[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey you. You've just been given the rights to oversee the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: kaiwfeqbonpdmk.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kaiwfeqbonpdmk.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
Hey you.

You've just been given the rights to oversee the development of Borderlands 3.

What do do you change, if you do think things need to be changed. What do you introduce? What do you go back to? What do you include? What do you exclude?

What do you think will make Borderlands 3 a good game?

I would make it less like 2, more like 1. Simple.
>>
>I would make it less like 2, more like 1. Simple.

Explain this if you want a discussion.

For me: Less memes, change from FPS to TPS, more loot than just weapons, classes that don't suck ass, better enemy ai, better vehicles, better/more customization.

This thread sucks and OP is a faggot.
>>
File: handsomejack.png (305 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
handsomejack.png
305 KB, 900x506
>>332485804
>New guns, fuck off with the same shit they had for the last two (Make Jacobs more steampunky, Maliwan more futuristic, Dahl more Oper8ter, etc...)
>Less fucking memes, more gritty apocalypse shit
>Make platforming a more important part of gameplay
>Kill Tiny Tina, is the most terribly inhumane way possible (raped by bandits to death)
>Fuck the vehicle bullshit, or make the vehicles actual fun and not a crappy means to get from point A to point B
>More exploring the map, and finding hidden loot chests again
>Make actual raids, not just a retarded OP boss in a big open area
>Have another legendary intro, like the first game
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe4d6aPhbHo
>A co-op system like in Dead Island/ Dying Light, so that I can play with my scrub friends

I miss anything?
>>
>>332485804
Make sure to get the writers from telltale who wrote the story from tales to make the story in the the third game.
>>
I cancel it.
>>
I would ditch the memes and actually try to use the mass of lore that the first game gives you.
>>
I'd make an adult Tina one of the characters just to spite the Burches

She'd drop her retarded dialog and would pull grenades out from between her huge tits
>>
I take money out of its budget to develop the sequel to Colonial Marines.
>>
>>332486497
Was literally about to post this.
>>
Memes
>>
>>332485804
Would set it in prehistoric times within the BL universe. Randomized prehistoric weapons as loot and all that shit.
>>
File: 1458661312906.png (1 MB, 1829x1037) Image search: [Google]
1458661312906.png
1 MB, 1829x1037
>>332485804
Removal of memes, new cast that Anthony Burch hasn't had an opportunity to attach his cuck paws onto, put a much larger emphasis on making the guns not only satisfying to shoot, but much more varied, tone down the humor for serious world building, and a fixed loot system that works better for co-op play instead of people just rushing for the one item that isn't shit. Give me 20 more minutes and I could probably think up more things.
>>
More abilities to use. I would take the classic moba style 3 basic and 1 ultimate ability over having just the 1 active ability.
Make revolvers a separate weapon class. Reintroduce firerate and masher and all that shit to them to make them more like revolvers in BL1. Maybe have Vladofs be the "fire as fast as you can pull the trigger" revolvers and get Jakobs back to being a slow firing accurate handheld sniper.
Less memes.
Less LGBTwhateverthefuck shit Burch just put in "because he could"
Make weapons able to get perfect rolls without having to have all weapon parts from the same manufacture.
Make explosive an element again.
That's it off the top of my head.
>>
>>332485804
Return to linear damage scaling from BL1. Also return to BL1 weapon drop rates.
Guns similar in quality to that of 1, the "bazillion balooperino guns guys" was just some marketing sham that ended up making gunplay worse in 2.
Level design/variety of 2.
Try to focus less on the writing and more on actually fun and interesting sidequests. Writing was never strong in either games, both for different reasons.
>>
Keep everything the exact same except: Raids scale from 1-4 people better, more balanced from solo to full party. Also, no more being one shot at max level on top difficulty in legendary gear. So goddamned stupid. Whats the point of finding a godlike shield if it cant take more than one stray bullet before it collapses? Also, difficulty is choosable at any time in the main menu before you start a game, and the enemies all scale to your level, get rid of the bullshit having to play all the way through 3 times, or being 20 levels above the DLC you just started.
>>
Someone made this thread exact months ago and there were a lot of great ideas shared should the next title be a F2P/P2P MMO styled shooter, which it likely will be. I hope that the person who's been making these threads on a semi-regular basis has been keeping notes and is in some position of authority at Gearbox.
>>
>>332486976
Good point. Diablo 3 style dynamic levelling I think they call it. I remember doing the Halloween DLC for BL1 and being massively overlevelled for the base game after finishing it, despite starting the DLC at an appropriate level.
>>
>Actually make new guns instead of recycle the old shit
>Keep the comedy /v/ hates so much but turn the seriousness way up
>Make Fiona and Rhys playable characters
>Make Tiny Tina playable as an adult with her dress torn into a skimpy outfit and huge tits and ass
>Include the entire planet of Pandora and Elpis and allow free travel between the two
>Take away exponential leveling in trade for linear leveling since the bullet sponge shit is stupid
>>
I'd throw it straight into the trash.

Where it belongs.
>>
Kill Lilith off in the first 5 minutes of the game in an incredibly sexist way.
>>
>>332487396
Blacked to death by zombie Roland.
>>
>>332487396
So we're all in agreement for removing memes, turning tiny tina into a bimbo, and killing lillith?
>>
>>332487593
Aye.
>>
>>332485804
>make revolvers a separate weapon
>Can choose what manufacture to work with and get special bonus with your skills. (certain classes will change depending on what manufacture you choose)
>bring back jack as a claptrap
>bring back the weapon scaling and drops from BL1
>choose to kill lilith or not.
>>
>>332486592
Im not completeley alone i guess
>>
I'd put it on a new planet entirely. I'd also add a way to deconstruct/craft weapons so you're not forced to grind and hope for the precise exact combination of parts on a gun to drop, if ever (or just cheating it in). I'd also throw in a multi-player death match type mode. Might be fun.
>>
>>332485804
1) Anthony Burch will be shot on sight if he appears anywhere near the premises of wherever this game is being developed.

2) Lilith, Mordecai, and the retard who keeps screaming SLAB are either killed off or are given greatly reduced rolls in the game.

3) Get some of the guys at Telltale on board for writing the story/designing the characters. They did a good job with Tales.

4) Stop bringing Jack back. It's time to move on.

5) Playable characters: Adult Tina (seems inevitable), Fiona, (obligatory new Siren), token Male

6) Add more types of vehicles and make them actually worth a damn instead of just a means to get from A to B

7) Restrain selves on Memes.
>>
MORE
KRIEG
>>
>>332487695
Wouldn't Jack commit sudoku if he came back as a Claptrap?
>>
File: 1293683175355.jpg (62 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1293683175355.jpg
62 KB, 320x240
>>332487695
>>bring back jack as a claptrap
>>
File: 1454291425402.jpg (47 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
1454291425402.jpg
47 KB, 500x344
>>332487695
>>bring back jack as a claptrap
>>
>>332487814
>>332487762
>>332487731
>>332487818
I just had a great idea. Relatively long sidequest chain that involves bringing back Jack as a claptrap. When he finally does, he reks himself because he hates claptraps so much. Other than those 2-3 lines of dialogue, he is in no way, shape or form in the game again.
>>
File: vGQMtZ6.jpg (94 KB, 628x889) Image search: [Google]
vGQMtZ6.jpg
94 KB, 628x889
>>332486225
>>332487230
>>332487593
>>332487762
>Adult Tina
Yes please.
>>
>>332485804
Figure out a less halfassed way to encourage co op play that doesn't make solo play tedious as shit.

Don't Hire Anthony birch or anyone 'like' him ever again. just go straight comedy not 'progressive reference' comedy,

let the weapon RNG be more stupidly random. Let people get illogically wtf level weapons, not just infinite vendor trash while you grind cherry designed 'good' weapons with variant stats.

Keep a 'comamndo/soldier' type class as a grounded basic option, make the other classes more unusual.

No slag, but keep the 'idea' of slag in giving every class a way to make something take more damage (not in a way to force speccing for it, just as a way for support option, and make it inate tot he class.)

Everyone have some sort of elemental damage spec. Personal want make the new Commando a maliwen biased one with abilities to cause caustic burns or electric fires like How Gaige partly could
>>
File: Rhys-and-Fiona.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Rhys-and-Fiona.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
>>332487695
No more Jack.

Also these two need to come back in some capacity.
>>
File: IMG_20160124_000629.jpg (185 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160124_000629.jpg
185 KB, 768x1024
>>332488006
I have a better idea. You kill yourself for the greater good.
>>
Playable Scooter. I don't know how much passed after B2 and Tales, but it'd obviously need to take place between those 2 games
>>
File: Approve.gif (545 KB, 256x199) Image search: [Google]
Approve.gif
545 KB, 256x199
>>332487593
>>
>>332487153
Exactly what I was going for.
>>
>>332488115
That's mean. I think I'll be okay, though.
>>
As long as she is a trap with a big feminine penis.
>>
>>332487814
>>332487818
>>332487951
why not? I think it's a fitting way for what he's done.
>>
>>332485804
> less like 2; more like 1
TOP TASTE
>>
Fire EVERYONE who worked on 2 and prequel
>>
>>332488252
Because he already got a great ending scene in Tales.
>>
>>332488143
>but it'd obviously need to take place between those 2 games
You forgot about Pre-Sequel
>>
I would kill off the series. Shitterlands is fucking awful
>>
>Grown up Tiny Tina is a big tit explosives slut

I love it
>>
>>332488305
One thing the Pre-sequel did right was mobility. Going back to either 1 or 2 was difficult because you couldn't go fast.
>>
>hire good writers
>get rid of claptraps and all variations thereof
>get rid of Jack and all variations thereof
>increase weapon drop rate by 1000%
>get rid of artstyle, adopt a more generic aesthetic to complement bland playstyle
>give characters, I don't know, at least a dozen new skills
>add armor slots
>more bosses
>unique monsters
>at least one rail level
>less clutter on the screen; learn proper depth of view
>don't make the game so my friends don't want to play it and we can play something else instead
>>
File: o4n1kvANr21qzijtio1_1280.jpg (128 KB, 966x1288) Image search: [Google]
o4n1kvANr21qzijtio1_1280.jpg
128 KB, 966x1288
Something completely different, because I don't like Borderlands. Like an old school fps with big open areas but with linear progression, 15 weapons that are modifiable and churazy boss fights.
>>
File: 1438840071035.jpg (86 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1438840071035.jpg
86 KB, 1280x960
Give all the wacky effects they save for super rare weapons to normal weapons, and make a whole bunch of them. It's fucking garbage that all the fun effects are locked to 2-3 weapons.
Make more enemy types.
Give more movement options, such as a character focused on rocket jumps or something.
Multiple active skills. Remove 99% of passives that have the word "stacks" in the description.
I would also say "less shit writing" but shitty writing is the trademark of the series.
>>
>>332488591
Why make it Borderlands at all then? Do you like the setting? The art? The writing?
>>
>>332486952
>the "bazillion balooperino guns guys" was just some marketing sham that ended up making gunplay worse in 2.
That was the marketing for one.
>>
>>332488089
they do there ending was really fiting
>>
>>332487695

Jack is done. Let it go.
>>
>Add death match & other multiplayer pvp stuff like with he Crucible in Destiny
-Open world filled with other players like Destiny/Division
-Highly customizable characters
-Tiny Tina ties you up, puts you in a chastity device, and milks your prostate
>>
>>332486225
make Lilith the villain

remove melee skill

enemies actually bounce back or react to
weapon like shotgun and explosive weapon instead of keep moving forward
>>
File: Reverse Ougi.png (182 KB, 447x476) Image search: [Google]
Reverse Ougi.png
182 KB, 447x476
>>332485804
Put Krieg back in the game so I can run at people and slap shit forever.
>>
>>332488731
>that grammar
Lurk more.
>>
>>332488089
If we don't get a season 2, a sidequest could solve the cliffhanger.

Maybe Sasha and crew contacts us, saying that Rhys and Fiona haven't been seen since entering the vault, and we're hired to get in and bring them back
>>
>>332488679
I like the setting.
>>
>>332488650
>such as a character focused on rocket jumps or something.
Pretty sure that was PreSequel.
>>
>>332488650
why hate on stacks?
>>
File: tre.png (30 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
tre.png
30 KB, 160x159
>>332488903
rip
>>
Make it so you can force yourself sexually on other characters.
>>
>>332485804
Weapons come in customizable parts instead of a whole weapon

For example Maliwan chassis provide low normal damage but high elemental damage, while their barrels adds the chance to inflict the elements, while lowering damage + increases accuracy since longer barrels = high accuracy = lower damage.

Jakobs has better recoil handling/accuracy, and their barrels/stocks are heavier, making the player move slower.

Though you can't just mix and match any part to any part, there are different sockets and shit.

I'm pretty sure this is what was done in BL2 but that shit was randomly generated.
>>
>bring Anthony Burch on, have him give input on every female character he already had a hand in
>in parallel, have the real writing team design those characters as the antithesis of any non-empty advice Burch tries to give
>credit him with it and call him a sexist
>>
File: 765765858658768.jpg (29 KB, 503x641) Image search: [Google]
765765858658768.jpg
29 KB, 503x641
>>332489065
If that's the case, also add younger characters as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 720x540
The most important thing is developing a better difficultly system and sense of progression. Losing a gun you love to one you don't like just because the numbers are better is lame. There needs to be a way to keep your old guns relevant for more than twenty minutes. Speaking of, being gunned down by an anonymous grunt in three shots just because they're three levels over you is not fun, nor does it make sense. The most glaring flaw of difficulty is the New Game+ modes, which throws everyone at max level from standard enemies to raid bosses. Where's the fun in that? Where's the feeling of growth? If everything can kill you in a shot or two, you don't feel strong. You don't feel like you earned anything. You're just throwing yourself into bulletproof glass until is cracks enough to let you through.

Also, avoid the Far Cry misstep and don't attempt to recreate Jack. He was wonderful and should be left alone. The antagonist should be something unique.
>>
>>332489190
>Bring Burch in
>Do literally the exact opposite of what he says
FUCKING
GOLD
>>
>>332489161
You're kinda right at least. Also for a weapon to have the best possible rolls, all parts had to be from the same manufacturer, which is all sorts of RNG bullshit. In a crafting system it would make sense, though.
>>
I would have a melee based class with leaps/other gap closers, as well as melee specific weaponry. Throwable daggers, elemental damage, cleaving axes, shockwave creating hammers, shields that block almost all damage, but only when activated (basically like traditional shield); they could be almost as varied as the guns, with a little creativity.

Also, fire the SJWs that seemed to have infiltrated the entire writing staff. Wholey fuck, I seriously thought that BL2 was hard to play because of the try-hard SO RANDUM XD humour shoe-horned in to every moment of dialogue, but the Pre-Sequel dialogue is SO fucking cringeworthy with the feminist shit, it's absurd.

Also, bring back Zer0's special ability from BL 2. I enjoyed lining up multiple railgun headshots for massive damage.
Over all, I'd like to see the classes become more diversified and get more interesting utility earlier on... Kind of silly you have to get to level 20 before you class starts opening up.
>>
>>332488919
For all we know we they got teleported to one of the other vaults that we see at the end of B2. If BL 3 doesn't take place on Pandora then they could somehow tie it into that.
>>
>>332488403
1 million times this.
If they make a new one I hope they at least remove the cars.
>>
>>332489502
>tfw I played as the bitch with a shield because she looked cool
>tfw tiny tina's dyke mom kept hitting on me
>can't tell her to piss off
STOP
STOP
NO MEANS NO
STOP RAPING ME
>>
>>332485804
just drop the "comedy". its all so terrible. I wish games took themselves a little more seriously like they used to. Id rather it be cheesy then try to be funny and fail.
>>
make everyone bisexual, pansexual, travesty, wolf person
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 600x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 600x517
>people suggest removing things that the franchise became famous and, as much as you hate it, adored for like humor, Claptrap, and all the guns
>>
>>332486225

the only thing I don't like about Handsome Jack is for being a CEO he dress like a fag

you don't invade a planet wearing chuck taylors
>>
>>332486225
>more gritty apocalypse shit
No. Seriously, we have more then enough of that and that includes all the Borderlands which are still pretty grim.

>>332490181

To be fair, the guy was trying desperately to forge an image and persona.
>>
>>332485804
Just hand it to Anthony Burch
>>
File: Galil.gif (349 KB, 260x400) Image search: [Google]
Galil.gif
349 KB, 260x400
>>332487593
>>
Scaling now works more like the first game.

Remove Anthony Burch.

Weapons now feel a lot more like the first game, but with new options, like customizable parts and cross brand crafting.

No more memes.

Have it include a set single player mode that's completely seperate from the multiplayer, specifically designed with single player in mind. You can still jump into the multiplayer experience solo, but it will be harder as its tailored to at least 2+ people.

No more Jack. Claptrap can stay, but he gets FAR less screen time
>>
>>332489735
I pretty much did the same thing.
Shield seemed like a cool idea, but in practice was underwhelming as fuck. All the classes were.
>girlfriend class auto-aim ability
>boring shield that does a little bit of defense, and a tiny bit of offense
>summon two flying turrets, one shoots things, one heals you; adds nothing to actual gameplay
>randomly get stat bonuses and your health back

Seriously, compared to Zer0's ability in BL2, these are all uninteresting as fuck.
>>
Give each weapon type something unique along with the manufacturer and have it's own pros and cons. In borderlands 2 even though they added in many more guns alot of them just felt like utter trash to fire. In Borderlands 1 revolvers felt great to use, hell every weapon type in the first one had viable options except the rocket launchers which were a meme.
Keep some memes, but more in-universe wackiness rather than simply references to pop culture.
Remove Tina and all other characters that are annoying to listen to. Even if you acknowledge that they're awful and give a "wink wink nudge nudge" to the player about it, it doesn't make the experience any less aggravating.
Don't bring back any more characters from the first game or the second game for that matter except maybe some NPC's. Nobody gave much of a shit about the actual player characters, they were just character classes in an RPG not to be given dialogue or backstories
>>
File: MDN_InflammatoryUmbrage0.jpg (602 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
MDN_InflammatoryUmbrage0.jpg
602 KB, 1920x1200
>Have it take place on multiple planets, as the ending of 2 implies
>Each manufacturer has its own pool of parts to mix and match from instead of everyone using each other's parts resulting in travesties like pic related
>Better equipment drop rates in general
>More unique gun effects
>Each manufacturer has its own weapon type (Vladof miniguns, Dahl grenade launchers, Maliwan flamethrowers, etc.)
>BL2 vault hunters aren't completely pussified like the BL1 ones are in BL2
>this >>332487593
>Remove slag, ice is now the fourth element
>Torgue manufactures actual guns like they did in BL1 as well as explody stuff
>No absurd enemy scaling like in BL2 where a random bandit has 10x your health and is only prevented from one-shotting you by health-gating
>True/Ultimate Vault Hunter modes are actual continuations of the story instead of just repeating but with bigger numbers

As a start. I'm sure I could go on if I indulged my autism for a bit more.
>>
>>332487593
And don't forget to remove Burch, and ensure he never even interacts with the team.
>>
>>332485804
i would ovrermeme it into the ground because i dont believe in skinner boxes as game design. borderlands is tripe made for simpletons to clap like a retard whenever the coin lands heads up.
>>
File: Spike_Spiegel_.png (768 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Spike_Spiegel_.png
768 KB, 1920x1080
>>332485804
1 expand the movement system from TPS with dodging wall running along with a grappling hook
2 the main characters should be rhys and fiona with identical skill trees that way the player could have multiple abilities
3 add new weapon types like a grenade launcher, bows, LMG, minigun, flame thrower (that can use multiple elements) etc
4 expand the melee system with swords, spears, hammers, etc
5 let us have 4 weapons from the start having to progress to a certain point in the story is annoying
6 keep the lasers and ice from TPS
I think that's it
>>
>>332491164
You know I could understand why Slag didn't exist in Presequel because eridium manufactures didn't exist at the time but on the inverse, what's the in-lore reason why ice elemental guns and Laser type guns suddenly stopped existing?

And don't say that Torgue went on a hate spree on laser weapons that actually worked
>>
>>332491752
I choose to believe that hyperion kicked them out
>>
>>332491752
Supposedly the compound used for ice weapons doesn't work in atmosphere even though they work fucking fine in atmospheres in-game. As for lasers, Mr. Torgue was a factor, but I think the main thing was some bullshit about how they're too fragile for high-gravity environments.
>>
File: 1353553458931.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1353553458931.jpg
519 KB, 1920x1080
>>332485804
>What do do you change, if you do think things need to be changed. What do you introduce?

I don't change much, but I introduce a fucking Heavy Weapons type.

Not some multi-barreled assault rifle no more. I get a fucking chainsaw grip minigun or flamethrower or some shoulder mounted auto-canon. Something BIG that chews from ammo and is too fucking heavy to hold like some rifle.
>>
>>332486610
So you want another Farcry Primal?
>>
>100% new cast of characters

Most of the characters in Borderlands 2 made me want to puke from the cringe. Tiny Tina, that redneck manlet, that fat bitch in the desert, Claptrap. It's sad that the very few characters who aren't annoying and more in line with the "dark humor" approach the first game had (Dr. Zed, Marcus, Moxxi) are relegated to minor characters who at most get to be part of one or two sidequests.

>Less humor that looks like it was made for 12 year olds

Let's take a darker approach to humor, make it more sarcastic, direct, offensive. And of course no memes

>Quality over Quantity

Let's not have one million weapons with literally one or two stat points of difference, maybe a system like the one in Warframe where enemies throw mods that you can use to improve your weapons, balance the system so that said mods can also debuff your weapon in certain areas so that you don't go OP.

>Extra modes such as Survival or PvP so you don't get bored of farming

Self-explanatory

>No vehicles

They were only useful in 2 for getting into a few areas that required it, but that's it

>More "closed" maps

Borderlands 2 suffered from having too many "open" spaces because
>muh vehicles
So let's make the maps a bit more closed and small but filled with more enemies

>A more "personal" plot

Imagine New Vegas but without the second half of the game's story, or S.T.A.L.K.E.R, something more personal and less "DUDE LET'S SAVE THE WORLD LMAO"
>>
>>332485804
new characters
new setting
fire anthony burch out of a cannon
weapons level up with you
able to use all of the money you get to upgrade your weapons to higher quality tiers/add parts and passive effects from guns
>>
>>332487937
But Anon, how would she possibly convince a seven foot tall mountain of muscle to stop having his way with whomever he wants?
>>
>>332488942
explain
>>
>>332485804
Hire Burch's ex and make a wiiu exclusive
>>
>>332485804
Spend all the money I need to having acors pretend to code and a small teams of animators make slowly improving premade cgi bullscenes to show randy when he wants proof of progress.
Embezzle every other cent I can and hand it straight to sega.
>>
>>332492789
I like you
>>
>>332485804
Hire Burch's ex to write, all characters voiced by his sister, and make a wiiu exclusive
>>
I mostly just want all the weapons to be viable. In BL2, certain weapon types were just complete garbage, like Dahl ARs.
But then things that could've been amazing, like Dahl shotguns, didn't exist.
>>
>>332485804
Remove all that manufacturer bullshit. BL1 shits all over BL2 in regards to weapon diversity.
Implement a way to collect parts to craft your own guns
Put in a shitton more gun types and effects
Less story, dialogue and everything that isnt shooting shit or getting loot
Put in more skills, more skill effects and expand upon your characters skill trees so its more than just two builds.

There, fixed.
>>
>>332485804
I WOULD TAKE OUT ALL OF THE STUPID FUCKING MEMES AND NOT ACT LIKE ITS 2010.
i mean damn, how the fuck do they expect their games to become timeless, or do they at all?
I would also not make stupid unnecessary prequels.
Focus on gameplay rather than story, because most of the story sucks anyway.
>>
the option to kill lilith
but we all know that won't happen and the best that will happen is some body making an off hand comment and get shitted on by the main characters
>>
I notice that a lot of people dont want memes in the next one.
Hear that, Gearbox?
Stop the god damn memes, it's cringy.
>>
Remove that stupid fucking tina
>>
How to solve the manufacturer bullshit, and other things regarding weapons:
1) Manufacturers have all their own component pools, including Bandit
2) Weapons with a manufacturer other than Bandit always have all parts from the same manufacturer, to give them an unified look
3) Bandit and unique weapons that are obviously aftermarket weapons can have parts from other manufacturers
4) If there is some sort of crafting system, allow for parts from different manufacturers
5) Bring back the rarity system from BL1. As in, the rarity is determined by the sum of the rarity of the parts, rather than first rolling the rarity and then the component
6) Also bring the weapon material as a component, like in BL1
7) Special weapon effects like legendaries can come from parts other than the barrel, like in BL1, allowing again uniques with legendary parts if really lucky.
>>
Put the guns back to the way they were in 1. No forced gimmicks on literally every gun from a given brand, all the manufacturer/type combinations are back, and each combination isn't just a premade gun with tweaked values. Allow true random variety in everything: the model parts, the sound effects, the rate of fire, modifiers like burst and elemental, everything. Each brand should just be different feature/stat favors and maybe a few clamps.
>>
>>332493638
>1) Manufacturers have all their own component pools
Shit idea, end yourself.
>>
>You've just been given the rights to oversee the development of Borderlands 3.

Fuck no dude, i dont wanna be Anthony Burch go away!
>>
>>332493638
>>332493654
Now that you make me remember
8) Bring back the explosive element.
9) Actually don't make elemental effects their own accesories.
10) BRING BACK THE MASHER
>>
>>332491752
there's a line in pre-sequel that the ice weapons require liquid methane, which is easily obtainable on elpis but no way to ship it to pandora

uh except maybe the moonshot cannon firing down every other kind of supplies which could easily include ice weapons. nevermind, the answer is lazy writing.
>>
>>332493727
Maybe I should have worded it a bit better. The idea that each manufacturer has their own parts pool is more for aesthetic effects preventing shit like >>332491164
But the parts are statwise similar, with inclinations towards the specialization of their manufacturer of course.
>>
Can I add an "At least you're not Anthony Burch" joke? or does it count as a meme?
>>
>>332494009
>The idea that each manufacturer has their own parts pool is more for aesthetic effects
Nope. Shit idea, end yourself.
>>
File: Betaburch 4.0.jpg (3 MB, 5244x3176) Image search: [Google]
Betaburch 4.0.jpg
3 MB, 5244x3176
>>332494061
It's a meme everyone will let slide.
>>
>>332485804
Mouse driven tetris inventory for PC
>>
>>332494061
You could add like, an easter egg into 3 with some random NPC being a total loser and your character saying something like "at least I'm not THAT guy" or something.

The NPC could be crying about losing his Holodeck-U to his ex wife.
>>
>BL1 loot tables
>hub area like BL2
>enemy variety like BL2
>writing that doesn't educate me about how the "friendzone" is so misogynistic that a certain writer literally can't even
>more depth to character customization

That about sums it up
>>
>>332494236
This image is retarded
>random nigger starts defending anthony burch
>people joke about it being anthony burch
>guy who made the image takes it at face value "this was anthony!"
>thread goes 404 probably because it's offtopic afterwards
>guy who made the image implies burch got it deleted

I mean please. Not even soulja boy got shit deleted when he was here. Why would burch be able to?
>>
>>332494236
>do not endorse anything associated with him
>allow one piece of human garbage to damage, even ruin the hard work of hundreds of people
>in a medium where writing is only one of many parts of the whole
>in a series where the writing can effectively be disabled wholesale with few to no side effects
i cannot endorse this image
>>
Cohesive world where ice stage doesnt link directly to desert stage.
Actually stages arent really neccessary now, they should be able to make a wlrld without loading screens
>>
>>332494839
the mindset is sadly very common, it's like the people who got the firefox CEO fired for being christian.
>>
>>332486086
Take bad ass tokens out, and actually have customizable weapons, that first ad they had was misleading as fuck
>>
>>332495325
>they should be able to make a wlrld without loading screens

Console limitations.
>>
A prequel set before the first game and is about finding the very first vault ever opened.
And the 4 player characters would be
>a youngish grandma Flexington (mr torgues grandmother)
>a guy who would be the grandfather of some vault hunter, preferably axton's
>General knoxx before he was a general
>and some 4th person I havn't decided yet
certain companies like Torgue would not be in the game due to not existing yet, and the game would either be narrated by Torgues grandma or the vault hunter whos grandfather is the playable character
>>
>>332485804
I love almost everything about Borderlands 2, so I'd do more expanding than all-out changing

>make second wind bar depletion speed vary by class and be improvable via perks (with the intention of making tanky characters with survivability excel more in that than squishier built characters)
>add a button to turn it into a third-person shooter if you want that (mostly for screenshots, but some people like playing it this way)
>more weapon and shield variety (make it more about playstyle, less about raw stats)
>make party synergy more important in coop
>make enemy AI smarter so they actually work together instead of mobbing at you
>make everything visually and thematically more ridiculous and over-the-top (loved this about BL2, I want to preserve and emphasize it)
>get rid of "grind the drop" sidequests. These only serve the purpose of being filler content.

I also like the concept of vehicles, but didn't think they were done well so I'd be changing hella stuff about that.
>scrap the catch-a-ride for a garage system. You must steal, buy, or build each vehicle you own.
>vehicles can be stolen from the enemy camps out in the world
>vehicles can be bought from a terminal and transported into your garage
>vehicles can be built or repaired using materials and parts you collect from the world
>vehicles can also be repaired by paying a mechanic if you do not want to grind for parts
>vehicles can be modularly built, customized, painted, and named.
>each vehicle has a different speed, acceleration, weight and, turning radius, as well as takeoff speed, max flight height, and max angle of ascent if the vehicle meets the requirements to fly based upon the modular sections used to make it.
>think Mad Max game, but borderlands themed and without as much of a focus on realistic construction and physics

I'm debating on allowing the player to create mechs in the lategame & endgame.
>>
>>332495654
Wtf theres nothing but open world games on consoles nowadays
>>
>>332485804
>Make Lilith the bad guy because she fucks over literally everyone and there's no way it's not intentional at this point
>Make the guns feel better and powers actually interesting along with more enemy variety and fun encounters
>More viable weapons
>Actually fun boss fights
>Less DLC but make the DLC have more content, more content in the game itself
>>
>>332496158
whoops forgot one thing
>vehicle parts can be bought from qualified sellers. Any vehicle part can be bought at any point in the game - if you have the money.
>>
Just take everything from borderlands 2 and take out a meme, that way it'll be less memey and it won't be made by a nothing Burch meaning it's automatically better and will sell better
>>
Make way less guns but make the gunplay actually good, satisfying and crisp.

More != better.

A few cool, well-designed options are better than 10000000 mediocre ones.
>>
>>332485804

I'd make it a MMO, the ending to 2 kinda set that up anyway.

>Large amount of planets
>Add in space stations and other settings
>First few planets are typical Borderlands style leveling/story style setups
>Mix in a few large open zones for exploring
>Rest of the planets are open world max level content

Basically what Destiny tried to do but failed horribly at.
>>
Dead Island/Dying Light Co-op.

Biggest problem with playing the game is creating a level discrepancy between you and your friends means you can't play with em anymore.
>>
>>332490181
He's so rich, he just doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>332487593
Why not just turn Tina into a serious character instead of a bimbo? Turning her into a bimbo's doing absolutely nothing to solve the issue, that issue being that she's a garbage character.
Make her a serious character, give her some actual plot relevance, or just straight up don't have her in. I fucking HATE Tina so I'd be down for her vanishing completely, but bad characters can be redeemed by good writing and made tolerable.
>>
>>332485804
Same answer as ever:

Class skill at level 1.
>>
File: indubitably.jpg (80 KB, 620x289) Image search: [Google]
indubitably.jpg
80 KB, 620x289
>>332486401
Tales was far better than it had any right to be.
>>
>>332498068
>Why not just turn Tina into a serious character

You make it sound easy, she wasn't designed to be a serious character in the first place, all there is to her personality is "LOL LOOK I'M A CRAZY LOLI PSYCHOPATH xD".

The only thing you can do is just not have her in like you said.
>>
a few things I wish for

>Elder Scrolls esque open world
>Make all weapons manufacturers and types useful (unkempt harold lel)
>create a secundary weapon slot called melee weapons which are collectable as well (instead of the basic ones)
>more raid bosses
>>
There's nothing that can be done about borderlands to make it better without completely changing the formula.
>>
Class skill at lvl 1

melee weapons

no memes

option to completely turn off the story also ability to skip cutscenes

keep cryo and laser weapons

create a new story on a totally different world with totally different characters

back to wasteland aesthetic, but more colorful
>>
>>332498354
So a big world full of nothing but random locations with little relevancy other than some petty job you took from the Bartender?

To be fair, Skyrim world design wasn't really bad, but Bethesda failed at making it feel alive without the use of scripted events
>>
>>332485804
Get rid of RPG elements entirely.
Lower the amount of 'unique' guns so that you get maybe 600 different possible gun combos with actually neat shit that plays like an fps and not like an RPG where you hold click 'til the enemy dies.
>>
>>332498298
>she wasn't designed to be a serious character in the first place
But the BL1 cast were designed to be serious characters (especially given some of the backstories like Roland) and BL2 utterly destroyed that, so I don't see why it would be impossible to take a garbage LOLSORANDUM character and actually make them worth something beyond HEY TEAPARTIES WITH CORPSES AND EXPLOSIVES LOL
>>
>>332485804
>Sabotage 2K Australia
>Fire cucks
>Focus on interesting gunz, locations, enemies
>Steal story from some old play or novel
>>
>>332485804
>The planet needs to change.
>More space action
>More RPG elements and variety to builds.
>Bring back awesome weapons. Add more.
>More lore - to those interested.
>More alien weapons.
>More character interaction.
>Homosexuality and feminism are outlawed and nobody cares or whines about it, just to spite Anthony Burch.
>>
>>332488081
that'd be smoking hot
>>
>>332485804
strip everything from the game, turn it into Warhammer 40k
>>
File: Bro Knee.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bro Knee.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
>>332498258
Season 2 when?
>>
>>332485804
Disregard all existing characters and story. No referential/random humor for the sake of cheap entertainment. Diablo 2 with guns and first person.
>>
>Make the skills like Overwatch, 2 mini skills with one ult
>Gun brands have more personality, which if you see a certain gun you know what brand it is just by looking at it
>More customization loot
>More grenade types
>Less memes, make it more Mad Max-esque where it looks goofy as fuck but it's actually taken very seriously and therefore becomes a bit unsettling
>More memorable missions(maybe hire the telltale guys)
>Better legendary weapons that offer something completely different from other guns

>Introduce mutations
>>
>>332488808
Lilith is already being set up to be the villain
>>
>>332486401
>>332498258
Am I able to jump into TFTBL if my understanding of Borderlands comes solely from ~1 hour of BL1 gameplay, ~1 hour of BL2 gameplay and general pop culture osmosis?
>>
>>332498856
>>Sabotage 2K Australia
It's already gone.
>>
>>332499198
Can you faggots go one fucking thread without posting about your shit games? Fuck off, you're worse than furries.
>>
File: Loader_Bot.png (449 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Loader_Bot.png
449 KB, 500x500
>>332485804
>Mandatory: Make this glorious motherfucker playable.

The artstyle should be toned back to the more dirty and rough style of 1, at least a little. It can still be silly but I really liked the pseudo-cowboy aesthetic.

Make revolvers cool again, bring back non-revolver guns with revolver loading mechanisms. Make guns more "punch"-y like they were in 1. Remove Bandit weapons because who the fuck even uses those. Make guns generally more useful so i won't have to be stuck between desperately trying to find the least shit random gun or going straight for the best non-random gun available.

No more Leader/Siren/Sniper/Tank Vault Hunters like 1 and 2 had, give us more interesting VHs like Krieg, Gaige, and the TPS characters.

Less goddamn shitty filler side-missions I don't have to explain what I mean by this.
>>
>Make Tina and Gaige adult and lesbians
I'd fap to that
>>
File: 1459094099454.jpg (164 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459094099454.jpg
164 KB, 1024x1024
>>332485804
I would actually cancel development and funnel the money to something else entirely since borderlands is absolute garbage!
>>
>>332494273
>BL1 loot tables.

Hell yea. I've played through BL2 and PreSequel with a friend on his PS4, and he recently got BL1 when it was free on Xbox, and he's already loving it more, simple for the reason that 9 out of 10 weapon chests you open aren't full of either pistols or rocket launchers.
>>
>make multiple skill paths actually mean something and completely change your gameplay and not just "NOW YOU USE THIS SPECIAL SKILL INSTEAD OF THIS ONE. oh but you still use all the same weapons and items"
>make uniques and special items things you can use til end game (i.e. a level 3 Unique Item can last all the way to level 500+ simply because it changes a certain skill in a special way. i.e. Diablo 2 WereBarbarian)
>give more equipment slots, like armour or rings or whatever else
>make items much, much more dependable. i.e. finding an item actually means something and it isn't just boring upgrades every two minutes
>give us more stats
>make two different complete Melee Classes with actual decent melee combat that isn't stupid as fuck Call of Duty tier press tab to knife. Each class vastly different. i.e. one relies heavily on speed. while the other relies heavily on grabbing everyones attention or tankiness, maybe even give him a big shield and a hammer that he can use all the time
>make a class completely about their magic or special abilities. think lilith, but a huge emphasis on spamming all these different types of magic and skills to the point where you never need guns
>make the world more unique and interesting, same with monsters, at it is, it's very bland, boring, uninspired and dull
>no fetch quests or kill these three monsters to complete the quest MMO tier bullshit. Make quests actual quests. They should be important challenges where you travel the world and spend hours to complete a single quest
>increase the speed of the game a little and make it less Halo tier in terms of boring gunplay
>have more enemies on the field and increase the abilities to match it

God, Borderlands franchise is so shit.
>>
>>332491752

The biggest suppliers of weapons on Pandora is Marcus. And because of reasons and huge arguments, He never shipped those kinds of guns onto Pandora to sell to bandits.

I don't know what to do for the gameplay since I already like all 3. But I would like to see some silly new badass characters.

Stuff like a Pseudo Siren dude who escaped from trying to mimic them so we don't bring a FOURTH FUCKING SIREN into the game. Just some really femmy dude who tries to enforce his masculinity despite looking more like a lady as he goes beserk with these uncontrollable powers. Give him chest lumps and a high pitched voice as he makes sexist remarks like "Why do I feel like I need a kitchen?" "Oh God, I feel my driving skills leaving me!" "Ugh... I have the greatest urge to clean up! SOMEONE SLAP ME!"

That or a guy whose ultimate weapon changes depending on what element of weapon you use. Fire for Flamethrower, Tesla cannon for Electric, Bile launcer for poison, Machine gun for no element.
>>
>>332499793
There are some references to the other games here and there, but I'd say the only thing it's good to know beforehand is that everyone's after the vaults, Handsome Jack ran the company of Hyperion, and that he ended up being killed by the vault hunters for being a dick.

Otherwise, you shouldn't have too many problems getting into things.
>>
>>332485804
First things first, ditch the god awful unoptimized piece of shit unreal engine straight up.
Fix netcode.
Ditch the fucking terrible cel shading garbage.
Add more variety of weapons not just variety of stats. Give characters unique movement sets as well. Faster movement in general, as well as significantly faster jumping in and out of car and switching places. All vehicles should be less shit, movement preferably similar to the hovercraft.
New environments of course, more variety of cover and more vertical play as well.
Fix coop so different levels can play together (downscale/upscale power to host or something)
Optional instanced loot - or at the very least instanced legendaries/pearlescent drops.
More variety in enemies.
Nix the shittier dialogue.
>>
>>332485804
similar presentation to 2, but massive balance overhaul
>endgame health and damage scaling, so health stacking is viable without shit 'gating' mechanic
>rebalance weapon types; assault rifles no longer blatantly inferior to pistols, etc
>allow sidequests/story missions to be replayable- no having to reset ENTIRE STORY MODE to farm quest rewards like the Pimpernel
>change loot system as a whole such that you don't have to go through 10 layers of RNG to get a specific weapon
>expand banks/backpack system, or just give everyone a bag of holding because why not
next siren's Action Skill must be called "Phaseshock"
>>
>>332488808
>make Lilith the villain
She already was.

>weapon like shotgun and explosive weapon instead of keep moving forward
They do trip up and fall and get knocked back. Hit a nomad hard enough and he actually slides back and leans forward to keep his balance giving you clear access to his body.

>remove melee skill
No.
>>
>>332485804
Make later playthroughs less about dramatically increasing the health of enemies, and more about changing up enemy abilities and resistances.
Make the drop system actually encourage players to switch around loot often.
Replace shields for an armour system.
Reduce NPC talking. Its fine when you just get the mission and when you completed it. But I don't fucking need them to talk to me every time I complete an objective.
Increase max players for a coop game to 6 players.
Make only one or two big feature rich campaign DLCs instead of a dozen smaller DLCs.
Have the game set on a new planet or planets.
>>
>>332485804
>dark humor
>some form of level scaling because the difficulty and sense of progression gets fucked mid way in both games
>better gun selection and placement, the loot on stick method doesn't work if you don't ever get any worthwhile loot
>less grinding
>stop recycling characters
>bring back multiplayer arenas, even if they don't have any competitive depth

THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL YOU HAD TO DO FOR 2 AND SOMEHOW THEY FUCKED THAT UP.
>>
>>332499793
Why would you care since you haven't actually played the games and your total understanding is that there's a planet four then eight people on it with guns and some smiley fuck tried to kill the last four and there's an annoying robot.
>>
>>332499793
I didn't beat the first or second game, but I still enjoyed TFTBL well enough.
>>
>Opening level of new Borderlands
>New Vault Hunters are incognito in a nice futuristic suburb as they are going to secretly check on a planetary government site for what looks to be a key to a Vault.
>Cheesy 50's happy music plays until Death metal falls from the sky
>Bandits come landing in ala 'Litany of Litany' style as Sanctuary slowly hovers in
>>
>>332500026
They're already bisexual, that covers doing chicks and dudes.
Tina makes comments about how sexy the vault hunter/s iz in the Torgue DLC. She'd be down for that.
She doesn't give a fuck. A majority of the characters in the game are bisexual including the townsfolk. Though bisexual doesn't mean without preference.
>>
>>332500814
Define "beat"
You didn't finish the normal mode or you didn't beat all the playthroughs and with all the characters? Because there's basically three playthroughs each game. But the story is only 1/3rd of the game with enemy variations as you grow more powerful.
>>
>>332485804
I make it a walking simulator and spend so much money on it that the company fucking tanks and there is never another Borderlands game.
>>
>>332501139
I didn't reach the final boss with any of the characters?
>>
>>332501356
Gearbox does need to shut the fuck down and stop making terrible buggy shit games they nickel and dime for and still don't support properly. But one would imagine if they stopped making games terrible that would be reason for them to stay open.
>>
>>332485804
bring back Mordecai as playable back and remove all sjv bullshit also no nigers.
>>
File: long haired burch.png (632 KB, 853x433) Image search: [Google]
long haired burch.png
632 KB, 853x433
Hai guys can I bring my brother into this thread?
>>
>>332485804
more memes.
>>
File: 1441663899515.jpg (65 KB, 615x454) Image search: [Google]
1441663899515.jpg
65 KB, 615x454
>tfw you actually hope this is a shill thread and gearbox are listening
>tfw they do and we get vid related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlZv9fEY_co
>>
>>332487230
Rhys won't be playable, he's running Atlas.

Fiona will probably be playable, and Vaughn will likely be a quest giver at Helios.
>>
>>332501712
No, he can only watch.
>>
>>332492201
this.
>>
Mechromancer again. She did good job of negating the bullet-sponge enemies, and encouraged balls-to-wall aggressive gameplay.
>>
File: 1444701562114.jpg (118 KB, 584x622) Image search: [Google]
1444701562114.jpg
118 KB, 584x622
>>332501914
>>
>>332501959

Some classes other than operator with turret, tank guy with rage mode, and magical girl with magic would be nice

Then again I've only played 1 and 2
>>
>>332492201
>that redneck manlet
the only guy that comes to mind is Scooter, and so fuck you.

Also, he's dead.
>>
I would make it a Vita exclusive for a year but turn down all claims that it is coming to other platforms, just to see the shitshow and 2K's stocks drop
>>
>>332501870
I feel like having Fiona playable would miss the point a little. Her whole thing was that she was a vault hunter who didn't rely on shooting everything that moves, and what's more she and Rhys were actually more successful than any of the other vault hunters in the series, considering they actually managed to get the treasure, so I don't know why either would be doing any direct vault-hunting in any future games.
>>
>>332492201

Mod fusing in Warframe is actually a good system, gets addicting

Shame it's wasted on a game that the devs half-ass
>>
>>332502082
Because Fiona enjoys the danger, anon.

Her gimmick would have to build off of her "gameplay" in Tales, something to do with damage avoidance and critical hits?

Sounds a bit too similar to Zer0
>>
>>332501032
>Tina makes comments about how sexy the vault hunter/s iz in the Torgue DLC. She'd be down for that.

Isn't she like 10?
>>
>>332492201
>Quality over Quantity
Agreed. I still like random aspect of weapons, getting sime useless shit is fun once in a while, but the way weapons worked on BL2 was that most were useless not because of stupid gimmicks, but because stat differences were so small.
Put in bigger variation to weapons, add in more fun gimmicks to the mix(who the fuck gives a shit about bandit weapons having more ammo), allow different manufacturers use different parts, lower the stat-creep so that you don't need to switch weapons every level on higher levels.
>>
File: 1421182431766.gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1421182431766.gif
1 MB, 500x280
So is it just me or are there way more people who played 2/TPS first than people who've actually played Borderlands? I feel like the changes are different enough that what players want to see a new game is drastically different depending on whichever they played first.

Borderlands 2 put a bigger emphasis on story, "raid bosses", and made a significant change to the loot system, so their expectations involve the game having some "amazing" story, end-game content, and something at least similar to 2's loot system. Personally I don't agree with the direction 2 went.

The story bogged things down, did a poor job characterizing the previous Player Characters, and was far less grey than the original. The transformation of Vault Hunters going from loot-hungry mercs to quirky murder-hobo-heroes was disappointing to say the least. Really the whole thing felt like somebody trying really hard to do Borderlands, but only on the surface. Also, is it just me, or did they really overuse "badass" more than they had in the first game?
>>
File: 1329452740298.png (19 KB, 180x183) Image search: [Google]
1329452740298.png
19 KB, 180x183
>>332502368
I don't understand the appeal behind the end-game bosses either. I mean sure, a powerful boss to test your skills near the end is always great, but from what I hear they all sound like loot-raffles that everyone just spends time farming every so often like they're playing an MMO. Granted that might be because I only played the game with my friends, maybe the online community functioned differently than my personal group did.

The loot system though is honestly the most disappointing part about 2 though. The kind of guns you could get in the first game were far more varied, crazier, and most of all satisfying. I'm guessing Gearbox felt the need to balance things though (why they'd do this, I have no idea, was dueling a big thing in 1?). Some of the guns are so ridiculous comparatively to 2's now that people who've only played the latter might accuse 1 of being imbalanced garbage maybe? Point is that guns in 2 just don't have that same satisfaction, even the ones you hold onto don't feel that special.

TPS wasn't that great in my opinion because it basically built off these things. It's not a Borderlands sequel, it's a Borderlands 2 sequel (if that makes any sense). I don't blame 2K Austrailia for that though, they were just building off of the foundation given to them. Were Gearbox to go and make a BL3, I'm sure they'd do the same.
>>
Return to the open-world space western theme of the first game and do away with the humor and goofy comedy. Fire all of the character and dialogue writers.

We want a game that people can take seriously - the kind of game an adult gamer can play after work with a bunch of his buddies without feeling like he's being asked to participate in some sort of overdone kiddy-humor.

Loot/gear system: I heard they had some issues that needed to be resolved with this, but I was never really that interested in grinding this game so I don't have the level of expertise to comment on this.
>>
>>332502368

My honest opinion is that writing aside, 2 is straight up better. More weapon variety, FAR more enemy variety, more bosses, an ending that doesn't suck dick, the angel girl was finally explained and didn't feel like half-cut content

I haven't played any of the games in years though
>>
>>332502368
>>332502407
2 was literally better than 1 in every way, including weapon variety. It also had AoDK thats the best part of all 3 game. A sequel would have to build on that, maybe using TPS scaling bit surely not its fucked up loot system
>>
>>332502368
>did they really overuse "badass" more than they had in the first game?
Yes. The completely missed the flair of the first game. Even the character introductions were trash, right down to the splash cut-ins. Honestly, the only thing I found that 2 had improved on was character skills and Jack (when they weren't over doing the "humor"). Weapon variety somehow managed to be worse, pacing was worse because of the ridiculous drop rates on everything, and the writing was worse outside of the main villain. They either ignored aspects of the first game that needed fixing, or fucked them up more. It's honestly baffling when the original borderlands didn't even need that much work to begin with.
>>
File: IMG_0974.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0974.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>332502556
2 is still real decent. I've got tons of hours and characters spent playing it, but at the same time I can't help but feel something tugging at me. I really don't feel there's more weapon variety, if anything I feel there's less. Sure the manufacturer's are more unique, and I think that was an admirable direction to take, but it just didn't pan out well in my opinion.

>>332502615
> 2 was literally better than 1 in every way, including weapon variety.
I'm gonna disagree with you there.

> It also had AoDK thats the best part of all 3 game.
Now I'm reeeeeeeeeally gonna disagree with you there. Don't get me wrong, AoDK was probably the best DLC to come out of 2, considering most of it's DLC felt so boring, but don't go telling me that shit's better than Knoxx or Robot Revolution. I mean, you will, because that's what you think, but...
>>
>>332502368
I haven't read the other comments in the thread - I'm >>332502516

You're absolutely right in your criticism. They took one element of B1 - the silly humor and wacky characters - and expanded it at the expense of the rest of the plot features of the original game.

This isn't to suggest that they shouldn't have a plot, just that they shouldn't do it in the way they decided to. The attractive features of BL1 were in its setting, the way it echoed old American Western wasteland narratives. They didn't preserve this tone in later games and instead opted to go for humor (which completely missed the mark, in my opinion).

That was a mistake. I doubt the series will recover, honestly. They'll milk it for a bit and the awful writers who ruined the series will move on to make other awful games. These sort of things don't get resolved, usually.
>>
>>332502368
>so their expectations involve the game having some "amazing" story
BL2's story was always a joke and it was largely just a setup for saying more vaults (too be continued). It's also not more of a story than what BL1 had.

The gameplay in BL2 was better though. More variety of enemies and what they do well.
>>
>>332486225
Make the health and damage scaling more similar to 1. DoT elementals became useless and you died in 2 shots
>>
>>332502840
It won't. In all honesty, much as I prefer 1, 2 and TPS were likely more profitable anyway. Even if they weren't, Gearbox would likely stop developing it before trying to go back to how the first game was. That's okay though, nothing lasts forever I suppose. I still go back and play BL1 from time to time anyhow.

>>332502967
>BL2's story was always a joke and it was largely just a setup for saying more vaults (too be continued). It's also not more of a story than what BL1 had.
Hence the quotation marks around "amazing".

> The gameplay in BL2 was better though. More variety of enemies and what they do well.
Definitely, enemy variety really helped. Still, I feel it would've been better were the weapons more like what 1 had. I'm sure GB has there reasons, but I personally don't like it.
>>
>>332502824
>Weapon variety somehow managed to be worse
It really wasn't. There's more unique variations of the guns in BL2 than BL1 which was almost strictly basic varieties - shotguns that shoot mini rockets, masher (though admittedly I miss this one and it was the most powerful thing in the game), and aliens weapons.
BL2 also had more uniques.
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Unique
>>
>>332502840
The series might not recover for you, but 2 is still one of the more played games on steam with 10k peaks everyday. 2 is what people like and hopefully they'll do a decent job recapturing that for 3 once battleborn implodes on them.
>>
>>332503123
>Still, I feel it would've been better were the weapons more like what 1 had.
Bare, minimal and significant lack of variety and drop rate? Pass.

That was the thing I preferred most about BL2, more weapon variation. BL1 was fucking atrocious with that shit. Even it's special variants weren't interesting or special or effective. Rocket launchers might as well not even exist in BL1 as well due to their basically incompetent as fuck handling of splash damage since you could hit immediately next to someone and a small incline on the ground would make it so it doesn't do any damage whatsoever.
>>
>>332503118
> DOTs were useless in 2

Only in the OP levels. Storm Gaige absolutely wrecked fleshies til then, and the infection(?) was serviceable for bots.
>>
File: mindblown.gif (499 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
mindblown.gif
499 KB, 200x200
>>332503332
>10k peaks everyday

I thought you were exaggerating. According to Steamspy the game peaked at nearly 20k a couple of weeks ago. No idea why there hasn't been a proper BL3 yet

also this thread is really good right now, like uncannily good for /v/. Maybe it's because it's dead hours and only NEETs are up to post
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-v738HMMuE
>>
Gameplay similar to 2, but without shitty fucking balancing in the late game

Story minimised and uncucked (but keep some of the better characters like Torgue)

Plenty of content, varied characters (possibly with the ability to play as the characters from previous games)

Get rid of slag as a mechanic

Make sure the gameplay is fun and fast, none of that slow as fuck Pre-Sequel stuff.

Borderlands 1 and 2 are actually some of my favourite games despite some of the shitty aspects, so I really hope the third isn't trash.
>>
>>332503332
Those people are playing for the loot mechanics and the raidboss system - both cool ideas that have nothing to do with my criticisms of the game.

If they had made the plot and characterization more tolerable and had managed to maintain the same tone, setting-wise, of the first game, you would likely have even more people playing this game.
>>
File: 1101001001929.jpg (20 KB, 256x246) Image search: [Google]
1101001001929.jpg
20 KB, 256x246
> No more Atlas or S&S guns
> Now there's Bandit
>>
Give me an overworld. I don't want to just drive around a chunk of Pandora like it's some shitty zoned up MMO, I want to drive around Pandora, drift into things I maybe shouldn't drift into at my level, I want to be able to explore the locations from both Borderlands games. Look at fuck awful games like Fuel with these absolutely massive overworlds, but we can't get a decent RPG shooter with a huge overworld? How the fuck is that not possible. I don't want a huge ass cohesive story to it, every area and region should have it's own story to it, if you want to toss the vault hunt back over it sure go for it, but holy shit, I don't need to be taking on some giant ass company or military all the time, it's a wasteland, use your imagination. That's actually a good fucking point, they need to use their imaginations again, Tales from the Borderlands and Borderlands 1 had a lot of really good thought put into them, even if some design choices had me reeling a bit (Borderlands' loot system was ass. Don't tell me it wasn't. It's the same shit as Diablo 3, you look at damage stats and toss them on) you could still, especially with the first game, tell there was a lot of care put into the game. From just how awkward the first few segments were, especially Firestone and how weird and out of place Zed and Scooter were, that at the time they weren't really too keen on pleasing anyone but themselves, and they got lucky with how that humor resonated with the players. I want choices to actually be worth a fuck and not just played as a "LOL FALLOUT DOES IT LET'S SPOOF" deal, and I'm not looking for deep shit here where you can kill a mime and have some animal miles away starve because the mime didn't wander into it's nest, but make me commit to my character's design, offer skill point refunds but don't make it just a transaction, make me earn it, put some effort into making a challenge of it. Make the game eight players after all that, don't give me artificial difficulty and i'm sold.
>>
>>332503332
>battleborn

Please don't remind me of that

Literally who thought that was a good idea
>>
Get Telltale to write it.

Let you create your own vault hunter.
>>
>ctrl+f meme
>23 found
You know what to do.

Also kill those fucking assholes who "balanced" OP difficulty. Just fucking burn them.
>>
>>332503797
>offer skill point refunds but don't make it just a transaction, make me earn it, put some effort into making a challenge of it.
No, and fuck you for suggesting that.
>>
>>332494151
not that guy but if you its so shit,why don't you give ideas then 'smort goy'?
Telling others to kill theirselves does nothing but stupidity...
>>
>>332485804
>bring back level and enemy variety from BL2
>everything else from BL1
>make vault hunters from the previous games playable if you buy the DLC
>>
>>332504356
Sure, let's make it just like Borderlands 2 where everyone plays the same skill set for each class and we end up with basically the same game every time we play it, no matter who we play it with.
>>
>>332485804
8 Player mode.
>>
>>332503118
DoTs were in a really weird spot in BL2, to be honest. Unless you played Shock/Anarchy Gaige or Hellborne/explosive Krieg (the two most fun max level playstyles in the game, FYI) DoTs were pretty much worthless.
Shock/Anarchy Gaige had massive straight damage, massive DoT damage, shield recharges, DoT spreading, the works. Hellborne/Explosive Krieg was pretty much the king of elemental DoTs and the elemental novas from the Explosives tree made spreading the sickness twice as fun and twice as easy.
>>
>>332503987
>>
>>332504487
What classes are you talking about? I only played Maya and Krieg but there were many ways to play them and being able to change without repercussions to try shit out allows for that diversity. Take the go-fast build on Maya for example, if I had to do some long side quests to respec I would never have tried it
>>
>>332485804
>Borderlands / 2
>Enter new area
>Enemies are properly scaled
>Spend an hour in the new area, side quests what not
>Every single enemy in the area is now completely harmless to you

Fix this shit somehow
>>
>>332503565
The video fails on the title anyway. A loot system depends on the usage of loot. Since BL1 was a shittier game pound for pound the loot system can't be better because all you get is loot for a shitty game.
>>
>>332504775
lol
>>
a bajillion guns is a cool concept but in practice 90% of what you pick up are boring vendor trash. Actually taking the effort to make the majority of loot interesting would keep me hooked. And please make the guns actually look interesting, so many boxy shits caused by the art style
>>
>>332486497
>Ash
>huge tits
Playable Tina is an instant preorder for me.
>>
A way to make co-op not be ruined by even a slight difference in level between you and your friends. One of two levels off and they're too stronk and you're wimpy weak sauce not contributing or getting to do anything while they murder the mobs
>>
>>332504772

Whats wrong with that system? move to the next area then retard instead of farming on level 2.
>>
File: Get the fuck out of 4chan.png (191 KB, 593x592) Image search: [Google]
Get the fuck out of 4chan.png
191 KB, 593x592
>>332485804
-Made with PC's in mind first, consoles second.
-Don't lock better item drop rates behind DLC (Fuck them for that in BL2)
-Make weapons you find matter again like they did in the first game
-No social justice bullshit, fuck off completely
-Bullet sponges can fuck off
-better character creation system that isn't locked behind DLC as well.

Seriously, this series might be the most cancerous shit ever with their DLC practices. Also I'd keep their marketers the fuck off of /v/, you dont create customers marketing here, you create enemies.

>Mfw around BL1 and 2's release
>Mfw it was so bad Mootle had to word filter Viral.
>>
>>332504981
I knew about BL2 but I had no idea the first game was shilled here, are there any screenshots or archives left?
>>
>More like BL1 overall
>Less Memes and Burch agenda
>Improved vehicle combat, maybe add in a flyable one
>Bring back the Pestilent Defiler and Thunderstorm
>>
>>332505026
I dont think so no, considering the old archives have been wiped for a long time now. Some other older anons might have some screenshots saved. I only have some shit from 2004 saved, the rest has been wiped continually because I reformat my OS often.
>>
I want a reboot.
Make it a new planet, keep a minimum of old cast.
Keep Jack dead. He's awesome character, but it's time to let him fucking go.
I like the direction TPS took.
>>
>>332487593
pretty much, and make the game fun again
>>
>>332504954
>what are side quests
it's like you haven't even played the games
>>
>>332485804
Remove the ability to look down the scope of your gun. It feels stupid when the hitrate is based on RNG. Make the accuracy work more like Mass Effect where you have a big circle on the screen that your bullet could go anywhere in.

Make it more RPG-like in general.
>>
>90% of what people post here was fixed in TPS
>People still insisting on blindly hating it
>>
File: 1414104746083.jpg (38 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
1414104746083.jpg
38 KB, 300x263
>>332487695
>BRING BACK JACK AS A CLAPTRAP
>>
>>332485804

Fire Burch and dedicate one entire chapter of the game to mocking him and everything he stands for indirectly. After that, I dunno pick any other Anon's post and copy them.
>>
>>332505258
>implying maymays and muh progressive shit is only 10%
>>
File: 1443027215164.jpg (33 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1443027215164.jpg
33 KB, 500x636
>>332505169
> hitrate based on RNG
>>
>>332503565
>five minutes in and the only things he's complained about is that assault rifles are different (though there are fully auto assault rifles that are somewhat accurate but depends on your recoil reduction, but largely they do suck for most of the players) and explosive isn't an element even though he notes in the video yes it is an element. Then he tries to goalpost and say ANY GUN DOE.
It's still an elemental weapon in the game and it's found on 3.1 types of guns pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, and a single sniper rifle. And nades. It's still an element. His argument should be it doesn't spawn on every gun not it's not an element because it is and elemental protection and damage boosts apply to it is as well. The manufacturers just have more gun specific traits. Why no splash damage on non maliwan, why no aim correction on non hyperion, why damage boost on non jakobs, why no being completely shitty for non bandit? Because that's what those manufacturers do.

Worse is that he's saying all this to garbage gameplay.
>>
>>332505536
Also he's suggesting you don't use non legendaries. I've got a level 72 I'm still using a blue unique. People use grog etc... Legendaries are useful for unique strategy builds but purple items are still useful and some cases so are blues even.
>>
File: morrowind.gif (2 MB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.gif
2 MB, 425x319
>>332505169
>>332505505
>>
>>332505616
Red text blues as a whole are more powerful than legendaries in 2, if you don't count the herald. The rest of them are all kind of meh
>>
>>332485804
>just make Battleborn instead

Kidding, it looks even worse than 2.
>>
File: This pleases the nicholson.png (524 KB, 680x463) Image search: [Google]
This pleases the nicholson.png
524 KB, 680x463
>>332505713
>tfw i was in that thread
>tfw 1fps

Shit was legendary.
>>
>>332505768
The closed beta was fun because you could stack speed mods out the ass and cover the distance of the map in like 15 seconds. No doubt that wont be returning in the beta and it will indeed be ass.
>>
Reading through this thread, it's clear that the majority of you never got to level 72, let alone the op levels. Most of your suggestions are just really stupid. Remove memes, but keep adult tiny tina. What a fucking joke.

There are very few bullet sponges in this game. The few that are, are generally justifiable. Anybody who says the game is full of bullet sponges is just bad at the game.

I did see some good suggestions though. The levelling process needs to be sped up significantly, since the games gimmick is having skills, locking the good content behind hours played is dumb.

Prove saying remove clap trap are saying remove the mascot of the game... He was written to be hated/loved. But memes do need to be toned down.

Anybody saying it should be more like bl1 gameplay wise is stupid. Bl2 is almost entirely better than bl1. Except for loot system.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.