[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TLG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: the last guardian.png (1 MB, 900x852) Image search: [Google]
the last guardian.png
1 MB, 900x852
Will it live up to expectations or be another Duke Nukem Forever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXLZvsSmBIs
>>
I want to say it looks boring but then the defense force rolls out every time.
>>
>>332487754
same
>>
>>332487754
i think in a way you're right, but given it's the same dev team as ICO and SotC, it seems to be their track record.

SotC was met with a lot of questions like "only boss battles?" and ICO more of a "???"

The games look odd then end up being odd, but great
>>
File: 16356_ico_postcard_122_10lo.jpg (223 KB, 1499x750) Image search: [Google]
16356_ico_postcard_122_10lo.jpg
223 KB, 1499x750
It looks amazing to me. Similar to Ico and I love Ico. And if it has more action then Ico then even more awesome.
One thing I can always trust Ueda to do is make a memorable experience.
>>
Team Ico has a "fuck the norm" kind of attitude towards game design, so I'm eager to see what they do with that this time. Not for everyone and I understand the people who call the games boring, but one man's junk is another anon's treasure I guess.
>>
>>332488518
Yeah remember how everyone said SotC was deep art
>>
I'm interested to see what they'll do with this game. It'll never be interesting by simply looking at it, its being made for an experience
>>
the 2009 trailer already makes me misty eyed
>>
Are there really any expectations though?
Everyone seems to be interested in what Team Ico might do, but I don't think anyone is super excited or hyped or anything.
>>
>>332489165
>I don't think anyone is super excited or hyped or anything.
good. maybe then it wouldn't get such a bad rep from people giving it high expectations.
I really am just curious what this company is gonna roll out now, like them or hate them, Team Ico does make some fascinating video games.
>>
>>332489165
it was announced right after versus (or maybe it was a little before)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6At_bb1PNU
>>
>>332487618

It will most likely live up to MY expectations of it.
>>
>>332487618
>Highly anticipated and delayed game.
>Modern videogame industry.
>Licensed by a big company.
>Hype built.

This will be most likely a failure. On the other hand... Team ICO/SotC.
>>
>>332488972
yeah what was up with that OST though?
>>
>>332489165
I bought a PS3 for it ;_;
>>
>>332487618
If the game releases, and that's a big fucking if, i expect it to be shit.

There's no way this game will live up to the hype after 10 years.
>>
>>332487754
the old trailers didn't look too boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCQ-RZrz5rI
>>
>>332491097
Just pretend like it hasn't been 10 years and it's just another new game. problem solved
>>
>>332488338
>looks amazing to me
That pic looks like the first crop of PS3 games.
>>
>>332492073
Still impressive for a 2002 game.
>>
>>332487919
that opening still gives me chills m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm8EqS_er9I
>>
>>332488518
how?
>>
I bought a PS3 for this game when it was going to be a PS3 launch game. Vaporwaaaarreeeee
>>
>>332494261
how what.
>>
>>332491097
what do you mean "if" it's been considered dead since forever then suddenly show's up out of the blue after 10 years, I think it's releasing in the middle of the year
>>
>>332487618

It stayed under the same devs with a solid track record, so no, it's not going to be another DNF (lest we forget that TF2 was also in dev hell for the better part of a decade). That said, Shadow of the Colossus is a high-ass bar, and if they want something of that quality, they're probably going to be disappointed. Lightning in a bottle, ya know?
>>
>>332496856
don't forget the main dev left part-ways through,never bodes well for a games development in the long run.
>>
midnight bump
>>
My expectations were that it would release in 2011, and that team ico would not skip a whole generation
>>
>>332496578
You realize we're 4 months in to the year, right? Q4 if we're lucky.
>>
I think it'll do what Team Ico expects it to; be something all its own, like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus before it.
>>
>>332488703
rightfully so
>>
File: animal husbandry large.jpg (668 KB, 2359x3250) Image search: [Google]
animal husbandry large.jpg
668 KB, 2359x3250
I want to _____ that dog eagle fox.
>>
>>332501990
hug?
>>
>>332487618
It's gonna fail.

After a certain amount of time has passed expectations for it become impossible to please.

There has never ever been a game delayed for over 10 years that has not failed and there never will be. They honestly should have scrapped the whole thing, maybe start something new. Thankfully valve realized this and scrapped half-life 3.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.