[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people actually believe this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: pcucks.png (111 KB, 876x888) Image search: [Google]
pcucks.png
111 KB, 876x888
>people actually believe this
>>
VR is going the same way as Kinect.
>>
Remember how $600 USD for a PS3 was justified at one point?

In at most a few years, they'll have much cheaper VR machines.
>>
>>332664382
I didn't know Youtube had stupid people.
>>
>>332664549

>Remember how $600 USD for a PS3 was justified at one point?

No.
>>
>>332664549
>Five thousand nine hundred and ninety nine US dollars.
>>
>>332664382
Tell me, in 10 years, do you really see yourself owning and playing a video game console? How autistic that sounds already?

Gaming on PC is where it's gonna be at
>>
>>332664728
It wasn't much more expensive than a standalone Blu-ray player at the time, and it also played video games.
>>
>Somebody said something stupid in Youtube comments.

Woah....

Nice catch OP.
>>
>>332664382
As long there are idiots there will be keksoles.
>>
>>332664881

>it also played video games

lol
>>
>>332664945
you know cuck is unfiltered now right
>>
>>332665147
Well, it was advertised as also playing video games, at least.
>>
>>332664881
>Shilling this hard

Stop. Please. It's embarrassing. Some hardware from 05, still costs over $100, VR won't be "cheap" for AT LEAST 15 years.
>>
>it will be the end of consoles very soon
He's actually right, but not for the reasons he listed.
New gen consoles are just shitty PCs in fancy boxes. It's only a matter of time before something like Steam Machines (but not as shitty as Steam Machines) will rise up and just put PCs in our living rooms. My guess it's going to be Micro$hit's next move.
>>
>>332665318
$100 is a lot cheaper than $599 USD.
>>
>>332664382
Except there's no chance of that happening by 2017. Moore's law is dead and buried. Pascal's successor probably won't hit till 2018, and Kabby Lake won't be a significant increase at all. Basically the best computer you could make in summer 2016 will be within 4-5% of the best computer you'll be able by the end of 2017.
>>
>>332665546
The point just flew over your head didn't it?
>>
>>332665729
The point was that $100 was the price of Blu-ray devices shortly after PS3's release. Prices for VR devices are going to drop in the same way as they figure out how to make them.
>>
>>332664382
>people take the time to read and capture retarded YouTube comments to post on /v/

If you're truly over 17 you should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>332666020
There has to be a demand for that to happen and right now, I'm willing to bet that VR is a fad like 3D TV. Even if it's not, only a small segment of the game playing population will buy them no matter how much they cost.

Good flight sticks and fight sticks are both still very expensive and the tech has existed for decades now. Not enough people buy them for their price to go down that much.
>>
>He thinks people will buy a PS4 just for VR
>Stating expensive ass games like PC isn't just as bad

Man, PC fags are dumb
>>
>>332664642
Looks like an average /v/ post to me.
>>
>>332666315
That's fair. Low demand would mean slow development, so finding better ways to manufacture the units wouldn't make much progress if the product doesn't sell. At the very least, the products already in play would be cheap due to low demand.

Fight/flight sticks are niche, though. There may not be many people willing to pay for it, but those that will are offering fistfuls.
>>
>>332664382
Seeing how consoles are more and more like a garbage PC with a brand, i don't see how that claim is wrong. Consoles are clearly in their way out.
>>
>>332665662
hardware performance gains have nothing to do with whether or not VR sells enough to incorporate economy of scale. you don't even understand the comment.
>>
VR is literally a hardware meme
10 years from now people will look back and laugh at the gullible idiots who fell for it and shelled out 600 bucks for a practically useless gimmick.
>>
>>332664382
That's the exact same thing they said about Ouya and OnLive.

These people just want to kill the big 3 consoles so badly that they will believe any delusions that they come up with.
>>
>>332665175
Shame.
>>
>>332668152
Requesting that Ouya unboxing video from the guy who regretted his purchase super badly.
>>
>>332669927
not that one, but still good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA
>>
>>332669927
Anyone have a link to the video this anon is talking about?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.