[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were you biggest game dissapointment in your life? >HoMM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Spazzmaticus.png (388 KB, 787x600) Image search: [Google]
Spazzmaticus.png
388 KB, 787x600
What were you biggest game dissapointment in your life?

>HoMM IV
We saved Enroth so many times(Three M&M games, Three HoMM games+three expansions) just to be destroyed in gay swordfight that have no sense because how people could escape from nuclear explosion in size of half of the planet , then the gameplay was shit, campaighns were boring, graphics were bland soulless and too colourful, the only things I like was leveling up to another class and of course the music

>Morrowind
I bought new graphic card just for this game and it was a backstabbing, boring gameplay, retarded weapon swings with no hit, shitty graphics even for that time(only good thing muh water) empty reas, locations looked the same all over

>WoW
I could't afford WoW when it came out I was so jelly that my friend played this without me, when I finally got a job the game was raped, lore, community and gameplay went to garbage
>>
>>332628227
the intro cinematic for HoMM4 was so bad that its good. almost makes up for the rest of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kqY76h9AlA
>>
Diablo 3
>>
>>332628227
I liked homm4. Also in armageddon's blade campaign you can see Gelu getting corrupted by the power of the blade. I kinda predicted that something bad will happen. Yeah better shill for shitty frankensteins that ubisoft makes. Ashan is so shitty.
>>
>>332628227
The campaigns in HoMM IV had great writing though, probably the best in the series. Half-Dead alone redeemed that game for me although it did take a massive leap back in everything.
>>
File: ultimate faggotry.jpg (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ultimate faggotry.jpg
141 KB, 800x600
>>332628502
I wasn't even mad when they made HoMM V something just broke inside of me when I saw first screenshots
>>
>>332628227
>just to be destroyed in gay swordfight that have no sense because how people could escape from nuclear explosion in size of half of the planet , then the gameplay was shit, campaighns were boring, graphics were bland soulless and too colourful, the

the quest to get two gay swords was whole homm3 campaighn so it like you have homm3 to blame that happen
the gameplay is our opinion but you cant tell that campaighns werent well writen like a fucking book and the intros were made with some effort . homm4 have special artstyle that you might not like but you cant say its soulless every unit in there is like somewhat original design
>>
>>332628621
writting is good but they are poorly executed
>>
>>332628716
literally whats wrong here
>>
>>332628857
everything
>>
>>332629219
dude 3d grapmhic
is gud
>>
>>332628371
It's actually the est neoblizzard game
>>
File: 1446029825127.jpg (14 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1446029825127.jpg
14 KB, 480x480
>Might and Magic IX
What a way to shit on a grave of a great franchise. Everything that could be wrong was wrong. It's so bad that even the new M&M X game is kinda decent compared to it.
>Disciples III
The game was outsourced to a bunch of Russian chucklefucks and released in half baked state after loads of delays. It took em three expansions and a full rework to make the game somewhat playable, too bad no one cared about it at that point.
>Heroes of Might and Magic VI
HoMM V was pretty good considering that it was also outsourced to a bunch of Russian chucklefucks, but then Ubisoft decided that Russians were too expensive, so they hired some czech studio that only made one incredibly mediocre Warhammer Fantasy game before. The result was an unfinished buggy mess that successfully proved that IV wasn't the lowest point for the franchise.
>Dawn of War II: Retribution
DoW II was a promising game with interesting approach to multiplayer, but it was bogged down by stupendous amounts of game breaking bugs and shitty balance. I hoped that Retribution would resolve the problem, but nope, Relic dropped the game's support a couple of months after it's release, Imperial Guard was also a shitty faction with some very questionable design decisions in regards to their units. Like Ogryns having same armour type as fucking Terminators. Or Catachan melee damage type (they fight in melee by hitting the enemy with butts of their shotguns by the way) being the same as power swords.
>>
Master of Orion 3

It is the sequel to one of the best games ever, and it's incredibly bad. It just shit the bed in every respect, it's a fucking useless bore that rapes everything that made the previous games so incredibly good. That game destroyed my child-like imagination and blind faith in video games at the ripe age of 16
>>
>>332631346
>shitting on Catachan
They grew up on a fucking jungle planet wrestling down huge fucking monsters and whatnot using their bear hands. Of course them swinging anything at all should be at the power of power swords.
>>
>>332628716
They ruined it by abandoning rich and long storyline for bland crappy fantasy. Homm5 was playable but it still broke my heart as a long time fan of might and magic.
>>
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.