[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best 3D Zelda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (478 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
478 KB, 1049x1500
This is the best 3D Zelda
>>
Said no one ever.
>>
>>332661346
agreed
>>
Shit pacing though
>>
I just dropped 43 hours on it (100%, already had played the original when it came out but never 100%'d it) and the only time I can safely say I had fun was during Snowpeak Ruins. The rest was Zelda: Going Through the Motions.
>>
It has a lot of good moments
>>
windwaker?
>>
>>332661648
>The rest was Zelda: Going Through the Motions.

T-Thanks Aunuma.
>>
I agree. If you're looking at the games objectively it's no contest really.
>>
>>332661346
Its a gud game op but it's not as good as MM or Oot.
>>
>>332661648
Why did you play it for so long if you didnt enjoy 95% of it?
>>
>>332661984
What do you guys think of ALBW?
>>
>>332661346
I'm digging it. A lot more content and better combat than I remember. Better horse controls as well, I'm not hitting walls every few seconds.
>>
>>332661346
It's not even top 3.
>>
>>332661882
Worst 3D Zelda. Least challenging in a series of easy games, lacking in content, so drawn out to get the token 30 hours that it hurts the game, and the worst intro in a series of shit introductions
>>
File: NB3v23m6_400x400.jpg (13 KB, 331x331) Image search: [Google]
NB3v23m6_400x400.jpg
13 KB, 331x331
>>332662408

mfw ur bullshit
>>
File: hellbob.jpg (95 KB, 461x336) Image search: [Google]
hellbob.jpg
95 KB, 461x336
>>332661346

I liked it, but please, the best?
>>
>>332662480
Oh but wait it has a pretty art style! Gotyay, I must have forgot ;))
>>
Mm = oot > ww > Tp
>>
>>332662853
No, that's what you use to make fun of Wind Waker fans.
>>
>>332662993
It's also "comfy"!

Or in other words, "I'm going to overlook every fault because I played it when I was ten!"
>>
File: 5 KB.jpg (3 KB, 117x126) Image search: [Google]
5 KB.jpg
3 KB, 117x126
>>332661346
When this game first came out I remember the disappointment. I also knew the day would come in the Zelda cycle when someone would actually say this. It is a sad day to be sure. Next up will be Skyward Sword. I just hope that the series is dead by the time that day comes.
>>
>>332662926
> ww > tp
kys my man
>>
>>332663148
What's your favourite Zelda?
>>
OoT > WW > MM >= TP > SS

The 2D games shit on them though
>>
>>332663324
>WW better than anything
Wew lad
>>
>>332661976
It's the only Aonuma Zelda where I feel this is the case though. MM, WW and SS all did different things and felt fresh each in its own way, TP was OOT again + wolf transformation which was badly used and very similar to a transformation mask from MM anyway.
>>
>>332663398
top kek!
>>
Best dungeons
Most dungeons
Best companion
Best Combat
Best Link
Best mini bosses
A better Hyrule that Oot
The only downside being the tear of light quests which are very easy to get through especially in the hd version, but they also gave you cool introductions to the areas.

You're right op.
>>
>>332662408
>the worst intro in a series of shit introductions
Nah that's wrong. Twilight Princess is the longest I think but I found Skyward Sword the most offensive because it was just retarded high school anime tier bullshit. At least TP's intro was comfy and a little foreboding.

Seriously the atmosphere in some of the early parts of TP with the misty woods and that as you go to rescue the kid is pretty cool, shame they don't keep it up.
>>
>>332663324
I don't care for the 2D games.
>>
>>332662092
How do you say it? Ah yes, I am a Zelda drone. And it's not like I hate the game, I just find it not fun.
>>
>>332663536
The moveset is better than OOT, but the combat is so easy to the point where nothing matters, in OOT/MM at least you had to look for enemy openings and think about your shield.
>>
Just got up to snowpeak. It's not my favorite zelda but it's way better than I remember
>>
>>332661346
It has by far the best dungeons, but overall it can't reach OoT.
>>
>>332661346
Agreed. The only one who could fight it is Wind Waker.

TP > WW > SS > OoT >>>>>>>>>>> MM
>>
>>332665545
I'd say MM has the best dungeons. probably because there weren't that many so they were more polished. TP definitely has the second best
>>
>>332664961
>in OOT/MM at least you had to look for enemy openings and think about your shield.

No more than in TP.
>>
I'm liking the game, but is it just me or the game has terrible input lag? I've downloaded the game on dolphin yesterday and the lag wasn't there in the GC version...
>>
MM > TP > OoT > WW >>>>>> SS
In terms of my enjoyment from them.
>>
>>332661346
>Dat spoiler on the left
>>
>>332666313
The shield part is true since in TP simply L-targeting brings it up at all times.
>>
3D: tp > oot > ww > mm > June Shannon's wet farts > ss
2D: oos > ooa > la > mc > 1 > 2

Dropped ph after going in that temple for the millionth time. Didn't play st, albw or hyrule warriors yet.
>>
>>332666854
you mean spoilerS, they give away Ganon and what real Midna looks like
>>
>>332666009
Great Bay can suck my arse
>>
bump midna
>>
>>332666313
Not really. Targetting in TP brings up your shield at all times. As long as you're not attacking this blocks just about all non "utterly fuck your shit up" attacks, whereas in OOT/MM had some overhead attacks that you could only block if positioned right.

Also I may be wrong but I feel like enemies are less aggressive in TP.

Combat in general needs to be improved for the next Zelda, but they probably won't do it.
>>
MM> OoT = TP > WW > SS
To be honest, familia.
>>
>>332661346
TP is the only 3d Zelda I didn't feel like finishing because the wolf link parts were just so terrible and boring. The puzzles in the dungeons were great but every time one ended they'd throw another shitty wolf part at you. Its the sonic unleashed of Zelda.
>>
>>332670089
Manual shield blocking hardly added anything to OoT's/MM's combat. It was just as easy to pull off as anything in TP, and even TP at least added a timing element for bouncing back projectiles with the Shield Attack as opposed to just standing there with your shield up in OoT/MM.

I'm not saying TP's combat is amazing or anything, but it's hardly any worse than past Zelda games' combat.
>>
>>332671849
How far did you get? Because after the first three dungeons, the game drops the Tears of Light bullshit.

There's still some parts that require Wolf Link, but at that point you can switch back to human form anytime you want, and you can use Wolf Link to fast travel at any time.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.