[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: ff-xv-platinum-demo-carbuncle.jpg (56 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ff-xv-platinum-demo-carbuncle.jpg
56 KB, 800x450
So what's the /v/erdict?
>>
>>332663271

Just finished it, and all in all, I'm pretty impressed. Graphically it was beautiful, the weather and time systems were displayed really well. Being shrunk down in the living room felt kinda nostalgic to playing Sarge's Heros, climbing around on toys and tables and such.

Combat felt..unfulfilling? The animations were great, and the attacks you have access to look good, but it just took way too much button mashing to kill the exit boss. Maybe I'm a scrub, I dunno. Might be better when you have your bros onboard.
>>
A disappointment, an expected one
I don't get how people could be deluded by this, it feels like these days people can get tricked by literally anything if you add epic music and a filter on top of it
>>
Graphics and animations were really good but the combat wasn't all that great.
The dodges were unresponsive and the magic aiming was shit.
>>
>>332663636

I played the episode duscae demo and I can't use my PS4 till next week. Did they changed the battle gameplay? I mean...they way you use the weapons to perform combos.
>>
>>332664383
You manually switch weapons now and you can do air combos
Arminger is no longer tied to MP but it has its own gauge now, weapon abilities has been re-assiged to holding down and attacking but it seems only Tempest is present in this demo
Overall the battle system is improved, but you have much less to play with than in Duscae, this one is like really early game stuff
>>
>>332663271

I like it. I think they're going for the combat being more cinematic and while there is a risk that this could make the game too easy, I can also see how it might be more challenging than the average ARPG.

In most ARPG's, one problem is that you end up with a situation where the player just has to keep pressing the attack button repeatedly in order to beat an enemy. Here you kind of just hold down the attack button and the character autolocks, but this lack of control I can see being used to make the game harder, because the character attacks in a smooth fashion at a set rate of speed depending on the weapon they're using, and you can also can't switch back and forth between attacking and defending as fast as you can in a game like Kingdom Hearts, which in that game often led to battles feeling like cheap button mash sessions. Here it feels like they are going for a cinematic experience with fluid animations in the fight sequences but where there might be a little more strategy involved as you have to learn to properly aim spells and items, use the environment to your advantage, know how each weapon will handle (as some weapons will be slower or faster) and know just when to strike because your character will not attack or dodge faster if you keep pressing the button over and over but will attack at the same rate of speed, which will leave him vulnerable to perhaps faster or stronger enemies or might risk him being overwhelmed by large numbers of enemies he just can't kill fast enough.
>>
An actual 0/10. Looks bad, runs bad, plays bad. The holy trinity.
>>
>>332664950
>You manually switch weapons now

That's all I needed to read and I like it.
>>
>>332663271
I liked it. I mean, i didnt try episode duscae but it felt nice to see whats to come when the full game comes out on sept 30th.

The demo is more about the atmosphere and place than combat. You get two weapons and some magic. You get to play as grownup noctis at the end and get to experiment a little bit of the full game with the warp strikes. It was kinda cool to warp strike from a top of the building.

Overall its a good preview plus you get carbuncle dlc for downloading the demo from what i saw on the uncovered stuff.
>>
>>332663271
why does it run so fucking bad?

It literally feels like it drops to single digit frame rates during combat
>>
>>332665447

no it doesn't
>>
>>332664950
Down and attack can also be used to throw the shield.
>>
It's all just production values.

Feels misguided in pretty much every way.
>>
>>332665525
Shield? What shield? How do I get it? i played the whole demo but never got a shield.
>>
File: NUK-VX.png (188 KB, 634x416) Image search: [Google]
NUK-VX.png
188 KB, 634x416
the demo didn't fix the problems I had with Episode Duscae, meaning the framerate and shitty combat

lighting was amazing. Artstyle charming. Music and sound effects amazing.

Not gonna pre-order.

More hyped for P5 because that probably plays well.
>>
>>332663636
chill out you payed shill, don't be so obvious; the game is very expesive and they are throwing money stupidly on animes and movies and shit.

Guess what? it will be a comercial fail
>>
Felt like I was playing Kingdom Hearts.

That's not a good thing.
>>
>>332663271
Liked everything but the combat, I assume it will be more robust since there's a gambit system for your party but who knows.
>>
>>332665705
Why isn't this out yet? It makes me physically ill that I can't play this still.
>>
I am optimistic
>>
>>332665767
dude KH combat is way more responsive that this
>>
Felt like I was playing Kingdom Hearts.

That's a good thing
>>
It´s pretty shit.
>>
>>332665525
Sweet, does it cost MP? If so then it's pretty much confirmed that abilities are still in but with different input
>>332665681
In the tall building, warp to a high point in the middle of it and drop down, there'll be two plates for the shuriken and shield
>>
>>332665681
It's on a platform on building you come out of at the start of the last fight, you have to warp above it and fall down. There's also shuriken weapons on the same platform.
>>
>>332665705
I enjoyed the combat. The framerate definitely needs to improve though. They got 6 months. They better get to it.
>>
>>332665878
yeah, it still costs MP, so does the tempest with the Great Sword. so weapon abilities are still in, just with different inputs.
>>
>>332665720

>I'll call him a shill, that's a good trick
>>
File: yyyy.png (99 KB, 295x151) Image search: [Google]
yyyy.png
99 KB, 295x151
>play Dark Souls / games where roll option is O or B
>try to fight Iron Warrior or whatever his name was
>drop so many balls as I subconsciously try to dodge press O

Aside from that, PS4 graphics were .. okay. Some framerate problems but that's expected. I expected more from the demo, but it was executed well enough. I liked the music, and got a taste of the story. Setting delivered well on that childlike magical sense of wonder.

I'd give the demo an honest 7/10.
>>
>>332665841
Who knows.

Maybe they are fucking up behind the scenes, or giving it some more time in the oven to polish it, or maybe they are looking at FFXV and being reasonable:
>"Okay let's steer clear of that one, cause fuck, we can't compete with those sales, and week 1 sales are EVERYTHING here in Japan"
so now that the release date for FFXV has been officially released, Atlus can come out and give theirs

>>332665921
that's the problem I have with it. They only have 6 months (less than that because it needs to go gold) and there are loads of problems I don't think they even consider fixing
>>
>>332663271
>great light
>PS2 era textures
>aliasing everywhere
>dying frame-rate
>weird controls in battle, weird latency in exploration
>the kid part of the demo is useless
>the battle VS the giant is confused, camera isn't good still it's better to fight without the lock-on

It's a meh.
I think I'm gonna wait a PC release because I doubt they'll reach the visual lvl till September.
>>
>>332663271
Game looked awesome with the interchangeable lighting and weather.
Magic was pretty cool. Meteorain is OP as fuck. Legit 4k+ damage to everything.

I had 500 crystals as the end and I dont think you get anything past unlocking silver plates.
Wish it was longer like the first demo.
Still enjoyed it though
>>
>>332665921
did you play Episode Duscae?

So fucking little has changed in the games performance since that fucking thing dropped last year that I'm losing hope for the final release
>>
framerate worked fine for me. Sounds like /v/ is just being pedantic about it
>>
>>332665447
Honestly never had any frame drops playing on X1
>>
>>332666075

THE FUCKING SAME.

What's wrong with me? it's not like I only played souls/bb in my life.
>>
File: 1371753091794.jpg (38 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1371753091794.jpg
38 KB, 268x265
Honestly, I hope to god there's a fucking higher difficulty setting in the full game that disables holding down attack/defense to have the game play itself and allow me to play the game freely but I doubt it
Plus the shit framerate and downgrading really make me worried how bad the final game will preform and look
>>
Do you guys recommend I get a PS4 tonight in order to play Type-0, the episode duscae demo, and the platinum demo?
>>
>>332666721
no.

none of those are worth it. Seriously. At least get it for Bloodborne or something, but not those.
>>
>>332663271
Looks fairly nice, but plays like shit. When combat is going to be one of the main focuses of the game I expected them to actually put some effort in. 50-80 hours of this shit does not seem appealing at all.
>>
>>332666721
>Type-0
It's on PC senpai.
>>
>>332663271
combos are great
Kid noctis is garbage
will buy
>>
>>332666958
PC version doesn't come with a FFXV demo though (unless did the demo became standalone?)
>>
>>332663271
>Focus on cinematic combat thus taking control away from the player, we get to see them do "cool" things rather than actually being in control of it
Fucked it up from minute one. For all of KH's faults they at least give you player control in an ARPG and its fun to play because of it. This games combat is glorified qtes.
>>
>>332666389
Frame rate is a tad more consistent from duscae, but is still sub 30.

The biggest improvement over duscae is that the lighting, shadows, and anti-aliasing seems to be significantly better. Now if they just tune up the frame rate we should be good.
>>
>>332665447
No it doesn't
>>
Is there anway to air dodge other than just warping?
>>
The shrunken down part was ridiculously charming. All in all, it looked great, sounded great, combat can't really be judged fairly yet, but yeah... I'm hyped
>>
How many skills are there? Gambit system seems pointless at this point. Will the characters have different classes and be able to level up?
>>
>>332667342
The multi jumps to the sides and backwars works as a dodge
>>
>>332667083
>For all of KH's faults they at least give you player control in an ARPG and its fun to play because of it.

KH is fun to play to a degree but the game itself lacks that genuine strategy that makes it an RPG. By taking player control away, FFXV at least opens the door for more strategy a la its turn based predecessors.
>>
Is the parry completely random or is there some way to trigger it?
>>
>>332663271
It needs polish still. A lot of the texures I saw looked muddy and unappealing, like the wooden floor for example.

A lot of other things like the lighting and weather were really amazing, though. Music was fantastic, too. Combat feels like it could use a bit more to it, it just doesn't feel interactive and it feels like it does too much for you.

All in all, I'm still excited for the game. I'll most likely bite the bullet and preorder it, even though this demo makes me slightly wary.
>>
>>332667726
>Less control over what you are doing somehow equates to more strategy
Don't even begin to bullshit that this game is going to have any strategy at all with its control scheme and combat system. The only strategy that will come from this is you the player having to cover up for bad design.
>>
>>332667379
it'll at least be better than XII.
>>
>>332663271
jumping away or defending during an aerial combo actually working against attacks needs to be added, than it's perfect.
Right now you need to stop midway in a combo and guess when they will attack.
Jumping back and than still getting grabbed even though you reacted to it is bullshit
>>
>>332667057
Can you even get duscae anymore? I thought that was only with early copies of Type 0
>>
>>332668312
Jumping sideways seems more effective than backwards
>>
>>332668059
>watching trailer
>great music
>poignant scenes
>fun looking combat
>all I notice is blurry rock textures

I'm sure it'll be alright though.
>>
Can't wait to try it out at my friend's house. I'm afraid of what everyone is saying though, how the combat is cinematic and you don't feel like you're doing all this cool shit but instead watching it. I'm going in with low expectations.
>>
>>332668083

less control can create more strategy because unlike Kingdom Hearts, you're not going to win based on how many times in two seconds you can repeatedly press the attack button. Here, it doesn't feel like there's any less a lack of control than a turn based RPG, and there's certainly more control than a turn based game. That automatically makes it more strategic than any Kingdom Hearts games, which are less of RPG's than the current Fallout games.
>>
>>332668312
so it's not like bayonetta?
maybe they'll patch it.
>>
>>332668389
apparently the demo stopped allowing downloads 11 days ago anyway
>>
Not enough combat.

The final arena should've provided some of those small tiger things and/or the goblins to play with.

As for input on the combat itself, What's there is pretty good. Just need to refine it a bit more. Make it more "snappier" I guess. And not make counters so fucking obvious and obnoxious. No need for the red garish alerts in the middle of a screen.
>>
The combat felt too simple because of the limited options we had as solo Noctis with few weapons and skills.

But I can see what they are going for, and I think the combat will be way more rewarding in the main game.
>>
>>332663271
There is no way FF XV will sell 10 million on ps4 alone. We all know dudebros on xbone won't buy more like 1 million and pc is a fucking joke and pcuck don't buy games. Square is in deep shit - they are releasing multiplatform game and has to count on sales on single exclusively platform... They are screwed as fuck.
>>
>>332668735
We'll see when the game comes out, episode Duscae and this don't paint a picture of anything different than shit combat with zero depth.
>>
>>332663271
putting a cat dong over a fenned forehead is the laziest, shittiest attempt at designing a monster I've ever seen.
>>
>>332666721
You can't get the duscea demo anymore, all codes are expired as of yesterday
>>
File: Platinum-Demo-FF-XV-8-600x338.jpg (51 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Platinum-Demo-FF-XV-8-600x338.jpg
51 KB, 600x338
How did you named your dream buddy, /v/?
>>
>>332668735
>I played KH on easy mode and think I know how the combat works
>>
>>332669885
Larry
>>
>>332669885
Carbuncle.

Yeah thats how much I give a fuck.
>>
>>332665447
See you exaggerated too much and it took away from your valid point. The game runs like shit, but it doesn't drop to single digits.
>>
>>332669941

>KH
>having any mode that isn't easy mode
>>
>>332669885
I usually don't like renaming summons, so I might just go with Carbuncle, but it seems like SE really wants you to make a unique name for it, so I'll probably name it after my cat.
>>
>>332668453
took me around 5 fights to get used to the battle system. It is definitley better than it seems at first.
>>
I miss Duscae's battle system. Defending/Dodging in this demo is bad.
>>
>>332670242
You probably couldn't even get off Destiny Island on critical mode.
>>
File: 1459255530990.jpg (27 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
1459255530990.jpg
27 KB, 636x636
>mfw 999 crystal doesn't unlock anything
Hard to say if the combat system improved or not, since little noctis has no combat options at all and teenage noctis is alone without his party memer, pretty much no spell, skills and only one big enemy
They should've just used the Nilfhiem room from the gameplay as a demo
>>
I thought everything was great but the combat

Why does it feel so sluggish and unresponsive?
>>
9/10 shota
>>
>Hold down square for autoattacks

What the fuck

If it weren't for particles I'd say that the game looks like a PS3 title

Framerate is a fucking joke

Music is really impressive

Aesthetics are cool
>>
>>332672317
>Hold down square for autoattacks

What. Were you expecting an Action RPG with Combos? You can play Star Ocean 5 in summer before FFXV.
>>
>>332672317
doing auto attack on the iron giant will get your shit slapped
>>
Making sick ramps to jump off.
>>
>>332666290
I don't know why people thought Tabata was the saving grace for this game. He's a feature-hound, but responsive controls are all Nomura and the KH team. Type-0 had a fun system to learn to take advantage of, but it was not visceral at all.
>>
I hate that there's fall damage
I understand that you take damage when you fall from the skyscraper, but a plunge from like 2 meters takes away 1/3 of your HP
it condradicts the fucking teleport move
>>
>>332672283
noctis is cute
>>
I didn't like how the movement felt. It felt heavy and light at the same time. Combat was a bit underwhelming.

I'll buy the game when it comes out but my hype dies back in 2012.
>>
>>332672793

>Those shitty hair textures

We have been going with this since FFXIII...when will SE learn to make proper hair withouth those fucking jaggies?
>>
I thought it was pretty enough, the world seems very cool and magical, voice acting from what I heard was more than bearable and that's saying something, not sure how I feel about gameplay changes though. Switching weapons and magic with the d pad is annoying and halts gameplay. Also it just seems clunky but maybe I'm just not good yet, things don't seem to flow well, and I also wasn't sure how to do things properly. The fire magic was fucking OP though.
>>
>>332672523
Nah, you can outdps him with the broadsword which staggers the shit out of him
>>
>>332672624
>I don't know why people thought Tabata was the saving grace for this game.
Are you high? People hate him and are furious that he took over. Only the shills pretend otherwise.
>>
>>332672438
Nah but I still think that the combat should be a little bit less fluid but faster.

Autoattacks are a bad idea.

Never heard of Star Ocean 5, is it worth playing?
>>
Anyone got any Weebums? I missed the shield.
>>
>>332672923
I hate how the spell has a fixed range. If you're a little too far away or too close it will miss
>>
>>332672683
Just do a warp before hitting the ground. Nothing happens
>>
>>332663271

XCX has better combat lol
>>
>>332672525
This looks cool.
>>
Playing the Demo made me wish i was playing a proper KH instead. garbage
>>
>>332666675
They did speak of an alternate gameplay mechanic actually not too long ago.
>>
>>332672896

The textures are good. The problem is aliasing.
>>
The bombs sucked complete dick.
>>
>>332673043
Nope, the shile dis alright, it stuns the golem everytime if you block at the right time
The shuriken are nice though, you can stay in the air forever
>>
>>332673119
>TFW ff currently wouldn't be getting bastardized if it wasn't for the garbage that is kh
>>
File: FUCKTHEPOLICE.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
FUCKTHEPOLICE.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>332672525
Went better than I thought it would.
>>
>>332663271

the blur aliasing and fps were horrible. lighting was impressive.

jumping needs some simple climbing mechanics

combat was bland
>>
>>332673119

KH just removes the heaviness and makes it feel like stupid DBZ game.

What I really want to try is Bloodborne after this. I'm curious how they solve the Action to RPG-stat dilemma.

I wish there was a demo.
>>
>>332673286
Reminds me of Mafia 2 physics
>>
>>332663271
FF15FPS, combat was as deep as kingdom hearts on normal. Music is fantastic though
>>
>>332673286

Delete this!

I'm a FF15 fan and those physics are embarrassing to us :(.
>>
>>332673379
>FF15FPS

kek

>Music is fantastic though

Good taste anon.
>>
No weapon skills
Hopefully they're in the full game otherwise I'll be pissed

And for some reason playing as Small Noctis felt tighter to me
>>
>>332673379
Even if everything else fails, the music will be amazing
Based Shimomura
>>
Controls felt clunky. Graphics were fine. Framerate was bad. Attack and Dodge are on the wrong buttons.
>>
>>332673036

>is it worth playing?

It is if you like action games with combos, arts, magic, open world, waifus, lolis and merging medieval with scifi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6gYEifelNQ
>>
>>332663271
Killed my hype, congratulations Square.
>>
graphics settings & atmosphere were on point

nobody plays final fantasy for the gameplay

now all I need to know is if the story is any good and I'm sold
>>
I am aware of how cheesy of a thing to say this is but the game feels like the people who are making it actually want to make a great game rather than just something that will sell. It feels like the developers are really passionate to make a interesting world.
>>
Is the framerate meant to see so bad or is i my setup somewhow? It makes it almost impossible to play skillfully and dodge when everything is moving at the speed of molasses, there's no flow.

Also, how do you target lamposts to warp to them?
>>
>>332673697
I don't play it for the gameplay, but i will end up hating the game if the gameplay is garbage
>>
>haha epic music
>haha big well know actor and actress
>haha big well know voice actor and voice actress
>haha anime
>haha cgi anime
>wasting all your money on useless crap

This won't make your game good SE. Persona 5 got this easy.
>>
What are the crystals even for?
>>
>>332673342
>>332673119
>>332672438
>>332665705
>FF15
>a game so good that it makes you want to play something else
>>
Combat still seems a bit plain. Looks good. Had more fun with Duscae.
>>
>>332673807
Yeah the framerate is pretty bad everything from 10fps to 30fps
You have to wait a little bit the first time you fight the golem, carbuncle will give you the warp ability. After that either equip the normal sword or the shuriken, you can't warp with the big sword or the shield
>>
>>332665720
Are you really that paranoid that you think a guy has to be paid to like video games? You need help
>>
>>332673638
>combos
>merging medieval with scifi

Is it released yet? If yes I'll go to get it right now, I don't have anything to play.

Also I recognize one of these characters, I've seen her on /v/
>>
>>332673925
They unlock sivler plates and gold plates. Silver are all cars gold are some spells for small noctis and mp refill and spell refill for teenage noctis
>>
>>332674083
Only in Japan
>>
>>332674117
I was hoping I'd get something if I found them all.
>>
>>332674301
Nope, there're only around 350 you can actually collect
You can easily farm 999 in the town part as small noctis from monsters
>>
File: 1458520792116.jpg (68 KB, 969x692) Image search: [Google]
1458520792116.jpg
68 KB, 969x692
>10 minute demo
Also, how the fuck do you defend in this game? I'm holding square but some attacks are undodgeable and noctis doesn't seem to warp fast enough to escape.
>>
>>332673286
I don't know if I can handle this framerate.
>>
>>332674659
There was a perfect dodge in the Duscae demo if you press the button at the right time but it's gone now
>>
>>332674659
defending doesn't cancel attack animations. it's retarded
>>
I enjoyed Duscae a lot more.
>>
File: stuckthelanding.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
stuckthelanding.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>332673286
ROUND 2
>>
File: 1421455926090.png (11 KB, 180x282) Image search: [Google]
1421455926090.png
11 KB, 180x282
I don't into Final Fantasy at all but just played the demo.
It was fun, somewhat nice ideas in there but the gameplay and movement felt pretty stiff

What's up with the combat? Why is it that I'm either just holding Circle to attack or Square to block/evade? It feels so basic, not very engaging and very limiting really. Are there no light/heavy attacks? No variation?
It felt a bit messy too after warping
>>
>>332674770
This
All the systems on their own work, but they just don't work in combination
It's baffling that they made KH2 one of the best ARPG on the PS2 and yet it took them 10 years to release something as bad as this
>>
>MFW I felt like half the demo was a platformer

Is 15 Going to have a lot of platforming then?

Also, farming crystals made me feel like I was back in 2001
>>
I'm impressed by how bad this looks and plays after so much time.

The graphics look blurry and sub 1080p.
>>
>>332674832
Where are you getting these different cars
I only got the truck
>>
the water town setting at night with the rain was comfy as fuck.
>>
>>332674770
Dodging does. Or at least it did in Duscae 2.0.
>>
>>332674770
Wow, that sucks ass. I hope they fix it.
>>
>>332675013
silver plates unlock 100 gems i think
>>
>Are there no light/heavy attacks? No variation?

That seems to come from weapon swapping. But kid form has shit for weapons. When you fight the iron golem you get a fast and slow weapon.
>>
>>332675013
if you collect enough crystals you unlock the silver panels, which give you the faster buggy car
>>
>>332675013
Get enough crystals to unlock the silver plates. They change you into the car.
>>
>>332674659
>some attacks are undodgeable

therein lies the dilemma of true ARPGs

You're given the freedom to be a badass, but still must operate within a predetermined world.
>>
>>332663271
Why the fuck does this game feel like an exact clone of kingdom hearts...?

Seriously does Square really think cloning a games mechanics is going to work for sales? Holy shit this this game fucking sucks I expected nothing and was still disappointed.
>>
>>332663271

after playing episode duscae (combat demo) and platinum (tech demo), i feel comfortable preordering this game.
>>
>>332675201
Kingdom Hearts has better combat and movement though.
>>
>>332675201
It doesn't
Even Kh1 is way better than this and KH2 is trillion miles above anything this game will ever be as far as combat goes
>>
>>332675201
>feel like an exact clone of kingdom hearts...?

It doesn't. If it was an exact clone the gameplay would be good.

As it is even the first KH game had a better Action based combat than this.
>>
File: carbuncle.png (83 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
carbuncle.png
83 KB, 300x300
>>332663271
It was more of a tech demo than giving you a good idea of what the main game will be like.

It was a little charming, but didn't really do much for me.
>>
>>332674837
>Are there no light/heavy attacks? No variation?

i think the variation will come from the selection of items. The broadsword for instance delivered a series of heavy blows that were more spaced out between one another, while the warp sword delivered quick, repeated strikes and allowed you to warp strike. So I think they'll be relying on you being clever in the selection of your weapons and button mapped spells which you have to actually aim to get a good hit.

I think it's promising and I prefer it over most action RPG's style of gameplay so far, but we'll see if they can give you enough different kinds of weapons and spells to make the combat feel diverse.
>>
JUST RELEASE THE FUCKING NILFHEIM DEMO
>>
>>332674659
>but some attacks are undodgeable and noctis doesn't seem to warp fast enough to escape.

The undodgable attacks have huge and very noticeable windups. To avoid the gravity orb, all you have to do is sprint in a straight line away from it as it pulls you in until the attack ends.

>>332674770
You really do not need it to cancel attack animations. I used the slow ass great sword and didn't get hit once.

>>332674837
Once you get used to it, it gets pretty fun.

The long sword can infinitely cancel its own attacks in the air (at the cost of MP) allowing you to stay in the air for quite a while teleporting around the enemy. Dodging with it is pretty tough though, because the Iron Giants hit boxes are so huge.

The shield has perfect blocks that stun when timed correctly.

The Great Sword has a charge attack that you can do by pausing after an attack until just as the sword disappears, and then hitting attack again. Hold it down and it will charge up and potentially do tons of damage. The charge also seems to give you super armor- you dont flinch, but you still take damage. Tapping the stick away from the opponent with the great sword while attacking with it will do the spin attack tempest move.

All of these techniques except for the charge attack cost MP to use.

With 6 months of time to polish it up a bit and the full game to have higher level techniques near the end game should lead to a pretty solid and fun experience.
>>
File: you know im right.png (524 KB, 579x591) Image search: [Google]
you know im right.png
524 KB, 579x591
>>332663271

>v/ trash saying its just a tech demo where you just jump on platform and make thing shapeen
>on break from work so bbot up game
>dat music
>dat platfomring

FUCK ANYONE WHO SAYS THIS ISNT THE VERY DEFINITION OF FUN!

WE HAVE WAITED 10 FUCKING YEARS JUST TO EXPERIENCES THIS FUCKING GAME AND EVEN A SIMPLE DEMO THAT SHOWCASES WHAT THE GAME CAN DO IS FUN AS FUCK FOR MOST OF US!

I AM GLADLY GOING TO REPLAY THIS DEMO OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTILL THE RELEASE DATE CAUSE ITS JUST THAT DAMN SATISFYING!

Pc cucks can fuck off with their delusions cause if it was coming to pc, it would have been one of the 14 special announcements they had yesterday.
>>
>>332675201
>turn based to action RPG
>muh KH
>>
>>332675548
I will buy and enjoy the game
I'm just a little confused that it has been that long and the combat is still far far from perfect
>>
>>332673049

I like that
>>
It looked fucking gorgeous and I think the combat has potential though playing as shota noctis sucked ass compared to normal noctis.

Don't know what everyone is complaining about with frame drops I experienced some meh camera angles but only like 1 minuscule drop on ps4
Short but for someone who hasn't played Duscae it's a nice feel of what the game has to offer
>>
>>332665447
>why does it run so fucking bad?

Because it was obviously a bit rushed. I can almost guarantee that everything you saw apart from Carbuncle were assets taken directly from the main game and slapped together.
>>
>>332675201
the combat felt REALLY bad and sluggish, just right for the kids who just want to hold 1 button and rape everything
>>
>>332675529
Each weapon has special abilities. Broad sword lets you teleport and do aerial combat by inputing a direction between air attacks.

Great sword has a charge attack, Tempest from Episode Duscae, ect.

Shield has perfect block stunning enemies, and dash counters.
>>
File: 124331.jpg (94 KB, 1598x835) Image search: [Google]
124331.jpg
94 KB, 1598x835
Notics is cute, CUTE!
>>
>>332675715
I think it's weird, when i'm in range and i'm locked onto th enemy, the spell should hit the enemy
>>
>>332675548
>Being this much in denial

kek you ffaggots are in for a suprise later this year
>>
>>332669885
carl
>>
File: 1454079368507.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454079368507.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>332669885
Megumin
>>
Why did they release a demo with combat when 90% of the combat options are not available and the party is not avaialble and you can only fight one huge enemy?
They should release the nilfheim gameplay video as a demo
>>
>>332675784

considering you autolock and just hold the attack button with regular weapons, I think adding that aiming with the spells thing could help to make sure things are balanced.
>>
File: 1459253849745.png (38 KB, 245x237) Image search: [Google]
1459253849745.png
38 KB, 245x237
>>332669885
Kyubey
>>
whats the point of collecting crystals?
>>
Why do they release a demo where half of the combat options were hidden? They ask if you want to preorder XV at the end so they obviously see this as a marketing tool. Most people aren't going to fight the giant again or find the Shield and Shuriken, so they're going to think the combat has no options.
>>
>>332676105
Plates
You only need 300 though, to unlock all of them
Even 999 doesn't unlock shit
>>
>>332675939
>Why did they release a demo with combat when 90% of the combat options are not available and the party is not avaialble and you can only fight one huge enemy?

Because see >>332675750
It was obviously just a marketing tool to go along with the anime, movie, etc. announcements to build hype.

It was more a showcase of various assets and effects than anything (seriously they had buttons for showing off weather effects, time of day, vehicles, creatures, etc.) but gave you almost no taste of what the finished game will be like.
Now in all fairness Episode Duscae was released prior and it gave us a general idea, even though it was unfinished.
>>
>>332664950
>weapon abilities has been re-assigned to holding down and attacking

Could you elaborate on that? I hadn't seen them.
>>
>>332676271
But they could've just gone the more easy road and release the nilfheim room
>>
>>332675939
speaking of combat i am at the part where kid noctis encounters these 2 goblin holograms before moving onto the next area.

The cat/dog thing gave me a sword but i cant pull it out.
Anyone know how to use the sword
>>
>>332676349

directional buttons switch weapons

press the center pad on the controller to assign weapons/spells
>>
>>332676349
you have to equip it. Press the touchpad and assign it to a dpad button.
>>
>>332676349
touch pad?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Playing it right now on the ps4, looks like a ps2 remaster, runs at 25-30fps. The music is nice, thats all i can say.
>>
>>332663271
throwing magic sucks
normal fighting is fine
the iron giant had tight windows on the parry/counter combos (i liked it)
the bouncing balls showed off good physics.
the effect of standing under the showering rain was awesome.

Will we be turning into monsters regularly in the normal game. I'm kinda confused about that feature...
>>
I wonder if the PS4k would at least make this shit stable 30
>>
>>332676489
if you think this looked like a ps2 remastered game then you are either trolling dumb or just salty it isn't coming out to pc at launch window.
>>
File: 1372673288457.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1372673288457.png
2 KB, 142x138
>>332675529
>>332675546
I never really got into the intricacies, I didn't know about most of that stuff but it just felt odd holding a button to attack rather than pressing. Both swords seemed to allow warping, but once I did warp I basically just mashed attack again and wasn't really sure what was going on.
It just all felt so automated
>>
I really hope there's a fucking ground and aerial recovery ability in the full game
It's annoying to lay flat on the floor for 5 sceonds everytime you get hit
>>
>this game is so terrible it makes FF13 look good

What went so horribly wrong.
>>
>>332674942
Nomura can make games. Tabata can not.
>>
>>332676509
>Will we be turning into monsters regularly in the normal game. I'm kinda confused about that feature...

I really hope so, that would add all sorts of potential
>>
File: where the fun at.gif (228 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
where the fun at.gif
228 KB, 500x250
>>332676447
>>332676450
>>332676469

Ahhhh thanks anons

>mfw honey i shrunk noctis
>mfw fireworks spell
FUNNN FUNNN FUNNNNN
>>
Graphics not impressive at all, some good landscapes. Combat is utter shit and the game runs with 15 fps.

I simply can't play with that low framerate. It feels horrible, like my eyes are bleeding.
>>
File: ber2.webm (3 MB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
ber2.webm
3 MB, 1280x528
This was horrendous.

Clunky movement, UE3-level visuals, unrelatable weeb character design and shitty combat.

I hope both this game and Persona 5 fail, there is no place for them in today's gaming landscape.

Mass Effect Andromeda and Cyberpunk 2077 will kill JRPGs for good.
>>
>>332676668
I dont know what else to say, it runs and looks a just a bit better than any unreal game on ps3. the textures are shitty, the animations are iffy, seriously i am not kidding this game feeels and looks very bland.

My last gaming pc was in 2007.
>>
At least the big sword still has directional combos
>>
This thread is making me want to play KH2.5 Final Mix since I bought the collection but never played it.
>>
>>332676509
This.
It seems fine once you get used to it but they should have given you a tutorial instead of just throwing you into the iron giant fight.
Took me a couple fights to figure out what was even going on.
Maybe add some goblins in there so you can try it out on easy monsters
>>
File: 1459406639539.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
1459406639539.webm
3 MB, 600x336
>>332676713
>>
>>332663271
Graphics are nice
Combat is shit
25fps
Controls are jank
Physics are fucked on the few things that had physics. Mainly the building blocks
Literally hold O to win. Hold triangle to win for iron giant.
>>
File: xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg (50 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg
50 KB, 355x236
>people think this demo is a 1:1 representation of the final game
>>
>>332676907
Sorry anon, P5 will be GOAT.
>>
>>332674659
you need to time the defend button perfectly to dodge the heavy attacks
>>
File: 1459444486375.jpg (45 KB, 750x264) Image search: [Google]
1459444486375.jpg
45 KB, 750x264
The movement and combat is clunky as all fuck. Hope this is addressed.

Will still buy the game though, playing as chibi Noctis was pretty fun.
>>
File: 1309389831372.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1309389831372.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>>332676907
>Ass Effect
>>
>>332676998
What's that guy's name again?
>>
>>332676708
You dont have to hold the button though, if you press attack it works like any other game.

the only thing "automated" in this game is basic attacks. Doing moves and abilities is still manually done.
>>
It felt like KH but worse mixed with out of place Conker buttons.

Maybe it's because the last JRPG I played was Xenoblade X but those constant invisible walls annoyed me quickly.
>>
File: all out bait.jpg (13 KB, 388x223) Image search: [Google]
all out bait.jpg
13 KB, 388x223
>>332676907
>>
>>332676936
Do it, if you don't care about the story just skip it, but fight all the optional bosses especially the org 13 and lingering will
Best ARPG boses ever created
>>
>>332676509

you can insta-throw magic with hard lock-on
>>
File: 1453148251971.png (9 KB, 579x655) Image search: [Google]
1453148251971.png
9 KB, 579x655
would you fuck a carbuncle /v/?
>>
File: 1459200912693.png (18 KB, 499x555) Image search: [Google]
1459200912693.png
18 KB, 499x555
>>332677167
>>
>>332677089
I suppose, but pressing a button repeatedly when holding has the same effect is a bit useless
What are some of the moves and abilities?
>>
>>332676907
>Mass Effect Andromed

fucking KEK

>Cyberpunk 2077
>coming out

fucking TOP KEK

Such a shitty bait post.
>>
>>332676998
>they will fix it
>>
>>332677130
I've played all the KH games to 100% and I love the story, I just haven't played all the remakes. I've been busy lately but this thread sealed the deal. I'll start it next week.
>>
I just noticed that all the weapons still have directional combos, good to know
The giant sword 720 swing is great
>>
The more I play the demo, the more I think it looks great. Especially the weather/lighting/day/night systems.
>>
File: this misaligns my QPU.jpg (13 KB, 213x300) Image search: [Google]
this misaligns my QPU.jpg
13 KB, 213x300
>can't start attacking when holding the attack button
>have to press it once than keep holding it afterwards for attack chains
>>
>>332665921
With day one patches and all that they have time to fix it.
>>
>>332677035

oh lawd if it comes out on PC I'll buy it again
>>
>>332677243
It was basically a tech demo made for an event to build hype. The demo isn't even a slice from the finished game and it obviously used assets from the main game.
Episode Duscae ran better and that was actually a slice from the main game (although altered) and that was taken from an almost 2 year old build.
>>
Couldn't they have just poached someone from Nier 2 to show them how combat works?
>>
>>332677467
that one spot where you can turn it to pitch darkness and the streetlights all light up.
>>
>>332677587
They also had months till the last demo to fix it
>>
>>332677512

Or you can just tap it. That's what I did.
>>
>>332677467
Nah, it looks likea cross-gen shitshow.

Notice the terrible, oversaturated lighting on the toy vehicles when you move into the sunlight.

The mental gymnastics that some of you are performing to defend this game is hilarious.
>>
>>332677679
I'm pretty sure it's bad on purpose.
>>
>>332677689

The framerate was actually better in Duscae. I think it's because the updated Luminsous build just uses a lot of resources.

If they "fix it", it will result in a graphical downgrade.
>>
Would I enjoy this as a non ff fan?
>>
File: 1459315395996.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459315395996.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>332677415
>find out about directional attacks
>suddenly the combat is way better
>>
>>332677749

>one flaw
>NAH IT'S SHIT

>cross-gen

Shit the fuck up faggot.
>>
>>332677828
>Would I enjoy this as a non ff fan?

The game? That entirely depends on what you didn't like with FF.
>>
>>332665447
I was wondering that but then I haven't played a game sub 60fps in like a year so maybe that's what made it seem extra shit
>>
>>332677749
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>332677828

Yes.
>>
>>332668059
>A lot of the texures

MUHHH TEXTURES!
Pc mentality is cancer
>>
>>332677905
You like modern FF.

You are the faggot.
>>
It kills me that they got rid of turn based combat because it's "archaic", but the bootleg Kingdom Hearts gameplay is even more archaic.

I liked the first demo enough, but this one wasn't very good. I found myself avoiding enemies because the fighting was just no fun. I just want something like 4-10 but with modern graphics.
>>
>>332677934
Never really played them, even ff7 PS I skipped.
>>
>>332678052

Alright.
>>
File: sigh.png (62 KB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
62 KB, 244x244
>normalfag girl on jewbook spamming about FFXV
I thought about making my own thread but then I saw there were like six others and didn't want to clog the board.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (103 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
103 KB, 500x715
It plays like absolute dogshit. I'm not even against the departure from turn-based gameplay, but if you're gonna make it an action RPG then you need tight gameplay and this is far from motherfucking tight.
>>
File: 1458621930764.png (145 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458621930764.png
145 KB, 250x250
I don't think a game has made me smile this much since Threads of Fate on the PS1. I'm hoping for a soundtrack to be honest.

Speaking of that, which bersion is the best to get? I was just going to get it at Gamestop, but digital seems to have more with it. So physical disk or digital?
>>
I just want to play more ASAP.
Please fucking god, This 6 months will be absolute fucking hell
>>
>>332678068

>>>/vr/
>>
>>332678125
>go to normalfags shithole
>people act like normalfags

WOOOOW
>>
>>332678198
Physical.
>>
>>332669885
Cisco
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.