[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love arma. I love so much that Arma would definitely be my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: arma.jpg (414 KB, 1024x801) Image search: [Google]
arma.jpg
414 KB, 1024x801
I love arma.
I love so much that Arma would definitely be my favorite military/war themed game...
If it weren't for one thing....

The fucking AI.

The AI NEVER FUCKING LISTENS TO ORDERS.

I don't care about not taking cover. Not using suppression, not rearming. Under fire, be it in Arma 2 or Arma 3, they NEVER "move to" or "Advance." or do anything else.

Please /v/ There needs to be a fix for this. Some forgotten and burried gem of a mod called @forcedorders or some shit.

Save my favorite vidya please-- The mod surely exists... right?
>>
>>332661326

enemy ai is worse since operation flashpoint.
since 10 years they can't improve the fucking ai.
>>
>>332661326
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105

alternatively stop playing with ai teams and play with people
drop steamID
>>
Or you can join a tacticool group.

I was in one couple years ago running 150 man opps. It was a cluster fuck sometimes but all the leaders knew what the fuck they were doing.
>>
File: 1443047450510.jpg (537 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1443047450510.jpg
537 KB, 1440x900
>>332661326

the fuck are you doing, nothing can fix arma ai, it's fundamentally broken and flawed

that's why arma groups exist like broma or facepunch or shacktac or any nine other billion million arma groups that range from casual fuckery to actual military roleplay
>>
>>332661792
>>332661819
I'm aware, and I have. I actually used to run a Zargabad insurgency server last Summer that averaged 20-23 people, and it was a blast.

Still, I like fucking around by myself in mods and missions I can't drag others into.
>>
>>332661326
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25381

This is imo the best AI mod for ArmA 3 so far. I'm still waiting for COSLX to be ported to ArmA 3 though. That would be perfect.
>>
>>332662086
do tell more about your public server venture
currently im trying to figure out how to get the pubbies to come
>>
>>332662402
I've tried Vcom before. It's nice, but not what I'm looking for. All I want is for the AI to haul ass when I tell them to.

>>332662536
It was called Lemon Joe's insurgency or something or other. There's not many insurgency servers to boot, let alone Zargabad. I only got a pop because I had a monopoly on the mission-- a modded version of Zargabad Insurgency 1.50
>>
>>332662727
what mods did you run?
im thinking of running ACE RHS TFAR and mabye ALIVE
>>
>>332663241
Straight vanilla.
>>
>>332663319
On Arma 2, that is.
>>
>>332663950
i thought arma 2 was dead at this point
in any case i just do see any the default medical systems for any of the game is fun to play with
>>
>AI just doesn't listen
christ I know that feel, I went with the 'everything has gone to shit' route in arma 1 and on 4 seperate occasions I was the sole survivor.
>>
>>332664094
shrug
Arma 2 has irrepresible charm in my eyes
Arma 3 doesn't give me the immersions so much, but I couldn't tell you why not
>>
>>332664229
The sad part is that arma 1 has better AI retention than two and three because you can force them into "aware" or "Safe" so that they listen

It's never enough...
>>
>>332664270
arma 2 was fun alright but after the release of 3 most people went to 3
trust me i would have stuck with 2 but getting people to play it with is nearly impossible
>>
>>332664876
I find it to be the opposite. Most of my friends have OA and 2 but not Arma 3, and not only that, but Arma 2 requires less "tax" mods to be fun.
>>
>>332665054
well sounds like have an established bunch there then
i chose to go with my own thing as nobody did what i aimed for; operating without all the bullshit
its been a success so far but manpower is still missing
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.