[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
Find a flaw
>>
Not as good as Revelations
>>
Combat is easy as fuck. Otherwise it's a very fun game
>>
Just started playing it last night and its my first AssCreed game.

I really hate how both running and parkour are tied to the same button, you should just run naturally by tilting the stick like in most games.

Combat also seems like it's pretty bland but I'll wait until I have more options and upgrades unlocked before I pass judgement.

Seems pretty fun besides that though.
>>
>>332623965
Its not a AC game, is a game of pirates.
>>
>>332623965
>zero explanation for why you're a dirty pirate hobo but somehow still able to do elite tricksy assassin shit, even when the Spanish dude hands you some wrist blades and asks you to put on a show, you're still able to do it flawlessly for no fucking reason at all
>swimming up to a ship, climbing on it, and killing everyone on board does not let you sail the ship, nor give you the cargo/parts, only shooting it with your ship and then boarding it as a crew does
>MC is retarded enough to think he can sell a spy-tower to people

Honestly, the flaws aren't that offensive. It's probably the most fun AC game for me.

I wish the combat was a little more in-depth and the "IRL future" segments didn't exist at all, but still a solid 7.5 or 8 out of 10.
>>
>>332623965
Ubisoft.
>>
Can't put on hood manually, this severely triggered my autism
>>
It's shallow as fuck.
>>
>Random pirate guy defeats an Assassin
>Random pirate guy has the skills of an assassin
>Ship upgrades are literally recolours
>Butchered and watered down recruit system to the point where it's a facebook app number shit
>Butchered and watered down combat animations when in 3 you could feel the brutality and skill of connor. Here you are not only confined to just dual wield, but animations are even less than in Brotherhood and no interactivity
>Butchered and watered down homebase upgrade system. Just add 3 rooms and 2 houses and that's all your base is going to upgrade. Trend that stayed in Unity where the upgrades are minor shit too and not map changing stuff
>Ending had the dumb moment anons think is "feely" where you are supposed to feel sad watching at a table filled with people who betrayed and tried to kill you except for 2 maybe 3
>Fucking bugs everywhere
>>
Swashbuckler swashes a lot, but no buckler
>>
Blackbeard dies in a cutscene even though ingame you probably coulda killed everyone on the ship with ease.

Big flaw: They try to pass that one pirate off as a guy when you know from the first time you see "him" that its a woman
>>
>>332624056
Revelations sucked.
>>
If you haven't 100% it yet, you can't anymore. No skeleton crew for you.
>>
Uplay
>>
This is no assassins creed game, cause if u look at it like that, it sucks, but ifu look at it like a pirate game, it's one of the best games ever.
>>
>>332623965
Tailing mission the game
>>
>>332624781
Seriously. I was like "Why is everyone acting like this woman, with the face of a woman, hips of a woman and voice of a woman, is a man?"

Even if it literally was a man, I have zero doubt that other pirates would have still tried to rape.
>>
Needs more sea shanties.
>>
You have to leave your ship.
>>
>>332625003
THEEEEE WORST OLD SHIP THAT EVER DID SAIL SET OUTTA HARWICH ON A WINDY DAY
>>
>>332625638
AND ITS WINDY OLD WEATHER BOYS
STORMY OLD WEATHER BOYA
WHEN THE WIND BLOWS, WE ALL HOLD TOGETHER
>>
>>332624245
>zero explanation for why you're a dirty pirate hobo but somehow still able to do elite tricksy assassin shit

I just figured being a badass pirate hobo gives you those abilities out of necessity. You are constantly "training" buy climbing the boat's rigging and sails and using those rope swings and shit. And stabbing countless merchants with your hobo shank is good assassin dagger practice.

Assassins and templars are faggots anyways, not the greatest fighters in the world, just some gay club that murders people.
>>
It's still an Assassin's Creed game
>>
>>332623965

>Pirate game
>Ships don't even have any anchors or proper rigging
>>
Like most Ubisoft games it's pretty padded and becomes boring eventually.
>>
>>332626001
>flags flapping to the back of the ship when moving along the wind
>>
>>332623965

>Have to grind the fuck out of the game to get a few fun unlocks even after game completion

>Diving missions with sharks

>Uplay
>>
>>332623965
forced stealth sections with boats
>>
>>332623965
>Ass Creed
>Ubisoft
>Shadowing Missions
Not very hard.
>>
>>332623965
No fucking people to assasinate.
>>
>>332623965
Legit the most fun i had in an AssCreed game.
The fucking shanties alone made me want to just sail around with my bros and fuck shit up and they are one of the best collectibles in recent memory
>>
>>332626131
>>flags flapping to the back of the ship when moving along the wind

Kek I hadn't noticed that, well spotted
>>
Half of the game is a flaw. Assassin's Creed IV was a great pirate game stapled to a shitty game. Almost everything about it being an open sea sailing adventure was fantastic. The problem is that it had stillborn fetus of Assassin's Creed attached to it, so everything that wasn't high seas pirate adventure was garbage. Almost every single story mission was one of the following: "tail that guy," "tail that guy while staying in this moving circle," "chase after that guy you just finished tailing," and "tail that guy, but now you're in a boat."

I've mentioned in a previous thread that it really felt like the developers wanted to make a straightforward pirate game and were forced into making Assassin's Creed. I mean, all of the modern-day/future stuff is about how you're working for Ubisoft, which is an evil Templar subsidiary, and the game literally starts with a pirate putting on the clothes of an assassin; almost an allegory for the entire game.
>>
File: 1459247065040s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1459247065040s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>332626131
>this autistic
>>
>>332626348

>Being anti-technology

You don't deserve video games anon
>>
File: wdytwa.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
wdytwa.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>332626348
>>
>>332623965
My favourite assssassins creed game and I own most of them. It's only one I've played through.

Hmm more varieties to ships and upgrades. Modern time parts sucked. Every island wasn't accessible.

All in all it was a good game
>>
>>332623965
>I'm your QC analyst while getting zero pay
eat a dick
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.