[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman horror game >you are a criminal in Gotham and your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 14
File: ea1adcd34df75525144e1ab77a9c1387.jpg (921 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ea1adcd34df75525144e1ab77a9c1387.jpg
921 KB, 1920x1200
Batman horror game

>you are a criminal in Gotham and your job is to commit crimes, build up your wealth and become influential
>the Batman roams the city at night
>you never know where he is, you have no idea if he's following you and how close he is
>he can annihilate what you've worked in mere seconds if you don't watch yourself and try to be prepared
>if he catches you and you try to resist and don't beat him you'll end up crippled in a hospital and get transferred to Arkham if your crimes were severe enough
>there are other heroes or "neutrals" (like Catwoman who has no real affiliation) who roam the street at night like Nightwing or Azrael or any of the Robins
>your ultimate goal is either to completely corrupt Gotham and become its ultimate leader or to kill the entire Bat-family (which is incredibly hard because they have basically Arkham-City level of skills and gadgets at their disposal)

would you play it?
>>
that would depend entirely on if it was developed by any of those "enough prep time" assclowns
>>
>>332554227
who do you mean?
>>
I'd rather play superman 64
>>
Yeah, but can it beat Super Mario Brothers 2?
>>
What you mean make an open world horror game with a back-end based entirely in political campaign manager Gotham edition?
>>
Batman doesn't simply stop fighting crime when daylight comes.
>>
>>332555078
Like that. I want the gameplay to be somewhat "Hitman-esque" tho. Your control your character within the environment and try to manipulate other villains and goons in your favor through careful maneuvering and observation. Basically the more you openly murder or do bad shit the likelier it gets that the Bat comes after you. Of course it's easier to straight up kill people and steal without giving a fuck about leaving traces but leaving massive footprints behind every single time you commit a crime will lead Batman to you.

You are not superpowered or peak human like Batman or Deathstroke, you are fit enough to fight, kill and steal but you're not able to beat the Bat or any other hero/villain by beating the shit out of them so the entire time you work towards you goal you have to do it through careful planning or hire goons that will do your crimes for you and don't get yourself into too much danger.
>>
>>332553995
That would totally undermine the envision of batman being unbeatable, also you have no way of knowing if he's following so is it entirely jumps cares?
>>
>>332556978
No jump scares. The game simulates Batman and any other hero in a "realistic" fashion which means its not just going to randomly fucking spawn Batman above you with a screech like in most horror games. It's more like in Miasmata where the monster is always somewhere on the map and there are ways where you can draw it your way if you don't pay attention. So any "jumpscare" would be purely coincidental if Batman happens to come from a direction that you didn't expect.

>That would totally undermine the envision of batman being unbeatable

he's not, never was. There have been plenty of Batman stories where someone beat him. You can also chalk it up to being one of the alternative universes in which he died.
>>
depend of who is the developer and the core gameplay, but otherwise i can love a game like this
>>
>>332553995
Nice idea, but does it have to be Batman? Comic book heroes are shit and have been done to death
>>
>>332559562
I really don't care. But Batman is already an established character and if you're not going to use heroes it's basically just the police which would make the game too much like GTA or Mafia.
>>
What? Batman: Isolation?
>>
>>332553995
Is Batman a physical entity on the map at all times? No teleporting or cheating like that?

Can I become a super villain? Wear makeup/masks etc, have a themed gang?
>>
>>332564436
yeah, like that. Batman doesn't cheat if that's your question. But he's smart and if you leave even the tiniest of trace it could lead back to you.

And it's probably a given that you could become like the other villains, either a career-criminal like Catwoman or a batshit insane murderer like The Joker. It's up to you. A criminal like the Joker would obviously draw much more heat from Batman so if your goal is not to constantly confront him and try to kill him it makes sense to just stay low-profile.
>>
That actually sounds like a really fun concept. Would be pretty cool if a couple major villains were involved, and you could decide to ally with them for additional protection or work against them for independence.
>>
>>332564850
I like the idea of Batman having to do actual "detective" work to find you.

Like maybe when he's on the other side of town you could pull of a crime quietly, like say if you become a stealth oriented cat burglar.

Or maybe your gang distracts him on one side of town and robs a bank on the other.
>>
Sounds really cool if there's enough systems in play that it rewards player creativity, and you get to do fun things as the criminal to earn money and avoid being clobbered by batman.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 573x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 573x853
>>332564940
>play game
>create female thug
>cat woman style it
>fall in love with Batman
>he loves me too
>kill Selina Kyle in a jealous rage
>get gangbanged by Batman + all four robins(even the dead ones)
Day one buy
>>
>>332564940
yep. And replayability would come from the fact that you could try to change up each new run and take down the bat or take over Gotham in different ways. I guess the hardest difficulty would probably as a loner psycho killer. You catch too much heat from Batman and as a guy who just murders people you don't have the funds to buy yourself some body-guards or good weapons.
>>
>>332553995
Sounds fun. Can't have that.
>>
>>332565513
>be criminal
>download Batwoman DLC
>one of the nights Batwoman finds out where to find me
>beat her
>bring her to my hideout and mindbreak her
>she gets my babies and we found a happy family

Day one pirate
>>
>>332554301
The joke that Batman could beat any person or thing, living or fictional, given he was given any amount of time to prepare that he would need.
>>
>>332565830
Can Batman with prep-time beat Ramsay and 20 good men?
>>
>>332565519
How does the game work in other ways? How does it control? What does the playable area look like/how big is it? How tough is batman?
>>
I read somewhere that Batman isn't even the best martial artist in whatever his respective universe is.

Like for instance, Bruce Lee could probably beat him one on one.
>>
>get caught by batman
>hard as fuck boss fight
>but he is actually beatable
>beating him unlocks a secret ending
>more superheros come for you
>>
>>332566486
>Superman just ends you for killing batman
>>
>>332566486
>Actual final boss is superman who is in "has had enough of your shit" mode
>>
>>332566158
Not true. According to DCs rankings Karate Kid is the only character that isn't superpowered who can beat Batman through pure martial art skills. The only other one who was at one point able to do that is Shiva. Every other human villain who can beat Batman hand-to-hand is either physically enhanced (like Bain) or a meta-human with powers.
>>
File: batmans-rogue-gallery[1].jpg (129 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
batmans-rogue-gallery[1].jpg
129 KB, 1000x800
>>332564850
>>332553995

I would play the shit out of that. Sounds incredibly fun, and would at the very least be a breath of fresh air.

The problem would be getting a greenlight on the project when it involves allowing the player to potentially murder thousands of innocents, potentially including children (if Gotham is to feel real), in a DC licensed game.

Another problem is it would require an incredible amount of freedom and flexibility to be available to the player, it would be (probably) infeasibly complex. To really allow the player to be any type of villain, from a street thug to a Penguin-eish gangster trying to amass wealth and circumvent the law to a Joker-ish psychopath trying to outsmart Bats would require a huge amount of systems. Complicated economic systems (including stuff like insurance and fraud), forensic systems (including stuff to misdirect and cover up), legal systems, etc.

Awesome idea, but it need either some reeling in, or an infinite budget for both money and man hours.
>>
>>332566158
>>332566486
>train super hard and become the best martial artist ever
>beat Batmans ass
>kill Superman with a kryptonite spear

>>332566692
So become super. Jump into a vat of radioactive chemicals or get some Bain venom.

It would be cool if there were multiple ways to get super powers in the game, either through science accidents or something.
>>
>>332566139
I guess size is up to debate and would need some play-testing. If I was in charge of the game I'd first set up a miniature version of what I want the game to look like, just to see how it plays. As I already mentioned above, the game would primarily play like a Hitman game in the sense that your character has plenty of ways to interact with his environment but is obviously not superpowered or has any unrealistic abilities that allow him to just straight up murder people.
>>
Batman is stupid.

It's fun but it's stupìd.

What's worse is people don't acknowledging this and thinking it's mature.
>>
File: Disgusted Pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>332553995
WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANT TO PLAY AS SOME LOWLY GOON INSTEAD OF THE BATMAN?!?
>>
>>332566903
Imagine if there were random chances throughout the game where your character could potentially fall into a vat of chemicals or steal a magic space rock and get nuclear powers or infected by an alien symbiotic or something.

Dynamic criminal story telling and super villain origins! That could be a selling point.

Whatever you get stuck with you gotta roll with no matter how small or grand it is. Maybe getting cured becomes your mission so you go on crime sprees to fund a cure. I'd love to play a Mr. Freeze villain.
>>
>>332567197
Yeah, you might go a whole game without getting powers or it could happen on your first job/encounter with Batman.
>>
>>332553995
That doesn't sound scary at all.
>>
>>332567191
You're the reason we don't get innovative games. Fuck off. It's an interesting concept. If you want batman so bad, buy a life sized statue and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>332567197
yeah, it would essentially be like a Rogue-like. There are positive and negative traits your character can gain and you just gotta power through and try to beat the game no matter how shitty your character has been fucked by RNG. It wouldn't feel that bad to lose against Batman, sometimes it's much cooler to just be an insane asshole with some weird power and cause as much damage as possible before Batman figures out how to take you down.
>>
>>332567394
I don't know about you but hiding, being hunted etc is scary for me. Knowing there's something actively hunting me down is pretty terrifying.

Also maybe depending on the difficulty maybe it's just Batman or Batman plus one other, then another as difficulty rises.

Or maybe at the start it's just Batman but over the course of the game he gets Robin, then Batgirl, then Nightwing, then new Robin etc.
>>
>>332567659
>highest difficulty
>don't even leave my hideout because going to get ass-raped by Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Batwoman and Green Lantern the moment I leave the house.
>>
>>332567659
If I was being hunted by an unknown entity, sure I'd get scared. Not because I'm being chased but the unknown factor of not knowing what I'm against.
If I already know it's batman there's no way I could get scared at all.
Maybe get some suspense or tension before before getting caught but that's not what horror games are about at all. If it was then something like Metal Gear would be in that category as well.
>>
>>332567892
Are you sure about this? I've played Alien Isolation and that one was pretty scary even though you know that pretty much only the Alien is actively chasing you.
>>
>>332567892

Well it is a video game. No one is going to feel actual fear but imagine you and your goons robbing a place and suddenly one by one they start disappearing around you.

You think you see something in the rafters of the warehouse and open fire on it but it moves with preternatural speed.

>"It's the bat, oh god."

Or maybe you find out Batman is on the other side of town so this is something else. Gotham is a scary city.

On that note Gotham itself is a character. A fleshed out city with hidden places and creepy shit going on in the shadows would help.
>>
>>332567983
The Alien is a scary looking animal that would rip your insides out or rape you.
Batman would just punch you and put you in jail. And he has a personality that can be reasoned with, he's not even some sort of crazy psychopath that you never know what is thinking.
>>
>>332567561
So, you're saying that it would likely end up being a game that you would replay multiple times rather than, say, building a criminal empire up slowly over time?
>>
File: oh my god, jc.png (117 KB, 1248x1378) Image search: [Google]
oh my god, jc.png
117 KB, 1248x1378
>>332564850
Yeah, if there's actually a batman entity that walks around on it's own and looks for you or evidence of you doing crimes without being automatically drawn to your position I would spend years playing that. Only problem is that this level of scripting, AI, design and whatnot makes it way too ambitious for what it could potentially be worth. All this thread is doing is reminding us we will not live long enough to see this level of AI in a videogame.
Also making things like break in and murder someone your objective, that shit sadly ain't gonna fly, ever.
>>
>>332568323
would you think someone like The Punisher would be more suitable? Because that guy will straight up murder you and everyone who's associated with your business. He gives no fucks.
>>
>>332567561
Man, imagine getting turned into some shape shifting Clayface fucker or Inque.
>>
>>332566692

Doesn't Batman need help from Nightwing/one of the Robins to match Deathstroke in combat normally?
>>
I find it interesting that there's a decent number of superhero sandboxy games but games where you're a superpowered villain seem much rarer. The closest comparison I can think of is something like Prototype where you're not supposed to be evil necessarily but you still murder and snack on thousands of innocent people to achieve your objectives.
>>
>>332566486

>Can't kill Batman.
>Beating the fight only causes Superman/the Flash to blast through the wall and kick your ass.
>Only victory comes from knowing Batman needed backup to stop you.
>>
>>332568365
You could do the a.i. like have it "question" npcs that have "seen" you recently to track you or look for "evidence" of you being there like tire tracks, foot prints, finger prints depending on what you've touched or been.

I'm sure you could get a system in place that would work. Batmans a.i. would be a major feature of the game.
>>
>>332568481
I think it would be slightly better, yeah.
It all comes back to the unknown factor though.
Batman is just too predictable in it's outcome, the scariest things are always the ones that leave room to the imagination.
>>
>>332568328
It offers both. Depending on the type of player you are you can just keep rerolling characters and see where the game is taking you if you are more interested in playing a psycho or annoying the other villains. But if you truly want to "beat" the game and become the dictator of Gotham and kill Batman you actually need to put some planning in it and it will require you to build up your own criminal empire.
>>
>>332568759
>get arrested and thrown into a super max because you got a power that turned your head into a flaming radioactive skull that breaths radiation
>have to break out

Even normal non super prison breaks would be fun.
>>
>>332568563
Deathstroke uses weapons. If Batman gave no fuck about his "no-kill" rule Deathstroke would be absolutely no match for him. We were purely talking about Batman vs anyone in pure hand-to-hand combat.
>>
>>332555448
When does batman sleep, eat and shit then?
>>
Comic book fags. Do any of you have the panels I'm heard about where normal criminals say they are more afraid of Batman then Superman since Batman will fuck them up where as Superman will just tie them up and call the cops saved on your computers?
>>
>>332568328
Ever played Project Zomboid? In that game you can play long enough with foresight until you have a self-sufficient basement with crops and food supply that can keep you alive for years to come in the zombie apocalypse. Or you can be a drifter and go to house to house, always on the move and try to survive as long as you can without any real goal in mind.
>>
>>332555448
>>332569159
Batmans gotta take a break and he does often sleep during the daylight hours.

I think an added challenge would be trying to commit crimes during the day time when cops are more numerous and Batmans asleep.
>>
>>332569398
Yeah, it would also be near suicidal to rob banks during the day because there are just too many witnesses and having an army of cops at the doorstep who are ready to kill you isn't going to be that great for your long-term survival.
>>
>>332568880
The way I'm imagining it is that the gameplay would be like GTA V's heists mixed in with some more freeform and unique objectives like dealing with insubordinates and super villains. I'm assuming that the player character is going to be fairly competent so that you can still do a lot of things by yourself.
>>
File: 1338491039940.png (124 KB, 262x288) Image search: [Google]
1338491039940.png
124 KB, 262x288
>>332567191
This. When you buy a Batman game the last thing you want to be is some random mook. OP and people defending his stupid idea are a bunch of idiots that are too short sighted to see that this game would flop harder than the Wii-U.
>>
>>332569398
Would it be possible to discover Batmans identity? Maybe assault Wayne Manor or attack him while he's at work doing Bruce Wayne stuff.
>>
>>332568783
Yeah, but at this point that game would approach government funded simulators. Our batman would have to have several modes of avareness, execute "go look for clues", "reports of x, go ask civillians, beat and ask other bandits", shit like broken window would have to be analyzed seven ways to sunday, and you are talking about bullet casings, tire tracks and stuff. Propably a shit ton more stuff to do.
Meanwhile we still have games that despawn bodies in front of you and have 500 bullet holes limits. AI getting stuck on "native" terrain it is supposed to patrol. Try to imagine this running on a console.
>>
>>332569551

Well that and Superman might pop over if you cause too much of a ruckus. I know Bat's gets autistic when it comes to over heroes stopping crime in Gotham but Batman's options are limited during the day.
>>
>>332569637
Didn't gotham city impostors do good though?
>>
>>332569637
Oh, just as unsuccessful as the Gotham tv-show where Batman doesn't even exist yet? Because that's one of the most popular tv-shows right now and its main character is James Gordon. It doesn't even have many of the popular Batman villains yet.
>>
>>332569320
I don't sorry but I do also have a LOT of cops saved on my computer.
>>
>>332565830
But it's true though.
>>
>>332569871
So good it got taken off PSN and Live.

It was pretty neat.
>>
>>332569829
Naw, I doubt other heroes would get involved. At that point it's get a bit too much. I'd rather Superman and the other show up if I break Batmans back over my knee while hopped up on venom or detonate multiple bombs around the city while claiming myself king of Gotham and turning the mayors office into a throw room.
>>
File: 1288716326281.png (106 KB, 222x205) Image search: [Google]
1288716326281.png
106 KB, 222x205
>>332569928
>Because that's one of the most popular tv-shows right now

You poor deluded fool.
>>
>>332570074
yeah, other heroes could be endgame content when you manage to kill Batman or become god-emperor of Gotham.
>>
>>332553995
>make a batman game
>can't play as batman
What are you doing. The whole point of the batman franchise was how everything related to him, from the parallels in his nemeses to the idealism of his allies. Making a game about a random schmuck seems like a good idea on paper but it could only work if the character had any meaningful interaction with batman. Otherwise the game is basically colonial marines.
>>
>>332569637
I'd rather see a single ambitious Batman game crash and fail commercially than be subjected to another 10 increasingly shitty Arkham games that try to recapture the freshness and quality of the first two games.
>>
>>332570371
>make The Walking Dead game
>can't play Rick

that's how you sound, retard.
>>
>>332569964
because plot armor in canon, if it was a game it wouldn't be earth prime and you could do things you normally couldn't, like have Batman get beat to death by a group of thugs
>>
>>332569398
Depending on sources, batman only sleeps 3 hours a day but has mastered a method so that all 3 of those hours are REM sleep and he always wakes up fully rested.

Yes, it is that retarded
>>
>>332570168

Can normal criminals even do anything to the Flash? At least with supes, the average mook can find the odd kypnonite.
>>
>>332569737

Not really, there is already an established order of operation for investigators when it comes to crime scenes. This is the 21st century where procedure has been mass manufactured. It's just when it comes to batman he'll always have the best tools.

The real trick is keeping low profile so only cops are on your trail and then changing motive or switching methods during your operation. You don't want the Bat's attention, but you do want to be successful a level of risk and reward. And when you do catch the batman he will definitely not stop until he's put in a satisfactory amount of damage it.
>>
>>332570473
How about neither anon? you get your "fresh" take on it only for it to die and thus doom the future of similar ideas in original settings for the next decade perhaps longer simply because you wanted more Batman. Why would you want that?

Stop killing vidya with your shitty ideas.
>>
>>332570693
Flash can't predict the future. While he's pretty much able to outrun anything you've set up if his legs get stuck in a trap he's gonna get fucked up.
>>
>Completely open Gotham City
>Get to play as Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman
>Random crimes from generic criminals and the rogues gallery
>Crimes would very from a simple predator battle/combat/chase to unfolding an entire plot
>Episodic content that would be released in "seasons" and play out like an animated Batman series
>>
>>332553995
Cool idea OP. I'd play the shit outta this
>>
>>332570693
Supes or Flash aren't really street level, they can elave normal criminals to the police or any of the dozens of random other weak heroes
>>
>>332570828
>if his legs get stuck in a trap he's gonna get fucked up.

You do know he can do more than just run fast right anon?
>>
>>332570371
>any meaningful interaction with batman.
That's the whole point you dense fuck. You are doing your standard GTA stuff and steal purses and kill whores and 5 minutes later you are getting your spine broken in two. The whole thing would be about learning how does batman work and avoiding him, making it centered around the bat just the same as Arkham series but without control over him. Different point of view.
>>
>>332569737
It probably doesn't need to be that detailed, just have Batman hang around the area you were in for a while and use a system that's like the hitman ranking system to determine witnesses, evidence left, and so on. It doesn't actually need to do any investigating, just give a good impression of doing so.
>>
>>332570828
>>332571043
even if he does get trapped he can just vibrate out of it
>>
>>332570843
Only if it has Timm and Dini involvement otherwise no thanks.
>>
>>332570506
Not him but that analogy sucks anon, Rick is just a survivor (a shitty one at that) while Batman is the motherfucking Dark Knight, I'm not against a non Batman game but the trade off needs to be good.
>>
>>332570602
Didn't he train with ninjas and shit, wouldn't they be able to teach those skills to him. It's not completely nonsensical.
>>
>>332553995
no because batman isn't scary
>>
The problem with this game is that I know who Batman is and would crash a jet into Wayne manor. This idea would probably be cooler with an original superhero, or even a randomly generated one.
>>
>>332571163
we're not talking about the strongest version Flash. Peak Flash is basically a god.
>>
>>332570602
Polyphasic sleep patterns do exist you know. Look up the Uberman sleeping pattern.
>>
>>332570816
This kind of game already exists, autismo. It's called Alien: Isolation and wasn't exactly successful in the first place.
>>
>>332571359
I think phasing is a low tier speedster skill but I could be wrong.
>>
>>332571335

That's retarded anon. That's like saying every game has an alternate ending to reflect that you the player will know who the big bad is from the get go so you can just go kill them early.

They'd likely just put an invisible wall around the manor anyway.
>>
>>332571335
Yeah, this concept could work with any superhero, really. Batman just has the "swoop into your hideout at night and break every bone in your body" factor.
>>
>>332571359
I don't think it's hat hard a thing to do for a speedster, can't Kryptonians even do it?
>>
File: Hunter on the Prowl.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Hunter on the Prowl.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>332553995

I'd like to see what kind of shenanigans a retarded enemy AI batman would get up to (and you know there's no way they're getting around this), but other than that, no.
>>
>>332571725
well, maybe just use a room with sleep-gas, Flash can't phase himself out of falling asleep.
>>
>>332571505
>comparing your shitty idea to Isolation

Isolation is hunting done right, your idea is a very poor copy of it executed in a more shitty way.
>>
>>332571725

Depends on the power level established in a particular continuity.

Timmverse Superman couldn't do it IIRC.
>>
>>your ultimate goal is either to completely corrupt Gotham and become its ultimate leader

How is this gonna work when you have all these other super villains? At some point I am gonna have to the the joker, penguin etc and take over their shit. Thats the whole point of the game right? Go from some random thug to the ultimate super villain? And even then I cannot feel cool if I am just a normal thug. I need a gimmick or super power. My character needs to grow in a believable way.
>>
File: Fibrewire.jpg (10 KB, 450x135) Image search: [Google]
Fibrewire.jpg
10 KB, 450x135
>>332571135
What if there's two witnesses and I kill one of them 20 minutes after the deed? What if I always leave the water running in any house I rob? What if I always kill people with pic related?
I would expect batman to see a pattern and work against it, you know? Not just jumping from west side of town to east side and stealing things of low value to make AI never go after me.
>make it like hitman ranking system
Dunno, always thought it kinda sucked because you can find a silenced gun on a level, kill a dude with it and leave it next to the body and get a sa rank. Nothing like investigating broken windows or such, you know?
>>
>>332572048
Who do you even think you're talking to you tremendous retard? It wasn't my idea, I just said that it would be preferable to other Batman games that we'll likely see more of.
>>
>>332570506
Apples and oranges. I demonstrated that everything in the batman franchise draws upon the themes of its main character, something that would obviously be mitigated if you weren't batman or his protégés. The interesting thing is batman being in conflict with his various rogues and being pushed to his limits. You can't do the same with a mere criminal, as the point of super villains in comic books is to transcend the level of petty crimes and be on batman's level. A game based on avoiding batman sounds nice and is certainly a refreshing take on what is admittedly a very formulaic genre, it's not really "batman" in that sense. You could have the same thing set in metropolis or marvel because it doesn't have any particular thematic or symbolic connection to any particular franchise. It's essentially an "avoid the monster" game writ large with a crime simulator.

>>332571089
Except "lose when batman finds you" is not meaningful at all. Especially if Batman is RNG based.
>>
>>332572320
Preferable? perhaps to the dozen of neckbeards that like the idea sure but to the actual fanbase? it's a fucking retarded idea. People want to destroy thugs as the bat, not be a thug and it's as simple as that. This idea would get laughed out of any company you would take it to and rightly so.
>>
>>332571609
My point was that this idea is 1. A sandbox and 2. An existing superhero property. In comics the average henchman doesn't know Batman's identity, if this game was set in Gotham it would be frustrating not being able to act on that knowledge. I actually think it's a cool idea but I'd like it better if it was a roguelike with a RNG determined hero so each game played out different. Imagine being able to find out his identity and having a choice of what to do with that information.
>>
>>332572517
you are going to "lose" if you are a small time criminal with no experience and start murdering the moment you enter the game. Later on if you got more experience with him and did your research it's perfectly possible to escape from an encounter, you just have to be prepared.
>>
>>332572218
>What if I always leave the water running in any house I rob?
That just seems like an unnecessary complication unless it ties into a power you have in some way or another. Making the game keep track of witnesses and killing methods probably isn't going to be overly difficult.
Obviously you can probably afford the make the evidence system a bit more complex than in hitman since hitman is a series of self contained levels and the evidence you leave behind isn't necessarily as important as in this game. I'm just trying to come up with some relatable systems to see how hard this game would actually be to make.
>>
>>332572640
that's retarded. They were able to get the Gotham tv-show funded and that one isn't even about Batman or any of his villains.
>>
File: pa idea guys.jpg (502 KB, 2100x1052) Image search: [Google]
pa idea guys.jpg
502 KB, 2100x1052
This entire thread
>>
>>332572517
You don't have to "lose" when batman finds you. You could end up with a few less teeth, some bruises, put in jail you could break out of, get a broken leg or so. Depends on what you do and how pissed the bat is at you. Maybe even getting killed by him could be a 'victory' condition?
>Especially if Batman is RNG based.
Read the thread, half of it is discussing how cool it would be if batman had to investigate and actually follow your lead if you left any or that he would have to be a constantly existing entity.
>>
>>332572798
What if I cover my hands in duct tape and use it to steal money from beggars begging cups?
>>
>>332573215
Well, that would certainly be a sticky predicament for the Dark Knight.
>>
>>332572903
There you go bringing up a barely watched TV show again. Gorden is an important character and has even been the bat before so a show about him? yeah the idea works. A game about a random fucking mook? fuck no. In future before you go shooting your mouth off about shit, make sure you know what the hell you're talking about.
>>
>>332573568
There should be wacky villain gimmicks in the game. Like my villains whole shtick is wearing stilts.
>>
Guys
Guys, Guyes!
Guise, you are talking about Mount & Blade: Warband !

Think about it.
>>
>>332573757
If you can't steal forty cakes i'll be disappointed.
>>
>>332573882
Makes sense
>>
>>332572218
How about some RPG-elements. Like skills and superpower skill-trees. Different playstyles and variety.
Also fractions were good idea. Like you begin as a small goon for Joker, Penguin or Two-Face (each faction works with their own amount of supervilains like Killer Croc who serve as bosses). You earn new ranks, eventually take over two other factions and have to kill leader of your faction in the end.
Beating up bat gives you hugeass amount of exp and respect in criminal world so you get more serious tasks fron leader.
>>
File: 208650_20160330152916_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
208650_20160330152916_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>played Arkham Knight
>had a lot of fun
>not sure what all the bitching was about since I never pre-order games

This game was pretty fun, really got to feel like the Bat though I wish they wouldn't keep getting rid of civies.
>>
>>332573620
>>your job is to commit crimes, build up your wealth and become influential
>>your ultimate goal is either to completely corrupt Gotham and become its ultimate leader or to kill the entire Bat-family (which is incredibly hard because they have basically Arkham-City level of skills and gadgets at their disposal)
It's about starting as a random mook and getting powerful and influential as the game progresses. Anons suggested you could even have a chance to gain super powers. Is a bit of creative thinking impossible these days?
>>
File: 1390910335548.gif (2 MB, 247x254) Image search: [Google]
1390910335548.gif
2 MB, 247x254
>>332553995
>a point comes where multiple high profile criminals start working together
>there's a slight chance you could get someone from the justice league instead of Batman
>yfw Superman busts down the wall or you see a red blur fly across the screen
>>
>>332573620
>barely watched

are you fucking retarded?

These are the television ratings of Gotham season 2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1svT8H-CRjkct9zipyrweQiL2wpYFxpFVjFjokx7QETI/pubhtml/sheet?headers=false&gid=164967845&range=A1%3Ah40

now compared to

Better Call Saul season 2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13J-oeB6b8gpR4AGlw7PZS-4FvjvPKN5_0JFfGwsDXG4/pubhtml/sheet?headers=false&gid=635721982&range=A1%3AG23&output=html&rm=minimal

and here is The Flash

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GLk-UktXjNgP2jWiWrY99kMzS_Yv0wiiBprQLtBae0Q/pubhtml/sheet?headers=false&gid=967614045&range=A1%3AH40

Gotham had better viewer aggregation than one other show that is much more critically acclaimed and slightly better viewer retention than Flash which is a cape-shit tv-show that is actually about a main-hero.

Go end yourself you fucking retard.
>>
I love the idea of getting superpowers and going all Bain or something and Batman has to fight you but you're obviously stronger or more deadly than him so the fight feels like a boss battle from the bosses perspective with Bats jumping around, throwing batterrangs at you, tying your arm to a pillar with cables for you to yank the pillar off and use it as a flail or something.

Or you could play an intelligent character like the Riddler and set up traps and stuff for him, maybe orchestrate scenarios where you trick Batman into something or keep him busy somewhere else while you steal shit elsewhere like a big game of bat and mouse.
>>
>>332574321
>superman bursts in
>immediately throw hands up in defeat
>jokes on supes, I had contingencies set up to bust out of jail/hired incredible lawyers/framed him

Alternatively.

>supes shows up
>shower him in kryptonite gas or spends hundreds of thousands or millions on a single kryptonite bullet
>>
>>332574036
The batmobile replacing potential boss fights damaged it for me. Deathstroke fight should have been an actual damn fight.
>>
>>332574032
>Scarface: Gotham Edition
Would buy.
>>
>>332575002
Become the president, worked for Lex.
>>
>>332575089
>play xanatos
>always one step ahead of everyone
>>
>>332575002
>Superman shows up
>hit him with Kryptonite piano hanging from the ceiling

just like my old superhero comics
>>
>>332575193
I would literally have no problem with this. Forty cakes.

>expose supes to red kryptonite so that he goes super dick mode and fucks up metropolis
>batman leaves town for a couple of days to stop him while I go on a robbing spree
>rape robin while he's away
>>
>>332553995
I'd buy it. I hope it wouldn't be in the Batman universe tho, batman has been used way to much in the last 10+ years. Like someone said set it in the Punisher realm, that sounds more fun.
>>
>>332575501
the issue with punisher would be that the game would literally be too punishing. With Batman fucking up means that you can get a second chance because the worst case scenario is ending up crippled or in prison. The Punisher will just fucking murder you no matter what you do.
>>
>>332575791
Not to mention

>batman fights you in chemical plant
>fall into vat of chemicals
>become his greatest foe

Hahahahaha Bats you created me!
>>
>>332575791
I dunno, permadeath with this idea sounds fun as fuck
>>
>>332572938

PA have not been good since '05 when they became the industry.
>>
So basically you play as joker
>>
File: thisnigga.png (298 KB, 598x824) Image search: [Google]
thisnigga.png
298 KB, 598x824
>>332578176
>>
File: 40kreaction.gif (378 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
40kreaction.gif
378 KB, 550x600
>>332580149

Aww, did that hurt your little feelings? Tell me what happened to the PA report page of Mechwarrior tactics? Whats wrong did you tell people to buy into a scam without doing any research?

Fucking PA is literally the Oprah of video games at this point, they don't fact check shit, kiss blizzards ass and just post dad humor comics.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.