelda game that wasn't at least kinda fun.
>>
>>332685659
Whats patrician about it? It was made to appeal to little kids
>>
>cel-da

sorry i'm not a little kid who loves cartoons
>>
>>332691043
>not liking cartoons
now anon we all have small penises here theres no need to be ashamed of yours
>>
Explain how WW is better than the two N64 titles. Wind Wake suffers from a rushed final act, too much sailing (remedied in the Wii U version), and most of its islands are rather lacking in substance.
>>
>>332691272
But what if my dick is actually rather large, anon.

Are you just going to call me a liar invariably?
>>
>>332691545
Cozy.
>>
>>332691634
Oh, my bad. Carry on then.
>>
>>332691770
No though. I actually like Wind Waker, and have a respectable canoe.

You have not accounted for my kind and my feelings are hurt.
>>
File: 1454609205620.jpg (146 KB, 580x814) Image search: [Google]
1454609205620.jpg
146 KB, 580x814
>>332691043
Graphics and art style of the game are fantastic. What the problem is is all that bullshit filler and obviously lost content.
>>
>>332685659

Great aesthetic, great exploration to it, beautiful art style.

I think this game does everything well that OoT didn't do well, and vice versa.

Majora's Mask is best though.
>>
>>332692031
It really bugs me that we haven't gotten a Zelda game that really showcases the best elements of the series. I want a game with the pleasantness of Wind Waker, the interesting side content of Majora's Mask, the sword techniques of Twilight Princess (but better utlilized) and the tight world design of most 2d Zeldas.
Zelda U hopes I s'pose.
>>
This game had a really profound effect on me as a kid. It was the first game I played where I really thought that I could go anywhere and do anything. I know that it's really pretty linear, but it did a good job of obfuscating that fact. The feeling I got playing this game is the feeling that every open world game is trying to inspire.
>>
>>332692031
this
>>
>>332685659
It's literally the most plebeian. It's by far the easiest Zelda game of all time, quite possibly the easiest major Nintendo game which is saying something. Also the overworked was shit, there were like 5 islands that actually had shit on them and none of them were interesting at all.
>>
>>332691974
>our new system will make realistic graphics look like shit compared to Xbox and PS2
>I know lets purposely make the graphics shitty and say it was an artistic decision despite adding nothing to the actual game
>>
>>332692497
Dude, that's literally Twilight Princess and OoT.
>>
>>332692497
Twilight Princess had some GOAT dungeon designs, and I'd like to see more like that. It looks like bomb arrows or something similar are making a return, which is great. I'm hoping to see several interesting, unique items like the Sand Rod, Dominion Rod, masks, etc. They have to have lots of utility outside of their dungeons, though.

I'm a sucker for a Triforce-centric plot involving Ganondorf, so I would like to see that as well.
>>
>>332693001
They've aged better then if they went realistic, original wind waker looks better then twilight princess hd.
>>
File: 1402990496949.png (650 KB, 787x680) Image search: [Google]
1402990496949.png
650 KB, 787x680
I recently started replaying twilight princess, I totally thought I would realize I only liked the game as a kid and finally learn it actually sucks like the zelda fanbase says, but it wasn't, it's a fantastic game with the best dungeon design in the series and honestly, a really appealing artstyle that I think still holds up quite well, especially with the HD port or uprezzing on dolphin. there's a lot of item hunting and wierd shit that takes too many steps to do, but that aspect is even worse on the n64 zeldas.
>>
>>332693105
Well, Ocarina of Time is great, but I feel like it shows it's age in a lot of ways (though I haven't tried the 3ds version). Twilight Princess has a lot of great things in it, like adding new combat techniques and making interesting dungeons, but it has some bad pacing and severely underutilized mechanics.
>>332693260
I would love a game that explores the relationship between the hero and Ganon more, since Skyward Sword focused on the hero and Zelda. Having a powerful rival to look forward to throughout a game is always great.
>>
HD version is much better
>>
>>332690816
>not a single mention of anything gameplay related
Doesn't surprise me.

>>332691545
Don't forget cut dungeons.
>oh boy time to get the third goddess pearl
>I wonder what amazing water based dungeon will be in this ocean-based game
>bomb a wall
>jabu-jabu cameo wasted
I was and still am disappointed. Forsaken Fortress was terrible and returning with a sword didn't change that, meaning they doubled the worst dungeon in the game.
>>
>>332688595
You're playing a 13 year old game in 2016
If someone played OoT for the first time in 2010 they'd feel the same way about it
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.