[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to end it here once and for all. I need to put this debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: wall1-1600x1200.jpg (608 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wall1-1600x1200.jpg
608 KB, 1600x1200
I need to end it here once and for all. I need to put this debate to an end.

/v/, is there ANY worth in going back to retail WoW in its current state? ANY at all? I have the itches for an MMO... I don't know if I can hold out much longer.

Is there any justification to throw money at Blizzard to play this cheap cash grab ploy that WoW has become? Or is there any way to convince myself that it's dead, that Legion is going to be the damn nail in the coffin?

Are there ANY good MMOs out there left? Especially something with multiple races?

I don't know how much more of this I can take.
>>
If you have to play one, play FF or ESO.
>>
>>332489906

>giving Blizzard money

Justify anything else all you want. But at the end of the day you are paying the company that has raped every single one of their franchises for the sole purpose of profit.
>>
>>332490086
How is FF? Would I be into it if I never played a single FF game before?
>>
>>332490539
Don't go to FFXIV it's exactly the same as WoW probably even worse.

The MMOs of yesteryear are gone. I can't speak of ESO. But at least it doesn't have a monthly fee anymore? I guess?
>>
>>332490539
Played wow on and off for 6 years since vanilla. FF is nice and refreshing you will get your monies worth but you wont ever capture the feeling you are searching for again.
>>
>>332489906
Say what you want to say about GW2, but if you're not into normal MMOs, I say give it a shot, plus it's free. A lot of people hate it because it's not GW1, but if you distance it from a game it's not, then it's got something in there.
>>
Raiding is and has been good since Mists. PvP is debatable but not as bad as it used to be. Challenge modes are fun too with a dedicated group (same with raiding). Legion will have improvements to all of those features and more. I've been keeping up with the alpha patches (soon to be beta, icy-veins already has or will have beta keys to give out) and development is looking pretty solid. They're paying attention to feedback much more than before.
>>
>>332489906
Don't bother i went back last month and got bored after one day doing some of the shit raids. I want my $15 back.
>>
>>332490539
don't get tricked by those shill threads ff is far worse than wow and is boring as shit and the community is bottom of the barrel garbage
>>
>>332490086
Holy shit, this is the shittiest taste I've seen all year.
>>
>>332490539
It's just a worse WoW with slower combat and no content.
>>
If your goal in returning to WoW is to recapture the magic so to speak then no. That will never happen, partly because of how WoW has changed and partly because of the facts of nostalgia. But the questing experience isnt bad, contrary to the meme that collecting 15 zebra hooves with a 40% drop rate over and over and over was the golden age. The raiding is also good if you have a guild but its always been that way.
WoW is probably the best endgame ull get for an mmo nowadays, but its not gonna turn you into a kid again.
>>
>>332492341
I don't give a shit about "recapturing the MMO magic". I just want to have fun in an MMORPG game again.
>>
Then you could do much worse than WoW friend
>>
>>332489906
Sub for a month now and you'll literally never return to wow again
>>
Have you looked into Nostalrius? Right now is the best time to play there imo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIfbPPW9uOM

Give this a shot and you'll forget about WoW in no time. My advice is to choose a fun class like Sorceress, Wizard, or Tamer to start.
>>
>>332493203
I take it this game won't run very well on a toaster?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.