[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Counter-Strike so archaic? No perks, no classes, no level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 10
File: counter_strike_go_1.jpg (90 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
counter_strike_go_1.jpg
90 KB, 600x300
Why is Counter-Strike so archaic? No perks, no classes, no level progression, no nothing. In addition to that the gameplay is extremely barebones, why do people play this game?
>>
Pure skill.
>>
>>332630024
>RNG Strike
>Skill
>>
>>332630024
>Pure skill.
Pure rng
>>
>>332630024
>skill
>counterstrike
Pick one faggot.
>>
>>332629945
Because you don't level up a character, you level up the player (your skill).
It doesn't reward you for being a noob like games it's compared to (like CoD, even though the only similarity is that they're FPS games. It ends there.) Instead, it challenges you and rewards the team player, the strategic player etc.
>>
they play it because they've invested years learning the shitty mechanics and they cant quit now because its the only thing theyre good at it so they carry on playing out of habit but nobody really enjoys it
>>
>>332629945
apparently less mechanics means it requires more skill
>>
ITT: Underage fags
>>
>>332630243
>like CoD, even though the only similarity is that they're FPS games. It ends there
Hey shitter, i bet you haven't even played CoD, but that does not stops you from talking out of your ass, scum. CoD4 is miles better than RNG-strike, in CoD4 a truly skilled player will push your shit hard RNG won't help you compared to shitfest that is CS.
>>
It makes the game alot more balanced and fair.
It all comes down to reaction time and pure skill (no meme intended)

When you have a big gap in what kind of weapons different players are allowed to use, it puts new players at a big dissadvantage.
>>
>>332631425
>SKILL
>RNG

I could most likely beat a "professional" player given the rng.
>>
>>332631518
Let's see you do that. There's a reason professional players and teams get there and it isn't by being lucky.
>>
>>332631578
a mix of 5 random euro players could beat any NA team
>>
>>332631578
How do you become a professional player if your bullets literally don't go where you want them to?

You lose a round because you aim dead square at someones head, fire, miss, and they just turn around and headshot you with their improved RNG

Not to mention shooting players standing still is a dice roll on if your bullets will just phase through them like they're some sort of apparition
>>
>>332631030
>CoD4
>skill
Oh yeah, that P90 sure takes skill, real hard pressing M1 whenever someone comes across the screen.
>>
>>332631030
Yeah, hardly played CoD4. Only really played for about a week total at a friends on 360 a long time ago. Most balanced imo. BO2 was the only CoD I played the most, it was pretty shit. Everything went downhill after MW1.

But, in CS's defense, CoD doesn't really have recoil, or as much teamplay.
>>
Well I can answer this question really easily.

"People" don't play CS:GO.

It's a game for troglodytes. Stunted beings who can't evolve and move on.

Same as the things who play WoW.

None of them should ever be considered people.
>>
>>332631696
Hahahahahha

You fucking retard, you can't fucking run and gun. You have to stand still to shoot properly, that's why. Most of the guns are fairly accurate, but nearly all of them save for some of the SMGs are near-useless when you're hopping around like a spastic. Unless that's your thing, in which case the P90 is for you.

The reason your bullets sometimes seem like they don't register hits is that Valve changed the networking system so that the server's bullets != your bullets. The bullet spread is controlled by the server; that is to say, the RNG is different between you and the server.

However, it really isn't anything you can control. Nothing changes. You will "Hit" as many "Missed" shots as you will "Miss" "Hit" shots. This was done in order to prevent accuracy hacks. They are no longer possible.
>>
Why are people upset about the fact that running and shooting in CS:GO is RNG?

Because the spray patterns are the same fucking spray patterns everytime. Not even good players use them all the time because you are really meant to kill within the first few burtsts of your rifle.

I guess it's a /v/ thing.
>>
>>332631972
Ahh I remember that update.

Haven't seen silent aimbot since.
>>
>>332632059
>>332631972

Even if you don't run and gun the rng is still there

Why would I want to study and fucking ANALYZE a spray pattern that has a rng pattern to it? (It isn't the same everytime. fire at a wall 5 times and you'll see the bullets are all different)

Even professional players commonly scream out (HOW DIDN'T I KILL HIM?) When they get fucked over by the RNG

No matter how much you train your aim the rng spray patterns will always handicap you. and you will die to a player that gets a better rng pattern.
>>
Xp systems and unlocks in non rpg multiplayer games are fucking Skinner box cancer. The way Csgo does it where unlocks are only cosmetic is perfect.
>>
>>332632059
/v/ will try to rationalize that any game they aren't good at is shit. It's easier than admitting you're bad at something.
>>
>>332632059
Because /v/:
> Expects all games to be arena shooters
> Expects that FPS games should be about having the biggest numbers and pumping damage for the longest time with the best gun
> Hate it when you actually have to control recoil
> Don't understand anti-silent-aim
> Don't understand controlling RNG
>>
ITT people who bandwagon the rng meme who dont even play csgo shit on the game
>>
>>332632424
>Controlling recoil with zero in-game feedback
>>
>>332632526
Learn spray patterns and pull down when spraying. It's not very complicated.
>>
>>332631685
Tell that to Fnatic.
>>
>>332632667
The spread in CS is retarded you can't control it well enough for shooting auto to be viable

You always burst, always

It's pure shit
>>
File: 1451952305623.jpg (65 KB, 490x290) Image search: [Google]
1451952305623.jpg
65 KB, 490x290
cute how cs threads always dissolve into rng as a scape goat, not like your crosshair was even close to their head anyways

and then there are people who dump the same webms every thread who don't understand what stutter strafing is
>>
>>332632505
I'm SMFC and even I agree the UNCOMMON moments where my bullets have literally phased through them get annoying when it happens.

It still doesn't stop me from being better than pub players and the people that push the rng meme.
>>
>>332632158
It's there, but it's there so that you, well, can't use your standard peashooter to snipe enemies from a mile off - that's the AWP's job - and at any sane range, it doesn't really matter.

Pro players scream out because they're professional players. Of course they'll get mad when they fail, but it can usually be chalked up to a failure in positioning (Letting them see you first), a failure in recoil control (Even professionals can panic), or having a worse gun.

If what you're saying is true, then no player at a reasonable level should be better than another. This is provably untrue; the same few teams win more often or at least get to a higher position in the tournament.
>>
File: Into the trash it goes.jpg (27 KB, 388x279) Image search: [Google]
Into the trash it goes.jpg
27 KB, 388x279
>Modern video game can't do something as simple as guns pointing where the bullets go
>>
>>332632803
yeah it does happen sometimes cause the servers are ass,
but see what these stupid fucks are posting
>hurr muh bullets dont go where i aim i could beat a pro player with luck :^))))
>>
you just don't get it. cs isn't some arcade shit like cod. its actually realistic and takes skill. for example in cs you can pump an entire round into a guy and he still wont die. Instead of nooby sprint buttons you have to take your knife out if you want to run faster??? and FORGET about using your ironsights to actually aim your weapon. In cs you have to blast from the hip and hope the game let's you kill the other guy. This is way better than how cod does it

CS actually takes SKILL and INTELLIGENCE as opposed to just memorising the weird mechanics like some kind of autist

if you want to replicate the depression and sadness of being in a REAL WAR then cs is the game for u
>>
>>332631030
counter strike does require skill though. it has a higher skill floor.
cod has a really low skill floor. You just point at someones general direction and unload your weapons magazine at him and he dies its the go to strategy. If you do that in CS then you have to get lucky hence the phrase "spray and pray".
In cs it rewards you if you can control your fire and aim properly.
One game is made for consoles where its harder to aim with controllers.
One game is made for pc where you can really push the limits of pin point accuracy.

If you are really bad at aiming though you can just use an awp every time for muh 1 hit kill body shots.
>>
>>332632752
Have you watched a single pro game? They're all over Youtube, there's a major tournament running right now.
Yes, you can control it. You aren't meant to, but you can. The fucking IDEA is that you can't spray, retard.

>>332632825
See >>332631972

>>332632836
Do I even have to explain why this is retarded?
>>
>>332631030
>CoD
>Skill

Please be bait, please be bait, please be bait
>>
>>332632973
trying too hard faggot
>>
>>332633025
Shit meant to say that
>>332632803
should see >>332631972
>>
Why do shitters always push the "RNG" meme?
>>
>>332633025
>Wanting gun viewmodel to sway all over the place like it fucking should is retarded now

It's not 1998, shooting at the wall to learn the spray patterns is not how video games are played.
>>
>>332629945
Because you get better by playing more instead by getting rewarded for playing more. Basically if you're a baby sucking his dads dick for the new iphone play cod, if you're a hard working man play cs go.
>>
>>332632973
CS isnt realistic in the slightest.

It Would be more arcadey than cod, except it has no HP regen
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3jAOcjIBfk

>this
>skill

The patterns are fucking awful
It makes no sense and you CAN'T control it

It's awful just awful
>>
CS fans are insane, and they're ALL man children

Everytime Valve tries to add or change ANYTHING they go crazy and call the game shit

>add a new gun
>rivers of tears forever

They're all assholes who can't have anything nice
>>
>>332629945
>not wanting to go into "muh competitive environment" and piss everyone off by not taking it so seriously
>>
Most pro CS players would get destroyed by pro CoD players. While CS players have spent years mastering arbitrary recoil mechanics, pro COD players have actually spent time learning positioning and tactical thinking. Because the game mechanics don't get in the way of the game with COD, whereas they do with CS.

A good CoD player can go into any fps game and do well. whereas a good CS player will struggle in anyhing other than their precious CS. THAT is why people still play CS
>>
>>332633281
I'm not really sure what you're trying to argue here? You literally posted a video detailing that the patterns do make sense and that you can 'control' it. But what am I saying? This is bait and you've probably never played the game.
>>
>>332633520
No you can't
In game, you would never do that shit are you shitting me nigger?
>>
>>332632973
CS IS arcade shit. It was never meant to be realistic from the get go, and frankly, aiming for realism is a poor way to make games that idiots who don't know how to make games go for. We can't design a game - let's just make something that reflects reality.

Why does the knife make you faster? Who cares!? It does the same exact thing as sprinting, and in fact you even have more options; you can carry the pistol to move more slowly but always have an easy backup.

> You have to blast from the hip
> What is the AUG and SG553
You aren't meant to start with the M4 and AK.

> CoD takes skill and intelligence
CoD is a load of shit. Gimmicks everywhere, no chance of predicting where the enemy will come out, shit map design, "EBIG GRAFIX", and to boot it's horrendously imbalanced, and a player who plays longer has an OBJECTIVELY better chance at winning because you know, unlocks. There are too many weapons and they all do the same fucking thing. There's no economy, strategy is boiled down to the incredible basics, and guns are pin-point accurate so you can empty full mags into people until they die.

There's a reason a ton of pro CoD teams are actually switching to CS:GO.
> CS is about meme-orising weird mechanics
There is an element of truth in that, but it doesn't really matter so long as you pull down (I figured this out within minutes of my first time playing) and don't try to unload full mags at people.

Why the hell would you WANT to simulate the depression and sadness of being in a real war? This is a game, and it isn't one of those preachy ones about how war is bad.

On a final note, it saddens me that neo/v/ DEFENDS FUCKING COD AS REQUIRING SKILL
>>
>>332633398
Yeah, and lets not forget them spending thousands of dollars on what pretty much amounts to a few lines of code they can show off and the start of the match

but being fair sometimes volvo does fuck up, the R8 was bullshit no matter how you looked at it.
>>
The only thing tactical about cs is how you have to tactically fight against the game anytime you want to shoot somebody
>>
>>332630113
>>332630142

Bringing this up is stupid. First of all being good at cstrike is the addition of multiple skills like movement or reading enemy movement. Only talking about individual skill here. Also what's the problem with rng anyways? Everyone has the same condition and it's part of the skill to deal with what's given to you.

Just because you bought the game on sale and got owned in your only two matches doesn't mean that there is no skill involved.
>>
>>332632252
Skinner mechanics tickle my 'Tism.
>>
>>332633551
I wouldn't control my weapon while trying to kill someone in-game? What?
>>
>>332632973
>pump an entire round

so, 1 bullet?
>>
>>332632059
>Because the spray patterns are the same fucking spray patterns everytime. Not even good players use them all the time because you are really meant to kill within the first few burtsts of your rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOwlfCsvdwg
>>
>>332633447
This is some strong bait, you have learned well.
>>
>>332633692
You're crazy if you think that's skill
That's pure luck
>>
>>332633146

How many people play CS these days, 1 million? They all disagree.
>>
>>332633846
>valve drones
>having an opinion
Good one
>>
>>332633551
But he JUST DID THAT SHIT IN GAME
He DOES THAT SHIT IN GAME ALL THE TIME
>>332633398
> Add an $850 gun that actually costs $700 and does the same amount of damage as a $4750 gun
> Man CS fans are retards they should just keep sucking the dev's dick
> W-What? I mean... Well, you can't really argue with Activision... Not like I wanted to change anything about CoD anyway
> What do you mean about the AN-94 debacle? What AN-94?

>>332633596
Skins prevent yearly rehashes and $15 DLC.
Skins keep the game at $15.
Skins fund tournaments
Skins let you theoretically recoup the cost of the game through drops or smart investments

But nooooooo microtransactions are 100% ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE even when they don't affect gameplay ONE BIT amiright?
>>
>>332633846
>Ad populum
>>
>>332633563
>cod unlocks
You're forgetting that the best weapons in cod are default or early level unlocks. Longer players are better because they know the maps and have confidence/a good team to play with.
>>
>>332633887
Fucking valve drone, kill yourself
>>
>>332633145

Because shitters need to have an excuse to fall to when they suck at something, instead manning up and getting gud.
>>
>>332633906
Attachments. That is all.

>>332633930
> Waaaa I can't defend my arguments online
> I know, I'll just tell him to kill himself!
How is what I said wrong? How do purely cosmetic microtransactions that don't majorly affect any sort of "Recognition" make a game worse?
>>
>>332633798
>One of the best cs players in the world well known for having excellent spray control
>Luck

Look, learning how to control the spray in cs isn't that difficult.
>>
Why doesn't fnatic kick flusha already?

The guy is an embarassment to the entire team and yet his teammates and management keep pretending nothing happened
>>
>>332633882
Gee, it sure is ad-hominem around here.
>>
>>332633047
>inb4 he means the dead as fuck Promod.
>>
File: 1452547219278.jpg (11 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1452547219278.jpg
11 KB, 210x251
>>332633887
>microtransactions are 100% ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE even when they don't affect gameplay ONE BIT amiright
kids would rather spend 60$ for 12 maps
>>
>>332633798
You also think every time a basket player nails a three pointer is pure luck because you did it once that way?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKHeJwnqCAU&t=18m56s

>people actually think the pro players use skill to win their games
>>
>>332634027
It takes 2 hours to get all of them for a weapon
Keep shilling your shit game tho

And yes they do
Some people actually play CS:GO because of those crates and steam trading

You know this is true, most people wouldn't play without these things in place
>>
>>332634182
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKHeJwnqCAU&t=18m56s [Embed]

LOL

>he just lifts his mouse a lot!

What the FUCK?

Is this real?
Did the casters say anything about that?
>>
File: image.png (110 KB, 283x447) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110 KB, 283x447
>>332631865
>360
>>
>>332633398
If you didn't realise that when they released that gun they knew people would give it all their attention and want it to be nerfed so they could get away with their dumb as fuck rifle nerf without anyone noticing you don't know shit about the scene
>>
>>332634198
Yeah, but how does that make YOUR experience worse for YOU when YOU are playing the game?

Regardless of how long it takes to get all of them, it is still an advantage that is by definition "Unfair".
>>
>>332634198
>silver and nova kids fund the servers and tourneys with shiny guns
>I can even get money selling the drops
It's not like I'll ever meet them on match making anyways
>>
>>332634362
>Did the casters say anything about that?
Nope, everybody just ignored it. This is supposed to be the most prestigious tournament too.
>>
>>332634680
What am I supposed to be outraged at? I didn't notice anything.
>>
>>332633145
Because they don't understand how it works. That's just how things go.
>>
File: 123123123.jpg (31 KB, 786x315) Image search: [Google]
123123123.jpg
31 KB, 786x315
>people coming up with excuses again

WHEN
WILL
THIS
MOUSE
LIFTING
MAYMAY
DIE
>>
>Pro CoD

I played in a CoD tourny once. My team won but the other team threw a hissy fit, demanded a rematch and used a map bug to beat us and then literally screamed and shouted in our faces about how we're noobs. Never again.
>>
>>332634752
Use your eyes anon
>>
>>332634164
You know, that's another thing. In CS:GO anyone can make maps, anyone can play community maps, and maps are so possible that you can even make wacky custom maps for things like co-op mode and zombie survival.

In CoD, you would have to pay $15 for another 4 maps. And $60 a year for the new one, which is the only one anyone plays.
>>
>>332631030
Comparing cod and counter strike is like comparing apple to and orange.
You can't really say what is better or take more skill than the other. For example counter strike is about coordination, teamwork, communication and slow paced game to make sure that you think every time before you act.
While cod more focus on super fast paced game play forcing you to adapt to changing scenarios and making sure you are on a constant move to make yourself harder to hit, and the game award you for that.
>>
CS has many flaws but lacking pseudo rpg shit isn't one of them
>>
anyone willing to train a silver? I don't really know the game mechanics well and I play from people on /tv/ and they just meme and laugh at me when I do stuff wrong.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/scattass
>>
>>332635627
>super fast
Quake 3 arena wants to have a few words with you.
Also COD was on consoles so it's an autoaim galore of a game. Also no mods. Spray is easy so the first person to aim and click wins. You can run and gun therefore game mechanics such as stutter stepping mean nothing. COD is a casual game for little kids who don't know any better.
>>
>>332635836
There are guides on youtube on how to play. Adren has great guides. He's also a pro player.
>>
>>332635836
Getting out of silver is just practice. Keep playing the game and you'll get better.
>>
>>332635627
>While cod more focus on super fast paced game play forcing you to adapt to changing scenarios and making sure you are on a constant move to make yourself harder to hit, and the game award you for that.

Fast paced movement comparatively, at best. As someone who played UT semi-competitively, your game is an embarrassment. I dread to think in the future people like you will become the norm, hopefully UT4 takes off and reminds everyone what used to be the FPS standard before it became rebranded as a "twitch shooter".
>>
>>332630024
they added 1 pure skill weapon, the R8 revolver and everybody went nuts and shit got nerfed :(
>>
>>332636048
I just started playing comp and was silver 4 and now I'm 5 after like 12 games won. I just never use the awp.
>>
File: 1447433662189.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
1447433662189.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>he takes FPSes seriously
Skillful or not, they're still shit and boring to play and watch.
>>
>>332635836
Here's my tips for silvers:
> use the scoped rifles: SG553 and AUG. They're easy to use.
> be a cool dude. Just generally make callouts and don't be a dick
> ask for drops and ask if friendlies need drops
> don't spray
> pull down, you'll figure this out quickly; the scoped rifles have an easy pattern
>the FiveseveN and Tec-9 are the best pistols
>>
>>332633887
go watch it again fucking retard, he even says its impossible to fully control it shit goes random even if you try hard
>>
>>332636140
>actually liking the R8
It was like $850 and an instakill. It totally shat on the meta. Literally all the other weapons were instantly useless.
>>
>>332636331
I bet you're stuck in mg1 or some shit.
>>
>>332636253

taking fpses seriously is literally the most normie thing ever, idk why you're posting a le fedora pic
>>
>>332636508
This is tips for silvers. I'm MGE.

Bear in mind that ranks were all shunted down.
>>
>>332635836
Play in FFA deathmatches using the server browser. Practice with the AK trying to get the headshot with a single bullet and then try burst fire and then spraying them down. Also learn the M4, the AWP and the starting pistols but the AK is probably the best weapon to practice with. Don't worry about dying, just aim for that headshot! Once you get good at killing you, just need to learn some 'game sense' which can only be obtained from actually playing matches. Remember to learn how to properly use grenades such as vital smoke points and pop flashes and constantly communicate with the team.
>>
>>332636437
>its impossible to fully control it
That's the whole idea
You should commit to wasting a lot of bullets if you want to spray at long range
>>
>>332636576
Yea I suck at nades. One of the last games we played they said to smoke so I did it in front of us and they all laughed at me lol
>>
>>332629945
>No perks, no classes, no level progression
These are not detriments.
>>
>>332636673
yep, its either kill on first 5 bullets or pray to the RNG gods, 1.6 and prior had much better full auto control
>>
>No perks
>No classes
>No level progression
>Implying any of this COD garbage not being included is a bad thing

fuck off
>>
>CS devs are so shit at video games that they can't handle both moving and shooting at the same time
>>
>>332636793
The RNG is only noticiable at extreme ranges where you shouldn't be spraying to begin with
>>
>>332629945
The theory behind coutnerstrike netcode is the same theory you have in fighting games

It predicts every possible future outcome each tick

Then in real time simulates these events

It cant be complicated and keep the netcode it requires to remain competetive

The only reason counter strike has a pro scene compared to any other shooter is that netcode and the bullet spread mechanic which lets you spray without rng

Everything in the game you achieve, is through you achieving it

And every failure is also your own
>>
>>332636924
>at extreme ranges
Yeah, from A site to Catwalk
>>
>>332637001
Wow you're so bad. Instead of complaining about not being able to hit close shots why don't you go practice?
>>
>>332637112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3vtVjy_wI

:^)
>>
>>332636137

>UT4
>Taking off

NEVER EVER

;_;
>>
>>332629945
Play CoD instead bro.
>>
Oh shit, a CSGO thread, is it time to pretend to be a Quake player?
>>
>>332637174
> pistols are inaccurate
Whaaaaaaat?
>>
>>332636942
Not exactly however as there's still a level of rng in counterstrike guns. First bullets aren't accurate, in AK for example. Though you can minimize that by aiming dead center on target, and getting in optimal range of your target for the gun you are using.
>>
>>332637346
Wait until he pulls out the AK.
>>
>>332637174
>free starter pistols don't have pinpoint accurracy
>one hit headshot gun don't have perfect accurracy
Most of the time the deviation is smaller than your target's head. You're just bad.
I've always wondered what is it with counter strike that makes bad players invest more time into finding ways to blame the game instead of getting better.
>>
>>332637383
> Why is my AK not pinpoint accurate

Because that's what the Scout, AWP, Autosniper, and SG553 are for.
>>
>>332637174
And? Do you think that with that small bullet offset you wouldn't be able to hit a headshot? That offset is literally as big as a head. Come on baddie why are you so shit? I'm a supreme and I can tell you that my shots land exactly where they should. But you should not forget movement, 3 bullet pulldowns, stutter stepping, taps at long ranges, corner distance, crosshair placement. Basically if you don't understand shit go back to cod and suck on your mums clit lad.
>>
>>332637429
>>332637445
>>332637450
>IT'S OKAY WHEN VALVE DOES IT XD STOP BEING LE SILVUR
>>
>>332637375
And crouching... And 3 bullet sprays which guarantee at least one bullet landing on the target.
>>
>>332637445
>>332637174
what are you guys even debating about? game has heavy RNG and already admited here
>>
>>332637445
>SG553
Most underrated gun in the game
If it didn't have the COD scope it'd be way more used
>>
>>332637297
DUDE LMAO FAST >RECOIL LMAOOOOO
>>
>>332637375
oh wow im wrong

i dont play cs

but that kinda defeats the point i thought it had
>>
>>332637521
Great argument.
>>
>>332637561
>...
Fuck off.
>>
>>332637608

HAHA TIME TO POST CPMA GIFS THAT I THINK ARE REGULAR Q3 GAMEPLAY
>>
>>332629945
>No perks, no classes, no level progression, no nothing. In addition to that the gameplay is extremely barebones, why do people play this game?

Because the lack of all these things makes it more fun of course.
>>
>>332637707
Also because COD isn't getting player numbers it needs and csgo is the top pc fps right now. Childrens parents got tired of buying little Timmy the same COD game every 6 months. COD devs aren't getting the sales they need but they dug their own grave. Their marketers resort to bashing cs go on /v/. When they get btfo like every time they go silent and repost the same RNG LMAO bullshit thread after an hour.
>>
why did they nerf the UMP?
>>
>>332638061
When did this happen? I still feel like it's as powerful as ever
>>
>>332638061

UMP has seen more use that ever at the major. Flusha or somebody got a 3k with it against full bought Liquid players today, from D2 cat to gamehelper.
>>
>>332638207
I think it was olof. He got one hs through smoke right?
>>
File: tasteslikecat.jpg (55 KB, 342x316) Image search: [Google]
tasteslikecat.jpg
55 KB, 342x316
>>332629945
>No perks, no classes, no level progression, no nothing

I know this is bait but it's telling about society how successful CSGO is while still being so incredibly barebones.

>no prone
>no lean
>can't choose ammo type
>can't choose anything but the basic equipment types present in the original goldsrc standalone

In nearly 20 YEARS, all they've managed to add is a handful of maps, a few weapons, fire grenades, and destructible terrain (still an underused feature)

all because muh purity, muh counterstrike, Valve isn't allowed to improve it.
>>
>>332638364

and I forgot

>current year
>still cannot even use FIREMODE SELECTOR RIGHT THERE ON THE GUN
>>
>>332638364
The game was dead until the TF2 hat autists started playing.
>>
File: ull cowards dont even roshan.png (391 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ull cowards dont even roshan.png
391 KB, 700x700
>>332638364
I'm pretty sure destructible terrain is only for community maps.

But for real; why would they change anything if people still play the game the way it is?

Pic somewhat related as that game fits very well into your greentext's theme.
>>
>>332638364

>why haven't Valve made CS in to a completely different game??!?!?!?/
>>
>>332638364
Because CS doesn't need shitty gimmicks to succeed.

Valve are absolutely allowed to improve it and have. Repeatedly. Every week. It mostly boils down to improvements to balance.

Prone is unnecessary for CS. Why have it? What would it add?
Leaning is also unnecessary when peeking exists.
Choosing ammo type would be a FUCKING DISASTER HOLY SHIT
What would changing fire mode add? Realism? You can tap-fire.

Complexity != depth.
>>
>>332638364
>CS:GO
>Barebones

You cucks sure love those skins though. You're even worse than TF2 fanboys.
>>
>>332638782

Not the guy you're talking to, but while I aggree that ammo type would be stupid, and fire mode wouldn't bring much value, seeing as CS is a slower and more tactical game, leaning could bring some new cards into play.
>>
>>332638782
They should bring back having to buy ammo.
>>
>>332638915

The game already heavily favors peeking players...
>>
>>332638915
>>fire mode wouldn't bring much value

Someone didn't play early CS.
>>
>>332638364
csgo doesn't need those extra mechanics. When it comes to making games the more convoluted it gets the worse it gets. Players would either way choose the best mechanic and always use that one to his/her advantage. Csgo has balanced mecahnics used in different situations. There are many ways to approach an enemy by choosing best mechanic suitable to that situation. It comes to movement choice, shooting choice, weapon choice, economy etc. When you think about it a new player would say that csgo is so barebones but an advanced player would say that it's perfect.

When it comes to being able to choose unlocked ammo type or gun type it destroys the purpose of different approaches in csgo and players always choose the best and easiest choice which isn't the case in csgo. Different situations ask for different guns. CSGO gets a lot of new maps in operations though community. CSGO also gets mods. If you're talking about pro scene maps change. For example pros no longer play season, nuke and instead have different map pool. So I don't know what world you live in but your childhood game isn't better than csgo just because it's your childhood game. We can't advance as community and move gaming forward if we stick to our nostalgia instead of comparing games and seeing why ones are shit even though popular and others good even though unpopular. Fuck you cat.
>>
>>332629945
I hate that u cant aim down sights

and before people go "go bak 2 call of duty urr durr" most of the more "realistic" fpses have it, arma has it, squad has it, insurgency has it. and go ahead and try to fire any automatic rifle at your hip whilst not aiming and see if u fukin hit anything irl
>>
>>332638364
It's (almost) perfectly balanced as is. It doesn't need drastic new features, just tweaks and bugfixes.

>hurr durr why don't we just add new pieces to chess?
>only different 6 pieces? how boring
>in 1500 YEARS they haven't managed to add much
>>
>>332639057

I did play it casually, but i only remember the glock and some rifle having it.
>>
>>332639171
Great argument. Well done. If you're over 15 you're a waste of oxygen.
>>
>>332639392
oh sorry cuntwad is it because i didnt post with fancy spelling?

either way youve hardly given me a counter-arguement yourself.
>>
>>332629945

This is how fps should be,but sadly they have forced rpg shit into ArmA3 too (via mods for now) cause people is not longer able to play Coop,C&H or even worse CTF games if he's not able to rank up his rifleman class

Fuck sake if I want a weapon and there is a crate with weapons I go there and fetch it,if you force me into metagaming crap to unlock my mall ninja modded M4 with a mere eotech and 203 launcher I'll trash the game in two seconds.

Like I had some interest in Tarkov then muh metagaming,muh levels,muh p2w,kitchen sink maps,whatever shit they trowed into,trashed it straight and I ain't go to look back at it

Counterstrike is shit anyway
>>
>>332629945

Precisely because of the things you said.
>>
>>332639171
Iron sights would ruin counter strike. Just because every other shooter has it doesn't mean cs has to.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.