[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: 1453145996915.png (90 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1453145996915.png
90 KB, 460x345
Opinions?
>>
pretentious hipster bullshit
>>
Its the most innovative shooter I've played in years!
>>
>>332643581
>>332643583

/v/ - A Hivemind They Said
>>
SUPER
>>
It was a great pirate.

Love the gameplay but the story was a bit obnoxious and nothing new
>>
HOT
>>
I enjoyed my time with it but the part at the end where they pretty much beg you to viral their game for them with quotes such as this >>332643583 just made me cringe.

I also found the out of bounds secrets in most of the levels but couldn't figure out some of them so I don't know if anything interesting happens if you do.
>>
A solid and fun game, not too much to hate. I think it wears out it's welcome a little with all the challenges and shit though
>>
>>332643515
Fun gameplay. Didn't completely understand or give a fuck about the story. Way too short.
>>
It would have been cool as fuck if they went with a realistic setting, not this artsy bullshit
>>
Piratedthis game

Played through the single-player in less than an hour

Dicked with the challenge mode

Got bored

Uninstalled
>>
SUPERSHORT
Story is cringeworthy
There's not that much content after you finish it
>>
SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT
>>
>>332644204
MIND IS SOFTWARE
>>
Kinda cool, but felt a bit unfleshed.
>>
I think I beat the entire game in 30 minutes. Despite that, I still felt it was kinda' cool.

The story was a little hit or miss. As I interpreted it:

>you were controlling some beta-stage humanoid weapon that saw all organic life as "red guys"
>the "levels" you got to play were hits planed out for the weapon by the corporation your friend hacked into
>the "good dog" stuff was all training ment to be aimed at whoever got to pilot the final version of the weapon

How'd I do?

I have no idea if that actually IS the story or not.
>>
>>332643515
i give it an ok/10

its pretty fun for a while but after the story its kinda meh, endless is fun for like 15 mins
>>
>>332643515
SUPERHOT IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER I'VE PLAYED IN YEARS!
>>
Mildly Warm
>>
>>332645043
That's mostly it. Only difference is that the program is basically alive. So the good dog stuff was meant for you. Because it was reacting to you being in the system.
>>
>>332643515
Refunded. Neat concept, but that's kind of it. Challenge modes are an artificial way of padding a short experience of a game.
>>
Sweet game. The speedrunning community for it turned out to be boring though.
>>
>please forward this game to all your friends
>you have been enlightened
>good dog
>stay still
>shoot yourself in your house
>tell all your friends about this game

It was a short fun game, doused in EDGY
Drowning in edgy
>>
>>332645319

Oh. Touché. Ah well, still a fun little timewaster.

How close was I on the artificial humanoid weapon thing though?

I just noticed you had black hands and everything you could use to kill people was also black, and it was all inanimate objects so you are probably an inanimate object too.

Did the author every give any explanation as to what was actually going on?

Story aside, the game was far too short, and could easily have fed us another 50 levels without feeling too milked. It felt like they had a good idea, just not enough time/money/interest to carry it out.
>>
Think of it like a racing game.

You don't buy a racing game to complete the "campaign" once and call it quits. It's sold on the quality of its engine, and gives you as many tracks as it can to explore those mechanics with and sharpen your skills.

The challenge modes are really undersold, I think. Once you get to the Endless challenges with the *real time clock*, this game goes from an artsy puzzle to an adrenaline rush.
>>
SUPER

HOT
>>
>>332645681

Honestly, I don't understand why they didn't just marry the challenge modes into the story.

It was clear that the story had more to "say" and the reason it didn't was because they ran out of levels.

Hell the final level could easily have been the unlock and first attempt at endless mode.

Very small differences that could have bought a:
>6/10 - I don't regret buying it

Into a:
>8/10 - Actually really fucking good
>>
It was an originally free game, obviously with alot less content. The redditors jumped on it when it got popular and widespread, and their mentality of "hurr durr this is amazing please let me spend money on it" convinced the developers to turn it into a "full" game and sell it for way too much; still fun for what it is though, worth a pirate
>>
>>332643515
i really loved it. i'm actually a little surprised /v/ doesn't like it more.

planning out good kills is fun

the story isn't anything mind blowing, but i dont think it takes itself too seriously anyway. challenge mode is where the real game is though.

can't think of a recent shooter ive enjoyed nearly as much
>>
>>332643515
>fun
>original
>stylish
>short
>not worth the price
>modding can make in great
>>
The gameplay is great, but lmao 2hour and it feels a bit unfinished and rough around the edges. It also had performance problems out the ass during launch, no idea if they've fixed it yet since I finished the game in one sitting
>>
>>332646345
>2hour

How the fuck did you manage to squeeze 2 hours out of this game? It took me 20 minutes, and 5 of those were the elevator.
>>
First of all, it's not that great, so stop MEMEING at me!

Second of all, I'm not a rapper, so stop RAPPING at me!
>>
>>332646428
You're just too pro, bro. Not everyone is as pro as you, you need to understand that.
>>
Most innovative shooting I've blah blah blah

Honestly it was pretty cool
I remember playing the tech demo a while ago and wanting more
Story was fucking trash though, I was hoping that you'd be a hitman or something with SUPER HOT as your trigger phrase
>>
>>332646428
I spent a lot of time dicking around and trying to get the "perfect" streak
>>
>>332643515
lame, boring, too short and got too repetetive even in the 2 hours it takes to beat, pathetic meme faggotry to boot.
>>
>>332647038
That's a pretty cool idea

What's the storyline in this?
>>
>>332647464
Something something computer game taking over your mind, killing red guys is maybe killing real people?
Mash keys to type to your friend, I dunno it felt really contrived
>>
>>332643807

If you find them all they add a kind of commentary to the chat room that shows how they manipulate the admin to aid their recruitment.

You have to admit they constructed a very clever way to get people to shill their game.
>>
>>332647532
>Mash keys to type to your friend, I dunno it felt really contrived

Is that the right word? It was the first time I've seen that and I thought it was kind of neat.
>>
>>332643515
Not enough content
"Story" gets annoying real quick
Badly needs a level editor
>>
>>332645319
>reach the part where the program tells me never to play the game again.
>okay
>quit
>never played that game again
How do I fit into the story?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.