[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate DLCs and Expansions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: file.jpg (63 KB, 600x520) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
63 KB, 600x520
Why do you hate DLCs and Expansions?
>>
No one hates expansions

Initially, DLCs weren't worth the money. Most of them still aren't

Some DLCs are worth the money, reactionary shitposters will blanket state that they're all shit though.

In short, memes
>>
If anything, DLC has got worse. Most DLC is garbage and designed to nickel-and-dime the customer. The good ones are effectively expansions, which no-one had a problem with in the first place.
>>
>>332526629
Doesn't that depend on how much money is worth to you? Meaning you might find expansions valuable and DLC not if you are a poorfag
>>
Woah just take it easy man
>>
I don't. There have been good DLC's and good Expansions. There are also tons of bad ones, which I don't buy.
>>
Because DLCs boil down to "lmao dude additional piece of armor/weapon or one/two new quests" while still costing about 10$.

There's nothing wrong with Expansions if they add a fuckton of content.
>>
HORSE ARMOUR
>>
File: 1458241473106.jpg (48 KB, 319x553) Image search: [Google]
1458241473106.jpg
48 KB, 319x553
>>332526162
Because they used to be free and now they must be paid for.
Not to mention the DLC ON DISC.
>>
>>332530786
>expansions used to be free

Are you retarded?
>>
>>332530786
They were never free, BUT a $40 expansion used to add more than 5 quests and beta weapons.
>>
There's nothing inherently wrong with DLC.

You have good examples like the Fallout 3/NV DLC's, and then you have bad examples like horse armour.
>>
>>332530830
>>332530851
DLC was though and so were updates.
>>
Day-One DLC is the only issue, as that's content that was readily available at launch, but excluded for more $$$.
>>
AoE's expansion, or Neverwinter Night's expansion are fine, but DLC like CoD's one are just milking for money. I'm fine with it as long as it adds enough content and are not being release on a monthly basis.
>>
Por Favor?
>>
File: 1439993528337.png (171 KB, 474x309) Image search: [Google]
1439993528337.png
171 KB, 474x309
>deadspace 3
>ending is locked behind DLC

I wish EA didn't acquire my favorite companies because they keep gameplay somewhat okay but completely fuck up everything else.
>>
>>332531074
What the difference? Do you think things like the AoE 2 or Starcraft or Diablo 2 expansions were posterior creations, and not material they knowingly excluded from the original release?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.