[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> TL;DR Xbox One or PC? I'm stuck between a rock and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: xbox_windows10.png (507 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
xbox_windows10.png
507 KB, 1366x768
> TL;DR Xbox One or PC?
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, /v/.
I'm deciding whether it's better to go for an Xbox One or PC. Problem is, I've got two sets of friends who play on different systems. One that does PC, and the other, Xbox One. I want to play with both and get a PC so I can have my Xbox library and my Steam library. Though I'm still not sure if the old (3, ODST and Reach) and new Halo's (5, I know Halo Wars 2 is) are coming to PC, and are gonna be cross-platform with both systems.
>>
on the off chance I'm not being memed, obviously PC
>>
>>332629514
OP here, also, I forgot to mention, I do have a 360 and decent laptop, though I don't know which side I should lean more towards for my future investment.
>>
>>332629626
You're not being memed, legitimately am bad at decision making. Though making this thread in the first place is a bad decision in itself.
>>
>>332629514
PC, obviously.
THOUSANDS more exclusives, free online, far cheaper games, modding capabilities, and the Xbone is literally being slowly destroyed by MS itself.

Even if you'd build a sub-500$ PC, it'd still offer better visuals, performance and versatility than any console.

pic related is one of those "console killer" builds from couple years ago; you'd be able to make a lot stronger PC for the same money nowadays, or alternatively build this for cheaper, and still do fine 1080p/60fps gaming in most titles.
I'd personally recommend doing an Intel CPU + Nvidia GPU, just to have less issues in the long run and better compatibility. AMD's parts are OK only if you are on very tight budget.
>>
I say this as a sonygger.

PC by a long shot, not because I dislike Xbox or it's fan even though Microsoft is legitimately cancerous but simply because PC has a future and is more or less getting 100% of xbox games making that console redundant and a far more risky investment.
>>
>>332629514
Xbox, OP.

PC is never a good investment.
>>
I feel like most people ignored 90% of your post just so they can flop their hate boners for the xbone. I'd pick the xbone for the mere factwindows 10 isn't that good. I own a gaming pc and even I get problems with the games I've tried on the windows store. gears ultimate and ki work beautifully with the bone while the pc versions are a hit and miss(with gears being a complete fuckin miss).
>>
>>332630087
>that CPU/GPU
please no
>>
>>332629514
It's simple:

Are you posting from a computer?
Does it have at least an HD 3000?
So you can play 90% of the PC exclusives

Do you care more about graphics or Halo?
Graphics: get a pc
Halo: get an xbone

Halo will never come to PC
I bought an Xbone only for Halo and I think I got my money worth of enjoyment from it. Though I'm thinking about selling it now that there is no exclusive to look forward now.
>>
>>332630745
>I'd pick the xbone for the mere factwindows 10 isn't that good
you realize w10 isn't the only OS right?

>muh DirectX
it won't be relevant for a long time and there's still a bevy of great games that can be played without the latest version
>>
>>332629514
dont get a PC brah, multiplat games dont exist, all that matters is muh weebshit and bloodborne and halo because PC doesnt have them so i can delude myself that they justify my lack of foresight
>>
>>332630745
>windows 10
>windows store

What kind of retard are you? Nobody ever uses windows store, and you could easily just use windows 7, if you aren't happy with 10. W10, botnet aside, isn't even that bad. Xbone OS is definitely not the proper alternative for W10 faults
>>
>>332631105
>So you can play 90% of the PC exclusives

>all that matters is exclusivity, because im an asspained retard who cant think 3 minutes into the future and save money

>nevermind all the great games that run and look like garbage, bordering on false advertising by not even hitting the FPS cap or having a dynamic rendering resolution

consolefags like you are the most delusional pieces of trash on the planet
>>
>>332630745
> using W10
There's your problem.

I am not "upgrading" from W7, and by the time it'll be seriously obsolete, I will probably dualboot a Linux distro of some sort. Vulkan has a good chance of replacing the DX, and there is no MS game I care for.
>>
>>332631105
>hurr durr PC exclusives are all indie trash

>im selling my xbone now because it has no exclusives

what the fuck is wrong with you people?

you literally cant play a game unless its exclusive to your console, because then it has the potential to justify your buyers remorse

you people are fucking wastes of air
>>
>>332631105
OP here,
Posting from mobile, not at my laptop atm
It's got an i7 3300QM I think it was, with integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 (bit of an anchor and bottleneck desu) it runs most games in my library just fine. I need a Desktop for some other games I have that the laptop just can't handle.
>>
>>332631305
I have pretty much every console this gen except the vita though.

>muh fps
>muh resolution
>muh false advertising that has been going since 30 years and PC is affected regardless
Yes if you're that autistic and think that going from 900 to 1080p is a game changing thing, sure, go for PC.
>>
>>332631447
>>332631305
You guys have a point. Only reason I want an Xbone is because I'm a big fan of Halo (well, kinda. 343 is dropping the ball) and I'm scared of shitty console ports I'll waste money on.
On the plus side of PC, cheap games.
>>
>>332631529
And i have hobbies aside from video games

But good for you

And no, there are games that cant even reach 30fps, and drop from 1080p to 720p, about half the pixels, just to remain somewhat stable

PC hardware doesnt make any false claims like showing you a picture of a game which looks good and then rendering it down to half the resolution or framerate than was implied

But good for you supporting these shady companies because you have nothing better to do with your life
>>
>>332631447
>hurr durr PC exclusives are all indie trash
>projecting this hard
Almost all popular PC exclusive game (MOBAs, Counter-Strike, Starcraft, etc..) has a "very low" option, nobody every mentions this but the fact that most PC gamers have low specs encourages devs to make games that can run on any config since it means more potential users.
And so almost every PC games that requires heavy stuff are multiplats anyways.
>>
>>332631709
I can purchase any console and upgrade my PC at the same time especially because I'm doing something with my life, thus avoiding me unnecessary console wars and censorship shit and endless downgrade complaining only poorfags participate in because they feel like they wasted their monthly pocket money on a game that is just a little different than what they expected.
But keep throwing ad hominems at me so I can understand your condition better.
>>
>>332631836
OP here,
You're bloody right. I play a lot of CSGO on my laptop with my friends, it's a 720p screen that can hardly get over 70fps (and 40 if two smokes or molotovs are on the screen at once) yet I'm still getting to the top of the scoreboard. I don't even have AA on.
33 kills to 8 deaths was my most recent game a few days ago. Can't post screenshots since I'm on mobile. Just take my word for it.
>>
>>332632080
>because I'm doing something with my life
Heheheh must feel good to be able to say that.
Fuck.
>>
>>332630087
>I'd personally recommend doing an Intel CPU + Nvidia GPU
I agree with the intel CPU, but if OP doesn't want to replace his card within a year cause its getting a good gimpin' he's better off with a 390.
>>
>>332630087
Do not build this in 2016, anyone considering a PC.
>>
>>332629514
PC nigga.
Slap together a rig with an i5 and 390 and you're set. Microsoft is bringing most of their xbone exclusives to PC anyway.
>>
>>332632289
Op here,
My friend was gonna sell me his 660ti since he has a newer card, and should have some first or third gen i7s he can sell, too. Tbh 1st gen i7 could beat anything i5 imo
>>
>>332631657
Well current pc ports of xbone games haven't been that good.one anon mentioned the gears port which was absolute garbage compared to the bones. Killer instinct is fixable but still has some ways to go. The only reason I've haven't dropped my bone is due to this already spotty track record of sub par ports
>>
To me PC would be the better choice. Reason being that a lot of Xbox One games are being released for PC and the PC lets you play cross platform with both consoles in many games.
Feels like the PC will give you a better coverage over available games. The PC is also getting many previously exclusive games from Playstation.
>>
PC

You get more games plus a good machine to do work.
>>
>>332631657
Shitty console ports are still usually at least marginally better that console version. If menus or mouse controls are fucked, PCfags can still use controller, but they prefer not to. If optimization is fucked they can still usually play at 720p/30fps/low or whatever console alternative is, but they don't want to. So in most cases when PCfags complain about "unplayable" port, it is still both playable and marginally better than console port, except that people underestimate how low quality bar is set for console gamers. There are some games where they are completely broken on PC like that batman game, but that is exception not the rule
>>
>>332632421
Unless you do rendering and editing having an i5 or i7 isn't gonna make a difference for gaming.
>>
>>332632556
As I said here >>332632189
I'm not bothered by graphics, it's efficiency. Frame Rate and Resolution is what I look for, not so much about lens flares and texture detail (within reason, texture bugs and textures not loading is a pain in the ass).
>>
>>332632716
>frame rate and resolution is what I look for
Then you're already answered your own question all along, friend.
>>
>>332632609
I'm thinking about in the long run, better not to have to keep upgrading if I'm one step ahead. It's like getting a 4k monitor now but not really stressing about it since it's not quite the norm at least moment. Give it awhile and HD monitors won't be a thing.
>>
>>332630087
Im pc master race but this image is fucking cringe. First of all apu+ 260x is cancer.
Secondly ddr3 and ggdr5 are completely fucking different Gpu memory vs System memory.
Third. The cpu is better but a couple problems one. Ipc is not taken into account, not every cpu performans the same at the same clock.
2 core count. No game for pc goes past 4 threads so any more would be retarded anyway but ps4 utilizes 8 threads for 8 cores.
3 raw compute for gpu =/= ingame performance. Drivers api, and so much more come into the equation otherwise amd would have killed nvidea by now. And the ps4 can beat a 260x thanks to low level optimization.

Also as for your post. Amd CPUs are a bit behind in terms of IPC. But gpus are same shit no difference really
>>
>>332631458
Get a Desktop. Not only will you be able to run more games, but the games you can barely run on a Laptop will run like a dream on one.

Here's a PC you can get for more or less the cost of a Console.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wVkvzy
>>
>>332632820
You see, that's the thing. Xbox One is catching up to PC in terms of frame rate (and a little bit of resolution, couch gaming at 900p or 1080p isn't a major difference. No, fps is the bigger issue) so I can't fully justify building a PC. You all remember how the 360 progressed, think about how Oblivion and Skyim run on the same console, the latter clearly looking superior. Xbox One is gonna do the same with future titles. I'm thinking about gaming in the long run. I'm probably gonna go with PC at this rate.
>>
>>332633186
I can't tell if /v/ shills or bashes the fuck out of AMD.
>>
>>332633240
Are trolling or are you really this stupid?
If all you care about is framerate and resolution and you hate textures that pop-in and long loading screen there is no reason for you to not get a PC.
The biggest issues consoles are plagued with are resolution, framerate, and texture pop-in.

So please, stop being a fucking retard and get a PC.
>>
>>332629514
Which friend you like the most? pick that one.
Think long term.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.