[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're in charge of Bloodborne 2. How do you improve Chalice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: Image-bloodborne-screen-30.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Image-bloodborne-screen-30.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
You're in charge of Bloodborne 2.

How do you improve Chalice Dungeons?
>>
No more endless streams of red rape spiders.
>>
>>332481150
Remove them. Create actual dungeons to put them into the game.
>>
>>332481150
Get rid of them. Real dungeons and content, not sickdark bullshit
>>
>>332481150
>no more levers to get to bosses
>no materials
>don't separate them into layers and make them one big dungeon
>make story chalices unique instead of just a certain arrangement of rooms
>no materials
>root dungeons are more linear, but still randomized with more differences than just textures
>more unique bosses
>no FUCKING materials
>>
>>332481150
ditch the procedurally generated bullshit. That has NEVER yielded a fun experience. In any game ever.

Just design a few dungeons using the same assets but DESIGN them. Design them with co-op in mind as well.
>>
>>332481150
Rip-off Binding of Isaac.
>>
Bloodborne of Isaac. Done.
>>
>>332481350
>>332481432
>>332482018
This.
>>
File: Infection.jpg (124 KB, 600x896) Image search: [Google]
Infection.jpg
124 KB, 600x896
>>332482018
>>
>>332482018
The generated ones were kinda fun. It's the boring required ones you had to slog through everytime and find materials for that were garbage.
>>
>>332483575

Doesn't count.
>>
>>332483575
>>332484104
You're seriously telling me that this game was fun BECAUSE of the random generation and not despite it?
>>
File: 1402974237791.jpg (55 KB, 541x462) Image search: [Google]
1402974237791.jpg
55 KB, 541x462
>>332481249
>Level 5 cursed defiled dungeon
>look down hallway
>10 spiders sprinting at me
>manage to survive and kill them
>turn around
>10 more spiders sprinting at me
>>
Make it more like Bloody Palace from Devil May Cry.
>>
File: BlackRose_(Versus).jpg (38 KB, 453x640) Image search: [Google]
BlackRose_(Versus).jpg
38 KB, 453x640
>>332484202

I think that, for it's time, they put enough effort into the gameplay and atmosphere of the dungeons and worlds you wouldn't grow tired of it. Hell, here I am still playing them at least once a year over a decade later.
>>
Only make them pre-made and release them out individually as mini-dlc.

Alter, repurpose and or create assests for these dungeons like alternate designs for established stages.

Beating the dungeon unlocks other chalices for that dungeon that can work as challenge, timed or pre-requisite runs.

Have an armor set or weapon hidden within these dungeons for the players to find, have alternatives placed in higher challenge versions of the dungeon.
>>
>>332483960
The required ones were still RNG. They just hit random enough times and said "eh, that looks alright" and made it a required one.
>>
>>332481150
Man I dunno, I like the idea, but they are so repetitive. Abolish materials for starters.

They reminded of the MH4U expeditions: just not fun.
>>
>>332481150

Remove them
>>
File: 1283934980790.png (68 KB, 204x190) Image search: [Google]
1283934980790.png
68 KB, 204x190
>>332481150
>Additional rite that allows you to guarantee off-shape gems while making the dungeon significantly more difficult, enemies far more aggressive
>Killing an enemy that can drop multiple types of blood gems with a specific damage (arcane, fire, bolt, blunt, thrust, slash) almost guarantees you'll get a gem of that type IE killing the Merciless Watchers in an FRC dungeon with the Beast Cutter will almost guarantee you get a blunt gem.
>Item Discovery affects both chance of item to drop and rarity of the item to be found.
>Farming materials is only required for Root chalices, story mode ones drop at the end of the chalice, so you get the depth 4 Pthumerian materials from the Depth 3 Layer 4 boss.

There, that fixes a shit load of issues. Other obvious stuff is less repetitive design and better enemy variety.
>>
>bloodborne 2

nice projections
>>
>>332488621

Why wouldn't they?
>>
File: 1452651698177.jpg (103 KB, 540x676) Image search: [Google]
1452651698177.jpg
103 KB, 540x676
>>332481150

Well, the obvious answer is "remove them."

Apart from that answer, I would;
-Remove ritual materials. They add nothing but grinding and making the dungeon order really linear. The only thing limiting your ability to do deeper dungeons should be what chalices you've found, I don't wanna find the Isz chalice and discover I need to do 5 Pthumeru's first. As for rites, the "cost" of the rite is just the trade-off of the challenge. It's harder, so you get more rewards. No farming items needed.
-Every boss has one room they're balanced around. Don't shove them in random rooms. If you're gonna put a boss like Amygdala or Paarl in your dungeon, make an arena as big as the one you found them in.
-Don't put optimal end-game gear as the chalice dungeon reward, like Bloodgems or Runes, which can have huge impacts on your characters abilities. Armor in Bloodborne, while useful in some situations, is largely a cosmetic choice. Having a bunch of armor sets be Chalice Dungeon rewards (Like the Bone Ash or Madman set) is a much better fit.
-Bell-women should not be summoning things the moment you load in, and those enemies should not be making a beeline for you, even while you're standing at the lantern after dying
-Don't make a "middle" chalice like the Hintertomb chalice. All chalice paths should eventually lead to the deepest depth.
-Mix up the rooms a bit more. Often it feels like I'm seeing the same 5 rooms for several levels, and then eventually I see some big cool area I've never seen before. Once. Then it never shows up again. Mix up what the big, central room is more often.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.