[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good stream to you? imo it's >no green
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: TwitchTVlag.jpg (20 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
TwitchTVlag.jpg
20 KB, 500x281
What's a good stream to you?

imo it's
>no green screen/cam
>No fancy layout unless it makes sense and follows a theme like gamej06/big jon
>good commentary
>Game takes up at least 80% of the screen
>>
whats with you faggots that want streamers to show their faces?
>>
>watching people play video games
>>
literally none of them
>>
>>332525597
I dont, hate that shit where streamers think they are more important than the game they are playing.

However, smaller streamers are the best because they don't have that extra shit.
>>
>>332525405

I rarely talk when im streaming, no cam and the game takes 100% of the screen. What did i win?
>>
>find stream playing game i like
>open stream
>don't say anything in chat
>"hey anon welcome to the stream"
>>
>>332525846
Without good commentary you're just more shit on the pile.
>>
File: Umi.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Umi.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
The only streams I ever watch is someone speedrunning a game I like/want to learn.
>Tfw the guy who ran Bully has started LPing and showing his face instead
>>
A stream that isnt a let's play but an event being streamed.
>>
>>332525405
>no retarded gimmicks when someone subs/follows/farts in the general direction of the streamer
>not annoying voice
>streamer is not a twat or crybaby
>bonus if he is enjoying the game and clearly having fun
Face cam is definitely not necessary but I don't mind one if it's in the corner and tiny.
>>
File: 1457067256906.jpg (75 KB, 687x686) Image search: [Google]
1457067256906.jpg
75 KB, 687x686
Cute boys with nice voices who acknowledge me in the chat
>>
>>332526369
>facerig
>voice changer
>plays shitty games """"""ironically""""""
>>
>>332525405
>No donation popups/text that fill up screen
>No "EY THX FOR SUB XDD!!11" type shit
>No retarted wnb police mods in chat
>>
>>332526321
sounds like you could do fine with youtube or reading a guide, why even bothering going to twitch you fucking faggot
>>
Someone entertaining with a small stream that doesn't treat it as a job. As soon as streaming becomes their occupation with subs and donation messages it's over.
>>
>>332526513
>No "EY THX FOR SUB XDD!!11" type shit
do you seriously expect streamers not to thank someone who just gave them money?
>>
File: CMs.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CMs.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>332526519
>youtube
Youtube videos are too outdated, streamers use the current strats.
>reading a guide
Why would I do that when I can watch someone else and see if it looks fun?

And why are you so hostile?
>>
>>332525846
Nothing, since at that point I'd rather watch a youtube video on mute.
>>
>>332526681
I like watching people that dont go overboard with that stuff.
>>
The whole point of twitch is user interaction/friend simulator

Of course people want mic/face cam shit

Also anything bigger than 30 or so people in the chat is already missing the point

Stop acting like you don't know this. There is literally nothing wrong with friend simulators.
>>
when I stream it's
>Minimal shitting around
>Talking when there's something to say
>Game Only
>Final Destination

I don't understand why people watch shit with things all over the fucking stream
>>
>cool catchphrase for welcoming new subscribers
>streamer is a biological female
>sick emotes
>cool giveaways
>bitching song when someone donates
>>
>Show tits in cam, get $100 donation
>>
>>332527145
I'd add
>streamer specific memes the whole chat can spam when someone subscribes/donates/follows
>>
Broadcaster is entertaining/funny and isn't playing some shitty moba.
>>
>>332525405

Video takes up 100% of the stream
OP has a mic and actively engages with the chat.
>>
Pretty much the vinesauce streams. no layout, no facecam unless it's ironically (like the dudebro CSGO parody) or to show off something physical. just all gameplay.
>>
>>332527252
so lobosjr? though hes based so its ok
>>
>>332526986
It's true. Though face cam is still unnecessary.

Being in a streamer's chat is the only time in my pathetic life that I get anything resembling social interaction.
>>
>>332527450
I've streamed like this for fucking 5 years and I have an average of 2 viewers. I cap out at like 25 if I play a niche game with guaranteed viewers.
>>
What's a good mic?
I have a shitty rockband mic that no one can hear me out of.

Suggestions?

Also, noob streamers can only do 720p 3500 kbps bitrate.

How can I enhance my quality? I play games at 1440p max settings and can only stream at 720p. The compression makes the stream look like shit compared to other streamers.
>>
>Gamj
>good layout
holy fuck thats some awful taste
>>
I don't mind youtube let's plays, but streams are where I draw the line. I'm supposed to watch you play a videogame at a time that's convenient to you? That's a bit much.
>>
>>332527824
Rock Band mics are actually pretty decent

You probably just need to figure out your input levels m8
>>
>>332527824
Sometimes I buy cheap headphone/mic combos from walmart or whatever just to have one and quality has never been a problem really, if it works it work
>>
>>332527824
>noob streamer
>3500 kbps bitrate
I guess you don't want any viewers. At least you'll be pure in /v/'s eyes.
>>
>>332528048
What do you mean?
>>
>>332525405
Bob Ross
>>
>>332527525
What about /v/?
>>
I also like the fact Vinny and Joel's streams aren't just them playing the same game for 5 hours. It's like a show, with regular varying segments, playing unique games but still having a main game they play for 1-2 hours a night.
>>
>>332528221
>that fucking feel when twitch turned Bob Ross into a meme
fuck you
>>
>>332528101
You're driving away anyone who has poor internet and if Twitch servers are feeling shitty, even the people with good internet can't watch that.
>>
>people who use webcam and greenscreens while ugly as fuck

lmao you stupid cunt i don't want to see your nasty mug
>>
>>332528290
Seriously? Fuck. I thought I should be around a .1 bpp.

Won't my stream look like dog shit at 1440p downscaled to 720p with low bitrate?
>>
>>332527801
I'd suggest uploading some highlight videos to youtube, Vinesauce got a very large audience because of those.
>>
>>332528369
>I'm self conscious about my appearance so everyone else should be!
Hello high schooler
>>
Playing cancer music all day long.
>>
northernlions old streams are GOAT. joel from vinesauce has some hilarious ones too, i love when he starts pulling up pictures of weird swedish shit. poor guy must hate his government
>>
>>332528382
I know it's terrifying, but a stream of a video game does not look as good as it does on a 1440p at max settings.
>>
>>332528581
I know this but it's going to look even worse at a lower bit rate than 3500, no?
>>
>>332528382
Twitch doesn't transcode unless you're a partner, or you're popular late at night and they have capacity to spare to give you quality options
>>
>>332528689
You can literally check the bitrate and resolution in every stream on Twitch, go have a look.
>>
>>332528290
Holy shit, I thought you would say that its too fucking low and shitty. Are you trolling or is internet that bad where you live?
>>
>>332526157
Why do you care about the streamer talking so much? I don't understand your kind.
>>
>>332528912
I'm a Twitch partner and stream at 3500. Before I got partnered I had to keep it at 2000 because people kept complaining about buffering.
>>
>>332528257
I only come here once in a blue moon, it's gotten too bad here.
>>
>>332528912
a lot of people have shit internet, so it's basically a trade off, you have to chose your audience and chose your settings accordingly

if you want a pcmasterrace/graphics enthusiast audience then yes, go full quality

but twitch guidelines actually say not to go above 3500 in any case, even big partnered streamers who have complained in the past have been told to keep it down, I've never seen a stream above 4000kbps
>>
>>332529385
>tfw can't stream in 4k yet
>>
>>332529229
Jesus, twitch is garbage.
>>
The person playing genuinely enjoying the game.
>>
>>332525405
Basically this plus not acting like an obnoxious twat in general. I really only like Vinny, Jobel and GPM anymore as a result of this, nobody outside of Vinesauce.
>>
>>332529458
Is it really that difficult to understand that there are people who don't have fast internet?
>>
>>332525405
>Just the game on extra bs
>Someone talking about the game or shooting the shit with chat
>Plays with chat
Smaller streams are fun to drop in on. The first one I found was when DS just came out and it was pretty cool. Small community with cool people, it was a blast.
>>
>has to be amazing at the game
>has to not cover any portion of the screen in ads/sub/follow/donation bullshit
>except being a 9gagger tier humour person, everything is fine on this front
>>
>>332529115
https://youtu.be/Z5oOZ7FyxmE
>>
>>332529529
Its hard to accept is what it is.
>some people have several times slower internet than you have on your phone
I guess I should be happy that I can potentially stream.
>>
>>332529808
Yeah that was so much better than silence, absolutely.
>>
>>332530042
it is though
>>
The Best Gamers are my favorite streamers
>>
>>332530086
Highschool humor isn't better than silence.
>>
>>332530114
>tfw andrew hussie killed the best gamers in 2012
>>
>>332530142
why watch someone play a game with no commentary unless its like speedrunning? commentary at least insulates you from the fact that youre watching someone else play a game like a faggot. with no commentary you should just play the game yourself
>>
>>332525405
>Overlay that's not so obtrusive or takes up too much space
>Audio quality
>Good commentary and interactivity
>Actually playing a game and not just sitting in 100% webcam mode for a fucking hour
>>
>>332529115
Look up the term "entertainment value" as it seems to be pretty foreign to you. If you're gonna stream on twitch without the entertainment of viewers in mind, you're wasting your goddamned time.
>>
>>332530380
Having commentary doesn't change the fact that you're a faggot.
>>
>no camera
>no commentary
>is good at the game
>>
>>332529808
jesus what a fucking faggot, this guy would literally give up his meat if there was too long of a line behind him? how beta can one person be
>>
What is it with people getting so fucking attached to streamers
basically everyone who subs or donates does it purely for the few seconds of attention they get
>>
>>332530271
In the last year they have started to do stuff again. They have put out a few reviews and they stream once or twice a week.
>>
>>332530623
friend
sim
ulator
>>
>>332530623
The only streamer I even considered donating to (subbing anyway) NEVER asks for donations and refuses to acknowledge people for them, take that for what it's worth.
>>
>>332530271
???
>>
>>332530678
vinny?
>>
I don't care if there's a small facecam or whatever as long as the streamer doesn't try to rely on SO WACKY REACTIONS all the time. The most important things are that they're either knowledgeable/good at the game they're playing, entertaining, and that they acknowledge their viewers/answer questions and such.

I hate loud/annoying sub/donation notifications, and people who stop their streaming to thank EVERY SINGLE ONE when they get one every few fucking minutes god damn
>>
>>332530465
I got 50 followers in a month from just doing nothing but playing the game competently, and responding to any viewers in text if they say something.
>>
>>332530747
Yep
>>
>>332530271
What the fuck does Hussie have to do with TBG?
>>
File: marn_all_focused.png (397 KB, 476x611) Image search: [Google]
marn_all_focused.png
397 KB, 476x611
,>>332525405
The only streams I watch are the big name guys in the fgc like floe, aris, jwong and marn. They're pretty good when it comes to sharing tech and entertaining people.
Especially floe, the other day jwong came into the stream and said he told marn his address and that he was heading over.
>>
>>332530835
Congratulations, you have boring viewers who like boring streams.
>>
>>332530807
>I hate loud/annoying sub/donation notifications, and people who stop their streaming to thank EVERY SINGLE ONE when they get one every few fucking minutes god damn
It's really fucking obnoxious but it's the only way to make money while streaming.
>>
File: koropata kicking opinion.gif (27 KB, 158x132) Image search: [Google]
koropata kicking opinion.gif
27 KB, 158x132
>>332525405
>What's a good stream to you?
A stream for a game I can't play yet for X reason and I want more info on.
Everything else is pointless.
>>
>>332530854
this guy here, I will admit the band shilling has been getting a bit annoying though
>>
I like streaming with a face cam, but I know some people don't like that, so I try to keep it small. I think it's debatable.

I like streamers that just have fun, and have there own style. I try to keep to that and I have fun with chat. I like adding some small visual stuff but unintrusive as possible.

It's pretty important that the streamer is fun, otherwise it isn't worth watching.
>>
>>332530854
hes a funny guy. he gets cringy sometimes but him joel and northernlion are the only streams i ever watch
>>
>>332530678
>and refuses to acknowledge people for them

That's kind of dick.
>>
>Try to watch a stream
>Evertime someone donates something pops up on the screen blocking gameplay
>Everytime someone donates a large amount even bigger pop up shows up
>Everytime someone a even bigger and annoying pop up shows up
>Streamer is popular so this happens frequently

Witwix you used to be cool to watch what happened?
>>
>>332525405
big jon is a shit speedrunner lol. cool guy though.
>>
>>332531272
the thing is when you start 'thanking' everyone aka giving them attention, it turns the stream to shit. maybe an email or tweet would be appropriate but thanking people on stream en masse (he gets thousands of viewers) turns you into a faggot
>>
>>332531272
He explicitly stated countless times he won't. Besides, he'd have to stop mid-game every two seconds to do so and it would still be solicitation because people will donate solely for attention.
>>332531268
He's been screaming a lot more than before but he's still worth watching.
>>
>have no face cam
>high end equipment
>play videogames for fun and have good commentary (i think at least)

Its hard as fuck to get exposure though. I do have a viewerbase and it gradually grows, but I'm still shocked how some people just get boosted so fast despite being crappy at games or barely talking.

You really need to know the bigger guys huh.
>>
>>332531414
Who gives a fuck about speedrunning? I just like his commentary.
>>
>>332531408
he wants the $$$
>>
None of them.

Golden age of streaming was /v/ streams on Mogulus, followed by the Silver Age with the rebranded Livestream.
>>
>>332531534
>Who gives a fuck about speedrunning?
definitely not people who watch big jon.
>>
>>332531450
>>332531491
Sure, but I mean absolutely no recognition at all whatsoever? Like even saying 'thanks for the donations' just before you shut your stream off or something? That's not really getting in the way of anything is it?

Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong, and I get he doesn't ask for them, but not acknowledging them at all seems kinda fucked.
>>
>>332530996
You can thank people for donating or subbing without grinding the whole stream to a halt for like 30-45 seconds just to say THANKS MAN, I LOVE YOU, YOU MAKE THIS POSSIBLE, YOU'RE THE BEST, THANKS SO MUCH
>>
>>332531563
I don't blame him, anyone would do the same if retarded were so willing to throw dollars at you its just depressing to think once your favorite streamers get big they'll all follow suit. ZFG is the last popular streamer I watch who hadn't sold out yet
>>
>>332531585
/v/ streams were always shit, though
it was just memes on memes on memes, not to mention the smug "we're not like those twitch streamers" circlejerking
>>
>>332531704
Why would you donate solely for the recognition?
>>
>>332531704
I will add if it's working or him and no one donating minds nothing being said about it then it is what it is. I guess I'm just used to most streamers at least saying something.
>>
>>332531704
It's a donation you should be doing it because you want to not to get your ego stroked for 10 seconds in stream
>>
>>332531767
>it was just memes on memes on memes, not to mention the smug "we're not like those twitch streamers" circlejerking

Go read the post again, specifically when I mentioned Mogulus.

Tip: Twitch didn't exist.

Don't know what shit streams you watched but the good ones (PSOne, GPM, Lunchbox, Revo) were the exact OPPOSITE of meme spouting shit except for GPM sometimes.
>>
>>332530949
Nope, I only play cult classic games that hardcore fans are happy to follow me over because I'm probably the only person streaming it, though when I move to the next game I never see them again.
>>
>>332531193
Is that a 10 foot bear? Wow!
>>
>>332531732
You'll have no one to thank if you don't do the obnoxious shit. I know this from experience of getting hundreds of viewers but making no money off of them. I might add some shitty alerts because I'd like to make at least something from having a consistent viewerbase.
>>
>>332531789
i doubt the donations are that frequent to begin with but im with you on that.

>>332531903
gpm is and was unfunny
>>
>>332531534
>Who gives a fuck about speedrunning?
A great deal of people, given its popularity.
>>
>>332531959
Which means the viewers you have aren't there for you, they're there for the game, thus making you boring.
>>
>>332531780
>>332531887

It's just courtesy? Like saying thanks when someone holds the door open for you? I'm not talking about people getting their ego stroked. I don't really see what not acknowledging it accomplishes, especially since you can do it at a time where it doesn't get in the way of streaming easily.
>>
>>332532129
The fact is I got a fast growing group of followers without talking or faggy gimmicks or face cam, proving your theory wrong.

Suck my dick, choke on it.
>>
>>332532160
It's obnoxious as fuck and turns a lot of people off of streams.
>>
>>332532160
Vinny does thank people for donating every so often, he just doesn't the moment you do.
>>
>>332532057

>mario retardy
>not funny

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>332532317
Most of the most popular streamers do it. It is obnoxious as fuck but apparently "turning people off to streams" isn't a consequence from it.
>>
>go on twitch
>see a girl who is obviously cam whoring and poorly playing video games and doing it for the money

Anyway to report these idiots and get them banned from twitch forever?
>>
File: 425fg.gif (221 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
425fg.gif
221 KB, 256x192
>>332532312
>he thinks getting 50 followers a month from people who don't even stick around is growth
>>
>>332532428
It's not against the rules to be bad at games or to stream for money.
>>
>>332532428
No because they aren't actually doing anything wrong by playing on virgin losers. Why don't you just suck it up and ignore them.
>>
>>332532409
>correlation = causation
>>
>>332532317
it turns a lot of autistic, non-donating faggots off of streams
>>
>>332532353
It's not
>>
>>332532428
Sadly no. The only course of action is to ignore them. Don't give them attention, and don't fuel any fire for them to get "comforted" by their white knight donators.
>>
>>332532312
good for you anon. that doesnt change the fact that commentary is the main appeal of most twitch streams, but thats cool anyway
>>
>>332532534
>It's obnoxious to me and like 3 of my friends I talked to once about it, so it's obnoxious to everyone else!

Yeah, your side of the argument is certainly more sound
>>
>>332532160
That's fine a simple thank you is cool

What isn't cool is when you have a giant pop up appear that plays loud music and completely disrupts you from view the stream whole chat spams "SUB HYPE" every single time someone does
>>
people who watch streams for anything other than high level gameplay are fucking weird.
>>
>>332532317
>and turns a lot of people off of streams.

Where are you getting this from?
>>
>>332532551
>>332532651
>posting as soon as the timer is up
We get it, you need validation from some camwhore but people who aren't 13 actually want to watch the stream instead of them pausing to thank people every 10 seconds
>>
>>332532651
>implying friends
>>
BroTeam is the best streamer, prove me wrong.
>>
>>332532551
>>332532651
>>332532721
Can you samefag even harder?
>>
>>332525405
As someone who streams regularly i get the "why no facecame" comment quite often and it upsets me.
People also ask for shoutouts and onscreen follow shit.
Why do people want that stuff? I just don't understand.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>332525597

>follow lirik for over a year
>enjoy the stream
>subscribe and start donating months ago
>one day i find out what he looks like
>he's not the chill white bro i always imagined him to be
>all this time i've been donating to a derpy indian mofo

i feel so confused and realize why he doesn't face cam.
>>
File: 2315134.png (18 KB, 975x161) Image search: [Google]
2315134.png
18 KB, 975x161
>>332532734
Oh look, more than one person thinks your point is stupid.
I even agree with you that its obnoxious but that obviously does not stop people from watching a streamer. You're pulling shit from your ass because you personally don't like something.
>>
>>332532873
le ebic race matters meme
nice
>>
>>332525405
>What's a good stream to you?
None
>>
>>332532873
>Cancerous weeaboo
>Supporting literal cancer on twitch no less

Weeaboos can't have taste or standards when it comes to anything at all, can they?
>>
>>332532939
go away punjeet
>>
File: Untitled.png (38 KB, 1519x518) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38 KB, 1519x518
>>332532734
>>332532824
judging by the timing, yeah it seems suspicious, but no
>>
>>332532934
Nice shoop. Not that guy and I agree with you but screencaps prove nothing :^)
>>
>>332532871
It's partly those kinds of comments that made me stop streaming in the first place. No facecam because I don't want my face on the internet. No notifications because I don't want to. If you follow, great. If you don't, that's fine too. It was fine when live streaming was a smaller niche thing (ala 7-8 years ago) but now every 15 year old with a computer knows about Twitch and expect the same shitty pandering bullshit their Minecraft streamers do.
>>
File: 1451497046316.gif (1 MB, 456x240) Image search: [Google]
1451497046316.gif
1 MB, 456x240
>>332533012
Man you must feel so unique not watching streams
>>
>>332532312
I got 100+ followers streaming a niche game myself which I'm very good at, but only a couple come around whenever I stream other games.
Guess what the problem is.
>>
>>332532734
>no true scotsman
Yeah man, because the people doing all the donations don't really want to watch the stream, only you do. You're the REAL audience, these faggots just don't get it.
>>
>>332533174
>you must feel so unique actually playing games
yep
>>
>>332533237
>the two are mutually exclusive
>he doesn't have two monitors
>he doesn't have a handheld
lel lad
>>
>>332532873
Yeah, I stopped watching him as soon as I googled his picture. I don't want to support shitskins.
>>
File: 1459128166982.jpg (181 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1459128166982.jpg
181 KB, 900x675
>>332525405
As long as the streamer doesn't try to be funny ( as n pewdiepie funny) i don't really care for facecam and all that shit

>mfw a few days ago i was looking at WoW streams and ended up watching some dude sculpting an Illidan statue.
>>
>>332525405
>gamej06/big jon
I hate him. He's anti-fun and deserves mocking.
>>
File: 1450820593322.png (235 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450820593322.png
235 KB, 400x400
>>332533395
You got bopped for saying 'fuck' didn't you?
>>
>>332533146
So instead of doing your thing you stopped because some people got assmad?

I'm sure you had tons of viewers.
>>
>>332533558
I have a global emote, so yeah. I did.
>>
>>332526976
I once watched a very flamboyant streamer that had like a 15 second thank you message. God that was cringy, especially given the fact that people subscribed pretty often to the point that he did it like six times in five minutes.
>>
>>332533780
Sure
>>
>>332533481
No, because I'm not stupid. The fact is that I unfollowed him because he became boring as fuck, nannies his chat every ten seconds, has an annoying overlay, and yes, is so un-fun that it's just blatantly bad entertainment.

Christ, he speedruns fucking golf games and one of his claims to fame is a Twitch version of a grandma's game show.
>>
>>332533780
yeah okay buddy
>>
File: 1403851040033.gif (2 MB, 180x179) Image search: [Google]
1403851040033.gif
2 MB, 180x179
Aris
>>
File: 1449690994043.jpg (72 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1449690994043.jpg
72 KB, 640x960
good music, relaxed, high level plays, no memes, constant gameplay
>>
File: kent inglewood.jpg (26 KB, 320x265) Image search: [Google]
kent inglewood.jpg
26 KB, 320x265
>trying to watch a popular streamer
>every time someone subs, you see a huge splashscreen with the sub's name and hear a dubstep tune playing
>of course subs and donations will be mentioned thoroughly by the streamer
>people are subbing/donating all the time
>the stream isn't about gaming anymore, it's just about keeping the sub-train alive
>>
>>332531408
come on, witwix isn't so bad
he plays the game in fullscreen, is great at them (platformers at least), and has a great sense of humor

sure he gets subs and donations every few seconds but can you really blame him? he's making a lot of money from it, dude has to make a living
>>
>>332525405
>at least 80%
Neo-/v/ detected.
100% or bust.
>>
>>332534765
the only thing Witwix is good at is tricking retards into thinking he's good at games.

Anyone remember when he pretended to speedrun Super Mario 64? that was some solid comedy.
>>
>volume of game is at LEAST as loud as the microphone
>no donation button
>no sub button
>no on screen thanks for following me xD alerts
>strawpolls to vote for next game
>no ugly
>braces
>tits
>no donation button
>no donation button
>braces
>>
>>332534021
>>332534210
Believe what you want friendos. But I had been with JTV a long time(JTV is what Twitch used to be for all you babbies). It was nothing like this back when I first started. Partnership wasn't really a thing back then, and the highest amount of viewers was about 100-200 tops and you could easily get that many by playing Megaman or some shit. Anyone could be featured on the front page as well. It was a comfy community.
>>
>>332535014
Trihex?
>>
>>332532769
Can't wait for something mildly funny to happen then hear it repeated every day for 5 months straight. Wever is funny and there are some good people there but also a lot of cringeworthy bandwagoners who don't know when to shut the fuck up.
>Canadian baby dolphin XD
Fuck you
>>
>>332535079
Nope. Lesser known.
>>
>>332527801
>>I've streamed like this for fucking 5 years and I have an average of 2 viewers
>>I've streamed like this for fucking 5 years
>>and I have an average of 2 viewers

This is bait.
>>
>>332535014
But you stopped because wahhh some people complained and wahh streaming is getting more popular.

Sorry, it's just hard to believe you were actually that stupid. Give me some time to let it soak in.
>>
File: 1440861399352.jpg (82 KB, 628x555) Image search: [Google]
1440861399352.jpg
82 KB, 628x555
>>332534901

>Neo-/v/ detected.
>100% or bust.

>watching other people play video games

when i watch other people play video games i want to be entertained by that person and not watch someone play a fucking video game, fucking tryhard.
>>
DROP THE LOW CORE
XDD
>>
>>332535294
>quitting something that you have no fun doing anymore makes you stupid

I think I need to let that soak in because i can't quite grasp that logic
>>
>>332535294
Wow. You're kind of an idiot.
>>
>>332534961
>he doesn't have the WR for sm64 therefore he isn't good at games
he has never claimed he's good at it anyway, quite the opposite
>>
>He's streamed for longer than 1 year
>He doesn't get at least 5K viewers every stream
>He doesn't get $10K every month from subscriptions and donations

Why are you streaming?
>>
>>332534765
He himself isn't bad but his stream is terrible. I can't watch a minute without Guy Fieri and Luigi popping up atleast twice its annoying
>>
>>332533347
>I don't want to support shitskins.
Why not?
>>
>>332535546
Not having the wr and being terrible aren't necessarily the same thing. There are plenty of good runners who don't have the wr.

Witwix ran 70 star (which is a fucking easy category) for like 6 months and barely got a 57 lmao. You literally have to be retarded to play the game that much and improve so little.
>>
>>332535498
You reasons for not having fun anymore are pretty childish.

>it's getting popular
>oh shit someone complained

Solid bro. Solid. Sorry I think you're stupid, you're just going to have to deal with that. Or maybe you should quit /v/, too
>>
File: 1418352471962.png (290 KB, 646x482) Image search: [Google]
1418352471962.png
290 KB, 646x482
>Start a stream as a way to coerce myself to finish my Steam backlog and a way to keep that "sit around on the couch and fuck around" feeling with friends back home after I moved across the country
>Get some other people in my chat
>Fun times
>One of them claims to be a girl and says she wants to fuck me
>O-okay
>She says she's visiting my city in two months and wants to give me her contact info in a PM so we can meet up

I don't want to be catfished.
>>
I watch Destiny's stream, that's it.
>>
>>332525405
NO FUCKING SUNGLASSES/HATS IF YOU'RE STREAMING INSIDE (Also why the fuck would you twitch stream outside? I'd actually watch the fuck out of that)

+100 points if the streamer is drunk.
>>
>>332525405
>>332525405
Only acceptable answer is streams of high level tournament play of action oriented games.

If you watch a random fuck play a shitty game badly you are everything wrong with twitch for enabling stream welfare friend simulators.
Kindly kill yourself.
>>
Are there any females steamers that actually don't face cam?

I know, haha good joke right?
>>
>>332536004
When you go from having a nice cozy chat to a meme spouting mishmash of 15 year olds who scare off any decent viewers including your old ones who were with you since day 1, yeah it kinda sucks. But I guess your candy ass can't even begin to comprehend that with your shitty neo twitch 2 viewer streams.
>>
>>332536148
That sounds fishy as fuck, get proof it's a girl besides her just saying it.
>>
>>332536336
I know a couple. They're both quite autistic though.
>>
>>332536336
I used to watch a japanese gril that didn't have a facecam and played random indie games
Couldn't understand a word she said but her voice was super cute so I'd put her on as background noise while doing other things.
>>
>>332536290
What about if I watch speedruns?
>>
>>332536336
I think that's called you're actually a guy
>>
>>332535632
Literally how anon?
>>
>>332536552
The ones with face cams are autistic too, no harm no foul.
>>
>>332536696
He doesn't do that either, he is just talking about the streamers he watches
>>
>>332536583
Speedruns are cool at IRL events, and only once per game just to see your favorite games get torn open.
Watching speedruns is a 1 time per game thing, most speedrunners dont different games.
>>
>>332528101
Non twitch partners are also locked at source quality
>>
None. If you watch streams you should go back to 9gag or whatever shit hole you came from as well.
>>
>>332525405
Redpill me on this how do I make a living twitching?
>>
>>332528282

Bob Ross was a meme before the internet was available to most of the public.
>>
>>332536810
>Watching speedruns is a 1 time per game thing
boy i'm glad my attention span is better than yours. you don't learn anything about the run by just watching it one time. it's also really exciting to follow runners and become invested in their improvement and the surrounding competition/community.
>>
>>332525405
challenging games
skillful streamer
>>
>>332537106
Examples?
>>
>>332536942
Play only new games

Have a facecam

Use twitch alerts

Use/invent epik memes
>>
A shota streamer
>>
>Mediocre-small size (20-50 viewers)
>Casual viewer interaction
>(small) cam
>Not constantly playing the same game

I hung out in a stream for about 10 months, but stream died, any suggestions on new stream to waste my time in?
>>
>>332525405
Why do you niggas hate foreigners?
>>
>>332537072
Theres nothing wrong with my attention span, I play FGC so mine is on point.
Im not that big into speedruns. Ill watch one if theres a side event at a major tournament, but thats about it for me when it comes to speedrunning. Just an opinion.
>>
>>332536810
>only once per game just to see your favorite games get torn open
You're almost as bad as the people who ask why speedrunners don't take their time to enjoy the game. The real interesting part is watching runners slowly figure the game out while routing and finding glitches.
>>
>>332537430
fair enough anon.
>>
>>332536942

it's almost impossible now unless you're friends with existing popular streamers.
>>
>>332536942
Streamers don't start making money until they're in the multiple thousands of concurrent viewers, and even then they don't make that much.

But even if you are a streamer who can pull a ton of viewers, what happens when your popularity dies? You just spent 5 years learning no useful skills and now you're back to square one.

Trust me, you don't want to go down that road. Unless you're making millions like Trump or something it's not worth it.
>>
>>332525405
It is ok to stream games via an emulator? Like nes and so
>>
>>332535956
Because they're disgusting. Lirik is pretty wise to not use a cam though, he knows the bullying wouldn't stop if his face was on the screen all the time.
>>
>>332538634
yeah, nobody gives a fuck. people stream emulated games all the time. it's against the rules to stream pirated software, but there's no way they can prove you didn't rip the ROM yourself.
>>
>>332539000
It's kind of the same with how games rated AO are banned, but people stream the AO San Andreas and just say they're playing the rated M version.
>>
>>332525405
The Food channel on twitch is the best
>>
>>332536942

>Have a established youtube following who would be interested in your streams.
>Know someone who can host you a couple hundred to a thousand viewers.
>Be in the top 5 streams when a new game comes out to attract new viewership.
>Stream a game that has a multiplayer community that no one else is currently streaming.
>Or almost like the above do something different that no one else is doing

If you are starting out without the first two it are going to take you a couple years to build up viewership. Then you need to stream somewhat daily to hold on to your viewers and maintain a youtube channel to attract ever more viewers. Even then, lets say your channel averages 3k+ viewers with a decent amount of subscribers and have a youtube channel with 100k subs you might be able to just get by generous donations.
>>
>>332525405
>Game takes 100% of the screen
>no commentary
Anything else is a no.
>>
>Follower alerts
Dear god why follower alerts and small streamers blatantly copying things bigger streamers do to the point it comes off forced and there not even being their self. I can forgive donation/sub alerts as long as you don't come off like a huge fucking sell out and have to interrupt the entire stream.

I mostly watch speed runner but I currently only consistently sub to two channels

>Calebhart42

Awesome megaman X speedrunner also has a lot of variety FF6/7 Mario RPG thursdays he does MMX1-6 back to back and RPGs on sunday. A bit over the top with his donations and subs but he's a pretty chill guy and is really interactive with his chat and talks about his strats a lot when chat asks. He manages to not come off as forced even if he has this roided up ginger thing going on.

Other channel I've subbed to for awhile is outerheaven for anyone not familiar they only stream Metal Gear games and have 3 different streamers. Knight does not stream as much but he's pretty cool really a middle ground between the other two streamers, drk29 whines a lot and never stops bitching anytime he plays TPP but still fun to watch. Threedogg is the best streamer on there his in depth story runs are ridiculous and he really like to go in great depth analyzing the game and showing optional easter eggs and codec calls.

For me
>Good gameplay
>Commentary
>Chat interactivity

If the gameplay is great as long as the commentary is decent I'm cool with it.

Gimmicky flavor of the month streamers are pretty bad usually too. Coming from someone who mostly follows speedrunners I stopped watching so many streamers because all they play is fucking mario maker. iateyourpie/trihex/mitchflowerpower stopped streaming their respective games mario rpg/yoshi's island 2/SMB3 (Mitch started up again finally on SMB3). Trihex just rides his previously established popularity and talks endlessly between some mario maker while being whipped to his girlfriend who is trying to ride his coat tails.
>>
>>332539918
It's really a damn shame what happened to trihex. He was such a cool streamer. Fuck Mario Maker.
>>
>>332525405
LiquidxSquid
>>
>>332526461
Got any recommendations? I even follow cute boys that play games I don't like.
>>
>>332531408
I never understood why he's so popular hes not a bad streamer but I hear he's a pretty cool guy in person.

His girlfriend is probably the only girl streamer I've seen whos not the twitch "gamer" girl stereotype. She doesn't dress like a total whore with titcams and is actually good at what she plays mostly souls games and bloodbourne i think.
>>
>>332539761
Why not just mute it then you autist
>>
>>332525405
>Guy starts as nice youtuber
>Twitch.tv happens
>Pretty much only streams and has fucking sub hype and all that shit with emotes and stuff
>They VERY openly shill for MicroSoft or any other companies
Why the fuck this always happens?
>>
I like it when the streamers interact with their viewers. Cowsep is one of the bigger ones that does this, and he's pretty cool.
>>
>>332540208
this guy streams bad chimpanzee games and sucks at mario.
>>
>>332541010

>watching oroboro playing DSIII
>suddenly gets sub train
>he stops playing for 10+ mins to hype each sub

sometimes they can go overboard and I just stop watching.
>>
Who Elajjaz here?
>>
>>332540824

Because the people that are "above" that shit don't make much money, both because they don't ask and because people that don't like that shit don't shell out any money either. There can only be a couple dudes doing that, but it does seem like it's the shit if you can get to the position where you can sustain yourself without acknowledging anyone. I don't know why Krip gave that up to go full shill, maybe there's more money in shilling than I think there is.
>>
>tfw MonotoneTim streams

Maximum comfy.
>>
>>332542346
There's definitely more money than you think to be had.
Some make 15k+/month, and i'm not surprised that Kripp decided to go full shill because his entire chat has the intellectual capacity of a shit-flinging two year old.
>>
>>332542346
shilling = money, just like how atheletes flaunt their sponsors at events, i.e. skiiers after a slalom race unbuckle their skis and show them to the camera, else the sponsors pull the fuck out

now excuse me while I go stream again to 0 viewers and gain 0 followers ... like I have for months
>>
File: streamer reality.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
streamer reality.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
When it looks like pic-related.
>>
>>332542867
What kind of games do you usually stream, anon?
>>
>>332537180
LobosJR
Ellajaz
>>
>>332542719
>entire chat has the intellectual capacity of a shit-flinging two year old.
That's pretty much Twitch chat in general
>>
They play what they want to play and don't hop on new games all the time. That is the worst shit and makes it impossible for me to enjoy watching someone when they're playing a new fucking game every other day. Even worse when they play garbage like h1z1 or day z in between other games.

Gives me AIDS.

game streaming has basically passed it's prime. Twitch has way way too long of a delay for streams, it's like 10 seconds, even with the "remove delay" option. 10 seconds where people have to wait for a fucking response is enormous. Imagine having to wait 10 seconds to reply to someone who said hello to you. Un-ac-fucking-ceptable.
Youtube's only slightly better. less delay but the chat is awful, it stops scrolling once you get more than like 5 people in the chat and you constantly have to refresh the page because the chat has a memleak.

Greenscreen/facecams are a super important part of streaming. If you don't want them, go watch youtube videos because it's the same exact thing. the only reason people watch streams are because they're live and you can interact with the streamer. Interacting with some disembodied voice is fucking gay and it's why nobody who refuses to cam gets popular, unless they were grandfathered in to it.
>>
>>332543750
What, like Lirik?

Or is he an exeption to your bullshit logic?
>>
>>332543750
>Interacting with some hambone without a cam is gay because I say so.

Alright.
>>
>>332543750
>who is lirik
>>
>>332525405
No cam, good at the game, game takes up at least 90% of the screen, relevant or no commentary.
I have yet to find a streamer I like.
>>
>>332525405
>There will never be a streamer as entertaining as Vinny Caravella
>I'm out of content and the rest of GB is trash
>I just want stuff to watch while I eat

help /v/
>>
Fuck streams, but let's plays can be comfy as fuck if there's somebody good at the wheel. What are some good LP channels?
>>
File: 1404272372-1026530607.jpg (8 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1404272372-1026530607.jpg
8 KB, 220x200
Late Night with Cry and Russ are pretty good. They're pretty much the opposite of everything cancerous on Twitch, no facecam, no overlays, just friends hanging out playing video games until early in the morning.

La_Li_Lu_Le_Lo aka Souix is great for chilling. The guy sounds almost identical to Solid Snake and he just plays video games and reads chat.
>>
I stream purely for fun.. a few of my friends watch including my girlfriend and everyone says they think the stream will get big one day.. but i don't even know if I want that to happen, or if it will. Seems that you have to have some crazy over the top personality to grow now, but thats just not me man
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.