[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody explain to me why we seem to get so few Japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Can anybody explain to me why we seem to get so few Japanese games on consoles nowadays? There were tons of them on PS1 and PS2.
>>
mobile games
>>
But Japanese games are all the PS4 is good for

If it wasn't the premiere system for Musou games and didn't have Megadimension Neptunia I wouldn't have bothered getting one
>>
>>332501918
>PS4 and Vita
>not full of weebshit
>>
>>332501957
Don't companies realize what a dead end mobile games are though? Once the novelty wears off, only the hardcores will be willing and waiting with their money, and they're on consoles.
>>
>>332501918
Do you mean to the western market, right?
>>
The last console that will ever be successful in Japan was the PS3.
>>
games are dying in Japan
>>
File: x_d8c9b627.jpg (23 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
x_d8c9b627.jpg
23 KB, 256x256
>>332501918
>few
*smirk*
>>
>>332502080
Hardcore gamers don't matter, just look at how the Wii U and Vita are selling.
>>
File: 2016-03-30 18.13.23.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-30 18.13.23.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>332501918
There's tons of reasons, Earlier days the Japanese market had adapted much quicker than the west.

Now the market in Japan has switched, there's really only 2 groups that play games NEETs that are Otakus and play MMOS or a one perticular game.

The rest would like to play games but are too busy, so settle for handhelds or smartphones.

Owning a home console and living with parents, is tough because playing at home usually results in parents giving you shit for not studying or whatever, so usually it's easier just to get a handheld and go to a library or cafe or something

Source: I live in Japan
>>
I blame Xbox 360
>>
>>332506420
I blame PS3. Seriously. The failure of that console set Japanese publishers back big time. The Xbox 360 is irrelevant.
>>
>>332504082

Why are you living in Japan? And how is it?
>>
>>332506979
The 360 being the most popular HD console of the gen in th Western world but also a failure in Japan was the reason
>>
>>332507024
Not him, but so do I and it's pretty good.
>>
>>332507317
I get what you're saying, but it wasn't so much the popularity of the 360 that did it, it was the lack of popularity of the PS3. Everyone bet their money on the PS3 and paid dearly for it. Now everyone is gun shy about making HD games, except for Square it seems, who only put out one game every couple of years anyway.
>>
>>332507317
It made it impossible for Japanese devs to release smaler budget games and experiment with new ideas since ever game had to appeal to a worldwide audience and Japanese devs traditionally developed for one console at a time, it was the PlayStation until Xbox 360 destroyed that ecosystem
>>
Companies have to actually invest in making video games now
Japs can't afford that
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.