[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Custom Fight Stick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: il_570xN.487668457_iqp8.jpg (64 KB, 570x382) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.487668457_iqp8.jpg
64 KB, 570x382
Gonna make my own fight stick finally. Got some cool ideas and some buddies that wanna help.
Question. Who has the best parts (buttons, stick, etc)?
Any tips for someone making their first stick?

Pic semi related. Some fuck is trying to sell this for 970 usd. Wtf.
>>
>>332676997
Bumping for interest
>>
just buy whatever the pros for your particular game use.
>>
>>332676997
Stick comes down to personal preference same with buttons too you cant really know till you try them yourself.
>>
>>332677559
I rember hearing about a brand that starts with a k?
Heard they were some of the best.
Thiughts on madcatz stuff?

Also playing sf5 and probably tekken when it comes out.
>>
No one has ever gone wrong buying all sanwa parts. You might wanna grab a ps4 pcb due to almost all good fighting games being on ps4. That being said, try using seimitsu parts if you want to really know all the options. Personally, I think sanwas are more reliable due to how plain and responsive they are. Seimitsus take more force and are "heavier" but some people like that. I have sanwas in 3/4 of my sticks and they feel awesome, I mainly play sf, but also do tons of MAME and ps2 and ps1 emulation and theyre perfect for the job.
>>
>>332677940
That was it!
Sanwa.
Thanks bro!
>>
>>332677773
No idea about a brand with a K talking sticks theres seimitsu/sanwa and the korean sticks buttons its seimitsu/sanwa and the gamerfinger buttons I know PR rog like them but ive never tried them.
>>
>>332678250
Hes thinking of Kuro buttons on the newer Hori sticks
probably.
>>
>>332678474
Ah totally forgot about those.
>>
>>332678250
Also even tho Ive heard one or two good things about them, gamerfinger sent their stuff to the EG team (i remember ed and ricki got a set) sometime last year and I havent heard much of them since so I dont know if it was a paid advertisement thing. Just something to think about
>>
Sanwa and Seimitsu are Japanese arcade part manufacturers. They make great quality products and are easily the most popular options. With that popularity means it's easy to find boxes for them and also a lot of existing joysticks it's easy to swap them right in.

If you are going fully custom like making your own box and everything you can look into Myoungshin Fanta which are top of the line Korean parts or Industrias Lorenzo which is a company from Spain that makes old school American style sticks and buttons. Be warned that parts from those two companies do not swap into existing fight sticks, you have to get custom made boxes specifically to fit them.
>>
>>332679315
Right on. Thanks man.
Was definitely gonna make my own box.
Got a really cool idea.

Well honesty you guys were all a great help! Will definitely throw up some pics and such once I build it. Thanks again!
>>
>>332676997
I would strongly suggest looking through slagcoin if you haven't already. Pretty much everything you need to know about arcade stick parts and construction can be found there.
>>
I'm a firm believer that hayabusa sticks are objectively better than sanwas but they're kind of hard to find and cost $10 more anyways
>>
If you haven't bought parts yet, wait till April 2nd. Focuspunch will have all their shit 15% off.

I've been meaning to build a fightstick for a while now, but I can never commit to spending all the money.
>>
>>332680201
I enjoy using my Hayabusa stick but honestly cannot tell the difference between it and my JLF apart from the noise their micro switches make. Maybe I was just lucky but they seem to be readily available from focus attack, arcade shock, and paradise arcade shop.
>>
Made a custom stick with Sanwa parts after my Hori EX2 buttons stopped being responsive just one month in.
The parts are still in perfect condition 8 years later.

That is the only custom brand I have ever tried, though
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.