[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did ranked/competetive modes ruin multiplayer gaming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: badgame.png (131 KB, 588x588) Image search: [Google]
badgame.png
131 KB, 588x588
Did ranked/competetive modes ruin multiplayer gaming?
>>
No.
>>
>>332654102

Nah, competition isn't bad in and of itself.

What's bad is how it's handled and how the people who compete behave.
>>
>>332654102

I think all PvP ruins gaming in general.

Every gaming mode should be against AI (i.e. teaming up with bros against souless dead evil beings).
>>
>>332654102
>GG
GOOBELETY GATERS SHOULD ALL DIE IN A FIRE
>>
Fuck no, you ever try playing on a casual CS server? Despite the fact it isn't even the same gamemode, you'll have 20 retards micspamming and yelling for knife fights every round
>>
>>332654102
no, you did. i hope you're proud of yourself, you piece of shit.
>>
>>332654102
No, the thing that ruins multiplayer the most is a small skill gap.
>>
So glad the option to remove chat in multiplayer was introduced, fucking hate when people instinctively write gg after every match like they fear something bad will happen if they don't.
>>
>>332654102
It ruined communities and it exposes man-children to the world, other than that, I'm cool with competitive shit, it would be even cooler if companies stopped trying to make every online game competitive tho.
>>
Competitive play is still as fun as it was centuries ago. It's one of the few constants in video game land actually.

Just now you have more shitters who don't value it and would rather play flappy birds
>>
>>332654102
No, it's great to easily find a match where people will play seriously and try to go for the objective instead of randomly doing dumb shit.
Of course randomly doing dumb shit is fun sometimes too, but now it's great that that shit is separated.
>>
>>332654262
I'm glad there are no people who ACTUALLY think that PvE is better than PvP
>>
Competitive gaming is okay in general.
Esports are fucking cancer.
>>
File: 1456693934096.jpg (34 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
1456693934096.jpg
34 KB, 300x343
>>332654102
No, you're just letting your anxiety get the best of you. I would know

>used to play ranked gamemodes without a care
>can't even bring myself to queue up now
>>
>>332654102
Only the people who take it too seriously. Like you can lose friends for that shit, and the people who legitimately rage are fucking autists.
>>
>>332654210
This
Handled terribly 99% of the time, which fucks over everyone
>>
>>332654218
ちがう。。。
>>
Yes. I miss when you played for the sake of the game not to make your number go up.
>>
>>332654778
This
>>
>>332655171
I do too
>>
>>332655059
That is really a flaw with the person not the game

the game didn't make them that way they were already that way to begin with
>>
>>332654262
>I think all PvP ruins gaming in general.

Why? In most games AI will never replicate the skill and unpredictability of a human opponent, or the synergy and coordination of a human team (maybe in 10 or so years AI will be smart enough). If you're shit at PvP, I understand, anon.
>>
>>332654218
>>332657421
What is this new meme, not being a weeb makes this faggotry difficult to discipher
>>
>>332657857
Be careful, I just had my post deleted for asking what is going on.
>>
>>332654102
yes. the competitive tryhardness of games is what killed pvp games for me personally.

>wow vanilla
>classes are not balanced all that well but if played right any class can beat any other class, also quit a few expensive/rare items that can help you change the tide of battle against classes that you would have trouble with
>pvp was a clusterfuck where people would shit all over each other and just have fun
>wow now:
>blizzard tries to balance around pvp, takes away the fun nuking abilities that murder people and make the fights long and drawn out where healers are demigods.
>no more fun items, the useful items for pvp have all been nerfed to hell and back for pvp because "lol not fair for people who dont use that profession" etc.

League of legends in the early days:
>can build champions all sorts of weird ways
>some champions were really weird and didnt seem to fit any sort of meta
>people would take adc mid etc, not a big deal.
>league of legends now:
>the items are streamlined
>champions are streamlined, they have roles where they are expected to be, if you dont follow those roles riot might even punish you
>riot works hard to make sure champions are not used in ways they did not intend, even if it wasnt op to use them in other ways.

Diablo pvp then:
>just a cluster fuck of weird builds and people trying to gank others. not fun to get ganked but added to the excitement
>diablo pvp now: oops blizzard doesnt like the idea of ganking because they are pussy faggots so no more pvp except in our arena type mini game. watch us try and make diablo 3 an esport and fail miserably!

PvP games are the most fun when they are not trying to be an esport.Only exception to this rule are shooters or rts games that have been built from the ground up to be competitive games.
>>
>>332659170
>mods deleting things that contest their degenerate anime memes

why aren't I surprised
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.