[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the etiquette with summoning in Dark Souls? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
So what's the etiquette with summoning in Dark Souls? I'm doing a marathon of DS/BB/DS and I started with DS2 and I'm stuck on a boss.

Is it looked down upon to summon someone or do some bosses just require you to summon for help?
>>
>>332601217
cuckholdry
>>
If you summon anything, you are awful at the video game.

There, now you know.
>>
>>332601217
Jolly CO operation is a huge part of all the games make a friend and wreck face. Then you go help a random
>>
>summon etiquette

There isn't even any real communication. Just play the game however the fuck you want.
>>
>>332601217
Generally OK to summon Solaire in Dark Souls 1. Solaire for Garg/O&S he levels the playing field but then for Gaping Dragon and Centipede he's useless.

Bloodborne you don't need to summon anyone [I'd make an allowance for Shadows though], they've made it a lot easier with the DLC patch since there's a lot more NPC summons in places. Although saying that they don't hit hard at all, just damage sponges.
>>
Bosses are balanced with single player in mind.
Who gives a fuck? Summon if you'd rather get help than get better, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>332601217
Did you seriously just stop playing to ask this

Just fucking summon someone and see how it pans out holy shit why do you need someone to hold your hand
>>
>>332602015

Only pussy faggots who summon every boss say shit like this.

Don't be this guy OP. Be a man.
>>
>>332601217
If you care about other's opinion about how you should play a videogame it's time to check your priorities
>>
>>332601217
Summoning on your first playthrough is disgraceful. After that it's fair game, but even then I don't see why you would. It's usually faster to do it alone.
>>
>>332601217
You should really summon every chance you get because its fun to play with other people and you get to learn about different combat styles and stuff.
Although the boss AI is super garbage (even normally) and fighting any of them with allies is going to break the game and ruin your experience.
>>
>>332602207
>summoning every boss

Bell Gargoyles/Orstein and Smough I understand but like 90% of the bosses in DaS are easy to solo
>>
>>332601217

Some bosses (O&S as a melee player comes to mind) are nearly impossible if you don't summon, gopher it
>>
>>332602368
>but even then I don't see why you would. It's usually faster to do it alone.

Its not. Summoning people will always yield faster better results.

Whats with the gamer tough guy act people like this retard do? Who cares if you summon or not. Its a video game. You can play it as you please.
>>
>>332602368
Not necessarily. I brought Solaire into Ornstein and Smough, and he wiped out Ornstein before I could blink.
>>
Try bosses without summoning at least. Since summoning adds HP to the boss, a lot of times it can make the fight harder for you overall. But it can be fun and you might learn how to better handle the boss yourself by watching another player.
>summoning NPCs
absolutely disgusting unless your platform co-op is dead
>>
>>332602959
360 summoning is broke as fuck and summoning always fails so I have to rely on the meme man for help

Which sucks because he is so retarded I'm certain it's just actual people dressed as him running up to the boss and disconnecting their controller
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.