[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Games that actually get better as they go. The first 5 levels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 51DT13XNRVL._SX425_.jpg (37 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
51DT13XNRVL._SX425_.jpg
37 KB, 425x425
>Games that actually get better as they go.

The first 5 levels are so bad I never gave the game a chance.
>>
>>332500679
Xbox version is way fucking better, like the PS2 has no grass. Even gamecube is better.
>>
>>332502447
I had a lot of fun with the xbox version. Minigun was awesome. Wish turok 2 and this would come to steam/gog or at least get an xbox hueg emulator off the ground
>>
The GBA version was amazing. It was a contra style shmup with a pretty sweet soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rmxvxkXms0

I think it was completely unrelated from the console version though, made by a third party dev.
>>
>>332502553
Night dive are working on Turok 2
>>
File: night dive studios.jpg (105 KB, 612x587) Image search: [Google]
night dive studios.jpg
105 KB, 612x587
>>332502758
One one hand, pic related, on the other a lot of new gamers don't know series like system shock and turok exist at all and they're pretty cool guys for saving the series in the long term. SS3 would never get off the ground if 1 and 2 weren't proven financially viable.
>>
>>332502553
Turok 2 is already on the works to be re-released for PC.

Evolution already had a PC port. The only Turok games that never made it on PC were 3 and Wars.
>>
>>332502971
but its stuck in that amazon/ebay only realm with games like dino crisis

Considering an optical drive just to install classics
>>
If a game has to work up to being good and interesting, and doesn't start out good and interesting, it's a bad video game.

By default.

This "it gets good after a few hours trust me" mentality seriously needs to fucking go.

You are actively excusing incompetency from the devs and designers and also proving you are that desperate for something, anything to entertain you and keep your mind off of your dull or shitty life.
>>
>>332503110
Every level can't be E1M1 bro. Peragus mining facility is a crap opening to a good game. It does have to steal about 20 hours out of you before you leave the academy and actually get to have some fun, but there is fun to be had.
>>
>>332503110
False, there is a reason why not every pleb is capable of enjoying legitimately great vidya, their lack of patience and wanting everything to give you instant gratification gets in the way of apreciating good things.
>>
>>332502919
Honestly I'm tired of everyone demonizing companies who get rights for and bring back old games. Last time I tried Turok 2 on PC it had ghost enemies and other stupid issues. I know certain games have fan fixes but some don't or it's hard to find actual download links these days for the game or the fix.

People ask for a digital release of these games and then get mad when someone does it. To the point where entire threads turn into shitting on a company for no good reason
>>
>>332503307

You can have tame but interesting things.

You are saying it's okay to have several hours of boring nonsense just to get to the part that doesn't feel like a completely boring waste of your time.

Patience is irrelevant in this. If the game isn't doing anything to entertain me from the beginning, the game has a huge flaw. Period.
>>
>>332503545
Use a cheat code, kid
>>
>>332502447
>Even gamecube is better
Not trying to start a console war here, but, GC was far more powerful than PS2.
>>
>>332503110
Thinking that unless video game is perfect it's unplayable is a core symptom of /v/-syndrome.
>>
>>332500679
its called stockholm syndrome
>>
>>332503545
>If the game isn't doing anything to entertain me from the beginning, the game has a huge flaw. Period.

>give me my instant gratification, now!
Fuckin milenials. I bet you watch streamers as well
>>
>>332503659
He said that anon
>>
>>332503659
Shame it was let down by the tiny special snowflake discs. Played Chaos Theory there first, then xbox, and finally PC and it was fun seeing the visuals improve and loading screens dissapear from where they had been on the cube version
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.