[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy a game that requires online connection to launch via
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: came here to laugh.png (100 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
came here to laugh.png
100 KB, 375x375
>buy a game that requires online connection to launch via Steam
>Steam goes down
>cant play the fucking game
>Steamdrones think their shit is any different from DRM
>>
Steam is the main reason why I can't get into PC gaming.

PC Master Race memers need to fucking kill themselves.
>>
File: 1435924765824.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1435924765824.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>332615137
>I don't know what is offline mode
>I love my ps4
>>
>>332616405
>that requires online connection to launch

Learn to read, Steamdrone.

You know that game that has an online-only mode you want to play? Yeah, you cant do that if Steam is down.
>>
File: gdO9khK.png (769 KB, 857x600) Image search: [Google]
gdO9khK.png
769 KB, 857x600
>>332617442
>I don't know what is offline mode
>I don't know what mandatory fw updates on physical copies are
>>
>>332617442
You mean the "feature" the developers chose to do that and not Steam itself?
You mean like every console game in the past 3 years?

This isn't a Steam thing, this is a shitty developer thing. Don't pretend like it isn't.
>>
Did rugganigger get fired from his job already? Aren't you supposed to be busy being a wagecuck instead of shitposting on /v/?
>>
>>332615137

Steam doesn't require you to be online. The games do.
>>
>>332617741
>>332617774
Since you are too dumb to understand, I will give you a straight example: buy an MMO via Steam and then try to launch it while the service is down.
>>
>>332618532
Fuck
Steam stores the credentials for offline use
Press the 'use offline mode '
do you really tested it?
>>
What the fuck are you talking about, i have 280 games and ive never had to log online to play a game unless it was online
>>
>>332618532
No I understand. What you don't seem to understand is that has absolutely nothing to do with Steam and is entirely to do with the developers choosing to make it work like that.
>>
>>332618532
Ok now I think I understand
some games require first launch online
but that's a Dev based restriction

Offline mode in steam is solid as fuck, my main gaming rig is offline 24-7 and only burnout stopped working because ea
>>
Give me one fucking example of a game
>>
>>332618762
Offline mode does NOT let you connect to one the game's servers.

>>332619042
>>332619070
>it's the developers fault that Steam doesn't let you connect to the game's server unless you are connected to Steam too
>>
>>332619181
That's not drm
that's for object jewing mate
And rankings matchmaking and shit
>>
>>332619181
>>it's the developers fault that Steam doesn't let you connect to the game's server unless you are connected to Steam too
First correct thing you said so far
>>
>>332619391
So it's their fault then that Steam doesn't have option to use game's online features without needing to actually be connected to Steam? I don't think this is an impossible thing to implement. It's done on purpose. It's pseudo-DRM bullshit.
>>
File: 1437177766882.gif (595 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1437177766882.gif
595 KB, 480x360
>>332615137
>>
File: uE3wgyc.png (136 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
uE3wgyc.png
136 KB, 600x603
>>
>>332620139
>Unlimited blade works
>Clearly that is gates of Babylon behind the fish
>"I should point this ou.....wait a minute...."

Well placed bait.
>>
>download game on steam
>can't play offline
>go download a Crack

Wow, that was hard.

Also steam may be drm but I do enjoy being able to keep my games all in a digital library rather than cluttering up my room with videogame bullshit. So glad I don't have to chase around discs when I want to play a game. I don't really understand peoples butthurt about having to be online to play games either. It's not like most of you don't have a constantly stable internet connection. Steam isn't like ever down either and if it is its no longer than maybe a couple of minutes.

I think some of you people just look for fucking anything to complain about.
>>
>>332615137
>buy a game that requires online connection to launch via Steam
>enable offline mode
>steam goes down
>can play anyway
It is DRM, nobody forces you to use it to play games however.
>>
>>332622123
>buy game
>download malware
>pirate it to be playable if steam will eventually die or fuck something up, or you just will be out of connection without any alert.
ok, seems reasonable
>>
>>332618532
>buy MMO via steam
>any respectable MMO have it's own launcher because it'd dependent on it's own subscription system
>make shortcut on desktop
>play even when steam is down because game checks integrity and legality via it's own launcher

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.