[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else really happy the villain is a girl? This game is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: latest.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else really happy the villain is a girl?
This game is one for the bros. Just an adventure with you and your best friends, no stupid women up and around ruining everything. The antagonist and smoking hot girl you must not be deceived by and beat down her ass.

Bros before hoes. This game can truly be something great.
>>
>>332608889
Thats the gayest thing Ive ever read
>>
Shut up, fag.
>>
Can t have friends that are girl.

Life is going to eat you up.
>>
>>332608889

calling it now, she's kefka
>>
>>332608889
why are her tits so big?
>>
who cares about that whore I want more Himecut
>>
>>332611725
Himecut a shit! A SHIT!
>>
I'll be looking forward to the doujins where the party beats her and then gangrapes her.
>>
>>332611665

to feed her dragoon babies?
>>
>>332611665
FF girls always have big tits
>>
>>332608889
Lightning's costume from FFXIII-3?
>>
>>332608889
I gander that the actual villain is the old dude in white. Dragoon girl is probably just a lieutenant of his.
>>
>>332608889
>Protecting the shit out of your face with a huge mask while leaving your heart wide open to attack

Priorities
>>
>>332608889

>no "strong female characters" who aren't villains

thank God
>>
File: 1457494945626.gif (109 KB, 209x193) Image search: [Google]
1457494945626.gif
109 KB, 209x193
>>332612990

>leaving your heart wide open to attack
>yfw she falls in love with Noctis
>Noctis pierces her heart in more ways than one
>>
>>332612990
tits are a asset in psychological warfare in japan
>>
File: 1456430343290.gif (1006 KB, 256x199) Image search: [Google]
1456430343290.gif
1006 KB, 256x199
Post yfw she joins your party
>>
>>332612990
> He looks for practical design in a JRPG.

Sensibility.
>>
>>332613148
If only. Would be pretty refreshing to have an unorthodox love interest instead of the generic childhood friend love interest like Luna obviously is.
>>
>>332611665
Why not?
>>
>>332613601
it looks stupid
>>
>>332613546

having a villainess fall in love with the protag and being the bad girl to the good girl love interest is a fairly recurring fictional trope. Usually it ends with the "bad girl" dying.
>>
>>332613987
That doesn't make her THE love interest though. That is the one who wins. And sadly the winner of love triangles is almost always the 'purest' one, and in the case of video games the childhood friend.
>>
>>332613664
It wouldn't look less stupid if she had small tits. The design itself is stupid.
>>
NEW GIRL IN THE CAR CONFIRMED!
>>
>>332614142
It's only stupid because you're a landwhale.
>>
>>332614140

I've always had a thing for that trope though. Bad girl who really isn't too bad falls for MC. Dies by MC's hand or dies saving him. The fact that she loses or suffers tragedy because of her love for a man already taken gives me a feeling of catharsis I suppose
>>
File: 1443917647643.jpg (203 KB, 1247x675) Image search: [Google]
1443917647643.jpg
203 KB, 1247x675
>>332612990
>People still look for sensibility in JRPG design
>In current fucking year
>>
>>332614493
I can understand that, but the issue is that said bad girl usually ends up being much more interesting than the main girl as a result. And otherwise I'm beyond tired of every love interest being almost the same character type.
>>
>>332614967

The problem is that the only way for the bad girl to win is either for her to purify herself or for the hero get down & dirty himself. The former rarely ever works out right because it's difficult to purify a bad girl without eliminating those "bad" traits that make her appealing in the first place and usually the MC can't be expected to stay bad boy for long because he's got a responsibility, which is why you usually will see MC go bad for awhile just to break bad girl's heart when he decides her lifestyle isn't for him and so they can't be together.
>>
>>332614967
There is only so much you can do with love interests. Either they are a childhood friend or some girl you happen to meet and fall with right away.

I do grow tired of childhood friend. I wish there were more villain girl love interests, but not here necessarily defecting, but kind of a gray area where she is giving mixed signals. A weakness for her.

Or hell maybe even reverse it and make it so the MC falls for the villain girl, and its HIS weakness/character flaw. Has any game done that before?
>>
>>332615216
You could remedy this by making it so that she was never really 'bad' and/or works to redeem herself but without dying. However that would probably require too much effort for writing when it's usually easier to just say "Oh the MC and the love interest were childhood friends so yeah, they're in love!" The alternative is the "Love at first sight" deal.

>>332615349
I just want something less standard. It's always so predictable and boring because of that.
>>
>>332615349
Closest I can think of is blue dragon, but it doesn't really count if I remember right
>>
>>332615216
You could have the bad girl continue to be smug and taunting, or an angry berserker, or cold and professional, etc, except she's now doing it for your side. Some character traits can remain, especially if they use the equally common trope of her being deceived or raised by the actual boss.
>>
>>332615216
I mean, you could have a "bad" girl who fights the party out of loyalty to another force. She wouldn't be the big bad, but it might work. you don't even have to make her join your party at the end, just have her refuse to help, but stop fighting them
>>
>>332616013
>>332616175

it would be possible if the bad girl love interest was the only love interest, but in the context of a game like FFXV, any other love interests Noctis might have, bad or not, will lose to Luna.
>>
>>332614967
Then turn gay.
>>
Do we still only play as the edgy faggot?

I was hoping for character switching or something.
>>
>>332621349

I think it's just Noctis with companion combos
>>
>>332614140
Don't you mean the most mentally stable one?
>>
>>332614967
Interesting because she can't be dated and is out to kill me? Rather dumb and in no reason should be considered dateable you moron.
>>
>>332613664
fag
>>
>>332614140
> And sadly the winner of love triangles is almost always the 'purest' one,

Huh never thought about it but now thinking about it it seems to be true even any literature. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is the one from the Witcher books though I don't know if it even counts as a love triangle considering the main character doesn't even think twice about fucking the "pure" chick and just sticks to loving the other one while the "pure" chick is obsessively in love with him. Is that a love triangle or is a love triangle when the protagonist has to return the feelings?
>>
File: 1458586484431.jpg (162 KB, 1282x1444) Image search: [Google]
1458586484431.jpg
162 KB, 1282x1444
>>332623859

The bad girl love interest in a love triangle between herself, a good boy dindu nuffin and a pure girl exists mainly to be heart broken. Wanting the bad girl to win would suggest she's actually a good girl who deserves happiness and that her badness is more or less a front or a shield to protect her from being hurt or is just there because she's never known anything different until the MC shows up and shows her how things could be different. Other times she exists to be put through untold suffering as the cruel hand of fate prevents her from having a more happy existence that might bring out that good in her. And there is of course the temptress who attempts to bring the MC into her parlor, corrupt his innocence and make her his, and is sometimes unable to comprehend why our good guy MC is so turned off by her, which usually leads to her suffering as she wants to possess him but can't make her love him because she can't or won't change. Lastly, she may exist to change at the moment it's too late for her to lead a happy life. There's a lot of times when the bad girl falls in love with MC, it's implied that MC is also in love with her (while also still loving the good girl), the girls decides to make a change so she can be with him, but this change itself results in her dying or suffering some great loss, making the MC both the best and worst thing to happen to her.

In a bad girl/good girl love triangle, the bad girl also usually exists to make some kind of statement about what happens to girls who aren't like the good girl of the triangle or to make a statement about just how shitty life can be for some people who aren't lucky enough to grow up in an environment that encourages them to be good or treats them like trash to the point that it destroys all their hope.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.