[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does ANYONE do arcade games better than these guys? I doubt it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 669px-Am2_palmtree.svg.png (76 KB, 429x232) Image search: [Google]
669px-Am2_palmtree.svg.png
76 KB, 429x232
Does ANYONE do arcade games better than these guys? I doubt it.
>>
I would argue NeoGeo
>>
Capcom and Namco
>>
>>332605510
They made daytona USA. Enough said.
AM2 and Yu Suzuki are devs that can do no wrong. Literally everything they touch turns to gold.
They also made F Zero GX and AX.
>>
>>332608379
>They also made F Zero GX and AX.
That was Amusement Vision. Unless there's some connection between them and AM2 I'm not aware of.
>>
>>332605510
>yfw the Virtua Cop games will never get arcade perfect console/pc ports
feels bad man
>>
>>332605510
Depends on the year range. Mid-late 80s Sega was fucking on point and had zero competition, 1990-1992 Sega had some oddly weak releases with some solid ones in there, and then there was Sega's long-ass golden age from 1993-1998, spearheaded by AM2's fantastic releases and some of the best hardware money could buy.
Taito did some crazy shit in the early 90s (like, 1990-1995), fucking loved those guys before they decided to stop fucking actually making games sometime in the late 90s -- they released things, but they didn't really seem to be the major force they used to be. Maybe not Sega/AM2 good, but definitely high tier. Had some really impressive games that competed with Sega's Super Scaler stuff.
Namco seemed to be in this pseudo-rivalry with Sega, there's a bunch of games that seemed like direct responses to something Sega released in the arcade, and had the quality to back it up.

I'm trying to think of other big, top-quality arcade devs and it's hard.
There's some mid-range ones I like a lot, such as Data East and Irem coming to mind, but nothing like the big trifecta of Sega, Taito, and Namco.

Man, Sega's Model 2 and Model 3 era was fucking wild, I don't think we'll ever see quality like that ever again.
>tfw AM2 is being squandered right now and hasn't worked on shit in forever
life is suffering
>>
>>332609297
And SEGA will never bring the excellent xbla version of Daytona USA to PC.
I fucking despise this company.
>>
File: daytona_usa_2.png (2 MB, 1282x747) Image search: [Google]
daytona_usa_2.png
2 MB, 1282x747
You have ten seconds to explain why you've never played Daytona USA 2.
>>
>>332610329
I have a toaster. Supermodel runs at like 20fps for me.
>>
>>332610329
Tfw no Good PC, Saturn or Dreamcast so I can't play Daytona 2 or any of the new content added in the updated versions of the original
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.