[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, so I just started playing Dark Souls, this pretty much sums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: qUVG8Sc.jpg (403 KB, 660x2788) Image search: [Google]
qUVG8Sc.jpg
403 KB, 660x2788
Hey, so I just started playing Dark Souls, this pretty much sums up my experience so far.
>>
>>332518465
>circle enemy
>backstab
>repeat
or
>parry obvious wind up
>riposte
>repeat
>>
>>332518465
we did it reddit!
>>
>>332518465
>Old RPG
There is no food
>>
>>332519661
Parrying is so shit in the Souls games, I didn't even bother trying to learn it. You're better off just dodge rolling everything. The reward is the same anyways since backstabs do the same damage
>>
>>332521716
Maybe if you actually landed a parry you'd know that's wrong.
Parries are highly rewarding and fairly easy, with the exception of DaS2 where you don't have immediate active frames which I prefer
>>
>>332518465
haha dark souls is the hardest game ever am i right? haha
>>
>>332522190
>>Maybe if you actually landed a parry you'd know that's wrong.
But that's the issue. The frames where you have to press the button are unclear as hell. Going by visual clues (when the enemy is about to hit you, when the sword should hit your shield, etc.) doesn't work. You need to get hit multiple times for every enemy to learn the parry windows.
Meanwhile, I just dodge roll everything and don't get hit for free while trying to get used to the garbage parry system.
Of course you need it in PvP but I don't play that.
>>
>>332522190
Parrying is dumb. You're better off learning when to hit for counter damage.
>>
>>332522454
Start by blocking with a shield and noting at what point in the animation the hit connects, then replace L1 with L2; in DaS2, anticipate by 0.3 to 0.5s depending on what you're using to parry

>>332522462
Similar end result, similar approach - and have fun trading hits if you're not using spears, halberds and the like. You're better off appreciating all of the aspects - when to block, when to roll, when to parry and when to counter.
>>
This comic is fucking dumb and exaggerating but I'll be damned if that second half isn't the coolest fucking thing ever
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.