[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Black Desert. What's it like, is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 620x350
Tell me about Black Desert. What's it like, is it good? Is it fun? Does it have a good, sizeable community? What does /v/ like about it that prompts it to pop up here?
>>
It's decent. I'd suggest playing it now if you are interested, the community probably won't last long.
>>
If you like PvP and ganking especially, it's literally the best game you'll ever play.
>>
>>332612284

Game just launched in na/eu so the community is sizeable. Leveling fast is about grinding large numbers of mobs.

It's like an action rpg with a ton of random aspects of the world made into gameplay. Horse taming, sailing, being a traveling merchant.

It's made with longevity in mind. Unlike mmos with a single set experience, players can do whatever they want. Everything is ranked, so players can become renowned however they want.
>>
the servers are overflowing
the combat is fun
the game is trash
>>
It's fun, but I would honestly enjoy it more if grinding wasn't the only way to level up.
>>
>>332613086
but does it have a fishing minigame?
>>
triss is best girl
yen a shit
>>
>>332615056
yes
>>
>>332612284
its pretty shit...i mean if you start now, you'll be eternally rekt by everyone who has been playing since day 1. that's just how the game works. the entire game is just grinding and pulling metaphoric slot machine levers
>>
>>332615134
you actually sold me then, that sounds comfy as heck if not anything else
>>
>>332615606
the fishing minigame is waiting 1-5 minutes, pressing space, then a randomized series of keys using 'wasd', it's not that comfy or enjoyable
>>
>>332615606
It's not that comfy to fish when there's 45 people fishing in the same spot as you making it take forever to actually get a bite.
>>
i tried it for 20 levels and i wasn't impressed.

i thought it would be different than all the other mmorpgs but its just another run of the mill terra/blade and soul type game with decent combat and cool character creation

i don't particularly find all the nuances in these 3d mmorpgs fun in anyway so im pretty biased and dismiss these type of games easily though
>>
It's shiny shit
Combat could be fun but the AI sucks and packs of mobs just die like bitches
Haven't tried pvp but it seems it's a gankfest so no thanks
Lots of minigames but they actually just require you to wait, feels like facebook or browser games

Won't be playing it again, buyer's remorse
>>
Seems alright but not very polished. I saw a few """raiding""" clips and those were probably the worst boss fights I've seen in a while.
>>
>>332615272
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>332615272

Exactly what he said. Scaling goes out of control after the soft cap at 50.

Run into a guy who started on day 1, even 1 level above you, you're done. He will 1 shot you and you'll be lucky to get him down to 99% health.

And since it's a PvP game, once you've hit 45 you are open to be ganked by anyone in the game at any time outside the cities. That includes when you're transporting your items (You need to physically get a cart and drive them around through PvP territory to get them to other areas)

Honestly don't bother starting now. Day 1 or break in these kind of games.
>>
>>332617748

>WoWtard looking for raiding in a sandbox PvP game

You're looking for a themepark MMO, try FF14.
>>
>>332612284
p2w shit with no trading between players
all the cool things people were initially hyped for have been removed or modified to uselessness
>>
>>332618497

>p2w

Yeah all those cosemetic items

>Muh ghillie suit

Literally 0 advantage, you're easy to see still and you still appear on the minimap.
>>
>>332618603
>cosemetic
literally boost your stats
>>
>>332618634

Literally no.

Or are you some vodkanigger with a shit regional cash shop?
>>
>>332612284
anyone know how to make it perform better?
>>
>>332618703

Stop falling for the budget PC meme.
>>
>>332618657
>Literally no.
literally yes
did you conveniently forget about the stamina boosting outfit, shill?
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-30+at+05.15.08).jpg (799 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-30+at+05.15.08).jpg
799 KB, 1920x1080
Photo mode is gr8
>>
>>332619187
You can also lean your back against a wall to detach your camera.
>>
>>332618603
yes, literally all of the cosmetic items are $20+. want your character to ever look different from the starting level 1 character? that'll be $20-30!

defend this
>>
>>332620069

That is not pay to win by any definition, defend your retarded logic.
>>
>>332620097
clearly a different poster bringing up a different point about the cosmetic garbage.
>>
>>332620406

In response to a post about P2W cash shop. Read before you post in response to things, and get a psychiatrist, talking in third person isn't healthy.
>>
If its so good why do you only post pictures of your characters and not the game?
>>
I'm considering buying it, but no guest pass or trial.

I googled and it seems I can (accepting some bit of lag) try out the Russian version with a VPN.

Where do you download the Russian version? I've been searching for a while but all recent things don't say, and all older ones are just torrents to the old beta.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.