[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the power levels on the souls games when it comes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 5466456.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5466456.jpg
271 KB, 1920x1080
What are the power levels on the souls games when it comes to difficulty? I'm talking Demon souls and Bloodborne too.

Curious since I'm playing DS1 right now and the enclosed spaces and bullshit enemies are pissing me off.
>>
1. Dark Souls is definitely hardest, both level-wise and boss-wise. For example, in my NG + run of the game I actually had to give up trying to beat Kalameet, that's the only time I've done it
2. Bloodborne's levels are a lot easier due to more forgiving recovery, but it makes up for in the bosses, which are just as hard if not harder than Dark Souls'; except for the last 4 bosses there are none I consider really easy [spolier] even though I beat BSB on my first try, don't know if it was luck or not. [/spoiler]
3. Dark Souls 2, the constantly decreasing health makes you have progressively more trouble as you die. Some bosses are difficult, but the rest are piss easy and enemies can go extinct.
4. Demon's Souls because every boss bar 2, not counting the 2 optional bosses, gave me absolutely no trouble. The health decrease is not constantly increasing so you get used to it better, especially since there is a fix for it 10 minutes in.
>>
>>332483951
I would argue that dark souls 2 ks the hardest for many of the wrong reasons, like its roll system, tremendous fucking poise on most enemies and wonky hitboxes. Design differences like lack of iframes when doing actions like pulling levers and fog walls also contribute.
>>
>>332483102
Dark Souls 2 was definitely a harder than Dark Souls 1 by some margin, but mostly for bullshit reasons. A lot of people say the first game is harder because that's what they started the series with.
>>
>>332483951
>>332483102

Dark Souls the hardest? Heeeelll no
IMO in terms of difficulty
DeS>BB>DkS2>DkS1

Demon's Souls is the hardest for a few reasons
1. No estus. If you run out of grass you're fucked and have to grind for more
2. Less bonfires/archstones. The only archstones are at the beginning and end of levels.
3. Level design in DeS is imo the most annoying. The phantoms in world 4 and the entire poison area are annoying AF
4. If you aren't using guides the spider in world 2 is hard as shit. Other than that the bosses were pretty simple. If you are invaded for the Old Monk boss fight it's basically over.
5. If you're a douchebag to NPCs the enemies get even harder
>>
>>332485394
Forgot the fucking tower of latria fucking c'thulu assholes. If you don't kill that guy in the room controlling the boss in the church, killing her is impossible. He's extremely easy to miss
>>
File: 1448699849960.png (189 KB, 418x421) Image search: [Google]
1448699849960.png
189 KB, 418x421
Bosses? Dark Souls and Bloodborne. If you're not good at dodging things then have fun faggot because you're about to get bopped.

Level design? Definitely Demon's Souls. Demon's Souls and its level design gave me PTSD. Those levels were designed to put you in the shittiest situations ever.
>>
File: gas_coin.jpg (188 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
gas_coin.jpg
188 KB, 569x571
>>332483102

assuming we're talking blind NG runs...

Bloodborne was the hardest for me personally, by far. Almost every single boss was a wall for me where I'd get stuck and spend most of a day's play session attempting them over and over. This was largely because I tried not to summon anyone or look up strategies, but I was also just pretty dogshit at the large beast bosses in general. Amelia and Ludwig and tried and tried and tried but couldn't solo so I summoned for them. I also summoned for Kos but I was actually able to beat his first half without taking more than a hit or two very consistently and probably could have solo'd him, but I was getting really anxious to just see how the game ended already so I summoned to beat him and moved on to the final bosses

DaS2 was second hardest due to gank squads/bullshit enemy placements

DaS was fine, no boss other than Ornstein and Smough took me more than three or four tries at most.

DeS was definitely easiest. Every boss except False Allant, Flamelurker, and Maneaters was a fucking joke. That being said, Maneaters may be the hardest boss I ever solo'd in the entire series since summoning was an option due to dead community. False Allant was probably one of the most satisfying since it required you to git gud, and once you got gud, it felt gud.
>>
DeS is the hardest and best plus it doesn't drop the ball as hard as DaS does after you get the Lord vessel. Did From make it better because they knew it would never fall into PCuck hands? Probably.
>>
>>332485394
1. Grass is extremely abundant and cheap, and therefore makes the game easier because there is no limit to the grass you can get, which explains point 4
2. It doesn't matter considering there is a shortcut in pretty much every level, Bloodborne was the same way.
3. I'll agree with you here, for some reason people only criticize dark souls 2 for having bad level design/just swamping you with enemies
4. I beat the spider on my first try with no guide largely due to an abundance of grass as I mentioned before. Pure melee, no magic no ranged, no sticky white stuff, just tanked him because I could.
>>
>>332485394

you havin a giggle, mate? yeah, no estus means no free refills, but it also means you could give yourself an ass ton of grass and have like 200 heals for a hard bossfight
>>
>>332486054
>it's a sonyggers are blinded by corporate worship episode
>>
>>332485394
>running out of grass in DeS

How?
>>
>>332485394
I thought the spider was simple. Bait that shitty double swing he does and punish it with a roll.
>>
>>332485394
You have to be pretty bad at the game to run out of grass.
DeS has the easiest bosses. False King is moderately difficult an Maneaters are bullshit because of the cramped, by the rest is piss easy.
>>
>>332483951
This is the shittiest post I've read tonight neck yourself fag
>>332485394
You too
>>
>>332487019
I know DeS has easy bosses but it also has a few difficult ones. I never felt like the bosses in Dark Souls 1 were that difficult(except for that BS bed of chaos which I don't even consider a boss). Now that I think about it all of the Dark Souls 1 bosses were simple and straight forward

1. The Tower of Latria girl in the church is only hard if you don't know you're supposed to kill that guy in the tower. I had to use a guide for her
2. The old monk if you're invaded by him
>>
>>332487019
maneaters is super bullshit if he glitches on you

sometimes he will get stuck under the bridge forcing you to kill youself
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.