[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRESPASSER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Beserk_2.png (235 KB, 388x484) Image search: [Google]
Beserk_2.png
235 KB, 388x484
TRESPASSER
>>
>>332621759

HEY!
>>
WHOZZAT!?
>>
>that one secret that required you to jump on a berserker's arm as it swung and hit you to reach a ledge.
>>
That. Fucking. Soundtrack.

Gets me hard every time
>>
>>332623851
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGwZgjOHNeo
>>
>>332623835
You couldn't just rocketjump?
>>
So when is Quake 1 getting a sequel?
>>
>>332624369
play Arcane Dimensions
>>
>>332624425
I did. It's fantastic but not Lovecraftian enough with all the Hexen stuff it uses.
>>
>Wolfenstein 3D - singleplayer game
>Doom - singleplayer game
>Doom 2 - singleplayer game
>Quake - singleplayer game
>Quake 2 - singleplayer game
*record scratch*
>all new games are always multiplayer centered
>they even outsourced Return to Wolfenstein to another studio, since they are allergic to singleplayer now

Why?
>>
>>332624425
>>332624797

New version with new maps and monsters confirmed for June, bros
>>
>>332624927
>all new games are always multiplayer centered
they only developed 4 other games after quake 2, and half of them were single player focused
>>
>>332625009
Oh shit. Who's making the new maps? Hopefully it's the good authors and not whoever made Cruical and Bogbottom.
>>
>>332624927
Quake was literally multiplayer focused from the start. Carmack designed the entire engine around network play.
>>
File: rage-all-high2[1].jpg (929 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
rage-all-high2[1].jpg
929 KB, 2560x1600
>>332624369
>>
>>332624425
Is this mouse driven?
>>
Anyone have that one story detailing about how the bots in multiplayer would learn and adapt to players and shit?
>>
>>332625746
Yes? It's a mod/map pack for Quake 1 that was released recently, very good for the most part with a few engine tweaks and addition that I almost wish were part of the base game.
>>
>>332625461

No details on that yet, just "6 new maps (some remix and some brand new)"

http://celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=61270&start=732

Maybe sock might say if you asked him. He's looking for feedback for the current version and feature requests too.
>>
>>332625758
But thats made up.
>>
>>332625916
I know, I just like to read it. I'm bored over here, man.
>>
File: dawning realization.gif (427 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
dawning realization.gif
427 KB, 200x198
>>332624119
As a kid I never understood rocket jumping. It never even occurred to me.

And I only ever played this as a kid. AND IT HASN'T OCCURRED TO ME TILL NOW.

I spent my youth convinced that all those items and things placed high up on boxes were just some kind of developer joke to pick on the player. I even went to lengths to learn a berserker's hammer swing could propel me high enough to reach a certain secret.

My whole life is a lie.
>>
>>332626116
I remember playing my first id game, Dangerous Dave.
There is SO MUCH shit that seems impossible to collect. So many secrets.

We need Romero tier level designers today, we really do.
>>
>>332626116
Funny enough there's a secret in one of the Quake 2 expansions, not sure which, where the game denies you anything and goes, "Nothing for you, pesky jumper!" or some shit like that.
>>
>>332625895
Neat, at least I have something to look forward to this summer.

I don't actually have an account there and don't want to post bitching about how stupid Cruical's secret design is, especially compared to Lavamountain which does the same thing but better, and aside from that I've never even made a map (having only been inspired to try after playing AD and seeing what's possible) so what do I know about mapmaking?
>>
>>332626276

You can post without making an account
>>
>>332626276
>secrets that have zero indication to them

Hate those, to be honest.
At least have some little thing, like missing bolts, or one of the bars missing, or a slightly different ting, or a glimmer behind it. Any little thing to make me consider it.
Else once I find one of those secret areas I am obliged to shoot every wall for the rest of the game just in case.
>>
>>332626276
Are there any other grates curved on a wall like that?
>>
TRAITOR
>>
>>332625009
Is it going to just be another collection of shotgun start maps instead of an actual episode? Shit gets real fucking old.
>>
>>332626471
Yes, you pass through another air vent later on with another grate like that that doesn't do anything. There's also grates on the ceiling, on the floors, on the walls, etc etc, and every single other one you can break is visibly cracked, like this.
>>
>>332624369
Probably if the new Doom actually ends up being a popular title, otherwise it's never going to happen.
>>
>>332629081
The latter scenario is preferrable.

You know a modern Quake 'reboot' would just be a Doom half-reskin because retards and mouthbreathers don't care about the difference.

>QU4KE™, THE HOT NEW SEQUEL TO BETHESDA SOFTWORKS™' CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED FPS, DOOM™
>FIVE WEAPONS
>SIXTEEN SUPER BRUTAL FATALITIES
>SUPER FAST MULTIPLAYER WITH UP TO FOUR PEOPLE PLAYING PEER TO PEER
>ARE YOU READY TO GO BACK TO HELL™?
>>
They say 'Trespasser'? Shit, I've been playing Quake 2 since it came out and could never understand what these goofballs were saying.
>>
>>332629229
>super fast multiplayer
>with cut scenes for melee kills
>>
>>332629229

Well to be fair, 6 of the weapons were more or less direct upgrades

Shotgun -> Super Shotgun
Nailgun -> Super Nailgun
Grenade Launcher -> Rocket Launcher

Also the axe was fucking useless.
>>
>>332629725
SN is a direct upgrade to the Nailgun, but the others I'd say are sidegrades- the GL and RL do have somewhat different damage and falloff (not to mention lobbing grenades around a corner vs. running around with the rockets and blowing yourself up on whatever's standing there), and the standard Shotgun is always a reliable backup weapon for plinking medium range targets if you don't want to waste nails while the SSG becomes a waste past pissing range.
>>
>>332624041
Oh baby, that's my JAM
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.