[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo is replacing the Wii U...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Nintendo Direct.jpg (5 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Direct.jpg
5 KB, 250x140
With a new hardware revision, the Nintendo U. Same generation, but they've dropped the 'Wii' label, at least in English speaking countries.

Some details:

It is the same general package as the Wii U that is on store shelves now, only much smaller, much cheaper to produce parts, and much more energy efficient.

It is debuting at $200, along with a new slew of big Wii U titles, including Sleeping Dogs II, Endless Ocean U, Alethea (Retro's new IP) Punch Out U, Custom F-Zero, and (eventually) Kirby 3D (Name not final). Bayonetta 3 and The Wonderful 102 are also planned, but haven't started development yet. Battalion Wars 3 is also in development, but they're running into issues in getting the game to run properly, so you may not see it any time soon.

No, NX is NOT replacing Wii U, it's a new kind of handheld.
>>
>>332534962
Going to need sauce, my dearest.
>>
File: 1cDqrR.jpg (972 KB, 5616x3744) Image search: [Google]
1cDqrR.jpg
972 KB, 5616x3744
>>332534962
>Sleeping Dogs II, Bayonetta 3, W102

Pls mods, delete this stupid thread.
>>
>>332534962
>much more energy efficient.
Stopped reading there. The Wii U already consumes like 30W, how much less can it consume? Come on.
>>
>>332534962
WA HA HA NINTENDO BTFO. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN PC WON AGAIN??
>>
>>332534962
i wish that were true, the Wii U getting a second chance at life, with decent games, but it isnt happening
>>
>>332535552
sup OP. astroturfing yor own shitpost again? alone?
>>
File: Iwata on 9th gen systems.png (70 KB, 689x736) Image search: [Google]
Iwata on 9th gen systems.png
70 KB, 689x736
>>332534962
>No, NX is NOT replacing Wii U, it's a new kind of handheld.

Thanks Mr sourceless rumour guy.
>>
File: NX FACTs v3.png (632 KB, 1224x2200) Image search: [Google]
NX FACTs v3.png
632 KB, 1224x2200
>>332535876
Yup.
>>
>>332534962
>Alethea (Retro's new IP)
Unlike your post
>>
>>332535876
I probably should have elaborated more in the OP, but to put it simply, NX is built to be a handheld that can run certain Wii U games.

The idea of the NX is to bridge the gap between mobile and consoles, but they are indeed still 'separate' pieces of tech.
>>
>>332535110
The source is my ass and you will eat out of it and like it you uppity bitch.
>>
>>332536271
Source?
>>
>>332536397
My ass.
>>
>>332536037
Only the last two bullet points are correct.
>>
>>332536556
i kno rite
>>
I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. It would be suicide for them to try to launch a $400+ early start on next gen and they probably don't feel like it'll pay off to come in "between gens" in power again.
>>
Should have been Punch U Out tbqh senpai
>>
>>332534962
>Nintendo U
>dropping the only part of the name recognizable by normies
Oh please yes
>>
>>332536878
Even Sony is launching between-gen tech this year, and they have the most successful console. Why shouldn't Nintendo? Especially when the Wii U is dead in the water, and there's no reviving it. Most retailers have shoveled Wii U inventory in with old Wii inventory to save space, some even have all Nintendo crap together
>>
>>332537635
>Even Sony is launching between-gen tech this year
Right now I'm trying to keep an open mind that Sony wouldn't be dumb to try and push a 3 year upgrade cycle in consoles and that the rumors are overblown.
>>
>>332536878
>early start on next gen
Who fucking decides when the next gen "starts"?
>>
>>332538048
Whoever releases a new console first.
>>
>>332538048
I'm just talking about power, but generally the competing consoles all launch somewhere around two years max after each other [i.e. Dreamcast in '99, PS2 in 2000, Xbox/Gamecube in 2001].

If Nintendo wants to release something, let them release something. I just don't know if the console market is going to be very accepting of new machines from all 3 major brands every 3-4 years.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.